Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Weekly Mass Shooting

+28
Wally Fairway
Code_Warrior
The_Dude
Turtleneck
xsanguine
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
DWags
NigelUno
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
SpartanInNH
WhiteBoyHatcher
tTy
Blanch32
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
StylesGShmooth
Vlad
kingstonlake
steveschneider
tGreenWay
32 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 Empty Re: Your Weekly Mass Shooting

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-13, 21:12

powerfulmeme.jpg
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-13, 21:16

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 Knk3qkx

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 StrawMan2

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 Caprice-in-pool-with-wet-shirt-showing-nipples
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-12-13, 22:18

I have been wrestling with this issue myself and I admit I don't know anything about it. So I looked up those same stats to find that yes Muslims do in fact overwhelmingly condemn these actions.
But still I don't know, where is the peer pressure? I go to church or the bar or work with these people and then they go out and kill innocent people but otherwise I thought they were pretty cool?
This world is just such a fucked up place.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-14, 07:39

Herbie Green wrote:
you know what would fix it?

more guns..

and prayer.

but only christian prayer. Can't have other people praying to other things.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 07:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:
you know what would fix it?

more guns..

and prayer.

but only christian prayer. Can't have other people praying to other things.

While Bob offers up his prayers we can all be comforted that there are others doing a bit more.

War Club practices combat drills in U.P. woods
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-14, 08:07

today marks the 3 year anniversary of the day 20 six and seven year old children were murdered at school, along with 6 adults..

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 Newtown-Sandy-Hook-Victims-771x450
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 19:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:today marks the 3 year anniversary of the day 20 six and seven year old children were murdered at school, along with 6 adults..

Cool, humans have been around for thousands and thousands of years and they're still killing each other. Maybe sometime in the next several thousand years we'll put a stop to it, but I wouldn't count on it because that's what we do.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 19:35

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:today marks the 3 year anniversary of the day 20 six and seven year old children were murdered at school, along with 6 adults..

Cool, humans have been around for thousands and thousands of years and they're still killing each other. Maybe sometime in the next several thousand years we'll put a stop to it, but I wouldn't count on it because that's what we do.

That's the pro gun argument now? Lol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 19:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

No, that's just my opinion. If you've got a solution to stop humans from killing each other let's hear it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 19:39

No, that's just my opinion. If you've got a solution to stop humans from killing each other let's hear it.

I'm not 100% sure what people mean when they say "straw man" but in pretty sure this is it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 19:44

I'm not 100% sure what people mean when they say "straw man" but in pretty sure this is it

ahh, so you have no solution. People have been killing people since they came out of the soup. From what I've seen, it's not going to stop. We can all act outraged but until everyone on this planet starts valueing life equally it's not going to stop.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 19:52

ahh, so you have no solution. People have been killing people since they came out of the soup. From what I've seen, it's not going to stop. We can all act outraged but until everyone on this planet starts valueing life equally it's not going to stop.

So it's a zero sum game in your eyes? Less killing wouldn't a pretty sweet start? All or nothing with you?

You sound like a psycho.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 19:55

So it's a zero sum game in your eyes? Less killing wouldn't a pretty sweet start? All or nothing with you?

You sound like a psycho.

No, just realistic. Humans are pretty inventive in the ways of killing each other. Take guns away and they'll just come up with another way to kill each other. It's been that way for thousands of years. We're not going to change it overnight.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 20:00

You sound like a psycho.

No, just realistic. Humans are pretty inventive in the ways of killing each other. Take guns away and they'll just come up with another way to kill each other. It's been that way for thousands of years. We're not going to change it overnight.

Well, let's test your hypothesis. Take the guns away (something we've never done so who knows if you're right or not) and see if murder rates drop. If you're right, I'll buy you a Coke.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 20:03

Well, let's test your hypothesis. Take the guns away (something we've never done so who knows if you're right or not) and see if murder rates drop. If you're right, I'll buy you a Coke.

Okay, you can start tomorrow by banging on people's doors and telling them that you're there to confiscate their guns. I'll buy you one Coke for every ten guns you confiscate. When the murder rate starts to drop I'll buy you another Coke for every percentage rate it does drop. But, it has to be worldwide, not just the USA.

Last edited by Jake from State Farm on 2015-12-14, 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 20:04

Okay, you can start tomorrow by banging on people's doors and telling them that you're there to confiscate their guns. I'll buy you one Coke for every ten guns you confiscate. When the murder rate starts to drop I'll buy you another Coke for every percentage rate it does drop.

I just want to test your hypothesis bro. Why are you so against that? Maybe you could explain it to them, and give them your cokes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 20:07

Okay, you can start tomorrow by banging on people's doors and telling them that you're there to confiscate their guns. I'll buy you one Coke for every ten guns you confiscate. When the murder rate starts to drop I'll buy you another Coke for every percentage rate it does drop.

I just want to test your hypothesis bro. Why are you so against that? Maybe you could explain it to them, and give them your cokes.

We can test it. It just has to be a worldwide test. The USA doesn't have a monopoly on killing people.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 20:07

We can test it. It just has to be a worldwide test. The USA doesn't have a monopoly on killing people.

Do you think Isis likes Coke?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-14, 20:09

Do you think Isis likes Coke?

It wouldn't surprise me if they killed people solely with Coke.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 20:12

Oh that hypothesis has been tested - most dictators prefer disarming their citizens prior to killing them, makes for a tidier job of it.

In the 20th century, most people did not suffer from the right to keep and bear arms.

They suffered from the lack of the right to keep and bear arms.

As can be attested by the victims (assuming they could talk) of the likes of Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, and Milosevic, along with the Hutus… As an aside, one of the first measures taken by each of the aforementioned (ahem) leaders after coming to power — for the good of the people, needless to say — was to impose or to tighten arms control.

Also you seem to have swallowed the "this only happens here" argument which is BS.

It is easy to tout the success of gun control laws in the rest of the Western world and to say that “this just doesn’t happen in other countries” when you ignore : the 1996 massacre of 16 children at a Scottish primary school; the 2000 killing of eight kids in Japan; the 2002 deaths of eight people in Nanterre, France; the 2002 killing of 16 kids in Erfurt, Germany; the 2007 shootings to death of eight people in Tuusula, Finland; the killing of 10 people at a Finnish university less than a year later; the 2009 killing of 15 people in Winnenden, Germany; and, needless to say, Anders Breivik’s 2011 mass murder of 77 Norwegians, most of them teenagers.

Is it unrealistic to wonder whether the tolls would have been lesser had a few of the adults in each place — as well as in Paris’s Bataclan a couple of weeks ago — carried a weapon and tried to shoot back at the respective killers?

Here's some reading from a few years back with updates if you're really interested:

What Is to Blame for the Connecticut Shooting? Does the Blame Lie with the Right to Bear Arms Or Can It Be Found Elsewhere?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 20:20

I'm not clicking on your links goose. And I'm also not going to talk in circles anymore. But I think there is some kind of happy medium between dictators taking away guns and not killing each other like crazy anymore.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 20:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm not clicking on your links goose.

Solid idea. Danger lies there, you might learn something to contradict your preconceived notions. Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-14, 20:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Solid idea. Danger lies there, you might learn something to contradict your preconceived notions. Wink

Nah, I just don't have time for that shit right now. Or the energy.

Plus I'm willing to be that you've already posted the same link a few times in this or another thread.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 20:57

LooseGoose wrote:

Nah, I just don't have time for that shit right now. Or the energy.

Plus I'm willing to be that you've already posted the same link a few times in this or another thread.

Nope totally new one. Always try to keep some fresh perspective in reserve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-14, 21:06

LooseGoose wrote:

Are they from Breitbart, Red State, and gunsgunsgunsandmorefuckingguns.com?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 21:14

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

You need to learn to love guns, it seems you have anger issues with them.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-14, 21:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You need to learn to love guns, it seems you have anger issues with them.

True. I don't like the ones I own. They are kind of boring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-14, 21:40

Funny how folks are still fighting gun registration and tracking large purchases of ammunition even after Sandy Hook just 3 years ago.

If any of the pols who get re-elected with gun lobby funds lose a spouse, child or grandchild when a crazy or domestic terrorist starts shooting they might change their thinking like we saw attitudes change regarding same sex marriage when they came to grips that they had family members being affected.

Until then we get preached to that humans have been killing humans for 3000 years so losing 20 6-7 year olds and 6 adults at an elementary school to a lone shooter is just the cost of personal liberties in the 21st century.

Sad.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 21:46

GRR Spartan wrote:Funny how folks are still fighting gun registration and tracking large purchases of ammunition even after Sandy Hook just 3 years ago.

If any of the pols who get re-elected with gun lobby funds lose a spouse, child or grandchild when a crazy or domestic terrorist starts shooting they might change their thinking like we saw attitudes change regarding same sex marriage when they came to grips that they had family members being affected.

Until then we get preached to that humans have been killing humans for 3000 years so losing 20 6-7 year olds and 6 adults at an elementary school to a lone shooter is just the cost of personal liberties in the 21st century.

Sad.

And I know everyone is tired of arguing it but the 2 "regulations" you reference would have made exactly no difference in Sandy Hook. The guns were legally bought and registered and there were no mass purchases of ammunition. So those voting for such regulations would feel better having "done something" that accomplished nothing except inadvertently make criminals out of thousands of people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-14, 23:09

GRR Spartan wrote:

Sad.

That's really how you see the situation?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-14, 23:38

xsanguine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Sad.

That's really how you see the situation?

Yes. The various gun lobbies fight any regulation tooth and nail. I own more guns than several of the gun rights advocates who post here who don't want any increased regulations. I guess I don't share the paranoia some do.

I know the the standard pat answer is "those changes wouldn't have stopped (fill in the blank)" which is right up there with the "thoughts and prayers" pablum that's dished out every time we have another multiple killing of people.

Yet if those two things are so minimal why do gun lobbies oppose them?

I know how people who post here feel about additional Federal gun legislation. I am simply pointing out that with many issues from same sex marriage to things as simple as banks being forced to post electronically funds to your account without waiting for up to 72 hours, until it affects a legislator it's not a priority.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-12-15, 18:22

GRR Spartan wrote:

Yes.  The various gun lobbies fight any regulation tooth and nail.  I own more guns than several of the gun rights advocates who post here who don't want any increased regulations.

Are you saying that as in because you own more guns than some of the others, the fact that you favor one group of people regulating the possessions of others is more legitimate?

GRR Spartan wrote:

I guess I don't share the paranoia some do.

The paranoia of being further regulated? Why would you share that paranoia if you're "for" it?

GRR Spartan wrote:
I know the the standard pat answer is "those changes wouldn't have stopped (fill in the blank)" which is right up there with the "thoughts and prayers" pablum that's dished out every time we have another multiple killing of people.

Yeah... I mean... prohibition of anything hasn't exactly shown itself to be fruitful.

GRR Spartan wrote:
Yet if those two things are so minimal why do gun lobbies oppose them?

Probably because it would affect people's personal liberty.

GRR Spartan wrote:
I know how people who post here feel about additional Federal gun legislation.  I am simply pointing out that with many issues from same sex marriage to things as simple as banks being forced to post electronically funds to your account without waiting for up to 72 hours, until it affects a legislator it's not a priority.

Kind of, same sex marriage removing barriers others have created in order for people to have equal rights as others. What seems to be suggested is going further down the road of restricting or eliminating rights.... which is what a lot of individuals aren't down for.

What I was really referring to is "losing 20 6-7 year olds and 6 adults at an elementary school to a lone shooter is just the cost of personal liberties in the 21st century."... wondering if that's really how you see the opinions of those who disagree with you. Because if that's the perception of a lot of individuals on that side of the topic, that would explain a lot of the disconnect.

I guess I see what you're talking about with regards to Republican-esque dudes... the types of people that actually stand in line to "vote". But whatever happens is going to happen. No one is going to stop that machine.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-22, 12:54

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/22/shooting-reportedly-kills-7-at-ohio-home.html

Ho hum.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-06-18, 11:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Can't wait for our petulant President to lecture America on guns again - that never gets old. I only hope that Hillary picks up that torch and makes gun control a leading issue of her campaign - that's always a winner for Democrats.

the NRA laughs itself all the way to the bank - which is why they enjoy mass shootings. They prey upon their intellectually vulnerable followers - usually mention something about the black man in the White House to make sure their bigoted/racist bases are covered..

and, right on cue, the mouth-breathing and knuckle-dragging target audience run to the gun shops..

it's a pretty brilliant strategy in terms of money-making schemes.. unfortunately, though, they have to rely on the senseless murder of innocent people to pull it off. They just see it as collateral damage, though.

Bump
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-18, 11:08

Somewhere in MD.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-10-18, 11:34

InTenSity wrote:Somewhere in MD.
To quote another sexual predator Bill ORiely... that's the price of freedom

Of course, there are plenty of free countries where this doesn't happen. But.....'Merica
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-18, 11:42

just some patriot proudly participating in his/her 2nd Amendment right..

Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-18, 11:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:just some patriot proudly participating in his/her 2nd Amendment right..

Thoughts and prayers for the victims. Going to unwrap a fresh set of candles for the vigil.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-18, 11:53

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:just some patriot proudly participating in his/her 2nd Amendment right..

Thoughts and prayers for the victims. Going to unwrap a fresh set of candles for the vigil.

mass murder--->thoughts and prayers--->too soon--->candlelight vigil--->mass shooting

they're upset about a peaceful protest than they are a mass shooting.. Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-18, 11:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

mass murder--->thoughts and prayers--->too soon--->candlelight vigil--->mass shooting

they're upset about a peaceful protest than they are a mass shooting.. Your Weekly Mass Shooting - Page 18 502811600

Bob, we shouldn't talk about mass shootings until that last candle has burned out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next