Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Governor of Texas has had enough

3 posters

Go down

Governor of Texas has had enough Empty Governor of Texas has had enough

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 23:36

Offers what he thinks should be nine new amendments to the Constitution. In reality, he is proposing a "federalist amendment" that other's have suggested in the past, where all of these ideas appear as clauses as opposed to indendent amendments. Some of his ideas probably stem from genuine issues/complaints, but others sound a little crazy. Specifically where he wants the states to be able to override Supreme Court decisions.

http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/01/texas-governor-wants-add-nine-new-amendments-constitution
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Governor of Texas has had enough Empty Re: Governor of Texas has had enough

Post by tTy 2016-01-09, 04:00

Dude is legit.  Article V.  Look it up.  I support all of this shit.

FWIW, the Supreme Court, and the Executive Branch have overpowered Congress and made it pretty much irrelevant.  Not only that, but a fourth branch of government has spontaneously outcropped in the form of an enormous Bureaucracy and it is out of fucking control.

This shit needs to stop, and stop right fucking now.  Otherwise, we are just no longer going to be what we used to was, and I hate that.  If we turn into a progressive hippy state, we are eventually going to get blown the fuck up by someone.  Might not be this year, might not be in 50 years, but it damn sure will happen in a couple hundred years for sure, and I have a couple 5 year olds that I hope dont have to see that shit happen.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-09, 09:01

tTy wrote:Dude is legit.  Article V.  Look it up.  I support all of this shit.

FWIW, the Supreme Court, and the Executive Branch have overpowered Congress and made it pretty much irrelevant.  Not only that, but a fourth branch of government has spontaneously outcropped in the form of an enormous Bureaucracy and it is out of fucking control.

This shit needs to stop, and stop right fucking now.  Otherwise, we are just no longer going to be what we used to was, and I hate that.  If we turn into a progressive hippy state, we are eventually going to get blown the fuck up by someone.  Might not be this year, might not be in 50 years, but it damn sure will happen in a couple hundred years for sure, and I have a couple 5 year olds that I hope dont have to see that shit happen.

Welp, it was a damn good run.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 09:20

tTy wrote:Dude is legit.  Article V.  Look it up.  I support all of this shit.

Article 5 does not allow a single governor to formally propose a constitutional amendment. Constitutional amendments can only be proposed either by 2/3 of both chambers of Congress, or by 2/3 of the states calling for a national convention. The latter method, 2/3 of the states calling for a convention, has never been used.

I am with you in your first paragraph, although I would add that Congress has allowed this to happen. It's not as if the Constitution makes Congress powerless. In fact, it is just the opposite. I would also add that this is not a current phenomenon. If you are simply reacting to the Obama administration, or even the current Supreme Court, well, this is more than some partisan issue about the ACA or same-sex marriage.

You lost me with your second paragraph.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down