Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Joe Rogan Thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Joe Rogan Thread

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-28, 16:24

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Rogan has been saying some stupid shit lately, but it's all about masks and lockdown. You accused him of promoting white supremacy, and that seems to be a baseless claim to me.

He's had on so many alt right trolls and transphobic assholes.

Transphobia has nothing to do with white supremacy. Alt Right trolls, maybe, but I don't recall him ever agreeing with them vis a vis white supremacy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-28, 20:31

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-29, 07:30

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

He's had on so many alt right trolls and transphobic assholes.

Transphobia has nothing to do with white supremacy. Alt Right trolls, maybe, but I don't recall him ever agreeing with them vis a vis white supremacy.

I've seen him claim the proudboys aren't really a hate group that Gavin McCines is a funny dude, that Trump is a hilarious dude, and when he endorsed Bernie there was a reel of Rogan using the N word multiple times that went around the internet. Maybe he just finds racism really funny which is weird.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-29, 09:49

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I've seen him claim the proudboys aren't really a hate group that Gavin McCines is a funny dude, that Trump is a hilarious dude, and when he endorsed Bernie there was a reel of Rogan using the N word multiple times that went around the internet. Maybe he just finds racism really funny which is weird.

If you've got some video clips to support your position, feel free to share them. Rogan's content is not hard to find.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-29, 13:07

Cameron here’s one.

https://youtu.be/9Rk_7jkj2bE
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-06-29, 13:25

I don't have nearly as many issues about Rogan as some people on here. Yes, his mask hot takes are fucking stupid but I enjoy the conversations he has with interesting guests like Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I simply refuse to listen to episodes with dumbfucks like Ted Nugent.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-29, 14:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I don't have nearly as many issues about Rogan as some people on here. Yes, his mask hot takes are fucking stupid but I enjoy the conversations he has with interesting guests like Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I simply refuse to listen to episodes with dumbfucks like Ted Nugent.

Agreed. A good chunk of his shows are aimed at deplorables though. It's his right to make those shows and it's my right to not listen and offer up my opinion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-06-29, 14:38

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I don't have nearly as many issues about Rogan as some people on here. Yes, his mask hot takes are fucking stupid but I enjoy the conversations he has with interesting guests like Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I simply refuse to listen to episodes with dumbfucks like Ted Nugent.

Agreed. A good chunk of his shows are aimed at deplorables though. It's his right to make those shows and it's my right to not listen and offer up my opinion.

The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 96e6295
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-29, 14:52

steveschneider wrote:Cameron here’s one.

Dude, c’mon. A collage of one word clips where he uses the N word. It’s clearly in discussions about the word. You really think he’s gonna be one of the faces of UFC, a sport with many African Americans, and just be dude the drops N bombs and still hold a job in that arena and have credibility in the sport?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-29, 17:55

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Cameron here’s one.

Dude, c’mon. A collage of one word clips where he uses the N word. It’s clearly in discussions about the word. You really think he’s gonna be one of the faces of UFC, a sport with many African Americans, and just be dude the drops N bombs and still hold a job in that arena and have credibility in the sport?

Very much this. I'd also like to point out that the video is titled "Joe Rogan N-Word compilation 2020," despite the fact that many of the clips were very obviously from years ago. Whoever put that video together clearly has an agenda to make Rogan look bad, and has no qualms about being intentionally misleading in order to do so.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-29, 18:50

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-29, 18:51

I knew there would be deflection no matter what link I posted. Cameron didn't disappoint.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-29, 19:10

That one is pretty bad. Obviously a joke, but a racist one. Still, it's a less than 30 second clip, and a lame, racist joke is not the same as promoting white suprrmacy.

Here is the whole audio. Starts around 10 minutes in. You'll note that immediately after the point where the clip steve shared cut off, Joe called himself out for being racist.

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-29, 20:18

Cameron wrote:

That one is pretty bad. Obviously a joke, but a racist one. Still, it's a less than 30 second clip, and a lame, racist joke is not the same as promoting white suprrmacy.

Here is the whole audio. Starts around 10 minutes in. You'll note that immediately after the point where the clip steve shared cut off, Joe called himself out for being racist.

Maybe not the best moment for Rogan. Don’t forget, he’s a comedian. Making a racist joke about an experience with black people. I mean it literally happens all the time. jelinick does it often. I can tell you one thing. Patrice O’Neal wouldn’t give two shits about that joke. He encouraged shit like that. That dude was real man. Real as it gets.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-06-29, 21:31

Uh, there is a DF on every episode...Joe Rogan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 06:32

YouTube just banned a bunch of white supremacists how many have been guests on the Rogan show?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-06-30, 09:13

Here's an excellent example of a guest I do listen to.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 10:22

steveschneider wrote:YouTube just banned a bunch of white supremacists how many have been guests on the Rogan show?

I don't know, steve, give us a list to cross reference.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 11:44

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:YouTube just banned a bunch of white supremacists how many have been guests on the Rogan show?

I don't know, steve, give us a list to cross reference.
From what I can tell, Rogan has interviewed one of the banned youtubers, Stefan Molyneux, on multiple occasions.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 12:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Agreed, first one in a while I've been tempted to click on but Stewart has been doing the rounds on media last week or so so I have options to listen to a different interviewer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-06-30, 12:55

Accidentally clicked on this board The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 1550444538 and subsequently this thread. Not at all surprised that Steve is influenced by the Twitter outrage culture. It is also no surprise to see clips taken out of context shortly after his announcement to Spotify. Below are couple of JRE episodes that are a bit dated, but the same shit is still going on with people simply wanting to cause chaos, influencers, cancel culture, mainstream media hyping everything (on both sides) and people are lapping it up daily. Blue checkmarks and all.

I respect Rogan for his ability to cover a wide range of topics and guests from all sides. I don't listen to hear Joe's opinion. I listen for the guests, like John Stewart, Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Jock Willnick, Neal DeGrasse Tyson, David Sinclair, Graham Hancock, Dr. Cornell West, Sam Harris, Lawrence Lessig, Pavel Tastsouline, Chris Cresser, etc.

I respect his ability to have a conversation with people he may or may not agree with and try to understand their opinion or circumstance. He is open to learning. Doesn't mean you have to agree at the end of the conversation. We need more openness and dialog in this country, not less. It is something that I personally take away from listening to his show and try to do better in my own life. We need less binary thinking right now, not more. I don't care if dislike him or don't listen. But calling him a "white supremacists" and painting his audience as "deplorable" because he has on some guests you don't agree with politically is the root of what is wrong with this country right now and couldn't be further from the truth.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 13:03

The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 3493939353 Nordic!

Matt Taibbi can make the most boring shit interesting, love that guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 13:03

Just curious how does the LGBTQ community view Rogan?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-06-30, 13:04

Steve is a reactionary weirdo, but that doesn’t mean Rogan isn’t a douchebag. He is. I agree with turtleneck (god help me). His understanding of any issue goes as far as he was willing to read into the Wikipedia article on the subject.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 13:07

Rocinante wrote:Steve is a reactionary weirdo, but that doesn’t mean Rogan isn’t a douchebag.  He is.  I agree with turtleneck (god help me). His understanding of any issue goes as far as he was willing to read into the Wikipedia article on the subject.  
Douchebag =/= promoter of white supremacy, which is what steve said.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 13:08

steveschneider wrote:Just curious how does the LGBTQ community view Rogan?

You'd have to ask them, steve. I'm sure they're on twitter.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-06-30, 13:08

Like I said. Steve is like your mother in law who’s heart is in the right place but who goes way overboard with the hyperbole about conservatives. And yeah, great, Rogan interviewed Jon Stewart. It never stops him from piping in with moronic takes on whatever subject.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 13:10

Rocinante wrote:Like I said.  Steve is like your mother in law who’s heart is in the right place but who goes way overboard with the hyperbole about conservatives.  And yeah, great, Rogan interviewed Jon Stewart.  It never stops him from piping in with moronic takes on whatever subject.  
Rogan is not a conservative.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 13:14

Hey hey hey! We all agree! The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 969504605 The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 969504605 The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 969504605

Matt Taibbi is awesome and I loved that podcast with Rogan and Taibbi.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-06-30, 13:19

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just curious how does the LGBTQ community view Rogan?

You'd have to ask them, steve. I'm sure they're on twitter.

The Joe Rogan Thread - Page 3 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 13:32

Rocinante wrote:Like I said.  Steve is like your mother in law who’s heart is in the right place but who goes way overboard with the hyperbole about conservatives.  And yeah, great, Rogan interviewed Jon Stewart.  It never stops him from piping in with moronic takes on whatever subject.  

Hmm your comparison seems off to me. I was more or less upset by all the white supremacy, the homophobia and the bragging about rape on that show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 13:36

"upset by all the white supremacy" What white supremacy?

"was getting at the homophobia" What homophobia?

"bragging about rape" This one is fair. Joey Diaz is hilarious, but it's pretty well documented that he is a criminal and a bad guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 13:56

Cameron wrote:"upset by all the white supremacy" What white supremacy?

"bragging about rape" This one is fair. Joey Diaz is hilarious, but it's pretty well documented that he is a criminal and a bad guy.

You just acknowledged a few posts ago he had A white supremacist on that was banned by YouTube. There’s too many to count but he’s had on that racist proud boy McCines, Transphobic Milo, Ben Shapiro homophobe and Islamophobic and on and on.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 14:08

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:"upset by all the white supremacy" What white supremacy?

You just acknowledged a few posts ago he had A white supremacist on that was banned by YouTube. There’s too many to count but he’s had on that racist proud boy McCines, Transphobic Milo, Ben Shapiro homophobe and Islamophobic and on and on.

See, the issue is that you are imputing to Rogan the views of his most controversial guests. Discussing a topic is not the same as promoting it. You have yet to demonstrate any white supremacism or homophobia on Rogan's part.

Rogan disagreeing with Ben Shapiro about gay marriage evidently upsets you. When Ben Shapiro shows up on cable news to be the counterpoint on the same topic, does that also upset you? Do you also accuse the cable news pundits who disagree with Shapiro about gay marriage of promoting homophobia?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-30, 14:12

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

See, the issue is that you are imputing to Rogan the views of his most controversial guests. Discussing a topic is not the same as promoting it. You have yet to demonstrate any white supremacism or homophobia on Rogan's part.

Rogan disagreeing with Ben Shapiro about gay marriage evidently upsets you. When Ben Shapiro shows up on cable news to be the counterpoint on the same topic, does that also upset you? Do you also accuse the cable news pundits who disagree with Shapiro about gay marriage of promoting homophobia?

I never see Shapiro on TV, I only hear about him on *gasp* twitter. I think he's a moron so I rarely listen to him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-30, 14:16

Cool. I'm not at all surprised that you only hear about him on twitter, I'd be more surprised if that weren't the case.

Let's try a thought experiment. We'll stick with Shapiro for convenience. If Ben Shapiro has someone on his show and they disagree about gay marriage, is Ben Shapiro then promoting non-homophobia?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-06-30, 14:22

steveschneider wrote:

Hmm your comparison seems off to me. I was more or less upset by all the white supremacy, the homophobia and the bragging about rape on that show.

Let me help you Steve.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-06-30, 14:31

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well I don’t know about all of that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-06-30, 14:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Just finished this one on my drive and I ironically picked up right on the Twitter outrage culture part right after my post. 41:30-47:00 mark is dead on.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-06-30, 14:54

Rocinante wrote:Steve is a reactionary weirdo, but that doesn’t mean Rogan isn’t a douchebag.  He is.  I agree with turtleneck (god help me). His understanding of any issue goes as far as he was willing to read into the Wikipedia article on the subject.  

Is that any different than anyone on this board? He routinely acknowledges that he is just an average joe.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum