Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2015-12-15, 21:03

A $500 flight option from DTW just popped up. 12/31 - 1/1, 1 stop each way. Hmmmmm. Wonder if I can find anyone to go.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14787
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-12-15, 22:44

Dude. Take a couple days. Spend some time eating steak and drinking tequila. It's Texas.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2015-12-15, 22:57

Triple Sparty wrote:Dude. Take a couple days. Spend some time eating steak and drinking tequila. It's Texas.

I lived there. Only thing appealing about Texas to me is visiting a friend and his family and he doesn't live in Dallas.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14787
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-12-15, 23:15

Right on. Spending 12/31 and 1/1 flying just does not sound appealing to me.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2015-12-15, 23:17

Triple Sparty wrote:Right on. Spending 12/31 and 1/1 flying just does not sound appealing to me.

+1.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14787
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2015-12-15, 23:47

did that flight for the Rose Bowl and it wasn't bad at all



granted I've twice eaten only Olive Garden for ~50 straight days so maybe I can put up with more explosive diarrhea than most
avatar
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5118
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Giant Moose on 2015-12-15, 23:51

I still plan on going, but a surprising anount of my Spartan friends are backing out. Nobody really wants to spend NYE in Texas. Really wish we had Miami instead...
avatar
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5839
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by The_Dude on 2015-12-15, 23:54

DTW
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-12-15, 23:55

Definitely preferred Miami. But taking the opportunity to visit friends in Texas + see game so win-win.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by The_Dude on 2015-12-15, 23:56

Giant Moose wrote:I still plan on going, but a surprising anount of my Spartan friends are backing out. Nobody really wants to spend NYE in Texas. Really wish we had Miami instead...

What's wrong with Dallas?
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by The_Dude on 2015-12-15, 23:57

Triple Sparty wrote:Definitely preferred Miami. But taking the opportunity to visit friends in Texas + see game so win-win.

Yep. I have been to Dallas multiple times. Its fine. Never been to Miami. Likely would have sucked it up and gone to Miami for the game.
avatar
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Posts : 7171
Join date : 2014-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Triple Sparty on 2015-12-15, 23:58

I don't get the Texas hate. Always have'd a blast when visiting.
avatar
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2015-02-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by GirbaudJeans on 2015-12-16, 01:19

Triple Sparty wrote:I don't get the Texas hate. Always have'd a blast when visiting.
Its from people who have never been. Everyone who comes to visit me in Austin is blown away and some have even considered moving here after visiting. People are insanely nice, smoking hot women, great weather 80% of the year, great food, no state income tax, great economy, great housing market, great beer and tons to do. The only thing we don't have is skiing. I will admit I miss snow on Christmas.
avatar
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 270
Join date : 2014-04-24
Age : 40
Location : Austin, TX

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2015-12-16, 02:37

GirbaudJeans wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:I don't get the Texas hate. Always have'd a blast when visiting.
Its from people who have never been. Everyone who comes to visit me in Austin is blown away and some have even considered moving here after visiting. People are insanely nice, smoking hot women, great weather 80% of the year, great food, no state income tax, great economy, great housing market, great beer and tons to do. The only thing we don't have is skiing. I will admit I miss snow on Christmas.

I like Austin a lot. Though I hear that the rest of Texas kinda sucks.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20202
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by NigelUno on 2015-12-16, 07:20

The_Dude wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:Definitely preferred Miami. But taking the opportunity to visit friends in Texas + see game so win-win.

Yep. I have been to Dallas multiple times. Its fine. Never been to Miami. Likely would have sucked it up and gone to Miami for the game.

As if.

Your game is in Orlando.
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18269
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2017-07-04, 22:46

Just getting back from 4 day weekend in Dallas. Had a blast but Goddamn it was hot. I live in NC and TX is fucking hot

_________________
We can share the women
We can share the wine
We can share what we got of yours
'Cause we done shared all of mine
avatar
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2576
Join date : 2014-05-15
Location : Dixie

Back to top Go down

Re: Official Dallas Travel Discussion Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2017-07-04, 23:03

Yes. Texas in July. Hot. Thank you for the update Doc.

_________________
Yeah, well....I *also* cook.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14787
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Yeah, well....I *also* cook.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum