Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harvey

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Guest on 2017-08-30, 19:37

Turtleneck wrote:Says tBin's most dishonest poster.

lol, ok sweetie. Whatever you say.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-30, 21:20

Thank you for your willingness to acquiesce on this issue.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31021
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-30, 21:37

The frightening financial numbers from Harvey are still unknown.

So far they're talking 500,000 vehicles will need to be replaced, at least 50,000 residential structures including single family and apartments taken down to the slab.

If you are starting to build a home or shop for a new one there is going to be jumps in all kinds of building supplies
.
All that's personal stuff. They have no estimates on how many roads, city streets and bridges have been undermined or how all the cities water and sewer infrastructure have been compromised.

The 2015 floods in Houston cost $3.5B. Estimates for Harvey are starting at $25B and some are well above $50B.

Tough decisions for Federal legislators. Help rebuild the Texas Gulf Coast, build a wall on the Mexican border or try to do both while pushing through tax cut legislation.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-30, 21:57

If it was flooded why didn't he just say that (instead of newstalk111147382.info) and why are there people there now? That doesn't make sense.

Pretty sure newstalk6969696conservativesbelieveusbecausetheyregullibledipshits.gov had this one wrong.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22545
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 36
Location : Please cease horny posting

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-30, 22:07

Okay upon googling yeah the dude himself said it didn't flood. Those pictures are bullshit. I for one am shocked that the fine people at newstalk111010011100001111.org got this wrong.

Anyway, honestly I haven't given two shits about some mega church not opening its doors. What, do you think they are spending millions of dollars on a facility and on themselves because they are interested in helping the community? Lol. Those type of people are the definition of not Christian. Not doing what they should do is what they do. And people fall for it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22545
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 36
Location : Please cease horny posting

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-30, 22:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If it was flooded why didn't he just say that (instead of newstalk111147382.info) and why are there people there now? That doesn't make sense.

Pretty sure newstalk6969696conservativesbelieveusbecausetheyregullibledipshits.gov had this one wrong.

There really was not much made of it in this thread, but Loose pretended otherwise so he could yell at us.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31021
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by NigelUno on 2017-08-30, 22:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Says tBin's most dishonest poster.

lol, ok sweetie. Whatever you say.

Osteen says the church was not flooded.

But, you believe what you want. Harvey - Page 2 502811600

NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25259
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by DWags on 2017-08-30, 22:22

GRR Spartan wrote:The frightening financial numbers from Harvey are still unknown.

So far they're talking 500,000 vehicles will need to be replaced, at least 50,000 residential structures including single family and apartments taken down to the slab.

If you are starting to build a home or shop for a new one there is going to be jumps in all kinds of building supplies
.
All that's personal stuff. They have no estimates on how many roads, city streets and bridges have been undermined or how all the cities water and sewer infrastructure have been compromised.

The 2015 floods in Houston cost $3.5B. Estimates for Harvey are starting at $25B and some are well above $50B.

Tough decisions for Federal legislators. Help rebuild the Texas Gulf Coast, build a wall on the Mexican border or try to do both while pushing through tax cut legislation.

I heard possibly only 10% of homeowners had flood insurance. Wow if true
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37494
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-08-30, 22:28

Guys, I just realized I am not going to get pie because I have been really mean to Loose. I wanted pie. It is probably not too late for the rest of you. You can back off now and still be in the running for pie. Use me as your lesson. Don't be Turtleneck.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31021
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-08-30, 22:32

First, I didn't previously dislike Osteen. I recognize he's brought spiritual and physical comfort to an untold number of people through the years, including the times (yes, plural) he's opened his church during previous emergencies.
However, what's coming out now is revisionist history. •The church announced that it would be closed due to flooding.
•When residents complained and photos were shared on social media of a wet but non-flooded church parking lot and exterior, including an entrance and parking area below ground level that wasn't flooded, an associate pastor put out a statement that they couldn't take anyone because roads around the church were flooded. Also not true.
•That's when Osteen said the church would take people when other shelters were at capacity, which, by the way, had already happened.
•When people called BS on that, Osteen changed his message yet again and announced Lakewood would open at noon yesterday to accept those with nowhere to go.
•It was only last night that Osteen made the claim that he didn't open his church because the city hadn't asked him to, to which I ask, why the fuck does this guy, a minister to one of the largest congregations in the world, feel like he needed to wait to be asked to offer shelter to anyone in need? Just open your fucking doors and get it done.

But, what the hell, let the PR campaign work in overdrive to change the narrative. Houston residents -- probably including more than a few of his congregation -- have seen through this guy. He's happy taking their money when times are good, but uninterested in stepping up during the city's worst disaster ever.

Like I said at the start of this diatribe; I previously didn't dislike Osteen, despite my skepticism of his intentions. Now? I'm pretty sure I've seen the real Osteen, and I'm certainly not alone.


Last edited by tGreenWay on 2017-08-31, 01:11; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38730
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-08-30, 23:24

Turtleneck wrote:. Don't be Turtleneck.

lol no shit asshole. You're just now realizing this?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22545
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 36
Location : Please cease horny posting

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by InTenSity on 2017-08-31, 06:24

Osteen is nothing like mattress mack. That guy is one of the real heroes here. If you haven't read the story, go do so.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13834
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-31, 06:24

Osteen has turned his father's ministry into a multi-million dollar operation and using that platform has made himself millions thru book sales, speaking engagements etc.

He screwed the pooch from a PR standpoint by not being proactive. If for whatever reason(s) he didn't think of what his church could do he has a staff who could have contacted him with ideas.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-08-31, 07:18

So the Arkema chemical factory in Crosby blew up a few days ahead of schedule. I know asking questions with 20/20 hindsight is easy and this was a 1:500 year storm but maybe we need to rethink building ticking time bomb factories in flood plains.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-31, 07:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:So the Arkema chemical factory in Crosby blew up a few days ahead of schedule. I know asking questions with 20/20 hindsight is easy and this was a 1:500 year storm but maybe we need to rethink building ticking time bomb factories in flood plains.

Considering that Harvey is being described as a once in every 500 year storm we should wonder about the 2 other storms that were called "500 year storms" that flooded the Houston metroplex and Gulfcoast in the last 3 years.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by InTenSity on 2017-08-31, 07:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:So the Arkema chemical factory in Crosby blew up a few days ahead of schedule. I know asking questions with 20/20 hindsight is easy and this was a 1:500 year storm but maybe we need to rethink building ticking time bomb factories in flood plains.
The free market will figure this out. Oh, and bailouts.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13834
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-08-31, 07:50

Harvey - Page 2 502811600 good points, gents.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by I.B. Fine on 2017-08-31, 13:30

Turtleneck wrote: Don't be Turtleneck.

Words I live by.

Harvey - Page 2 55953254
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5155
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Giant turd on a stick, Thanks B

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-31, 17:13

Texas Gov Abbott (R) is talking about $123B in total Federal aid to help Texas recover from Harvey.

This is the same guy who as Texas AG filed 31 lawsuits against the Federal government for every from the state's ability to choose drugs for executions. to voter registration.

As governor he ordered the Texas State Guard to watch US Army field drills near Fort Hood to make sure they weren't doing things like building secret internment camps and turned down billions to help people needing ACA health insurance.

Now he's telling Trump it may take as much as $123B or more and Trump is agreeing.

What the hell happened to small government, state's rights and bootstraps?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-01, 09:22

President Trump said he has or is going to donate $1M to Texas flood relief.

Will that check come out of his personal account or his business account. If it's the latter it's a tax write off that also reduces profit that's been promised to be paid while he's in office.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by InTenSity on 2017-09-01, 09:36

GRR Spartan wrote:President Trump said he has or is going to donate $1M to Texas flood relief.

Will that check come out of his personal account or his business account. If it's the latter it's a tax write off that also reduces profit that's been promised to be paid while he's in office.
If he has a hotel to stay in near TX, then he could donate $5million in profit he's making for staying the weekend on taxpayer money.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13834
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by NigelUno on 2017-09-01, 09:42

Trump's going back to Texas...most likely to promote a new cap. Maybe a blue one, instead of red or white.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25259
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-01, 09:51

NigelUno wrote:Trump's going back to Texas...most likely to promote a new cap. Maybe a blue one, instead of red or white.

Maybe to Joel Osteen's church to pray Irma misses "The Winter White House" in Mara-la-ga
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Rocinante on 2017-09-01, 12:43

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18266
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by InTenSity on 2017-09-01, 12:46

I'd like to drop him in the middle of a flooded area, make sure he has very little cash and a few scrapes that are getting infected and let him pay whatever he wants with little to no help from anyone.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13834
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 43
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Rocinante on 2017-09-01, 12:52

Harvey - Page 2 Mrw-my-friend-asked-me-if-the-lsd-has-kicked-in-yet-146152
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18266
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-09-01, 13:00


There's dumb and then there's this piece of shat. Did I miss the part of the argument where there are enough good humans left to override supply/demand and they'll stay and sell regular-priced water or give it away because that's who they are? Dickheads stick around and gouge.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by NigelUno on 2017-09-01, 13:01


Aren't donations (of water for example) undermining capitalism then?

NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25259
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-01, 14:05

That would be the same John Stossel who ranted about people building near coastlines and expecting Federal Flood Insurance to cease because their purchase/building was buyer beware.

Then when his Atlantic Ocean front property was damaged Stossel filed a claim because he purchased flood insurance.

He's a despicable person and FoxNews gives him air time to spew his venom.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-09-01, 14:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:

There's dumb and then there's this piece of shat. Did I miss the part of the argument where there are enough good humans left to override supply/demand and they'll stay and sell regular-priced water or give it away because that's who they are? Dickheads stick around and gouge.

Interesting you say that. It reminds me of the hours after 9/11 and how there was a run on gas around EL (elsewhere, too, no doubt). The price of a gallon jumped for no reason other than station owner greed. I was actually nearly at an empty tank and needed to fill up for a trip out of town the next day. Damned if I was going to pay the crazy prices being demanded, let alone get in the line for a gas pump where chaos was the order of the day. I drove to the post office to grab my mail, then noticed the Marathon station next door hadn't increased their prices and they had a couple of people outside, directing cars to the next available spot in line. Things went very quickly and I asked the guy why they didn't raise prices and he said there was no reason to. I still try to fill up both cars at that station whenever possible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38730
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-09-06, 12:52

The Associated Press @AP  15 minutes ago
BREAKING: House overwhelmingly backs $7.9B aid package for Harvey victims as US disaster reserves dwindle.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-09-06, 12:53

Floyd Robertson wrote: The Associated Press @AP  15 minutes ago
BREAKING: House overwhelmingly backs $7.9B aid package for Harvey victims as US disaster reserves dwindle.
Harvey - Page 2 502811600

I think I posted this a week or so ago..

Me wrote:lemme guess..

the "small government" republican governor/legislature, et al. is begging for money/resources from the feds.. but, oddly enough, whine about "government handouts" when it's other people in need.


Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-09-06, 12:54; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-09-06, 12:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

There's dumb and then there's this piece of shat. Did I miss the part of the argument where there are enough good humans left to override supply/demand and they'll stay and sell regular-priced water or give it away because that's who they are? Dickheads stick around and gouge.

Interesting you say that. It reminds me of the hours after 9/11 and how there was a run on gas around EL (elsewhere, too, no doubt). The price of a gallon jumped for no reason other than station owner greed. I was actually nearly at an empty tank and needed to fill up for a trip out of town the next day. Damned if I was going to pay the crazy prices being demanded, let alone get in the line for a gas pump where chaos was the order of the day. I drove to the post office to grab my mail, then noticed the Marathon station next door hadn't increased their prices and they had a couple of people outside, directing cars to the next available spot in line. Things went very quickly and I asked the guy why they didn't raise prices and he said there was no reason to. I still try to fill up both cars at that station whenever possible.

Yeah, it's probably 90:10 greedy shitheads to people/businesses that will pitch in. Always good to support the latter.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2017-09-06, 12:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote: The Associated Press @AP  15 minutes ago
BREAKING: House overwhelmingly backs $7.9B aid package for Harvey victims as US disaster reserves dwindle.
Harvey - Page 2 502811600

Why you laughing, Bob? I don't know whether that's a good number or not, but it's a start.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-09-06, 12:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Harvey - Page 2 502811600

Why you laughing, Bob? I don't know whether that's a good number or not, but it's a start.
just laughing at the hypocrisy of the right.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Harvey - Page 2 Empty Re: Harvey

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum