Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 Empty Re: Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

Post by Herbie Green on 2017-08-01, 00:36

Lol so you havent been discussing this issue at all outside of this 4 page solo spank to vox.com and NPR etc, etc
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 Empty Re: Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn)

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-01, 00:44

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 Tenor
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-01, 16:06

The White House confirmed Tuesday that President Trump had been involved in drafting a statement for his son Donald Trump Jr. after reports emerged last month that he had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign.

"The statement that Don Jr. issued is true. The President weighed in as any father would based on the limited information that he had," White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday at the daily press briefing. "This is all discussion frankly with no consequence. There was no follow up; it was disclosed to the proper parties, which is how the New York Times found out about it to begin with."

http://time.com/4882937/white-house-donald-trump-jr-statement-natalia-veselnitskaya/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-01, 16:07

Amanda Carpenter‏Verified account @amandacarpenter 9m9 minutes ago
Amanda Carpenter
Except most fathers don't have their sons conducting unseemly meetings on behalf of a campaign and use taxpayer resources to protect him.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-08-01, 16:12

GRR Spartan wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Dan Merica‏Verified account
@danmericaCNN
VP Mike Pence was previously unaware of Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer, his spox tells CNN

Pence is an unaware VP. He was also "unaware" of General Flynn's contact with the Russian ambassador.

He needs to be represented by Nathan Thurm.

Da Da Da and Dee Dee Dee and whatever the hall else you wanna put in there!

Martin Short is a unique talent.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-01, 16:23

Let's talk about this part...

Trump, they say, is increasingly acting as his own lawyer, strategist and publicist, often disregarding the recommendations of the professionals he has hired.

“He refuses to sit still,” the presidential adviser said. “He doesn’t think he’s in any legal jeopardy, so he really views this as a political problem he is going to solve by himself.”

...because no way this ends well if that is case.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-01, 17:47

Turtleneck wrote:
The White House confirmed Tuesday that President Trump had been involved in drafting a statement for his son Donald Trump Jr. after reports emerged last month that he had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign.

"The statement that Don Jr. issued is true. The President weighed in as any father would based on the limited information that he had," White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Tuesday at the daily press briefing. "This is all discussion frankly with no consequence. There was no follow up; it was disclosed to the proper parties, which is how the New York Times found out about it to begin with."

http://time.com/4882937/white-house-donald-trump-jr-statement-natalia-veselnitskaya/

As any father would is the line that sticks out. I disagree that most fathers would weigh in to help craft such a misleading statement. And because Trump isn't any father, he's the fucking POTUS, which means he engaged in helping his son lie to the American people.
Nothing out of Donnie's mouth, including anyone speaking for him, is to be believed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 15:39

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe: Expansion beyond Flynn grand jury is a sign the investigation in election meddling is ramping up

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has impaneled a grand jury in Washington to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 elections, a sign that his inquiry is growing in intensity and entering a new phase, according to two people familiar with the matter.

The grand jury, which began its work in recent weeks, is a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months. Mr. Mueller is investigating Russia’s efforts to influence the 2016 election and whether President Donald Trump’s campaign or associates colluded with the Kremlin as part of that effort.

A spokesman for Mr. Mueller, Joshua Stueve, declined to comment. Moscow has denied seeking to influence the election, and Mr. Trump has vigorously disputed allegations of collusion. The president has called Mr. Mueller’s inquiry a “witch hunt.”

Ty Cobb, special counsel to the president, said he wasn’t aware that Mr. Mueller had started using a new grand jury. “Grand jury matters are typically secret,” Mr. Cobb said. “The White House favors anything that accelerates the conclusion of his work fairly.…The White House is committed to fully cooperating with Mr. Mueller.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-counsel-mueller-impanels-washington-grand-jury-in-russia-probe-1501788287
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 15:40

“This is yet a further sign that there is a long-term, large-scale series of prosecutions being contemplated and being pursued by the special counsel,” said Stephen I. Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas. “If there was already a grand jury in Alexandria looking at Flynn, there would be no need to reinvent the wheel for the same guy. This suggests that the investigation is bigger and wider than Flynn, perhaps substantially so.”

Thomas Zeno, a federal prosecutor for 29 years before becoming a lawyer at the Squire Patton Boggs law firm, said the grand jury is “confirmation that this is a very vigorous investigation going on.”

“This doesn’t mean he is going to bring charges,” Mr. Zeno cautioned. “But it shows he is very serious. He wouldn’t do this if it were winding down.”
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-03, 15:45

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 276803595
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 15:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 276803595

#Witchhunt

#Russiafantasy

#Fakenews
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-03, 15:50

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 276803595

#Witchhunt

#Russiafantasy

#Fakenews
I'll keep these fine patriotic Americans in my prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-03, 16:16

My gut tells me Manafort will be the only one to face charges after all this. It also tells me I'm still full from lunch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-08-03, 16:20

I think I'm gonna gut a pie from goose
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 16:23

tGreenWay wrote:My gut tells me Manafort will be the only one to face charges after all this. It also tells me I'm still full from lunch.

I do not expect much to come of it on the collusion front, but I think the investigation is more serious than Trumpkins wanted people to believe. As far as collusion goes, Manafort and Flynn acting on their own is a for sure possibility, but probably not a coordinated effort by the campaign. What would not surprise me is if there were questionable, maybe even illegal, financial schemes and activities that involved Trump. This is what has always caught my eye more than collusion; that he has financial dealings with Russia that he does not want to disclose for whatever reason.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-03, 16:28

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:My gut tells me Manafort will be the only one to face charges after all this. It also tells me I'm still full from lunch.  

I do not expect much to come of it on the collusion front, but I think the investigation is more serious than Trumpkins wanted people to believe. As far as collusion goes, Manafort and Flynn acting on their own is a for sure possibility, but probably not a coordinated effort by the campaign. What would not surprise me is if there were questionable, maybe even illegal, financial schemes and activities that involved Trump. This is what has always caught my eye more than collusion; that he has financial dealings with Russia that he does not want to disclose for whatever reason.

The Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f pee Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f tape Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f is Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f real Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 16:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

The Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f pee Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f tape Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f is Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f real Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 1f44f

CNN reads this board.

One year into the FBI's Russia investigation, Mueller is on the Trump money trail
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/mueller-investigation-russia-trump-one-year-financial-ties/index.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 16:41

Reuters Top News‏Verified account
@Reuters
BREAKING: Grand jury subpoenas have been issued related to June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., Russian lawyers and others - sources

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 16:43

Turtleneck wrote:

CNN reads this board.

One year into the FBI's Russia investigation, Mueller is on the Trump money trail
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/mueller-investigation-russia-trump-one-year-financial-ties/index.html

And +1 to GreenWay.

In the months that followed, investigators turned up intercepted communications appearing to show efforts by Russian operatives to coordinate with Trump associates on damaging Hillary Clinton's election prospects, officials said. CNN has learned those communications included references to campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-03, 16:48

Don't y'all be forgetting Carter Page now. He's gonna be in some shit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 16:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Don't y'all be forgetting Carter Page now. He's gonna be in some shit

Was he in the Back Street Boys?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-03, 16:51

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Don't y'all be forgetting Carter Page now. He's gonna be in some shit

Was he in the Back Street Boys?

No
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-08-03, 16:53

Turtleneck wrote:Reuters Top News‏Verified account
@Reuters
BREAKING: Grand jury subpoenas have been issued related to June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., Russian lawyers and others - sources

I get pie.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-03, 16:53

I wish Mueller's grand jury would indict Stephen miller for being an arrogant, condescending prick.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 16:55

tGreenWay wrote:I wish Mueller's grand jury would indict Stephen miller for being an arrogant, condescending prick.

Saw today that based on his comments yesterday, his own great grandparents would not have been allowed to enter the U.S. #familyhistoryfail
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-03, 16:59

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I wish Mueller's grand jury would indict Stephen miller for being an arrogant, condescending prick.

Saw today that based on his comments yesterday, his own great grandparents would not have been allowed to enter the U.S. #familyhistoryfail

Facts don't matter to Trumpanzees.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-08-03, 17:08

Turtleneck wrote:

My great grandmother came here with on suitcase by herself at 13. Couldn't speak English. I wouldn't be here. Too bad at? Oh, and we all got baptized in a dress from that suitcase. So will my grandkids.

Fuck this administration.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 17:11

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I wouldn't be here.

I am sure you would have found tSwill in whatever pony packed country your great grandmother traveled from.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-03, 17:31

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

My great grandmother came here with on suitcase by herself at 13. Couldn't speak English. I wouldn't be here. Too bad at? Oh, and we all got baptized in a dress from that suitcase. So will my grandkids.

Can I baptize greenway in it?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-03, 18:34

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

I wouldn't be here.

I am sure you would have found tSwill in whatever pony packed country your great grandmother traveled from.

Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non pony-packed country?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-03, 18:35

DWags wrote:

Can I baptize greenway in it?

I'm cool with that, but I don't do baths; you'll have to get in the shower with me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2017-08-03, 19:13

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Reuters Top News‏Verified account
@Reuters

I get pie.

Lawfare just dropped an interesting story (re: yesterday's WSJ reports about a GOP operative and Flynn) - Page 4 Image
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 19:21

Goose does not give pie to libs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-03, 19:30

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 2h2 hours ago
CNN is also reporting Mueller may see some "low-hanging fruit" (easy/easy-ish indictments) with respect to Manafort, Kushner and Flynn.

For what purpose? To try to get them to spill the beans about something greater?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2017-08-04, 14:20

Turtleneck wrote:Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 2h2 hours ago
CNN is also reporting Mueller may see some "low-hanging fruit" (easy/easy-ish indictments) with respect to Manafort, Kushner and Flynn.

For what purpose? To try to get them to spill the beans about something greater?

Exactly. Hopefully, the seriousness of the charges is not lost and they threaten years in federal prison for conspiracy if people don't talk about how the president approved all of the collusion, which he abso-fucking-lutely did.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-04, 22:37

Mueller Seeks White House Documents on Flynn

WASHINGTON — Investigators working for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, recently asked the White House for documents related to the former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn, and have questioned witnesses about whether he was secretly paid by the Turkish government during the final months of the presidential campaign, according to people close to the investigation.

Though not a formal subpoena, the document request is the first known instance of Mr. Mueller’s team asking the White House to hand over records.

In interviews with potential witnesses in recent weeks, prosecutors and F.B.I. agents have spent hours poring over the details of Mr. Flynn’s business dealings with a Turkish-American businessman who worked last year with Mr. Flynn and his consulting business, the Flynn Intel Group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/us/politics/robert-mueller-michael-flynn-turkey.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-04, 23:17

Trump keeps saying trust him yet he and his staff couldn't vet Flynn to know he was working for a Turkey and the campaign.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-09, 10:15

FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Federal agents appeared at Paul Manafort’s home without advance warning in the predawn hours of July 26, the day after he met voluntarily with the staff for the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III departed the home with various records.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-conducted-predawn-raid-of-former-trump-campaign-chairman-manaforts-home/2017/08/09/5879fa9c-7c45-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.4efcf2c10c57

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-09, 11:46

The F.B.I. typically seeks such records when investigating violations of the federal Bank Secrecy Act, which requires Americans to report their foreign banking accounts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/us/politics/paul-manafort-home-search-mueller.html?smid=tw-share
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-08-09, 11:53

bump..

(this thread needs to stay above my celebratory thread).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum