Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jemele Gets a New Job

+19
InTenSity
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
TheReal_LWS
Wally Fairway
duffy munn
DWags
Jethro Bodeen
P Rob
SomeFanName
Death Roe
Blanch32
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
aualum06
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bolt Re: Jemele Gets a New Job

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-13, 20:58

If they do not fire her, Curt Schilling is going to be pissed (and continue to blame everybody else for his problems in life).
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-14, 08:04

I love how knuckle-draggers elect a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women president..

and then they whine and cry when some woman on a sports network shares her opinion on him.

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600 Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600 Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600 Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-14, 08:12

I love when people are forced to issue apologies for things they don't really feel sorry for.

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 Jemell10
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-14, 08:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I love how knuckle-draggers elect a racist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women president..

and then they whine and cry when some woman on a sports network shares her opinion on him.

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600  Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600  Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600  Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600

I hear there are some very fine people who are in the KKK and the neo Nazi's.   At least that's what Trump says
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-14, 08:16

Any tv star that calls the president a racist should be not only fired but their career should be ruined. They must be shunned from public life and be forced to retire to whatever pathetic life they have outside of the public. They MUST respect the office no matter how much they disagree with the president. It's outrageous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-14, 08:17

Oh. Oh wait. Let me rework that last post. Sorry.

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 Img_2912
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-14, 08:27

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-14, 08:28

the moral of the story is that anyone who supports/voted for the sexual predator loses all credibility when they attempt to sit in moral judgment of someone else.

of course they'll try.. because that's what religious nuts do - and then I can point and laugh at them because of it.

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-14, 14:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:I love when people are forced to issue apologies for things they don't really feel sorry for.

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 Jemell10

I actually like how it's worded. She doesn't apologize for what she tweeted; she simply regrets that it got ESPN into trouble. Go Jemele!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-14, 14:26

I guess free speech only applies to right wing knuckle-draggin' white folks?

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 CusBWVpVMAADOqy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-14, 15:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I guess free speech only applies to right wing knuckle-draggin' white folks?

I think tTy has that shirt.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-14, 15:33

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I guess free speech only applies to right wing knuckle-draggin' white folks?

I think tTy has that shirt.
I DEMAND THAT YOU APOLOGIZE FOR THAT!!!!!!

Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-15, 09:08

Trump attacks ESPN after anchor calls him a white supremacist
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-15, 09:35

NigelUno wrote:Trump attacks ESPN after anchor calls him a white supremacist
poor little snowflake.. mean people sharing their opinions.. Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-15, 11:27

Do I just spell it out? Calling someone in the whitehouse something they may or may not be is now grounds for firing? Like calling a president a secret race of some type?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-09-15, 11:38

ESPN is losing viewers (and listeners on the radio). Has been for a long time. If you don't think the increased gender and racial diversity of the network is a major contributing factor to that loss of viewership, you underestimate the bigotry of the average sports fan.

Let's just get it out in the open. We are a fucking racist, sexist, misogynistic society.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-15, 11:40

Rocinante wrote:ESPN is losing viewers (and listeners on the radio). Has been for a long time. If you don't think the increased gender and racial diversity of the network is a major contributing factor to that loss of viewership, you underestimate the bigotry of the average sports fan.

Let's just get it out in the open. We are a fucking racist, sexist, misogynistic society.
It has more to do with cord cutting than anything else.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-15, 11:41

Rocinante wrote:ESPN is losing viewers (and listeners on the radio). Has been for a long time. If you don't think the increased gender and racial diversity of the network is a major contributing factor to that loss of viewership, you underestimate the bigotry of the average sports fan.

hmm.. I never noticed... and certainly haven't been saying that here for years.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-09-15, 11:42

InTenSity wrote:

Okay.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-15, 12:01

Rocinante wrote:ESPN is losing viewers (and listeners on the radio).  Has been for a long time.  If you don't think the increased gender and racial diversity of the network is a major contributing factor to that loss of viewership, you underestimate the bigotry of the average sports fan.  

Let's just get it out in the open.  We are a fucking racist, sexist, misogynistic society.
That some part of it but I question how large. There's certainly more to it. For instance- I'm not those things and I don't watch espn either. Personally I just don't really care to watch people giving in depth analysis of teams I don't care about. Highlights of those teams- sure. People chit chatting about those teams- no.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-09-15, 12:16

Rocinante wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Okay.
A lot of people also didn't like the East coast bias, and slurping of certain teams. Increase competition from regional networks, like BTN. The constant SEC slurping as well and the whole left coast getting little coverage, except the CA teams. Then there are the cord cutters, that aren't just hurting ESPN, but they are hurting ESPN the most, because their model was subscriptions continuing to increase, not decrease and not decrease at the rate they are.
Anyone who has more than just a very basic cable is paying for ESPN, whether they watch it or not. That is what they rely on, then Disney bundles everything, so they are what $15 of the cable bill? The decrease revenue from ads, probably hurts, but not as much as the cord cutters.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-09, 15:46

Apparently ESPN has suspended Jemele due to an alleged violation of their social media policy.

In a related story, an entertainment network has higher social media standards for a TV personality than the United States has for their racist, sexist, bigoted, misogynistic sexual predator president [lolz]

Oh - and good for Jemele. Don't let the fragile snowflakes get you down.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-09, 15:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Apparently ESPN has suspended Jemele due to an alleged violation of their social media policy.

In a related story, an entertainment network has higher social media standards for a TV personality than the United States has for their racist, sexist, bigoted, misogynistic sexual predator president [lolz]

Apparently she tweeted something about boycotting Cowboys' advertisers...which also most likely buy advertising on ESPN.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-09, 15:54

You guys beat me, but here's a little more detail.

ESPN suspends Jemele Hill for violation of social media guidelines
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-09, 16:16

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Apparently ESPN has suspended Jemele due to an alleged violation of their social media policy.

Apparently she tweeted something about boycotting Cowboys' advertisers...which also most likely buy advertising on ESPN.
that's cool - good for her.

And ESPN can do whatever they like. Just refreshing to see people speak out for what they believe in, consequences be damned.

I suspect the racist sexual predator will have more to say about her, appealing to his knuckle-dragging base, thereby making her words all the more appropriate.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-09, 22:27

Ms Hill got time off for talking about Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones.

Hill is an ESPN employee and they are all on individual contracts that include conduct clauses. ESPN is paying the NFL $15.1B through 2021 and Jerry Jones is considered to be a major influencer among owners.

Bill Simmons bit the NFL hand a few too many times and ESPN ran him off.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-10, 05:42

GRR Spartan wrote:Ms Hill got time off for talking about Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones.

Hill is an ESPN employee and they are all on individual contracts that include conduct clauses. ESPN is paying the NFL $15.1B through 2021 and Jerry Jones is considered to be a major influencer among owners.

Bill Simmons bit the NFL hand a few too many times and ESPN ran him off.
I simply admire her for standing up to the racist machine.. and being willing to suffer professionally because of it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-10, 07:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I suspect the racist sexual predator will have more to say about her, appealing to his knuckle-dragging base, thereby making her words all the more appropriate.

and there it is, as predicted - the dog whistle to his racist, misogynistic base..

the racist sexual predator attacks a smart, independent black woman because ESPN is the biggest problem America faces.. Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 35m35 minutes ago

With Jemele Hill at the mike, it is no wonder ESPN ratings have "tanked," in fact, tanked so badly it is the talk of the industry!

poor little snowflake - did that mean black woman hurt your feelings. Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 1966794946

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-10, 09:42

Example #51235 of why Trump is a petulant man-child. Focus on your actual job you are failing miserably at.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-10-10, 10:01

California, our largest state and major source of Federal revenue is burning, 80% of Puerto Rico is still off the grid, FEMA funding is running on fumes but the fool in The White House has time to tweet about a sports network personality.

We are fucked.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-10, 10:24

GRR Spartan wrote:California, our largest state and major source of Federal revenue is burning, 80% of Puerto Rico is still off the grid, FEMA funding is running on fumes but the fool in The White House has time to tweet about a sports network personality.

We are fucked.

Fall of an empire.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-10, 10:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and there it is, as predicted - the dog whistle to his racist, misogynistic base..

the racist sexual predator attacks a smart, independent black woman because ESPN is the biggest problem America faces.. Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 502811600

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 35m35 minutes ago

With Jemele Hill at the mike, it is no wonder ESPN ratings have "tanked," in fact, tanked so badly it is the talk of the industry!

poor little snowflake - did that mean black woman hurt your feelings. Jemele Gets a New Job - Page 2 1966794946

I hope this inspires Oprah to run. She would mop the floor with him in 2020.

Also, I don’t know what is happening this November in Michigan but make sure you guys are voting. Stay on top of that shit. If we drive up our numbers we can really turn this shit around in 4 years.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-10, 10:57

Comparison to Schilling is stupid. Calling out a racist and BEING a racist are not the same thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-10-10, 11:02

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I hope this inspires Oprah to run. She would mop the floor with him in 2020.

Also, I don’t know what is happening this November in Michigan but make sure you guys are voting. Stay on top of that shit. If we drive up our numbers we can really turn this shit around in 4 years.
yep - I vote every election.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-10, 11:03

Rocinante wrote:Comparison to Schilling is stupid. Calling out a racist and BEING a racist are not the same thing.

Take a look around twitter and all sorts of commenters calling her a racist.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-10-10, 11:17

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Comparison to Schilling is stupid. Calling out a racist and BEING a racist are not the same thing.

Which is just dumb. Jemele may be a lot of things (a terrible take artist, bad on the radio, not all that smart) but she's not a racist.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-10, 14:58

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Which is just dumb. Jemele may be a lot of things (a terrible take artist, bad on the radio, not all that smart) but she's not a racist.

I can’t tell if these morons are actual people, Russian trolls or twitter bots.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2