Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense?

+7
DroppedByADime
DWags
tTy
Ass Dan
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
DoogieHouser
11 posters

Go down

Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense? Empty Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense?

Post by DoogieHouser Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Alabama uses three huge down lineman 320-340 lbs. Four linebackers in the 240-250+ range. This will be a battle.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense? Empty Re: Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Yes. It will. We are not going to line up and run against them. We have to be multi-dimensional. That will open up running lanes. The status of CC's arm is paramount. The status of our pass pro, especially on the right side where I'm not super sold on 79's abilities, is also paramount. If we can move the ball through the air, we can open up some things in the running game. If we can't, it's going to be a long day and we're going to be susceptible to a big play or two with their big, athletic young WRs. We will shut their running game down early. IMO the only way they get the running game going is (similar to us) by showing balance.

Not rocket science.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense? Empty Re: Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense?

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:53 pm

DoogieHouser wrote:Alabama uses three huge down lineman 320-340 lbs. Four linebackers in the 240-250+ range. This will be a battle.

I was looking at this the other day.  Our OL size is comparable to theirs.  But comparing our DL/LBs and I was...ohhhhhh shit.

300lb 3-4 D-lineman...whatever.  Everyone has fat boys.   But 250+ college linebackers is redic.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:55 pm

We won't run the ball for 50 yards. We never, ever block 3-4 fronts well and alabama's defense is the real deal.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:55 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes. It will. We are not going to line up and run against them. We have to be multi-dimensional. That will open up running lanes. The status of CC's arm is paramount. The status of our pass pro, especially on the right side where I'm not super sold on 79's abilities, is also paramount. If we can move the ball through the air, we can open up some things in the running game. If we can't, it's going to be a long day and we're going to be susceptible to a big play or two with their big, athletic young WRs. We will shut their running game down early. IMO the only way they get the running game going is (similar to us) by showing balance.

Not rocket science.

I agree, but you know damn well we are going to try to pound the rock. We gotta throw and run jet.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm not scared.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Don't panic if we only get two yards on a run on first down. As much as you might hate it we have to run the ball. No choice. It will shorten the game. We aren't scoring more that 17 points tops and if we go 3 and out with incomplete passes the clock stops and our defense is tired.

Getting 25-30 % of the needed yardage on first down is fine. After that we need about 65 percent of the remaining yardage on second down. That's why we can be predictable and boring. Pick up two or three running the ball on first. Get another 4 on a pass or throw on second and then short outs swings or screens on third. Key is short completions and keep the clock rolling. Don't get pissed at a two yard run on first. It's needed. Game will be a marathon.

I'm not worried. Fuck them. 14-10 MSU.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:51 pm

tTy wrote:I'm not scared.

Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense? 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:52 pm

DWags wrote:
I'm not worried. Fuck them. 14-10 MSU.

Who have we played this season that runs a 3-4 defense? 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:25 am

Watch the UT game... They look very beatable on both sides of the ball.
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:40 am

DroppedByADime wrote:Watch the UT game... They look very beatable on both sides of the ball.  

You mean the one that was just on ESPNU?  Yeah, saw it.

Last edited by Nordic on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:41 am

DroppedByADime wrote:Watch the UT game... They look very beatable on both sides of the ball.

One game snapshots dont work.

Look at overall body of work.

However, this Bama team is indeed beatable if MSU plays its A game.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:47 am

Cook is the best mid-range sideline hurler in college football (solid post tosser too).  We run a lot of jet action.  Their big boys are big. I for see a lot attacking the edges (or deep posts).  I don't see a lot of what we saw in the final drive against Iowa.

Bama's O can be beat.  Physical but inexperienced WRs. Henry is a fucking manbeast.  But he is a pure bulldozer with great speed, but is not going to make you miss unless you don't want to hit him.  Get a chip on him at the DL and have the LBs can clear. I like the way Cox/Nicholson have settled in at safety, this will be key on stopping Henry as well. Corners gotta man up Nardog style.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:11 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes. It will. We are not going to line up and run against them. We have to be multi-dimensional. That will open up running lanes. The status of CC's arm is paramount. The status of our pass pro, especially on the right side where I'm not super sold on 79's abilities, is also paramount. If we can move the ball through the air, we can open up some things in the running game. If we can't, it's going to be a long day and we're going to be susceptible to a big play or two with their big, athletic young WRs. We will shut their running game down early. IMO the only way they get the running game going is (similar to us) by showing balance.

Not rocket science.

Plus Kieler (#79) won't eat road killed squirrel, makes he question if he has the requisite toughness to face Alabama boys raised on road kill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Do you think they are looking at our worst game, losing to 5-7 Nebraska, and celebrating?
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:30 pm

DoogieHouser wrote:

Do you think they are looking at our worst game, losing to 5-7 Nebraska, and celebrating?
Wouldn't their loss at home to a Mississippi team be their worse loss?
I feel more confident about this game than I do the Cap 1 Bowl blowout.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:33 pm

InTenSity wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:

So we'll only lose by 20?
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:34 pm

InTenSity wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:

If they're as generous with us as they were with Mississippi we'll be fine.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Ran the ball for 174 against the best run D in the big ten. Threw it for 350 against the best pass defense.

We win.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:25 pm

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

If they're as generous with us as they were with Mississippi we'll be fine.

And we're as dominant as we were against Purdue.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Was Purdue the game we played 8 different backups as starters?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:29 pm

InTenSity wrote:Was Purdue the game we played 8 different backups as starters?

Yeah we were hurting then. I also think we got up early and put on cruise control. It's hard to get the rockets firing again once you shut them down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Not rocket science.

Please predict a blowout by Alabama.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down