Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers

4 posters

Go down

Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers Empty Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-03, 17:44

Unbelievable. SMGDMFH

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/montreal/quebec-offers-aid-texas-hurricane-harvey-1.4267387
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers Empty Re: Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-03, 18:28

I'm going give TX the benefit of doubt for now. Maybe it's just too soon for the kind of help Quebec is offering.

Or maybe it's a language barrier thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers Empty Re: Quebec offers work crews and supplies; TX SecState turns it all down and only wants their prayers

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-03, 18:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm going give TX the benefit of doubt for now. Maybe it's just too soon for the kind of help Quebec is offering.

Or maybe it's a language barrier thing.

That's fair. I kept waiting to see a quote where the SOS said something like "Not now, but we may need you soon. In the meantime, please keep us in your prayers." Maybe that's an unspoken understanding.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-09-04, 08:04

I'm waiting for a way to blame it on that fucker Trump.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-04, 08:58

LooseGoose wrote:I'm waiting for a way to blame it on that fucker Trump.

I don't see a way. It usually doesn't take this long for him to say something stupid on a subject. Wink
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-04, 10:47

Its never Trump's fault.
But I'm sure he consulted with his Secretaries of State, Treasury, Commerce and the acting Director of FEMA before he started tweeting about economic sanctions against China and South Korea.

Who's going to replace the 95% of consumer electronics that have components manufactured in those countries? Over 50% of residential electrical hardware like switches, dimmers, outlets and wall plates come from China. Over 90% of residential lighting and fans (ceiling and bathroom) are manufactured in China. Then consider how many dealerships in the US are dependent of selling cars with Chinese and/or S. Korean components.

How do you think that would fly in Texas when Houston and surrounding communities are looking at a massive rebuild?

We have a POTUS who tweets and never sees past the send button.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-09-04, 12:01

GRR Spartan wrote:Its never Trump's fault.  
But I'm sure he consulted with his Secretaries of State, Treasury, Commerce and the acting Director of FEMA before he started tweeting about economic sanctions against China and South Korea.

Who's going to replace the 95% of consumer electronics that have components manufactured in those countries?  Over 50% of residential electrical hardware like switches, dimmers, outlets and wall plates come from China.  Over 90% of residential lighting and fans (ceiling and bathroom) are manufactured in China.  Then consider how many dealerships in the US are dependent of selling cars with Chinese and/or S. Korean components.  

How do you think that would fly in Texas when Houston and surrounding communities are looking at a massive rebuild?

We have a POTUS who tweets and never sees past the send button.

What sanctions and penalties is going to put on his daughter for the agreements made with China for the family business at his Hotel in Florida?

LOCK HER UP!!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down