Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My call out thread will be published tomorrow

+19
GRR Spartan
duffy munn
tanfan!
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
The_Dude
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
Giant Moose
Death Roe
CheesySpartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 09:40

CheesySpartan wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:One of the things I love about blanch is that he's not afraid to raise difficult issues that most posters would rather ignore. I'm not saying he's right, once in a while his analysis is borderline Stephen Hawking-esque genius, sometimes it's not, but at least he isn't afraid to critique.

Blanch is the Donald Trump of this place???

Explains my popularity. Analogy makes sense
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: My call out thread will be published tomorrow

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-15, 09:46

Congrats on the win last night, Tanner and Blech.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 09:47

Death Roe wrote:Congrats on the win last night, Tanner and Blech.

Don't forget Vlad.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-15, 09:49

My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 2 502811600
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 09:50

What's the hold up?

Spell check?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 09:51

Sincerely,

The dude who seriously wants Warner fired after 1 bad game in damn near 3 years.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 09:52

NigelUno wrote:What's the hold up?

Spell check?

Like our bball team last night, tSwill just isn't in the mood for the truth this am
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 09:58

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:What's the hold up?

Spell check?

Like our bball team last night, tSwill just isn't in the mood for the truth this am

You ran to GNC. That's cool. Probably took awhile. You can post your thoughts later.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-15, 10:07

We have a game tomorrow. When is the OP going to fix MSU basketball before it's too late ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 10:19

duffy munn wrote:We have a game tomorrow. When is the OP going to fix MSU basketball before it's too late ?

I think the game is Sunday. He is currently taking his fish pills and vitamins. Don't rush him, or we will all suffer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-15, 10:30

Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

The dude who seriously wants Warner fired after 1 bad game in damn near 3 years.

LOL you're a moron. Seriously.

The Big Ten title game gameplan was an abortion. Thank God for that final drive.

Warner puckered and MSU almost lost to Purdue and Rutgers. Too conservative and it's sickening. Sorry I want a better OC.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-15, 10:36

The team I saw last night is not capable of winning in March. Was it a one time thing? A one bad game type thing? Sure it could be. But I was beyond shocked at how much they turtled. No body got pissed, nobody took charge. Nobody seemed to care we were getting anally raped in front of our home fans.

If you're getting plunked like that, you need to at least hard foul somebody, or rebound with intensity. We seemed to lube up and invite them to enjoy themselves.

Do we even have any bad ass enforcers on this team? Do any of these guys seem like they can get in your face and fire you up? Does DAVIS really appear to be anywhere near a one and done?

I think Izzo can point out our lack of toughness. Will these kids be able to implement it on the court?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 11:09

Death Roe wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

The Big Ten title game gameplan was an abortion. Thank God for that final drive.

Warner puckered and MSU almost lost to Purdue and Rutgers. Too conservative and it's sickening. Sorry I want a better OC.

.....and I'm the Moran. Lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-15, 11:13

Get to publishing your stupid stupid take.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-15, 11:13

Tanfan! wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Full court presses work in middle school and high school. Players get rattled and turn the ball over.

At the college level, they get shredded.

Sincerely,

Louisville

Apparently he didn't watch how Iowa State got back into the game against Iowa when they were down 20 at half.

Doesn't really matter - I don't think an MSU coach has ever made a questionable decision to him. I keep going and he's going to take my Spartan card away.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 11:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Sincerely,

Louisville

Apparently he didn't watch how Iowa State got back into the game against Iowa when they were down 20 at half.

Doesn't really matter - I don't think an MSU coach has ever made a questionable decision to him. I keep going and he's going to take my Spartan card away.

By scoring with their PG from flint we passed up for tum tum??
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-15, 11:58

Blanch32 wrote:

They are from the same class? Say it ain't so..
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 12:00

I wish we had a coach that knew what he was doing.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-01-15, 12:09

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-15, 12:45

Death Roe wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Sincerely,

Oh look, this poster is allowed to vent by calling for the termination of the coach.  But, but when anyone else vents by not calling for anyone's termination, but vents because they are pissed we got are shit pushed in last night, the fucker goes on the attack.

Last edited by Tanfan! on 2016-01-15, 12:47; edited 1 time in total
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-15, 12:47

Tanfan! wrote:

Sincerely,

Louisville

Yep
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-15, 12:48

Nordic wrote:

It's tomorrow bro. Blanch likes to create suspense bro. It appears to be working
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-15, 12:48

As long as we finish the year number 4, we have no right to complain. Being #4 is all that matters.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 12:53

Blanch32 wrote:

I'm making a list. What do we have so far?

1. Full court trap
2. Recruiting
3. Turnovers
4. Costello
5. Schilling
6. Wolly
7. Ellis
8. Nairn
9. Izzo = stubborn
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 13:40

NigelUno wrote:

1. Full court trap
2. Recruiting
3. Turnovers
4. Costello
5. Schilling
6. Wolly
7. Ellis
8. Nairn
9. Izzo = stubborn

Your list. Nor mine
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-15, 13:41

Tanfan! wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Oh look, this poster is allowed to vent by calling for the termination of the coach.  But, but when anyone else vents by not calling for anyone's termination, but vents because they are pissed we got are shit pushed in last night, the fucker goes on the attack.

Exactly but because he's a blowar like dwags, he gets a free pass from the rest of the club
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-01-15, 13:46

NigelUno wrote:

Don't forget Vlad.  

He never does.

Looks like he got busted above though. LOL!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-15, 13:51

NigelUno wrote:

1. Full court trap
2. Recruiting
3. Turnovers
4. Costello
5. Schilling
6. Wolly
7. Ellis
8. Nairn
9. Izzo = stubborn

Changing up the defense when we are down 20. I must be fucking insane.

Recruiting players that can make jump shots - Tum and Bess. Am I wrong?

I haven't really said anything about turnovers but they have been a problem forever. Think it comes with Izzo's pace but last night was worse.

No issue with Costello. He has improved every year and was probably our best player last night.

Schilling is a big body, decent on defense, but his offensive development has been less than stellar. He likes to foul.

With the talent level we have, Wolly should not be on the court. He has spurts of decency but the only reason he is on the court is because of the other players having a bad game. Schilling, Costello, Davis, Goins, and even Clark. You're telling me Wolly should see the court - ever?

Ellis just isn't very good. Don't think I should have to explain this.

Nairn can't hit a jumper and is often too fast for his own good. Needs to work on his change of speed to utilize it in the half court instead of just sprinting down court and throwing up a crazy lay up that is probably not going in. Or a turnover.

Izzo admits himself he is stubborn. Comes with him.

What do you have an issue with Nigel, except the fact that people are talking about the game/criticizing some players? Fuckin a. If you are looking for sunshine and sunshine only, we all know of another board that sounds perfect for you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-15, 13:55

NigelUno wrote:

1. Full court trap
2. Recruiting
3. Turnovers
4. Costello
5. Schilling
6. Wolly
7. Ellis
8. Nairn
9. Izzo = stubborn

I haven't really said anything about turnovers but they have been a problem forever. Think it comes with Izzo's pace but last night was worse.

No issue with Costello. He has improved every year and was probably our best player last night.

Schilling is a big body, decent on defense, but his offensive development has been less than stellar. He likes to foul.

With the talent level we have, Wolly should not be on the court. He has spurts of decency but the only reason he is on the court is because of the other players having a bad game. Schilling, Costello, Davis, Goins, and even Clark. You're telling me Wolly should see the court - ever?

Ellis just isn't very good. Don't think I should have to explain this.

Nairn can't hit a jumper and is often too fast for his own good. Needs to work on his change of speed to utilize it in the half court instead of just sprinting down court and throwing up a crazy lay up that is probably not going in. Or a turnover.

Izzo admits himself he is stubborn. Comes with him.

What do you have an issue with Nigel, except the fact that people are talking about the game/criticizing some players? Fuckin a. If you are looking for sunshine and sunshine only, we all know of another board that sounds perfect for you.

Please start being a better Spartan otpt.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-01-15, 14:01

Tanfan! wrote:
Nordic wrote:

It's tomorrow bro. Blanch likes to create suspense bro. It appears to be working

I'm not your bro, sport
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-15, 14:12

Blanch the great orator! My call out thread will be published tomorrow - Page 2 1486952199
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 14:15

NigelUno wrote:

1. Full court trap
2. Recruiting
3. Turnovers
4. Costello
5. Schilling
6. Wolly
7. Ellis
8. Nairn
9. Izzo = stubborn

Was the issue Tum and Bess not making jump shots last night?

Or was it maybe Forbes (0-5), and Eron (1-5 from 3), and McQuaid (1-4)?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 14:24

NigelUno wrote:

I'm making a list.  What do we have so far?

1.  Full court trap
2.  Recruiting
3.  Turnovers
4.  Costello
5.  Schilling
6.  Wolly
7.  Ellis
8.  Nairn
9.  Izzo = stubborn

Nairn doesn't turn the ball over that much.  He has 17 on the year.  For a guy that basically just handles the ball, that's pretty good.  4 players have more turnovers than him (and McQuaid has 1 less in a lot less time).  We have scorers.  He can contribute by being a true point guard, and he doesn't need to shoot less when he drives the lane...he needs to shoot more...there are plenty of times when he passes up great shots in close to kick it out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-15, 14:26

NigelUno wrote:

Yup - we were broke from 3 last night. Tum and Bess are more of an issue, as those numbers are outliers for those players.

Tum is shooting 37.5% from the field, 18% from 3, and 43.5% from the free throw line. In this day and age of basketball that is all about freedom of movement and shooting, that is very problematic for a team with that kind of point guard.

Is this really that offensive to you and the justice league?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-15, 14:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I better go check and see if my Spartan card is still valid. I think duffy may have reported me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-15, 14:33

I better go check and see if my Spartan card is still valid. I think duffy may have reported me.

I want you to know that my I typed "please start being a better Spartan" and my phone pre-filled "otpt" as the next word.

It knew. Everyone knows.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 14:33

NigelUno wrote:

Yup - we were broke from 3 last night. Tum and Bess are more of an issue, as those numbers are outliers for those players.

Tum is shooting 37.5% from the field, 18% from 3, and 43.5% from the free throw line. In this day and age of basketball that is all about freedom of movement and shooting, that is very problematic for a team with that kind of point guard.

Is this really that offensive to you and the justice league?

Oh, see...now you're trying to get cute. Why do you think I'm offended? We're just talking. Can you do that without resorting to deflection techniques?

We've lost 2 games...and having Nairn is now problematic? Bess is an issue? He took 1 shot, on a drive to the basket. He played 8 minutes. His 3 point shooting is an issue? Would it have been an issue if Forbes, Harris, and McQuaid shot better? You're reaching on that one. Big time.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 14:40

between Duffy and DWags telling you what you should think/say/feel.. getting old must suck.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 14:42

NigelUno wrote:

1. Full court trap
2. Recruiting
3. Turnovers
4. Costello
5. Schilling
6. Wolly
7. Ellis
8. Nairn
9. Izzo = stubborn

What do you mean change up the defense? Play zone? That's not going to happen (and when you're losing you wouldn't play zone anyway).

Full court zone trap? And then fall back into man? We have enough trouble with foul prone players...you think that would be a good idea? And, you couldn't really have Davis and Costello in at the same time. With a shorter shot clock, you're getting the ball back quicker anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-15, 14:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

between Duffy and DWags telling you what you should think/say/feel.. getting old must suck.

See...I find this deflection technique kind of funny. He can say what he wants. Why is he getting offended that someone might disagree? Is his opinion right? Just because?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next