Give me a book to read.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-12, 16:18

avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Tyler Durden on 2018-02-13, 12:33

Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
avatar
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Posts : 137
Join date : 2014-05-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Nordic on 2018-02-13, 20:03

Tyler Durden wrote:Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal

Hole Lee Fuq...Tyler Durden sighting
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7763
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-17, 11:47

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41446
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-02-22, 00:38

Back on game of thrones let’s go
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-03-16, 09:01

I did something really crazy old school last night. I went to my local library and got a library card. Not bad for township municipal library. The number of DVDs and audio books alone is off the charts. They didn't have what I wanted last night, but the librarian actually took it down as a suggestion. Go figure.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16724
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-03-16, 14:56

I love my ELPL, Floyd. You should check to see where your card is accepted. A lot of libraries offer reciprocity. I can use the MSU libraries, which is great when I want to masturbate in the grad stacks... just like old times.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by goodbar on 2018-03-16, 15:09

tGreenWay wrote:I love my ELPL, Floyd. You should check to see where your card is accepted. A lot of libraries offer reciprocity. I can use the MSU libraries, which is great when I want to masturbate in the grad stacks... just like old times.

nothing worse then going back and you go in the library to masturbate and there's some college kid there in your old spot, yanking it and you're like, "hey. sup. i used to jerk here too. well. I better get going. enjoy these times. it goes fast." and then you feel really old as you walk across campus in the rain realizing this isn't your place anymore.
avatar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-03-16, 16:01

goodbar wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I love my ELPL, Floyd. You should check to see where your card is accepted. A lot of libraries offer reciprocity. I can use the MSU libraries, which is great when I want to masturbate in the grad stacks... just like old times.

nothing worse then going back and you go in the library to masturbate and there's some college kid there in your old spot, yanking it and you're like, "hey. sup. i used to jerk here too. well. I better get going. enjoy these times. it goes fast." and then you feel really old as you walk across campus in the rain realizing this isn't your place anymore.

Nonsense. If these punks won’t yield to this OG, I’ll leave my Spartan juice all over the participation ribbons taped to their notebooks.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-03-21, 11:39

Yay, the library just messenged me said I can pick up the Stephen Hawking book I put on hold. It's about time.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16724
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-03-21, 11:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:Yay, the library just messenged me said I can pick up the Stephen Hawking book I put on hold. It's about time.

The last book about Time that I read.....

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41446
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-03-21, 11:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Yay, the library just messenged me said I can pick up the Stephen Hawking book I put on hold. It's about time.

The last book about Time that I read.....


Hmmm, that actually looks interesting, maybe a little time-consuming though.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16724
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-03-21, 14:48

I enjoyed Lee Child’s The Midnight Line, Floyd. Just getting into Nelson DeMille’s The Cuban Affair.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-03-21, 14:49

Speaking of which: You know how Cubans start their races?
On your Marx
Get set
Go!


(Blame Nelson DeMille, not me.)
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-17, 22:00

Anyone read ready player one?
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-05-17, 22:07

I read it last year - quick read and full of 80s pop culture
avatar
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6213
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Nordic on 2018-05-17, 22:22

tGreenWay wrote:I enjoyed Lee Child’s The Midnight Line, Floyd. Just getting into Nelson DeMille’s The Cuban Affair.

First half of the book was a lot of same old same old. I know they all follow the same script, but it was a little over the top for me. Grinded through and it definitely got better. Second half was solid/really good.
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7763
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-17, 23:01

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I read it last year - quick read and full of 80s pop culture

Enjoying it early on. A lot more to it than i thought. Witty too.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-17, 23:32

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I enjoyed Lee Child’s The Midnight Line, Floyd. Just getting into Nelson DeMille’s The Cuban Affair.

First half of the book was a lot of same old same old. I know they all follow the same script, but it was a little over the top for me. Grinded through and it definitely got better. Second half was solid/really good.

I’d agree with that assessment. Most of these writers stick with their formulas and we can only hope their imaginations make their work interesting enough to keep going. DeMille, Flynn, Baldacci, they all follow their blueprints. I need to find more novelists to enjoy. I’ve read a couple by Dennis Lehane and really enjoyed them. Thinking I’ll read the rest of his work this summer.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-19, 21:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone read ready player one?

If any y’all were teens in the 80s/grew up in the 80s or just like a solid easy read - this shit is great. Would recommend. Can’t put it down
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-22, 15:30

Has anyone read “The Cartel”?
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by steveschneider on 2018-06-07, 08:13

Dropping this here for otpt.

https://youtu.be/qzgtJleG3r8

Saw this on YouTube the other day. Thought it was pretty cool to see a tv interview on a major network about the psychedelic experience. His book looks interesting.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-06-07, 13:38

I've never been into oaters as reading material, but I ran across this list yesterday.

21 Western Novels Every Man Should Read
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16724
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-06-07, 13:41

Thanks Steve will check it out
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-06-07, 15:18

I wanted that Pollan interview to last longer.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by steveschneider on 2018-06-07, 15:25

Me too. Colbert is a very talented interviewer and it was a fascinating subject.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-06-07, 17:02

Plus he says things like tripping balls on network television.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26987
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-06-08, 02:22

What a great interview, thanks Steve. I could use a non concert trip. Will have to check out that book as well. That shit with the ego and self is spot on.

As you said, remarkable stuff.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-06-08, 02:27

The book got rave(no pun intended) reviews. 150 holds at my library though. Fuck me.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by steveschneider on 2018-06-08, 07:19

The tripping balls part was great. His description of the post it notes blowing away and the ego and the new vantage point....that was really deep and heavy. Even the part about his previous project and owning a cow was cool. I never heard of the guy before but he seems fascinating and eccentric in a good way.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-07-22, 17:49

steveschneider wrote:The tripping balls part was great. His description of the post it notes blowing away and the ego and the new vantage point....that was really deep and heavy. Even the part about his previous project and owning a cow was cool. I never heard of the guy before but he seems fascinating and eccentric in a good way.



Just finished the book above. Starting Michael Pollan’s book as referenced by Steve now.

avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-08-17, 00:02

Steve you HAVE to read this Pollan book man. It’s a trip in itself. Love love love
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by steveschneider on 2018-08-17, 06:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve you HAVE to read this Pollan book man. It’s a trip in itself. Love love love

How far through it are you? I’ll definitely check it out. I got a Ferdinand Celine novel on deck. Yeah, he was a horrible person but he sure could write.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Give me a book to read.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum