Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+32
The_Dude
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
gomersbro
MiamiSpartan
tMysterious #4
tig ol bitties
duffy munn
Giant Moose
Watch Out Pylon!
tTy
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
Heat Miser
The Pantry
DoogieHouser
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
36 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-19, 09:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did I ban anyone?
me, you asshole.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by Frank Ricard 2015-12-19, 11:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not worried.

I'll start worrying when Bob starts worrying.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-20, 13:14

Recruiting: MSU offers Lansing Catholic's Poljan

Michigan State has entered the sweepstakes for the services of Lansing Catholic quarterback Tony Poljan.

But if Poljan commits to the Spartans for the 2016 class, it will not be at that position.

MSU extended Poljan an offer on Friday morning. Poljan said he is being looked at as a tight end by the coaching staff.

“It’s just a lot to think about and it makes the process more confusing,” Poljan said after scoring 23 points in Catholic’s varsity basketball win at Eaton Rapids on Friday night. “I’m keeping my options open but at the end of the day, I would like a chance to compete for the quarterback spot. I just played it in high school and I think I can be a quarterback at the college level.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-20, 13:22

Is he looking to play BB as well? I would think that could happen at any of the MAC schools that have offers out. Either way, he will likely get a shot at QB at those MAC schools. CMU is hot on his tail, and their current QB is pretty good and a LC alum.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-20, 13:28

Turtleneck wrote:Is he looking to play BB as well? I would think that could happen at any of the MAC schools that have offers out. Either way, he will likely get a shot at QB at those MAC schools. CMU is hot on his tail, and their current QB is pretty good and a LC alum.

It seems pretty obvious that if he wants to play QB he'll go elsewhere. Playing QB in the MAC gives you a pretty good shot at the League so if that's what he wants the smart decision is CMU.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-22, 13:42

Michigan State 'Crootin Roundup: George Hills Commits To Pitsburgh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-23, 20:00

Also bumping for Greenway
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-23, 20:11

Turtleneck wrote:Also bumping for Greenway

I bumped my official crootin' thread for you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-23, 21:01

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Also bumping for Greenway

I bumped my official crootin' thread for you.

You bumped it without mentioning Chambers, Layne and Jackson, you're virtually worthless as a recruiting analyst.

I feel sorry that Turtleneck even has to associate with your ass, go to the desert with gHost and Nigel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-23, 21:33

5th ranked Long Snapper:

Bradley Robinson ‏@B_rob10  16m16 minutes ago
Proud to say I am committed and have enrolled early at Michigan State University  #Spartans #ReachHigher #TeamRubio

Allen Trieu ‏@AllenTrieu 15m15 minutes ago
Troy Athens long-snapper Bradley Robinson committed to Michigan State. Enrolls next month. PWO to start, chance to earn schollie In spring.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-23, 21:40

LooseGoose wrote:5th ranked Long Snapper:

Proud to say I am committed and have enrolled early at Michigan State University  #Spartans #ReachHigher #TeamRubio

Troy Athens long-snapper Bradley Robinson committed to Michigan State. Enrolls next month. PWO to start, chance to earn schollie In spring.

I know I'm mr. Paranoid and Rocky told me I was full of shit on the other board for saying I can't remember any bad snaps the last couple years, but I can't remember many. Anyway, i think Pepper is a big loss and he was as steady as we could get for four years. I hope this works out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-23, 21:44

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:5th ranked Long Snapper:

I know I'm mr. Paranoid and Rocky told me I was full of shit on the other board for saying I can't remember any bad snaps the last couple years, but I can't remember many. Anyway, i think Pepper is a big loss and he was as steady as we could get for four years. I hope this works out.

Chmura also long snaps and we have a 2nd walk on too - Caflisch. So there will be some good competition there and all the eggs aren't in one basket.

COLLIN CAFLISCH
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-23, 22:19

Didn't realize we were bringing in an Athens kid. Would have gone and watched him this year.

Who am I kidding, like I fucking have time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-24, 10:39

Corley seems to have OSU #1 now, but good news on 4 star DE Prince Sammons (a massive DE) who just visited and is high on the Spartans. Another DE you say? One of our committed DE's looks like he won't qualify.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-25, 07:37

Battle Creek Central's Brandon Randle finds comfort with coach's family

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-25, 18:43

Trieu: MSU waits for big-timers' decisions in home stretch

Michigan State is headed down the home stretch of a 2016 recruiting class that is likely to be the highest-ranked group the Spartans have ever had.

It is a group that has also undergone changes in the past month, and as always leading up to Signing Day, the possibility for surprises and new additions remain. Here is a look at where everything stands leading into January's furious recruiting season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-28, 20:12

A rundown of upcoming high school all-star games.

Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl

When: Jan. 3, 9 p.m. ET

Where: StubHub Center, Carson, Calif.

National TV: Fox Sports 1

Need to know: Sponsored by the United States Marine Corps, the event is in its fifth year. Players are selected based on “their performances on the field as well as their commitment to leadership, maintaining a high level of character, and serving their team and community with honor, courage and commitment,” according to organizers. Kevin Crosby of Camberg-Erhardt High in Bamberg, S.C., and Steve Belles of Hamilton High in Chandler, Ariz., are the coaches.

Who to watch: Perhaps the biggest names are the quarterbacks: Michigan State commit Messiah deWeaver, who led Wayne (Huber Heights, Ohio) to a state final, and Oklahoma commit Austin Kendall, from Cuthbertson in Waxhaw, N.C. The game features a number of highly coveted wide receivers, including Clemson commit Tavares “T.J.” Chase, Southern Cal commit Josh Imatorbhebhe and Michigan commit Brad Hawkins. If you are a Penn State fan, the game features six Nittany Lions commits: cornerback Zechariah McPhearson, guard Will Fries, outside linebackers Joel Dublanko and Cameron Brown and tight end Danny Dalton. Two Notre Dame commits – defensive end Khalid Kareem and inside linebacker Jamir Jones – are all taking part.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/your-guide-to-the-high-school-football-all-american-games
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2015-12-29, 08:39

Something is going on with Miles Sanders the #1 recruit in PA., a running back. Someone on this board needs to plunk down the big bucks to find-out what is happening. Sacrifice for the team for-heavens-sake! We need a RB and he would be a good one.

Also, look to have mutual interest from a star-type linebacker from PA. Again, take one for the team.

Here's the linebacker from PA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOjys_1WO4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by DoogieHouser on 2015-12-29, 11:40; edited 1 time in total
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-29, 09:07

DoogieHouser wrote:Something is going on with Miles Sanders the #1 recruit in PA., a running back. Someone on this board needs to plunk down the big bucks to find-out what is happening. Sacrifice for the team for-heavens-sake! We need a RB and he would be a good one.

Also, look to have mutual interest from a star-type linebacker from PA. Again, take one for the team.

We'll all find out soon enough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-29, 09:16

24/7 apparently says he is looking around and potentially wants to visit. Per somewhere else, a family member says Pitt is also in the mix but thinks he will ultimately stick with psu.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-29, 09:28

A lot of assistant coaching and coordinator changes have been made in the last month including Illinois, MN, PSU, OSU and umaa and that's just the Big Ten. Players take notice and are reminded of things like what happened to Weber just days after signing his OSU LOI and his RB coach/main recruiter leaves for the NFL.
If MSU wins or loses Thursday night won't have a huge effect on how Dantonio and his staff recruit players. They get players and coaches they think fit their system and culture. Sometimes things don't work and they make changes no matter the circumstances. See Maxwell, Rouschar and Gill.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-29, 12:11

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 2h2 hours ago
You can tell Mark Dantonio is very excited about his upcoming recruiting class. Said he expects freshman receivers to play next year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-29, 12:13

LooseGoose wrote:Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 2h2 hours ago
You can tell Mark Dantonio is very excited about his upcoming recruiting class. Said he expects freshman receivers to play next year.

I mean. That. And we graduate like 75 wide receivers this year.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-29, 12:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 2h2 hours ago

75 is a bit of an exaggeration, Travis.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-29, 13:06

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

75 is a bit of an exaggeration, Travis.

Have you even looked at the depth chart? #dothemath
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-31, 09:51

Recruiting: Future Spartans prep for All-America games
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-31, 10:47

LooseGoose wrote:Recruiting: Future Spartans prep for All-America games

It is pretty cool to see five new recruits playing in high school all-star games.

Four in the Army All-America Game
Sicklerville (N.J.) Timber Creek WR Cameron Chambers
Battle Creek Central LB Brandon Randle
Darien (Ill.) Hinsdale South DE Joshua King
Detroit Cass Tech DB Demetric Vance

Huber Heights (Ohio) QB Messiah deWeaver in the Semper-Fidelis All-American Game
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 07:50

Michigan State football has unprecedented presence at U.S. Army all-star event
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 08:37

Corley announcing Saturday.

Now, with his recent official visit to Ohio State on December 11, it seems that Ohio State may have the inside track once again to land the country's 19th-best receiver in the 2016 class. While Corley has said that he is still looking at Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Ohio State, in all honesty, it is more of a two team race between Ohio State and Michigan State. Ohio State would love to land Michigan's second ranked prospect to join Austin Mack at the receiver position and we will know if this is to be this coming Saturday.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2016/1/4/10706146/ohio-state-recruiting-donnie-corley-jahsen-wint-antonio-williams-jeffrey-okudah
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 08:41

No word on how deWeaver played at the Semper Fidelis bowl, but I imagine they rotated QBs in and out regularly. Former MSU commit, Khalid Kareem, was named MVP.

Florida State running back commit Amir Rasul ran for three touchdowns and Notre Dame defensive end commit Khalid Kareem returned a fumble 13 yards for a touchdown and returned another fumble 78 yards as the East beat the West 28-13 in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl on Sunday.

Kareem was named the Most Valuable Player in the annual game sponsored by the Marines. The East has now won three of the five games.

“It’s just an honor to be here,” Kareem said. “It was a great experience to be around these Marines. They were getting on our butts every day about doing pushups, running, being disciplined. It was a great week.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/semper-fidelis-all-american-bowl-khalid-kareem-named-mvp-amir-rasul-has-3-tds
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 08:46

Something weird just happened. This thread automatically separated into two threads, and the original 25 page thread is now locked. Any chance it can be unlocked?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 09:41

Turtleneck wrote:Something weird just happened. This thread automatically separated into two threads, and the original 25 page thread is now locked. Any chance it can be unlocked?

No, something that happens to large threads here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 10:35

The "All Lobby" team at the Army game....

1. DE, Josh King
Talk about five-star measurables. This is what the Michigan State commit checked in at: 6-6.5, 245 pounds, 11 inch hands, nearly 36 inch arms. As a guy that has cut weight in the past for wrestling, King is going to pile on good weight instantly at Michigan State.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 3 4161642
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 10:44

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Something weird just happened. This thread automatically separated into two threads, and the original 25 page thread is now locked. Any chance it can be unlocked?

Why we need a forum.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-04, 10:49

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Why we need a forum.

You really think another forum is necessary with the amount of traffic we have here?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-04, 10:49

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Why we need a forum.

You really think another forum is necessary with the amount of traffic we have here?

No, he wants the forum so he can be a mod there and get a hat before Wags.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 10:51

Turtleneck wrote:

Why we need a forum.

If a vast majority of the information compiled in the recruiting threads is going to be routinely lost (because the threads hit a certain number of pages), then the answer is yes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 10:52

LooseGoose wrote:

Keep it up and you will not be mod of the new baked goods forum.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-04, 10:54

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Can I be a mod of the new Gay Only forum? Gay RR and Gaymer will also Mod
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-04, 10:56

Tanfan! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Can I be a mod of the new Gay Only forum? Gay RR and Gaymer will also Mod

If you could not infect this thread, that would be great.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next