Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Post by MattyFresh on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 502811600

Matty's experience is exactly what I fear in cutting the cord.

Honestly I am in a really good spot courtesy of a friend of mine who has DirectTV's everything movie package of channels. I have his login so through the apps on my apple tv, on my computers, tablets I have all the good channels and in exchange I drop my personal coin and supply him with sports packages I buy seasonally like BTN+, MLBtv, NHL Center Ice and NBAtv. Unless you only really watch like a few sports channels and news channels and local tv, cutting the cord isn't exactly worth it in my opinion unless you can get set up like my buddy and I. When this little run I am on right now ends I'll probably still keep my cable cut at least 5 months of the year (off season).
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread

Post by Nordic on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:22 am

MattyFresh wrote:TLDR

I can't stand comcast bunch of ass nuggets. In October of last year I was pissed that they were going to be imposing there data cap on my internet usage. Just a few months before that I made the move of cutting the cable cord and was enjoying saving about a hundo a month and now they were telling me basically I can't stream shit otherwise they will start charging me like $25 for each additional 100gb or some shit (I can't remember the exact number). Anyway they say that they are giving you a few months to adjust and you won't be liable for overages if you do go over for a couple months. Two months passes and I use up the data cap for each and seeing that my usage was as high as I expected I call and they ask what can they do, they say they are offering for an additional $50 a month an unlimited data option and seeing I have no other option really I sign up right there. They tell me that it would reflect on my bill and I say cool, I use automatic payment to save a few bucks and will just expect that to be a little extra duh. Fast forward to March 11th, I see my bank account has had $450+ withdrawn by Comcast and I am pissed to see my bill now has me being charged for additional data usage, I have the fuggin unlimited option! I call and bitch and bitch to a couple people and I am put on hold for hours on end. Eventually I get a person who says that they will now add the unlimited option and that my account didn't have that option ever added. They also say that they will credit my account the 450 and she says I won't get charged for a few months because obviously the credit from the charge will pay my bill. April 11th I see a comcast fuggin charge for 320 gotdamn dollars and I call and the first lady says that it was never added last month and that they wouldn't be able to credit the 450 or the 320??!?!?!?!?! I say to her so I am telling you I called in December and was told the unlimited package but you're saying since your employee didn't enter it into your system that I am liable for your fuck up and I am out about 800 bucks, she says "yes thats correct" I about had an aneurysm yesterday talking to this wench and she tells me I needed to calm down or she will hang up!!!! I say give me to your supervisor now, I talk to this women who brings me down back from level 8 anger to about a 3 and she says she can go back and listen to my conversations from December, so I am on hold for about an hour total as shes listening, she gets back on and is apologizing and everything and says that the 800 will be credited and she will make the adjustments in real time so I can see it on my bill and also says she will be sending me an email with a $50 visa gift code for all the inconveniences I have gone through the past few months. Got my bill credited, and I am looking to buy something on Amazon for about 50 bucks. Still fuk u comcast

CheesySpartan wrote:Wow that sucks. On the bright side we have that thread about things on Amazon for under $50.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 502811600 we've come full circle Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 1550444538
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I miss these days.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 DetroitMI72-09-30a-1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Big Time Wrestling >>>>>> Any other wrestling.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Sat May 13, 2017 4:33 pm

I dont wear cologne all that often, but damn I hate that they put spray tops on men's bottles. It's virtually impossible to spray just a little bit. Don't makers know men put cologne on in a different way than women? I'm so mad!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Mon May 15, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm a friend to the birds. All are welcome at my feeders. LAtely, though, a couple of starlings have been eating far more than their fair share. I'm considering filing a grievance with the Audubon Society.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 15, 2017 7:55 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I'm a friend to the birds. All are welcome at my feeders. LAtely, though, a couple of starlings have been eating far more than their fair share. I'm considering filing a grievance with the Audubon Society.

Get out the Red Ryder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Mon May 15, 2017 9:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I'm a friend to the birds. All are welcome at my feeders. LAtely, though, a couple of starlings have been eating far more than their fair share. I'm considering filing a grievance with the Audubon Society.

My neighbor has some bird feeders set up in his front yard, but I think squirrels end up eating 90% of the seed. I see those little guys on that feeder almost every time I look.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Mon May 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Can't use the Red Ryder, Goose, due to the location of the feeder and the proximity to my backyard neighbors, who have two young, active kids.

And Cameron, your neighbor really ought to get squirrel baffles. They work great. I also bought a couple of feeders that are squirrel proof. They're more expensive but worth it in the long run.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Stopped by Walgreens to pick up a couple things today. Got the stuff and started toward the front checkout. Aisle I was walking happened to have kitchen stuff like paper plates, cups, ziploc bags, etc. Remembered I ran out of heavy duty aluminum foil during last Monday's turkey smoke odyssey so slowed down to look for a small roll to get me by. They didn't have even regular Reynolds wrap but did have something branded Powerhouse Premium Heavy Duty foil in a 12" roll.

Just opened the box. This stuff is a joke. Maybe half the thickness of regular Reynolds and not remotely close to heavy duty. Foil Christmas wrapping paper is thicker and much stronger than this shit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Today's meaningless fight is with the trash company.

The company I previously used was bought about by another company. They started three weeks ago. First week they missed the recyclables. I gave them a pass, first week, whatever. 4pm on the second week and recyclables are still out. So I call and see if they were going to pick them up. Actually I was calling to cancel, fuck them and my neighbors all use a different company at a much lower rate. But I've been too lazy to call.

I get a sweetheart customer service rep on the phone, it's Friday, I'm in a good mood. She's awesome. I couldn't quit her, she was too nice. She says she is going to send a supervisor out to come get my empty water & lube bottles. I leave the shit out till sometime Saturday... no pickup.

Put the shit out last Friday. Surely they will get them this time. Nope. I finally get around to calling today. I tell the lady I want to cancel my account. She never asks why. She says it will take a few minutes to compute my prorated bill. I tell her that you never came to get my recyclables, so I'm only willing to pay for prorated trash. She asks if I called. I said I called a couple times. She gets snippy and responds with "I see you only called once." Only? I gotta call you every fucking week to pick up my shit? She says she can only credit one week of recyclables. She is taking a sassy tone too. I tell her I'm only willing to pay for 3 weeks of trash pickup, no recyclable. Till this point I was firm, but not being a dick. Now I'm hot. We go at it. Blah blah blah. I ask to speak with her manager..

I've now been on hold for 20 mins and I'm committed now. It's a pure test of wills.I'm not hanging up.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Update. I did some quick math. Total bill is $106.57 for 13 weeks of pickup. That's $24.59 prorated out for 3 weeks. Since they did half the job, I'm willing to pay $12.30.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:47 pm

You do not want to feel the wrath of the Nord.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:59 pm

And she is back...

She says she spoke to her manager and they are willing prorate the bill and knock off $4 & change bringing my bill $19 & change.

I tell her again, I'm only paying for the trash, which comes out to prorated amount of $12.30. I'll give you a credit card now. I also tell her, we are getting no where. Just put your manager on the line, not sure why he/she won't speak to me directly on this.

She comes back again: "Ok, so my manager said OK, you said $12.15?

Me: "No, it's $12.30...it's 30 cents".  Payment sent, account closed.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Nordic wrote:Today's meaningless fight is with the trash company.

The company I previously used was bought about by another company. They started three weeks ago. First week they missed the recyclables. I gave them a pass, first week, whatever. 4pm on the second week and recyclables are still out. So I call and see if they were going to pick them up. Actually I was calling to cancel, fuck them and my neighbors all use a different company at a much lower rate. But I've been too lazy to call.

I get a sweetheart customer service rep on the phone, it's Friday, I'm in a good mood. She's awesome. I couldn't quit her, she was too nice. She says she is going to send a supervisor out to come get my empty water & lube bottles. I leave the shit out till sometime Saturday... no pickup.

Put the shit out last Friday. Surely they will get them this time. Nope. I finally get around to calling today. I tell the lady I want to cancel my account. She never asks why. She says it will take a few minutes to compute my prorated bill. I tell her that you never came to get my recyclables, so I'm only willing to pay for prorated trash. She asks if I called. I said I called a couple times. She gets snippy and responds with "I see you only called once." Only? I gotta call you every fucking week to pick up my shit? She says she can only credit one week of recyclables. She is taking a sassy tone too. I tell her I'm only willing to pay for 3 weeks of trash pickup, no recyclable. Till this point I was firm, but not being a dick. Now I'm hot. We go at it. Blah blah blah. I ask to speak with her manager..

I've now been on hold for 20 mins and I'm committed now. It's a pure test of wills.I'm not hanging up.

I had a similar experience with my phone company years back. Shit got heated. I asked for a manager. They put me on hold. I was on hold for 15-20 minutes and then they hung up on me. I was ready to murder a bitch.

Good luck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Nordic wrote:And she is back...

She says she spoke to her manager and they are willing prorate the bill and knock off $4 & change bringing my bill $19 & change.

I tell her again, I'm only paying for the trash, which comes out to prorated amount of $12.30. I'll give you a credit card now. I also tell her, we are getting no where. Just put your manager on the line, not sure why he/she won't speak to me directly on this.

She comes back again: "Ok, so my manager said OK, you said $12.15?

Me: "No, it's $12.30...it's 30 cents".  Payment sent, account closed.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 3493939353
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Nordic wrote:Update. I did some quick math. Total bill is $106.57 for 13 weeks of pickup. That's $24.59 prorated out for 3 weeks. Since they did half the job, I'm willing to pay $12.30.

Stay strong, brother, and stick it to them!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 pm

It's a garbage pickup company, bro, the quality of the job is right in the description.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 pm

I think the spring-loaded device associated with the carafe of our coffeemaker is on its last legs. It's the part that interacts with the basket that houses the filter which is the area of the coffeemaker that oversees the magic.

I don't think the spring is as engaged as it originally was, as the water flowing gets backed up in the filter which leads to coffee grounds being transported into the carafe itself.

Hence, the mouthful of coffee grounds I have been experiencing lately.. which leads me into the kitchen to angrily spit them into the sink. Not what anyone in the family wants or needs to witness or hear at 5:15 am.

so looks like I might be in the market for a new coffee maker.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You do not want to feel the wrath of the Nord.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You do not want to feel the wrath of the Nord.

I didn't have to kill Carter. So that was good.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Not meaningless.

Noticed some texts from my bank this afternoon. Some asshole attempted 6 charges to my debit card today. All of them at 3 gas stations in Allen Park, Lincoln Park, and Dearborn.

Fuckers convicted of shit like this should be ordered to have their junk amputated.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:25 pm

The Pantry wrote:Not meaningless.

Noticed some texts from my bank this afternoon.  Some asshole attempted 6 charges to my debit card today.  All of them at 3 gas stations in Allen Park, Lincoln Park, and Dearborn.

Fuckers convicted of shit like this should be ordered to have their junk amputated.

Or picking up city freeway trash against the median wall during morning rush hour in the dark. That would scare them straight.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

I just got a call from the super's super and customer service rep from yesterday. The reviewed my call and were doing so coaching. Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 502811600

They also made a pretty weak sales attempt.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 1896033241

Time to restain the deck. I get all the shit from Ace hardware yesterday. I get a new pump tank sprayer to spray the deck cleaner. I'm Dutch and always looking for ways to cut costs, so this $20 sprayer was a big purchase. One I debated in my head while at the store. I have a tank sprayer that I use for weed spray, so I'm debating whether or not to buy a brand new one just for the deck. I talk myself into not being a cheap ass and get the sprayer.

I have a window tonight to at least get the cleaning process  started. It is nice out, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, I'm busy Fri-Sun and who knows what next week will bring. Let's get this party started. I get the kids to clean all the stuff off the deck. That went surprisingly well, only a few moans and groans. I blow and brush off the deck and then bust open the new tank sprayer. Assemble the hose and pump, pour in the deck cleaner and mix with water. 8pm and I'm on schedule to knock this out before dark.

I give her a few pumps to pressurize the tank and give her a squirt. It comes shooting straight out, no noozle. I go through the box, instructions, look all around the ground... no fucking noozle. Alright, I have an extra wand from an old sprayer and the current weed sprayer. Of course all three wands are threaded different and there is no mixing and matching. Go through everything again. No fucking nozzle. There is supposed to be three fucking nozzles attached to a nozzle holder. It's not in there. Now I gotta tank full of deck chemical and no fucking nozzle  

Weed sprayer is a 1/4 full of weed killer and it is getting dark. Fuck, let's go spray some weeds and empty the tank. Misquotes are out in force, despite the bug spray. Empty the tank, switch the contents of deck cleaner to the weed sprayer tank and start spraying the deck. It's now dark. The scrub brush I also bought is a POS. Almost zip it across the yard. Use my garage brissle broom instead. Rinse with the hose which has decided today would be a good day to pop a leak right at the fucking nozzle, soaking me in the process. Get half the deck done and call it a night. Probably still looks like shit because it was dark. If so I'm setting the deck on fire.

TL;DR Fuck nozzles
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:37 pm

It is this kind of trauma that stays with a person for life. I am so sorry, and I wish I could go back in time and help you my beautiful friend.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 am

Nordic wrote:Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 1896033241

Time to restain the deck. I get all the shit from Ace hardware yesterday. I get a new pump tank sprayer to spray the deck cleaner. I'm Dutch and always looking for ways to cut costs, so this $20 sprayer was a big purchase. One I debated in my head while at the store. I have a tank sprayer that I use for weed spray, so I'm debating whether or not to buy a brand new one just for the deck. I talk myself into not being a cheap ass and get the sprayer.

I have a window tonight to at least get the cleaning process  started. It is nice out, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, I'm busy Fri-Sun and who knows what next week will bring. Let's get this party started. I get the kids to clean all the stuff off the deck. That went surprisingly well, only a few moans and groans. I blow and brush off the deck and then bust open the new tank sprayer. Assemble the hose and pump, pour in the deck cleaner and mix with water. 8pm and I'm on schedule to knock this out before dark.

I give her a few pumps to pressurize the tank and give her a squirt. It comes shooting straight out, no noozle. I go through the box, instructions, look all around the ground... no fucking noozle. Alright, I have an extra wand from an old sprayer and the current weed sprayer. Of course all three wands are threaded different and there is no mixing and matching. Go through everything again. No fucking nozzle. There is supposed to be three fucking nozzles attached to a nozzle holder. It's not in there. Now I gotta tank full of deck chemical and no fucking nozzle  

Weed sprayer is a 1/4 full of weed killer and it is getting dark. Fuck, let's go spray some weeds and empty the tank. Misquotes are out in force, despite the bug spray. Empty the tank, switch the contents of deck cleaner to the weed sprayer tank and start spraying the deck. It's now dark. The scrub brush I also bought is a POS. Almost zip it across the yard. Use my garage brissle broom instead. Rinse with the hose which has decided today would be a good day to pop a leak right at the fucking nozzle, soaking me in the process. Get half the deck done and call it a night. Probably still looks like shit because it was dark. If so I'm setting the deck on fire.

TL;DR Fuck nozzles

Shit. The best laid plans. Sorry man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:08 am

Nordic wrote:Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 1896033241

TL;DR Fuck nozzles

You know what you should’ve done? You should’ve checked to make sure the sprayer had all the parts before it was too late to do anything about it with Ace. That’s what you should’ve done.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:29 am

If so I’m setting the deck on fire Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:18 am

This reminds me of this cheap ass power washer I bought years back. The hose connection was made out of some cheap ass plastic and any time you moved the washer the hose would pop right off. Also, depending on the angle of the wand the pressure would drop every so often. Fucking worthless.

But hey, at least it came with the three different nozzles.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 am

OH MTHA FKR... Speaking of cheap ass shit.

New Craftsman Snow optimist... used maybe 5 times in the past 2 years. The fucking transmission goes out. They made it with a brass gear apparently. $180 to replace the tranny. The whole thing was only like $500....

Lucked into a replacement from a friend, but now I have a "LIKE NEW" snowblower in my garage without a transmission. Looks great. Starts immediately. Don't know what to do with it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

But hey, at least it came with the three different nozzles.

Official Rant about something meaningless here Thread - Page 3 1f610
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum