Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano

+4
Blanch32
xsanguine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
8 posters

Go down

Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano Empty Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano

Post by Turtleneck Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 0:58

In your quest to find good guys to have a beer with, I present to you somebody who freely admits he is not a good guy to have a beer with. You may now cross Senator Ted Cruz off your list of potential good guys to have a beer with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/28/the-third-republican-debate-annotating-the-transcript/

Ted Cruz wrote:If you want someone to grab a beer with, I may not be that guy. But if you want someone to drive you home, I will get the job done and I will get you home.

However, he later implied he might buy you tequila or pot brownies...

Last edited by Turtleneck on Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 1:02; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano Empty Re: Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 1:01

Lmao!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 2:59

Sounds like a great guy to rail some lines with.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 7:38

Shouldn't the quote be "but if you want some to pass judgement and pray for you on the ride home, I'm your guy"

....and on that note why do most Christians want you to be harmed if you dis agree with them?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 7:52

Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano 502811600

I actually watched a bit of that freak show last night. I heard Cruz at one point say he was 44 years old.. Shocked

I'm not kidding, I thought he was at least 60 or so. I'm 46 and I can't imagine looking the way he does, in terms of old, angry, etc - I suppose it's more of a persona and the way he presents himself.

anyway - thanks for thinking of me. I'll check with Trevor - someone who I've never met and knows nothing about me - when it comes to who I'd really enjoy having a beer with!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 8:00

This Presidential election scares the shit out of me.  

What the fuck are our choices?   Honestly, we need a President who is a giant, a Roosevelt/Reagan type (see what I did there).

These ass clowns on both sides just seem like they need the Benny Hill music playing when they walk into a room.  I'm scared as hell.  Don't know why I'm scared, I guess I shouldn't be, but damn, I am.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 8:14

I have no doubt that Robert Sakimano would love having a beer with Ted Cruz. They have so much in common.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 9:14

from what I can tell, I have about as much in common with Ted Cruz as I do the Magical Masked Man from Mexico... they both seem to be equally disturbed.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 10:03

DWags wrote:This Presidential election scares the shit out of me.  

What the fuck are our choices?   Honestly, we need a President who is a giant, a Roosevelt/Reagan type (see what I did there).
Although, to be fair, Reagan wasn't Reagan-esque during the primary season. He was just an actor who wanted to be Prez.  (I wasn't around for Roosevelt so I can't comment.)

The point is, you have to hold that office before you're viewed in any certain light. Clinton is a more recent example.  The guy was a nobody during most of the primaries, became a two-term POTUS, was impeached, made those who impeached him look like the bad guys, and left office with 60%+ approval rating.

But overall, I agree with you.  And that's why I'll take Hillary over all these clowns.  Not crazy about her, but she's by far the more qualified to hold that office.

BTW, why do these clowns use the expressing "...the will of the American people"?? How the fuck do they know what the will of the American people is?  I'm part of the American people, and they certainly don't represent me in any way!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 10:32

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:This Presidential election scares the shit out of me.  

Although, to be fair, Reagan wasn't Reagan-esque during the primary season. He was just an actor who wanted to be Prez.  (I wasn't around for Roosevelt so I can't comment.)

The point is, you have to hold that office before you're viewed in any certain light. Clinton is a more recent example.  The guy was a nobody during most of the primaries, became a two-term POTUS, was impeached, made those who impeached him look like the bad guys, and left office with 60%+ approval rating.

But overall, I agree with you.  And that's why I'll take Hillary over all these clowns.  Not crazy about her, but she's by far the more qualified to hold that office.

BTW, why do these clowns use the expressing "...the will of the American people"?? How the fuck do they know what the will of the American people is?  I'm part of the American people, and they certainly don't represent me in any way!
Reagan would be kicked out of the modern Republican party for being a liberal fascist.. that's what the current Republican bozos fail to even realize.

I've often said, especially in recent years, that the best friend of the Democrat party is the Republicans. A weak candidate names Barack Obama was elected twice because the Republicans pushed themselves so far right that no logical person could actually support them. They're doing the same thing this year.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 10:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Reagan would be kicked out of the modern Republican party for being a liberal fascist.. that's what the current Republican bozos fail to even realize.

I've often said, especially in recent years, that the best friend of the Democrat party is the Republicans. A weak candidate names Barack Obama was elected twice because the Republicans pushed themselves so far right that no logical person could actually support them. They're doing the same thing this year.

True. They actually gave the nomination to two moderates (McCain and Romney) but forced them so far to the right that they were out of their comfort zones (e.g., Romney talking down his own Romney-care plan).

Agree, Hillary is in perfect position to walk away with a win, simply because the conservatives think they represent "the will of the American people."
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 11:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Reagan would be kicked out of the modern Republican party for being a liberal fascist.. that's what the current Republican bozos fail to even realize.

Myth. Seen it parroted by liberals all over but no surprise Bob believes it.

From those notorious right wingers at 538.com:

Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano Silver-datalab-jeb-1

Shows Reagan as being essentially Rick Santorum who wasn't kicked out and in fact won many primaries vs Romney. Shows Reagan as being right of Nikki Haley and about equivalent to Bobby Jindal. In other words in the mainstream of today's Republicans. So once again I'll wait for an admission of spreading liberal lies from Bobby.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 12:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Reagan would be kicked out of the modern Republican party for being a liberal fascist.. that's what the current Republican bozos fail to even realize.

Myth. Seen it parroted by liberals all over but no surprise Bob believes it.

From those notorious right wingers at 538.com:

Dear Poster Robert J. Sakimano Silver-datalab-jeb-1

Shows Reagan as being essentially Rick Santorum who wasn't kicked out and in fact won many primaries vs Romney. Shows Reagan as being right of Nikki Haley and about equivalent to Bobby Jindal. In other words in the mainstream of today's Republicans. So once again I'll wait for an admission of spreading liberal lies from Bobby.
{sigh}

once again, you're welcome to your opinion.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 12:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:{sigh}

Nice attempt at a swerve. That's not my "opinion" - 538.com prepared that chart based on votes and policy statements as stated on the chart. Of course I'm sure what you read on Talking Points Memo is more accurate than Nate Silver.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 29 Oct 2015 - 12:18

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:{sigh}

Nice attempt at a swerve. That's not my "opinion" - 538.com prepared that chart based on votes and policy statements as stated on the chart. Of course I'm sure what you read on Talking Points Memo is more accurate than Nate Silver.
okay

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down