Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids?

Go down

Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids? Empty Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids?

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Discuss.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids? Empty Re: Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids?

Post by Turtleneck on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Have not spent much time there. What's it like? Is it paradise? I really really want to know. Tell me all about it, Greenway!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids? Empty Re: Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:15 pm

I've been to Flint like four times ever. Fuck if I know.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Have not spent much time there. What's it like? Is it paradise? I really really want to know. Tell me all about it, Greenway!

Never been, but I've known a lot of people from GB. They love their hometown and seem to take an unusually great amount of pride, but they all seem to hold onto Flint as if it's the Motherland. And, I'm not talking about just lately, this is something I noticed as an undergrad, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've been to Flint like four times ever. Fuck if I know.

Quality post, and you are now entered in the drawing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:24 pm

I got lost in Flint at night in a Corvette when I was 16. I started running red lights hoping to get pulled over.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:25 pm

I've been to Ortonville one summer when I was reffing in that Red Hacker tournament. I didn't get stabbed or nothing.

Red Hacker was a knockoff of Gus Macker back when those tournaments were big.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

InTenSity wrote:I got lost in Flint at night in a Corvette when I was 16. I started running red lights hoping to get pulled over.

I used to get dragged up there when my ex-BIL went to GMI. Not a fan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've been to Ortonville one summer when I was reffing in that Red Hacker tournament. I didn't get stabbed or nothing.

That's a fun name: Ortonville. Orton ears a oo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:44 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Discuss.

Yes. But don't say this when alone in a group of GBer's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Born and raised in Flint, and Grand Blancers are pieces of shit. See Barnes, Trevor. (just kidding, Trevor has my eternal respect for all he did until he sold out, which I can't blame him for).

It's kind of where people from Flint move to in order to feel uppity. The ones that grew up in Grand Blanc (as well as those that move there) have a certain arrogance like they're so above people from Flint. But then at times, especially to people from elsewhere in the state, they try to claim "Flint", as if living near Flint and occasionally driving on 475 with their doors locked gives them some sort of toughness.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:50 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Yes. But don't say this when alone in a group of GBer's.

Are Grand Blanc'ers really just glorified Flintoids? 502811600 I lived with a bunch of them off-campus. I know better.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:53 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Born and raised in Flint, and Grand Blancers are pieces of shit. See Barnes, Trevor. (just kidding, Trevor has my eternal respect for all he did until he sold out, which I can't blame him for).

It's kind of where people from Flint move to in order to feel uppity. The ones that grew up in Grand Blanc (as well as those that move there) have a certain arrogance like they're so above people from Flint. But then at times, especially to people from elsewhere in the state, they try to claim "Flint", as if living near Flint and occasionally driving on 475 with their doors locked gives them some sort of toughness.

Thanks. This goes right to the heart of what I was wondering.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:05 pm

Born and raised in Grand Blanc.

Fantastic town up to about 1990. Went to shit after that. Moved out around 2000. Definately have a higher opinion of themselves with no merit.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:15 pm

I always get it mixed up with Grand Ledge. I have never been to Grand Ledge. Is either one grand?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:23 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Born and raised in Grand Blanc.

Fantastic town up to about 1990. Went to shit after that. Moved out around 2000. Definately have a higher opinion of themselves with no merit.

Trevor, is that you?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I always get it mixed up with Grand Ledge. I have never been to Grand Ledge. Is either one grand?

Grand Ledge has more of a Good Ledge vibe.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've been to Ortonville one summer when I was reffing in that Red Hacker tournament. I didn't get stabbed or nothing.

Hey f you man, we didn't stab visitors when I was growing up there. Their tires maybe, but never the body. Of course, the rules might have changed since the 70s.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Hey f you man, we didn't stab visitors when I was growing up there. Their tires maybe, but never the body. Of course, the rules might have changed since the 70s.

What do Ortonville residents call themselves? Ortonvillagers? Ortonvillage People? Floyds?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Floyd sounds reprehensible
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:04 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

What do Ortonville residents call themselves? Ortonvillagers? Ortonvillage People?  Floyds?
I have no snappy comeback.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Floyd sounds reprehensible

Prolly a sex felon. Registered online n' everything.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What do Ortonville residents call themselves? Ortonvillagers? Ortonvillage People?  Floyds?

It's late, you're old. I understand.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:34 pm

Flintoid sounds like some mutant alien robot something or other character. If I was from there, I'd prefer to be called a Flintite.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's late, you're old. I understand.  
Sundowners.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 am

Fuck you. You are no better.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:54 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I did say I didn't get stabbed. So, that a bonus for Ortonville.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum