Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories

+6
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cym Jim
Rocinante
tTy
tGreenWay
Gomer
10 posters

Go down

What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories  Empty Re: What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories

Post by Gomer Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 1:58

Character for what? The show you put on over at the other site?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories  Empty Re: What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories

Post by tGreenWay Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 2:00

gHost Spartan wrote:Yesterday I saw something on the news about a GOP candidate against gay marriage and I thought of a character and some dialogue but I haven't fully developed it yet, so please bear with me but also feel free to contribute your thoughts.

His name is Gary.

"Well, guess what, I'm tired of all this sanctimonious marriage equality bullshit. Why? Why are you so compelled to feel you have the right to get married. Marriage isn't between two fags, marriage is between a man and a woman, it always has been, and it always will be. Gay people have been discriminated, tortured, killed, and imprisoned for hundreds if not thousands of years because we are gay. That's who we are. Frankly, I'm insulted that straight people want us to get married and I find it incredibly offensive that once again, it's straight people telling us how we should feel or what we should do. We are gay. We aren't like them. I don't want to be like them. And I don't want to get married like them. We are gay and being gay is our identity. Let's stop trying to appease straight people and just be ourselves… because we are different. Can't we just accept that we're different and move on?"

That's the part that's hard to believe. It would never happen that way in real life.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 2:03

You really oughta trash him up a little bit to grab the readers attention. He probably needs to start out talking a little more about how he likes to cheat on his boi fren Bruce (Pronounced "Brooths") at a local truck stop by getting pinned against a locked bathroom stall door with his nickers around his ankles by a over the road long haul queen that goes by the CB name "Rode Whore", but maybe that's just me. THEN go into the whole gay marriage debate thing.... At that point, you'll have a captive audience.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 2:04

It sounds like a kernel of the beginning of an idea for something alright.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 4:48

Whoa. Gay people aren't simple stereotypes? They have different identities and perspectives on gay culture? That's pretty revolutionary shit gHost. Oh wait. Sorry. What year is this?

I have a feeling you posted this on tRCMB back in 1998 though, back when I was posting pictures of "Spartan Hotties."
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 5:06

What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories  Giphy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 8:34

Really gHost?

Go over to the corporate board to vette your characters. Those posters have been exposed to a lot more of your fiction.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 8:46

Gary sounds angry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 9:33

Gomer wrote:Character for what? The show you put on over at the other site?

What do you guys think about this gay character that I'm developing for one of my stories  3775540924
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed 4 Nov 2015 - 13:51

Married life must suck if you feel the need to take time to think of and then type out this sheet
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down