Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-20, 11:49

The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trump campaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said.

President Donald Trump, Commerce Secretary nominee Wilbur Ross and senior advisor Jared Kushner attend a meeting at the White House on Feb. 2, 2017.
Trump, Ross and Kushner attend a meeting at the White House on Feb. 2, 2017. Photographer: Drew Angerer/Getty Images
John Dowd, one of Trump’s lawyers, said on Thursday he was unaware of this element of the investigation. "Those transactions are in my view well beyond the mandate of the Special counsel; are unrelated to the election of 2016 or any alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and most importantly, are well beyond any Statute of Limitation imposed by the United States Code," he wrote in an email.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-20/mueller-is-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31021
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-20, 11:51

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31021
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-07-20, 11:53

Next on Fox News - Fidgety, the Water-Skiing Squirrel.. see you after the break..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by NigelUno on 2017-07-20, 11:54

Turtleneck wrote:
The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trump campaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe.

FBI investigators and others are looking at Russian purchases of apartments in Trump buildings, Trump’s involvement in a controversial SoHo development with Russian associates, the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow and Trump’s sale of a Florida mansion to a Russian oligarch in 2008, the person said.

President Donald Trump, Commerce Secretary nominee Wilbur Ross and senior advisor Jared Kushner attend a meeting at the White House on Feb. 2, 2017.
Trump, Ross and Kushner attend a meeting at the White House on Feb. 2, 2017. Photographer: Drew Angerer/Getty Images
John Dowd, one of Trump’s lawyers, said on Thursday he was unaware of this element of the investigation. "Those transactions are in my view well beyond the mandate of the Special counsel; are unrelated to the election of 2016 or any alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and most importantly, are well beyond any Statute of Limitation imposed by the United States Code," he wrote in an email.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-20/mueller-is-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions

I think Trump warned him not to do that...
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25259
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by DWags on 2017-07-20, 11:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Next on Fox News - Fidgety, the Water-Skiing Squirrel.. see you after the break..


Breaking news: Bill Clinton did indeed have sexual relations with that woman. A Fox five hour documentary
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37494
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-07-20, 12:02

Tonight on Hannity, with Trump recently declaring Macron a good friend, can we finally call them French fries again, or are they still freedom fries? Will will discuss with our guests Batboy, Jim Hincklecock, Director of Operations at the Mars colony, and Rush Limbaugh, renowned opioid addict.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31021
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-07-20, 12:06

President Trump is claiming investigations leading to his family's business connections are "out of bounds" at the same time there are calls to review Ivan's Trump's SF86 security application after her husband has amended his 3 times and added more than 100 names he didn't recall when he initially filled out the exhaustive form.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-07-20, 13:48

Turtleneck wrote:Tonight on Hannity, with Trump recently declaring Macron a good friend, can we finally call them French fries again, or are they still freedom fries? Will will discuss with our guests Batboy, Jim Hincklecock, Director of Operations at the Mars colony, and Rush Limbaugh, renowned opioid addict.

Batboy on Hannity is appointment TV.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38730
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Cameron on 2017-07-20, 19:39

Does Mueller get to see Trump's tax returns?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7408
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-07-20, 20:00

Cameron wrote:Does Mueller get to see Trump's tax returns?

Worse. He's going to be able to access Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump's tax returns. They are Federal employees with security clearances.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by DWags on 2017-07-20, 20:12

Trumps also going to have to explain flipping a Florida house he bought for 40 million and got 95 million for it from an oligarch during the housing crash.

I know trumpsters, it was art of the deal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37494
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-08-31, 20:47

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-31, 21:20


Follow the money
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-08-31, 21:23

GRR Spartan wrote:

Follow the money

Precisely. I'm surprised it took this long.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-09-01, 00:34


As much as he complains on twitter and elsewhere, Donnie must be losing his mind behind closed doors. That's a damn shame. Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38730
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by NigelUno on 2017-09-01, 09:49



Special counsel Bob Mueller has teamed up with the IRS. According to sources familiar with his investigation into alleged Russian election interference, his probe has enlisted the help of agents from the IRS’ Criminal Investigations unit.

This unit—known as CI—is one of the federal government’s most tight-knit, specialized, and secretive investigative entities. Its 2,500 agents focus exclusively on financial crime, including tax evasion and money laundering. A former colleague of Mueller’s said he always liked working with IRS’ special agents, especially when he was a U.S. Attorney.

And it goes without saying that the IRS has access to Trump’s tax returns—documents that the president has long resisted releasing to the public.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25259
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-01, 09:54

Its going to get ugly since Kushner and one of his sons are on the record admitting they met with Russians.

That means they are also in the crosshairs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by kingstonlake on 2017-09-01, 12:11

His tax returns are probably in Russian. I don't think it's any secret why he wouldn't release them. Heavy financial dealings with Russia splattered all over his return would have cost him the election. Sometimes perception is reality.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15600
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions Empty Re: Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum