Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

+38
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
The Pantry
duffy munn
Rick Saunders
Jake from State Farm
Trapper Gus
indianaspartan
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
aualum06
TheReal_LWS
Senior Dickfist
I.B. Fine
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
MSU addict
Floyd Robertson
Izzo Court
WhiteBoyHatcher
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
SawGreen
Tim Wakefield
Dendrobates
Clarett's Folly
InTenSity
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Hurricane Izzo
MattyFresh
Cameron
42 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Empty tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 19:20

I happened upon a neighbor friend working in her front yard while out walking my dog today. After a couple of minutes of conversation, I noticed a fairly strong smell of onions. I asked her if she'd been prepping for dinner and she said no, that that was her body odor. We've been friends/neighbors a long time, so there was no embarrassment involved. She explained that people, more often women, can have a BO that smells just like onions. And she did! It smelled exactly like when I'm cutting red onions for a meal. So I went home and looked it up and she wasn't BSing me. More often, men's pits smell like cheese.
Holy crap, the human body is a fascinating machine.

"The odor is not caused by the sweat itself. Bacteria that live on the body ingest compounds present in the sweat, the metabolism of which causes the smell. Men and women have different chemical components of their sweat, which causes women's sweat to smell like onions, while men's sweat smells like cheese."

https://www.reference.com/health/sweat-smell-like-onions-29d1b6bbfb0c7904
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Empty Re: tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 19:24

Today, I also learned former Spartan QB Joe Boisture is the grandson of former EMU and Detroit Wheels (WFL) head football coach, and one-time MSU fb assistant (under Duffy) Dan Boisture.

I had no idea.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Empty Re: tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-04, 19:28

Thanks for ruining onions for me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 19:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:Thanks for ruining onions for me.

My wife gets back tomorrow night and I just know she'll want s turkey sandwich for dinner. I'm trying to decide if I should share my newfound knowledge right before her first bite.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 20:19

I've smelled onion BO before. Not sure if it would be better or worse to have onion BO or "normal" BO. I think rotten eggs BO might be the worst.

I wonder if there are any other interesting BOs out there? Asparagus BO, is that a thing? Someone needs to commit to eating nothing but asparagus for a week and not showering. I nominate Travis, seems like something he might do anyway.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-04, 20:42

While breastfeeding if your newborn is falling asleep, tickle their feet to keep them awake.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Izzo 2017-03-04, 20:50

So, someone married a chick with onion BO?
Hurricane Izzo
Hurricane Izzo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 20:53

I've heard of stoners sometimes having their sweat/BO smell a little weed-ish. I smoke my fair share and haven't noticed anything personally, so either it's just a rumor I heard, I'm smell blind to it, or it only afflicts the true upper level stoners like Snoop and Joey Diaz.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 20:58

gHost Spartan wrote:Is this chick hot?

She has a really nice personality.

Edit: And it's not like she's someone with a hygiene problem. Educated professional doing some late winter yardwork/cleanup who just worked up a sweat. She'd taken off her jacket, which is probably how I was able to smell it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 21:02

Hurricane Izzo wrote:So, someone married a chick with onion BO?

Not Germaine to the discussion. Did you read the link? Onion BO is not uncommon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 21:05

Cameron wrote:I've heard of stoners sometimes having their sweat/BO smell a little weed-ish. I smoke my fair share and haven't noticed anything personally, so either it's just a rumor I heard, I'm smell blind to it, or it only afflicts the true upper level stoners like Snoop and Joey Diaz.

That's a new one to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 21:07

MattyFresh wrote:While breastfeeding if your newborn is falling asleep, tickle their feet to keep them awake.

Isnt tickling someone's feet going to keep them awake? Not sure that's just a trick for suckling newbies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 21:47

tGreenWay wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:While breastfeeding if your newborn is falling asleep, tickle their feet to keep them awake.

Isnt tickling someone's feet going to keep them awake? Not sure that's just a trick for suckling newbies.

I don't know jack shit about babies, but my thought is that if they're more tired than hungry, let them sleep and feed them later. Maybe that's wrong and they die if you do that, I have no idea.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-04, 22:07

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don't know jack shit about babies, but my thought is that if they're more tired than hungry, let them sleep and feed them later. Maybe that's wrong and they die if you do that, I have no idea.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  502811600 think of thanksgiving. Feed them till they're stuffed then they'll sleep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 22:12

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  502811600 think of thanksgiving. Feed them till they're stuffed then they'll sleep.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  3c820902be6be3126a8ed3948a062d41390fcb7377e9f4ea7af6a0b10a59c9a9
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 22:21

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Right there with you. Maybe we could experiment with Dendro's spawn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-04, 22:23

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  3c820902be6be3126a8ed3948a062d41390fcb7377e9f4ea7af6a0b10a59c9a9

WTF is a zubat?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-04, 22:47

You should post this in Dendro's "my life is ruined" thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-04, 22:49

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

WTF is a zubat?

Here you go Grandpa:

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Giphy
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-05, 01:31

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

WTF is a zubat?

Here you go Grandpa:

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Giphy

Damn, dude, that blinking is gonna induce a seizure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-03-05, 01:41

Cameron wrote:I've heard of stoners sometimes having their sweat/BO smell a little weed-ish. I smoke my fair share and haven't noticed anything personally, so either it's just a rumor I heard, I'm smell blind to it, or it only afflicts the true upper level stoners like Snoop and Joey Diaz.

When I used to toke more frequently, mid pick up basketbalI between games I would have just sweated a fuck ton. I could smell it coming through my pores or some shit. It was strong. Kinda cray. Maybe you aren't that great of a smoker cam
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-05, 01:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

When I used to toke more frequently, mid pick up basketbalI between games I would have just sweated a fuck ton. I could smell it coming through my pores or some shit. It was strong. Kinda cray. Maybe you aren't that great of a smoker cam

¡SHOTS FIRED! tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  4198636888
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-05, 03:12

Or maybe I'm just not a bitch and my body can handle the weed without stinking.
tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Come_at_me_bro
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-05, 07:33

Cameron wrote:

Holy shit I got into some yesterday that nearly killed me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-05, 08:04

When the women's program was introduced as a department at MAC in 1896, two years of piano training was compulsory because it was felt it would help bring culture to the farm home.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-06, 01:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:When the women's program was introduced as a department at MAC in 1896, two years of piano training was compulsory because it was felt it would help bring culture to the farm home.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  1486952199 Very interesting. I'd never heard that before.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2017-03-07, 16:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:When the women's program was introduced as a department at MAC in 1896, two years of piano training was compulsory because it was felt it would help bring culture to the farm home.

bringing piano playing into ones household sounds more like spreading sin to me. first there's piano playing, then singing, then dancing. this is moral bankruptcy and michigan agricultural college would do well to stay far, far, far, away from the devil's doing.

-Ye Olde Detroit Free Press
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-07, 16:07

goodbar wrote:

bringing piano playing into ones household sounds more like spreading sin to me. first there's piano playing, then singing, then dancing. this is moral bankruptcy and michigan agricultural college would do well to stay far, far, far, away from the devil's doing.

That was probably written by a young Joe Falls, before he defected to the Detroit News.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-07, 17:29

goodbar wrote:

I'm sure LAKS would make sure any couples dancing would leave room for Jeezy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-07, 17:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'd like to hear some details, please.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-07, 19:18

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I lease a building to this gentleman that uses it for gardening. Occasionally he'll stop by to pay his rent and bring some of his produce with him. I have no idea what he had yesterday but my house still smells and I was out of it for a while.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-07, 19:22

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I lease a building to this gentleman that uses it for gardening. Occasionally he'll stop by to pay his rent and bring some of his produce with him. I have no idea what he had yesterday but my house still smells and I was out of it for a while.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-07, 19:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I lease a building to this gentleman that uses it for gardening.   Occasionally he'll stop by to pay his rent and bring some of his produce with him.   I have no idea what he had yesterday but my house still smells and I was out of it for a while.

tOfficial: "Today I Learned" (TIL) thread  Tumblr_nyx6uywlNF1s3md61o1_500
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-07, 20:14

MattyFresh wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Medicine Matty, Medicine. Some of us care about alleviating the suffering of the people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-07, 20:21

LooseGoose wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Medicine Matty, Medicine. Some of us care about alleviating the suffering of the people.

How ever you need to justify it Goose...lol
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-07, 20:38

CheesySpartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

How ever you need to justify it Goose...lol

No need to justify it, it's the Libertarian thing to do. Power to the people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-14, 11:33

Today I Learned:

If we scored more points than the other team in the games we lost, we would have won.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-14, 11:48

TIL: If you encrypt a micro SD card on your phone, don't do a factory reset without unencrypting the micro SD card first.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-14, 11:49

Twice in the fall of 2015 we didn't score more points than our opponent until after the game and we won both of them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-14, 12:03

TIL that U of M's legend of Gerald Ford and the stand he took on behalf of Willis Ward against Georgia Tech is believed, by some, to have been largely invented by Ford's people during his presidential campaign in an attempt to win over black voters.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next