Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville

+4
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
8 posters

Go down

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville Empty Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-14, 23:20

On Sunday, Merck CEO Kenneth Frazer resigned from Trump's American Manufacturing Council. Frazer, an African American, felt he needed to take a stand againt Trump's delayed response to the events in Charlottesville. Trump later got even with a slick retaliation tweet burn. Then, following in Frazer's footsteps, the Under Armor CEO called it quits, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/business/merck-ceo-trump-charlottesville.html

Now the CEO of Intel says Trump's Council has become all about politics and little else. He has resigned his position as well, and does reference the events of Charlottesville in his statement.

Earlier today, I tendered my resignation from the American Manufacturing Council. I resigned to call attention to the serious harm our divided political climate is causing to critical issues, including the serious need to address the decline of American manufacturing. Politics and political agendas have sidelined the important mission of rebuilding America’s manufacturing base.

http://blogs.intel.com/policy/2017/08/14/intel-ceo-leaves-manufacturing-council/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville Empty Re: Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-15, 00:17

"Go back to Intel and keep charging bigger and bigger amounts of money for increasingly smaller computer microchips. Biggest ripoff of American's hard-earned money from a company not named Merck."
- future Trump tweet
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville Empty Re: Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-15, 08:47

Trump's tweet attacking the media as "Fake News" hours after his appearance where he finally called out white supremacists and neo nazi's showed he's still pandering to his base.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-15, 12:05

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 34-20e3

Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul resigns from Trump's manufacturing council

Last edited by NigelUno on 2017-08-15, 12:10; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-15, 12:08

Scott Paul, president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing, resigns position.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-15, 12:11

Alliance for American Manufacturing makes it #4 who have left  the council.  
GE, Campbell Soup, Johnson & Johnson and the AFL-CIO are still there but it looks like the clock is ticking for another shoe to drop.

His 2nd statement was read off a teleprompter to deter ad libs and Trump seems shocked business people are walking.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-15, 18:51; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-15, 12:15

Probably just a coincidence that Trump has only singled out the black guy by name...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-15, 12:15

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be associated with a racist, bigoted sexual predator.

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-08-15, 15:12

Add the Walmart CEO to the list of critics.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/business/trump-manufacturing-council.amp.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-15, 18:08

Richard L. Trumka‏Verified account @RichardTrumka  21m21 minutes ago
I cannot sit on a council for a President that tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism; I resign, effective immediately.

Head of AFL-CIO

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-16, 12:52

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 2795  Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 31-20e3

3M CEO quit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-16, 12:53

Is that seven?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-16, 13:06

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 2795  Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 31-20e3

Campbell's Soup CEO quit.

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 38-20e3

Last edited by NigelUno on 2017-08-16, 13:10; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-16, 13:09

NigelUno wrote:Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 2795  Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 31-20e3

Eight?

Also, did he say this on his way out...

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2017-08-16, 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-16, 13:11

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 2795  Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville 31-20e3

Eight?

Also...did he say this on his way out...

It's a Soup Company. It's run by a girl.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-16, 13:14

Girls can't be CEOs, Nigel. Everybody knows this. Stop pushing your liberal values on the rest of us.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-16, 13:19

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-16, 13:26

NigelUno wrote:Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-16, 13:27

Laurence Tribe‏Verified account @tribelaw 5m5 minutes ago
Hmm. How bout: "Rather than putting pressure on GOP congresspeople, I am ending my presidency. Thank you all!"
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-16, 13:32

When the going gets tough cowardly leadership end advisory councils.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2017-08-16, 13:47

GRR Spartan wrote:When the going gets tough cowardly leadership end advisory councils.

I guess racism is the breaking point for tax cuts.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-08-16, 14:41

Turtleneck wrote:Laurence Tribe‏Verified account @tribelaw 5m5 minutes ago
Hmm. How bout: "Rather than putting pressure on GOP congresspeople, I am ending my presidency. Thank you all!"

The old "you are breaking up with me, well I'm breaking up with you" move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-08-17, 01:41

I don't know what's next, but there's no fucking way this keeps up for four years.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 12:55

Council on Arts and Humanties exits stage left.

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville Img_0126
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-19, 13:21

Turtleneck wrote:Council on Arts and Humanties exits stage left.

Trump's American Manufacturing Council just lost another member. I think the count is now 3 post-Charlottesville Img_0126

Somebody just pointed this out. I am not sure if it is intentional or not. Look at the first letter of each paragraph plus the closing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-19, 14:12

No coincedence.

Only member who didn't resign with the rest was George C. Wolfe
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down