Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting set of questions from Jamie.

+6
I.B. Fine
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
10 posters

Go down

An interesting set of  questions from Jamie. Empty An interesting set of questions from Jamie.

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 08:34

Jamie: Dantonio makes case to replace Izzo as best MSU coach

Let me pose some questions that have no correct answers.

If you take the four major programs in our state -- Michigan and Michigan State football and basketball - and rank the four coaches in order - who comes in first? Who comes in last? Tom Izzo, Mark Dantonio, Jim Harbaugh and John Beilein. Who has the strongest grip on their job? Who has the weakest? Who is liable to win a title next? If you had one game to win, which of these men would you pick to coach it?

Is there a right answer? Is there a wrong one? Are you tired of me asking questions?

OK. I'll stop. I won't sit here and try to tackle this argument (I'll save that for another post on another day.)

With all apologies to KingIzzo - I'm picking Coach D for one game.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

An interesting set of  questions from Jamie. Empty Re: An interesting set of questions from Jamie.

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-24, 08:38

I read this article. I think it will be wholy dependent on what 'era' you look at. For me, I think it will always be Izzo. He is the catalyst, his influence throughout the AD is why MSU is where it is today. Dantonio will probably go down as the greatest coach, especially if he wins a NC, but Izzo still has 1 NC and 6 or 7 other FF's. The consistency of what Izzo has done over the last 20ish years at MSU is flat out amazing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An interesting set of  questions from Jamie. Empty Re: An interesting set of questions from Jamie.

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-24, 08:39

And now that I look at the question, I am probably answering the wrong one, or one that isn't there. For one game, I think its a coin flip between Izzo and Dantonio. Izzo is king of the one day turn around. Dantonio is a master motivator.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-24, 08:40

Great question when the school has a wealth of riches.

When Breslin was being built the two coaches in that conversation were the men's basketball or hockey coaches and not necessarily in that order
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-11-24, 08:41

I guess my first question would be "what sport are they playing in that one game?"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 08:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I guess my first question would be "what sport are they playing in that one game?"
midget tossing..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-24, 11:59

I'd put Izzo number 1 just because he's the only one of those 4 to win a national championship. Harbaugh, Beliein, and Dantonio haven't although Dantonio will join Izzo soon.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-24, 12:07

Giant Moose wrote:I'd put Izzo number 1 just because he's the only one of those 4 to win a national championship. Harbaugh, Beliein, and Dantonio haven't although Dantonio will join Izzo soon.

That's a hard point to argue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 12:59

that Jamie really knows how to ask a good set of questions, doesn't he..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-11-24, 13:02

If you put a gun to my head, the edge goes to Izzo, he's done it longer and has a Natty to show for it, but isn't it a wonderful debate to have?
Loved this line:
"Meyer blinked. Dantonio didn't. He never does."
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-11-24, 13:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:that Jamie really knows how to ask a good set of questions, doesn't he..

Isn't Jamie a girl's name?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 13:37

Triple Sparty wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that Jamie really knows how to ask a good set of questions, doesn't he..

Isn't Jamie a girl's name?
I assumed it was a dude.. could be a chick.

Can we get some confirmation from someone who keeps up with this stuff?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-24, 13:39

So Dantonio is going to coach BB?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-11-24, 15:18

Well I'm going to go with the guy that has a National Championship victory under his belt first and the guy that hasn't even won a bowl game last.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-11-24, 15:19

StylesGShmooth wrote:Well I'm going to go with the guy that has a National Championship victory under his belt first and the guy that hasn't even won a bowl game last.
So either guy from MSU, and neither guy from um?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 15:22

so is Jamie a dude or a chick?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-24, 15:25

He's a Northwestern grad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-11-24, 15:29

DWags wrote:He's a Northwestern grad.
so he's a dude. Thanks, man.

You're a great American and your ability to research gender-based facts online are most admirable.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down