Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your ideas for the forum / board here.

+33
bryanleeg
Phil McCrackin
tanfan!
Snake Plissken
Rocinante
AMwood
Ned Stark
J_LaP
CrazySparty
LoneWolfSparty
Dendrobates
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
J T
ancientspartan
Heat Miser
Molon Labe
Spartan Pride
By-Tor
Floyd Robertson
Gomer
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
TrueGreenSpartan
Duke Silver
JEK
MiamiSpartan
Keith Stone
Cosmo_Kramer
Blanch32
Cameron
Giant Moose
SeeRockCity
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 Empty Re: Post your ideas for the forum / board here.

Post by InTenSity Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 21:34

Didn't read the whole thread. Is there a way to show who the op is and the last poster?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 Empty Re: Post your ideas for the forum / board here.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 22:20

Nother one. Not sure if possible. Didn't see it in my profile options. Can you implement an optional (only) language filter? I see that **** is censored but fucking is not. I get that some people think it hurts their user experience. So let those people opt out and let everyone else cuss like a sailor.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nother one. Not sure if possible. Didn't see it in my profile options. Can you implement an optional (only) language filter? I see that **** is censored but fucking is not. I get that some people think it hurts their user experience. So let those people opt out and let everyone else cuss like a sailor.

That would be pretty cool. Currently not available. I censored **** as kind of a joke and have never gone back and removed it.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun 20 Apr 2014 - 23:05

InTenSityX wrote:Didn't read the whole thread. Is there a way to show who the op is and the last poster?

Not quite sure I understand. Those are both prominently displayed on the forum thread list. Are you referring to inside each post?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 Empty Agree

Post by GreenMitt Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 1:06

Duke Silver wrote:I think this board needs to tone down on the rcmb hate. If this place is to be succesfull and last it needs to have its own identity other than the anti-rcmb.
Excellent point. Have seen the same thing happen in hiking circles. A major hiking board that I used to frequent got way too over-modded so 3 posters got together and started a new board the first week of Dec 2013. For weeks a majority of the posts were bashing the old board which just made it a no fun place to visit.
Anonymous
GreenMitt

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 6:41

SeeRockCity wrote:
InTenSityX wrote:Didn't read the whole thread. Is there a way to show who the op is and the last poster?

Not quite sure I understand. Those are both prominently displayed on the forum thread list. Are you referring to inside each post?

Ah, ok, it only shows last person who posted on mobile. It will be a few days before I see it at a regular computer.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 9:02

GreenMitt wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:I think this board  needs to tone down on the rcmb hate. If this place is to be succesfull and last it needs to have its own identity other than the anti-rcmb.
Excellent point. Have seen the same thing happen in hiking circles. A major hiking board that I used to frequent got way too over-modded so 3 posters got together and started a new board the first week of Dec 2013. For weeks a majority of the posts were bashing the old board which just made it a no fun place to visit.

Give it some time. Much like hiking in the winter, what else are we supposed to talk about right now in the dead season of MSU sports? Baseball just got beat up by IU but otherwise there is nothing going on in MSU sports right now. The Spring Game should help as should more users coming on board.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 9:50

Some ideas:

- Get rid of the 'confirmation' page if possible. OTPT mentioned it and the feature is arbitrary. Just send us to our post.

- Align the threads in the middle of the page. Everything is left-aligned and a little hard on the eyes. A nice, clean look would have the threads and replies in the middle with space on either side.

- Notifications need some changing, if possible with the software. They should tell you A) if someone liked your post or B) if someone quoted a post you made or C) if someone sent you a PM.

- Possible color change unique to each user. I'm on a forum for another site and you can customize colors to your own liking, so we could use different shades of greens and whites (or even blues and purples if we wanted to). Just a suggestion because I think this site could look bolder.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 9:52

Oh, and no rods. Outside of SeeRock and Heat Miser. Let the people decide.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 14:01

Just noticed, when I quote, the curser starts before the quote so when I start typing without paying attention, I post before the quoted text. Any way to make it start after the quote?
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 15:39

Sorry if this sounds silly, but is there a way to make it more obvious in a thread that you have posted in, and when it's been posted after yours? I know it's there, but it's not very obvious. Just wondering if it could be most distinct.

Also, I edited in my preferences about not getting emails when I post something, but I'm still getting the emails anyway. How do I make it stop?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 15:48

Dendrobates wrote:Sorry if this sounds silly, but is there a way to make it more obvious in a thread that you have posted in, and when it's been posted after yours? I know it's there, but it's not very obvious. Just wondering if it could be most distinct.

Also, I edited in my preferences about not getting emails when I post something, but I'm still getting the emails anyway. How do I make it stop?

Look for this symbol to the left/right of each thread subject line. Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 2014-011

If the image is on the left, that means there is a new post, and clicking it will take you to the next unread post; the image on the right takes you to the last post in thread.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 15:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Sorry if this sounds silly, but is there a way to make it more obvious in a thread that you have posted in, and when it's been posted after yours? I know it's there, but it's not very obvious. Just wondering if it could be most distinct.

Look for this symbol to the left/right of each thread subject line. Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 2014-011

If the image is on the left, that means there is a new post, and clicking it will take you to the next unread post; the image on the right takes you to the last post in thread.

Also, the thread icon turns red. Can it get more distinct than that?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 16:05

How about a whole board dedicated to Robert J. Sakimano?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 16:19

Do it in the Notifications tab in your profile also.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 22:51

What is this "Gerousia" I've been added to?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 23:30

Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:How sold is everyone on the serif font?

It the official MSU font (Californian & Gotham). We can certainly go sans serif. Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 2599972566
Can we give Gotham a shot?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 1:24

Gomer wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Gomer wrote:How sold is everyone on the serif font?

It the official MSU font (Californian & Gotham). We can certainly go sans serif. Post your ideas for the forum / board here. - Page 3 2599972566
Can we give Gotham a shot?

Switched to Helvetica. Gotham didn't seem to work.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 12:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:

When I click the icon on the left of the thread subject it just brings me to the newest post, not to the first unread post.

Last edited by J_LaP on Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 12:08; edited 1 time in total
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 12:07

Is there anyway to hide signatures or can that be implemented? While I don't mind them when I am using the board at home, at work it would be one less thing to worry about plus makes it easier to read the board slightly incognito.
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 13:37

Why can't users see how many times their own posts have been 'liked'?
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ned Stark Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:05

This suggestion may be deemed radical by some, but I think we shouldn't ban Nucky when he inevitably makes an account over here and says stupid shit (if he hasn't already). I know that spotting Nucky is a fun activity for some, but honestly it can be a little annoying trying to decide whether a new poster is Nucky or not. I say we let him keep one profile and that way we always know it's him, and those who enjoy saying "**** off Nucky" can still do so.
Ned Stark
Ned Stark
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:06

what are we supposed to do with the garonte thing? am i missing out on some fun?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:07

Ned Stark wrote:This suggestion may be deemed radical by some, but I think we shouldn't ban Nucky when he inevitably makes an account over here and says stupid shit (if he hasn't already). I know that spotting Nucky is a fun activity for some, but honestly it can be a little annoying trying to decide whether a new poster is Nucky or not. I say we let him keep one profile and that way we always know it's him, and those who enjoy saying "**** off Nucky" can still do so.

1 Nucky, yes. 187 Nuckies, no. I'll even make the Nucky username available for him.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:08

AMwood wrote:what are we supposed to do with the garonte thing? am i missing out on some fun?

Fellow Gerontes, read the friggin charter.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:09

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
AMwood wrote:what are we supposed to do with the garonte thing? am i missing out on some fun?

no. just tell me.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by J_LaP Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:41

J_LaP wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

When I click the icon on the left of the thread subject it just brings me to the newest post, not to the first unread post.

Bump because I think this got missed, I can't return to the first unread post, it always goes to the end of the thread and I have to back up.
J_LaP
J_LaP
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:44

AMwood wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

no. just tell me.

Stick your penis in it and see what happens. That never has negative consequences.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:44

J_LaP wrote:
J_LaP wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Bump because I think this got missed, I can't return to the first unread post, it always goes to the end of the thread and I have to back up.

1. You have to be logged in with cookies enabled.
2. The icon must be yellow. If it's white, there are no new posts to read. The thread icon will also be red, not green.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:47

AMwood wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

no. just tell me.
Stick it in your butt
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:47

Somebody alert me when Martin Spartan decides to join.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:48

Snake Plissken wrote:
AMwood wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

no. just tell me.
Stick it in your butt

Lets eff!!!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 15:51

Tanfan! wrote:Somebody alert me when Martin Spartan decides to join.
You'll be the first to know since he has this special affection for you
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 16:00

Snake Plissken wrote:
AMwood wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

no. just tell me.
Stick it in your butt

AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 16:35

J_LaP wrote:Is there anyway to hide signatures or can that be implemented?  While I don't mind them when I am using the board at home, at work it would be one less thing to worry about plus makes it easier to read the board slightly incognito.

This.
The ability to shut off sigs/avatars would be nice.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 17:00

Phil McCrackin wrote:
J_LaP wrote:Is there anyway to hide signatures or can that be implemented?  While I don't mind them when I am using the board at home, at work it would be one less thing to worry about plus makes it easier to read the board slightly incognito.

This.

There's Stylish code for the sigs in the sig poll thread OP. I'll work up some Stylish for avatars.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by bryanleeg Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 9:52

I would like to see a ticket marketplace board. I enjoyed that on the old board, before it got overrun with spam of course.
bryanleeg
bryanleeg
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 10:07

Heat Miser wrote:
Phil McCrackin wrote:

This.

There's Stylish code for the sigs in the sig poll thread OP. I'll work up some Stylish for avatars.

Thanks! (And I see now that images in sigs have been disabled, which I think is a good choice too)
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeno Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 10:19

vBookie or whatever this forum software's version of it is if available.
Zeno
Zeno
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 11:36

Is there a way to have (from left to right):

Thread title, who started the thread, posts, views. I know tRCMB does it like that but most forums do anyway. It's easier to read, less jumbled. Just a thought.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next