Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months

+4
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
MiamiSpartan
8 posters

Go down

Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months Empty Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months

Post by MiamiSpartan 2016-01-20, 15:00

Nerd panic alert!

Episode VIII was planned to be released on May 26, 2017, which was the 40th anniversary of the release date of the original film.  Instead, Disney will release the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie on that date (moving it up from a July 2017 date).  Star Wars will be pushed back to mid-December.  Disney says it's because of the great success over the Holidays of Episode VII, so they want to give VIII the same thing.  Sounds like bullshit to me.  

If I had to guess (and I haven't read anything about this other than the link below, so maybe the nerd gossip has said something different), I'd say that they're behind on production or maybe not happy with how things are going.  Also, from a strictly business sense, I do see this making sense to better stagger this with the stand alone Star Wars films.  The first stand alone film is supposed to be released December 2016, so it would only be 5 months between that and Episode VIII's release if they kept that in March.

'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets New Release
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months Empty Re: Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 15:05

Hopefully the it's relatively watchable.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months Empty Re: Star Wars Episode VIII Release Date pushed back 7 months

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-20, 15:15

They might be making the plot a bit more complex than a big weapon using a big star to blow up everything this next go around. Or maybe not.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-20, 15:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:They might be making the plot a bit more complex than a big weapon using a big star to blow up everything this next go around. Or maybe not.

Billy Corgan always said about using the same successful model over and over again.... "If that's your schtick, keep beating it."
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-20, 15:33

Please change the title to "spoiler alert" because I know there will be guys on this board who will be going nuts finding out plot and characters.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-20, 15:36

Leia dies. Please.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-20, 16:57

Rocinante wrote:Leia dies. Please.

Hopefully in between movies. She sucks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-20, 17:36

This movie will be better than TFA. Guaranteed.

I think it's an interesting move, because this delay puts it up directly against Avatar 2.

Rian Johnson (director and writer) had to re-work some of the script and push back shooting to February. So maybe this was just a precautionary move to make the movie as good as it can be, which I'm fine with. TFA started shooting around this time in 2014, mind you.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 10:43

Death Roe wrote:This movie will be better than TFA. Guaranteed.

I think it's an interesting move, because this delay puts it up directly against Avatar 2.

Rian Johnson (director and writer) had to re-work some of the script and push back shooting to February. So maybe this was just a precautionary move to make the movie as good as it can be, which I'm fine with. TFA started shooting around this time in 2014, mind you.

Luke better be a fucking jedi knight and not just a teacher.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 10:44

Star Wars fans are battered wives.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 10:44

I don't want to see no god damned montage of flips and lifting heavy things with the force and drinking protien shakes and shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 10:45

But how can they lift heavy things if they don't drink their protein shakes?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-21, 10:46

Rocinante wrote:
Death Roe wrote:This movie will be better than TFA. Guaranteed.

The movie is being re-worked to include more of Poe (Oscar Issac) from what I've heard. He was originally going to die at the beginning of TFA, but JJ and gang loved him. I think he's our new Han Solo-ish character.

Kylo Ren better be back and be stronger than ever. I think it's safe to say Luke is definitely the last and most powerful Jedi Knight in history.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 10:46

Hopefully they'll get better actors this time around.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-21, 10:47

I haven't seen it yet. Not sure if I will. Probably not.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-01-21, 10:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I haven't seen it yet. Not sure if I will. Probably not.

No one cares, to be honest.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-21, 10:48

Death Roe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I haven't seen it yet. Not sure if I will. Probably not.

No one cares, to be honest.
exactly.. that's why I haven't seen it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 10:53

xsanguine wrote:But how can they lift heavy things if they don't drink their protein shakes?

Do you see any protein shakes?

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 10:54

Death Roe wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

The movie is being re-worked to include more of Poe (Oscar Issac) from what I've heard. He was originally going to die at the beginning of TFA, but JJ and gang loved him. I think he's our new Han Solo-ish character.

Kylo Ren better be back and be stronger than ever. I think it's safe to say Luke is definitely the last and most powerful Jedi Knight in history.

Good. He was great. Finn was a douchebag and a terribly developed character.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 10:57

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:But how can they lift heavy things if they don't drink their protein shakes?

Do you see any protein shakes?

That's a good point.

Watched First Blood for the 7th time this week last night on AMC. The jail scene where they give him the fire hose... If that doesn't inspire you to work on your pull up game I don't know what will (much homo intended).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 10:57

Rocinante wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Good. He was great. Finn was a douchebag and a terribly developed character.

Which one was Finn?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 11:00

The black guy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 11:01

Possibly related to billy dee williams in future episodes.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-21, 11:05

Only half decent characters were Rey and Chewbacca
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-21, 11:08

Hahahah.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with how they developed that character... Actually he wasn't developed at all.

Because a child who is conditioned from a young age in that sort of environment is going to have such a moral dilemma and be able to discern right and wrong. I thought his acting skills were a bit lacking but as people have pointed out Mark Hammil isn't exactly Oscar material outside of fight scenes.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-21, 11:30

xsanguine wrote:Hahahah.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with how they developed that character... Actually he wasn't developed at all.

Because a child who is conditioned from a young age in that sort of environment is going to have such a moral dilemma and be able to discern right and wrong. I thought his acting skills were a bit lacking but as people have pointed out Mark Hammil isn't exactly Oscar material outside of fight scenes.

He's gotten a lot better. His voice acting in the batman games has been phenomenal. Seriously. Some scary stuff.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down