Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gretchen Whitmer?

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gretchen Whitmer?

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-04-10, 20:41

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-04-11, 08:31

It's been fun watching "pro-life" members of the GOP whining about how great of a job she's been doing in Michigan.

They wanna go to church and play golf. Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-04-11, 09:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:‘The Woman in Michigan’ Goes National

Good article.

After doing the Dem response to the state of the union, I was wondering if the Dems (at least some with a bit of pull) were trying to raise her profile for a possible future run at president. The way that she's been all over the national news even before Michigan blew up and before raising Trump's ire, seems to confirm that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-04-11, 10:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:‘The Woman in Michigan’ Goes National

Good article.

After doing the Dem response to the state of the union, I was wondering if the Dems (at least some with a bit of pull) were trying to raise her profile for a possible future run at president. The way that she's been all over the national news even before Michigan blew up and before raising Trump's ire, seems to confirm that.

She's on the VP list and for good reason.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-04-18, 21:23

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-04-18, 23:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:It's been fun watching "pro-life" members of the GOP whining about how great of a job she's been doing in Michigan.

Don't forget that all of them have a garden they need to tend in a spring snowstorm and can't get their tomato seeds.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-04-19, 01:02

I agree with most of what Whitmer is doing but if she were sincere about keeping people home she would have pulled the plug on lottery's. The fiends are still showing up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-04-19, 07:37

MattyFresh wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:It's been fun watching "pro-life" members of the GOP whining about how great of a job she's been doing in Michigan.

Don't forget that all of them have a garden they need to tend in a spring snowstorm and can't get their tomato seeds.
I know.

It would be much easier if the right would simply be honest and say "we don't like strong, independent women"..

Though the whole "we just want to plant seeds" is pretty funny.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-04-20, 08:39

The MI GOP’s lifeline is The SCOTUS will rollback districting to the legislature where they have redistricted themselves into a permanent majority.

If there was a decent chance of a chance that re-districting would threaten their majority they wouldn’t be moving to further weaken the state’s executive branch.

PS
So far as the lottery, the state has contracts with the nearly nation lotteries.  It’s another GOP manufactured canard like liquor/beer/wine sales or garden seed sales.  

Why not claim if Gov Whitmer was really serious she’d call out the MI National Guard ordering them to stock grocery shelves, require all to wear face masks outside the home, require all grocers to use only self checkout while timing your visits to 15 minutes?

PS
Here’s a COVID-19 number.. NYT’s updated COVID-19 numbers reports MI’s COVID-19 cases at 31,348. and US Census MI population 9.987M so 0.0003188% of MI has been diagnosed.

Using Powerball lottery odds as comparison, your best odds of winning $100 by matching 3 numbers and the Powerball are 1 in 14,494 or 0.00006899.

The “but it won’t happen to me” groups don’t believe in science and I’m guessing their version of math is full of self-serving exceptions as well.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-04-20, 08:51

31,000/9,900,000 is .003 or 0.3%
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-21, 02:48

She's massively botching the handling of unemployment claims.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-04-21, 05:18

The Pantry wrote:She's massively botching the handling of unemployment claims.

Please elaborate.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-04-21, 07:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Please elaborate.

She inherited a flawed system. That cover it?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-04-21, 07:33

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Please elaborate.

She inherited a flawed system. That cover it?

Yep. Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 502811600

Look, if previous administrations has just migrated to the cloud, they could have quickly scaled the additional servers needed to handle the 10000-fold increase in weekly demand. It's pretty simple. Wink
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-04-21, 07:53

Weak sauce.

Just like your expired green salsa packets.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-21, 14:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Please elaborate.
Know I'll take tons of shit for this.

Worked from home a few weeks then a bunch of us got temporarily laid off.  On the bright side, the company is maintaining our health insurance benefits.  On the other side, Michigan UIA is a clusterfuck.  

Registered online (got confirmation) then certified online for the first 2 weeks, legally claimed.  After not seeing the funds in my account couple days later went back to my UIA account.  It says the weeks I certified for are "ineligible" with no reason given.  

There is no way to contact UIA now to actually speak to someone.  Calling the phone number results in a recorded message followed by the call being disconnected.  There is an online chat option that cuts off immediately after entering your information, with this message

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 Uia_ch10

Filed a protest online nearly a week ago including documentation from my employer.  No response yet. Know of others experiencing the same.  

Week old article

Michigan's unemployment problems persist; digital infrastructure improved

Talked with my sis in NC yesterday.  She said NC is trying to hire 6500 people to answer unemployment calls.  If Whitmer is doing something similar, I'd like to see the link.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-04-21, 14:37

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Please elaborate.
Know I'll take tons of shit for this.

Worked from home a few weeks then a bunch of us got temporarily laid off.  On the bright side, the company is maintaining our health insurance benefits.  On the other side, Michigan UIA is a clusterfuck.  

Registered online (got confirmation) then certified online for the first 2 weeks, legally claimed.  After not seeing the funds in my account couple days later went back to my UIA account.  It says the weeks I certified for are "ineligible" with no reason given.  

There is no way to contact UIA now to actually speak to someone.  Calling the phone number results in a recorded message followed by the call being disconnected.  There is an online chat option that cuts off immediately after entering your information, with this message

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 Uia_ch10

Filed a protest online nearly a week ago including documentation from my employer.  No response yet.  Know of others experiencing the same.  

Week old article

Michigan's unemployment problems persist; digital infrastructure improved

Talked with my sis in NC yesterday.  She said NC is trying to hire 6500 people to answer unemployment calls.  If Whitmer is doing something similar, I'd like to see the link.

The UIA has extended call center hours by an hour every day 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and it remains open from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday. Customers in the call center and online chat queues before closing time will have their calls or chats resolved that day.

The UIA continues to increase call center resources and has nearly quadrupled staffing levels over the last several weeks. Normal staffing levels are around 130 employees. By March 30, approximately 300 staff were answering calls and by the end of this week an estimated 500 employees will be dedicated to the call center. Hundreds of additional staff will be added to the call center in the coming weeks.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/uia-upgrades-amid-pandemic/69-756db819-d1e9-498c-b382-fd04f14ab338

In all honesty the system sucks. Always has. But that's how the legislature wants it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-21, 14:57

kingstonlake wrote:https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/uia-upgrades-amid-pandemic/69-756db819-d1e9-498c-b382-fd04f14ab338

In all honesty the system sucks. Always has. But that's how the legislature wants it.
Thanks for the link. Truth is, it's not even close to working.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-04-21, 15:06

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/uia-upgrades-amid-pandemic/69-756db819-d1e9-498c-b382-fd04f14ab338

In all honesty the system sucks.  Always has.  But that's how the legislature wants it.
Thanks for the link.  Truth is, it's not even close to working.

No doubt.  Wife been laid of since late March and hasn't seen a payment.  Says "stop payment indicator"  We got through via chat a couple weeks ago and they said they needed to verify her identity (even though they have all her work records and employer info) and would send out a form. Got it Friday and it has to be to be back to them by Thursday.  I mailed it flat rate 2 day.  Tracking shows it was delivered yesterday.  We'll see.  Haven't had any luck getting through via chat.  In the cue at 8am and have yet to get a response on any day and have never been able to get through via the phone.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-21, 15:11

Here's another UIA chat message

Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 Uia_ch12
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-04-21, 15:53

Michigan has a balanced budget amendment. Whitmer is currently cutting spending (hiring freeze, laying off) since there will be NO money soon.

I believe the conservative members of our state were ecstatic Michigan could only afford what they can afford... even in an emergency. You think the conservative members of our state senate will grant Whitmer to borrow for this? or anything? (lol)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-04-21, 15:56

BTW, My kid who lost his Student assistant job with the state is getting the $600 unemployment bonus... Got like a 2-300 per week raise for being on unemployment. (For the fiscally conservative TEA party people complaining about "deficit") lol
Trump's name is on the check if you want someone to blame.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-21, 16:06

Thanks for your comments, FarLEFTJoe.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-04-21, 16:43

You guys are lucky to have her. Imagine how bad the crisis would be with that previous asshole that was content to let people die of lead poisoning to save a few bucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-21, 16:46

steveschneider wrote:You guys are lucky to have her. Imagine how bad the crisis would be with that previous asshole that was content to let people die of lead poisoning to save a few bucks.
You don't live here and have no experience with what's going on here. Please STFU
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-04-21, 18:12

steveschneider wrote:You guys are lucky to have her. Imagine how bad the crisis would be with that previous asshole that was content to let people die of lead poisoning to save a few bucks.

Yep, our businesses most likely would never have been closed. Just came out he was covering up his lies about Flint. I hope he goes to prison. If it was my kid who had lead poisoning he wouldn't have to worry about Prison.

She's done some great things. We've gone from third down to 6th as far as States go for the virus. She 's messed up, in my opinion, a couple of times. My boys from Manistee think I'm nuts for buying meat. They hunt and fish I'd bet 50 out of 52 weekends. They have solo boats with troll motors in them to fish. I knew the sheriffs up there in Manistee and Mason would not give a shit if they kept going out in boats. They often go out all alone. I have a problem with letting paddle boats out, but not troll motor boats out. There are so many fishermen up there and there is a lot of square feet of lake. However, if she bans motor boats, ban every boat. But explain why. Maybe I"m not reading enough, but I don't get soe of the stuff. I'm followign it and will, she' s making this work. But somethings are puzzling. Which just means I'm probably not all that smart.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-04-21, 18:23

A lot of the stuff doesn't make sense logically but I think the bigger point is being missed when one attempts to break it down to that level. Stay the fuck home. 4 weeks, we're asking you for 4 weeks do not go out to do something that your livelihood doesn't depend on. Are those hunters and fisherman only able to eat because they hunt and fish? It's 4 weeks, go buy some fucking ground beef or open your freezer and take something out.

I totally sympathize with those who are unable to make a living during the shut down and if people want to be pissed about the other stuff and how some of it is hard to rationalize that's their right, but I think the overall point was stay the fuck home for 4 weeks please.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-04-21, 18:24

she's done a great job.

And nothing says "she's done a great job" more than the fact that right wing misogynists are outraged at how great of a job she's done.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-04-21, 18:31

Reads like one of her daily updates but she made the NYT oped Page today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/21/opinion/gretchen-whitmer-coronavirus-michigan.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

She’s a great Spartan and a great Michigander. She saved life’s. I also expect she will open up the economy as well as anyone could by finding the right balance of safety and keeping the economy moving.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-04-21, 18:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:A lot of the stuff doesn't make sense logically but I think the bigger point is being missed when one attempts to break it down to that level. Stay the fuck home. 4 weeks, we're asking you for 4 weeks do not go out to do something that your livelihood doesn't depend on. Are those hunters and fisherman only able to eat because they hunt and fish? It's 4 weeks, go buy some fucking ground beef or open your freezer and take something out.

I totally sympathize with those who are unable to make a living during the shut down and if people want to be pissed about the other stuff and how some of it is hard to rationalize that's their right, but I think the overall point was stay the fuck home for 4 weeks please.

I agree. Four weeks is do able and it is the patriotic thing to do.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-04-21, 18:36

DWags wrote:

Yep, our businesses most likely would never have been closed. Just came out he was covering up his lies about Flint. I hope he goes to prison. If it was my kid who had lead poisoning he wouldn't have to worry about Prison.

She's done some great things. We've gone from third down to 6th as far as States go for the virus. She 's messed up, in my opinion, a couple of times. My boys from Manistee think I'm nuts for buying meat. They hunt and fish I'd bet 50 out of 52 weekends. They have solo boats with troll motors in them to fish. I knew the sheriffs up there in Manistee and Mason would not give a shit if they kept going out in boats. They often go out all alone. I have a problem with letting paddle boats out, but not troll motor boats out. There are so many fishermen up there and there is a lot of square feet of lake. However, if she bans motor boats, ban every boat. But explain why. Maybe I"m not reading enough, but I don't get soe of the stuff. I'm followign it and will, she' s making this work. But somethings are puzzling. Which just means I'm probably not all that smart.

If I had to guess she had no choice as far as fishing goes. Keeping fishing open means travel. People would lose their minds if you told them they couldn't drive to Manistee to catch steelhead but locals can. Alot of people who fish, travel to do so. That means stopping for gas, stopping at the convenience store, stopping for bait, stopping at the grocery store for supplies. The act of fishing isn't the problem I'd guess. It's the travel and other shit. Gretchen Whitmer? - Page 4 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-22, 16:47

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-04-22, 21:43

I thought The Pantry as so but hurt he headed to Wells?

Guess Dwags and other Swillers aren’t so bad after all.

What happened to “Elections have consequences” mantra?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-04-22, 21:47

Some guy I’ve never heard of says some stuff on YouTube. Change mind factor: 0.00000000000023857
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-04-22, 21:52

The Pantry wrote:Thanks for your comments, FarLEFTJoe.
They are going to kick you out of the women hating racist club if you disagree with the Balance Budget Amendment Pantry. That actually affects the devos' tax tab. (The only reason for a republican party in mi... Well and lip service to retards)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-22, 23:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thanks for your comments, FarLEFTJoe.
They are going to kick you out of the women hating racist club if you disagree with the Balance Budget Amendment Pantry. That actually affects the devos' tax tab. (The only reason for a republican party in mi... Well and lip service to retards)
Careful, FarLEFTJoe.  You'll offend more than just myself.

Whitmer's stooge with the latest smoke-n-mirrors

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-04-23, 09:37

Wait... Pantry='s Bee? Will I also have to school you on the bible?

BTW... state layoffs. No money='s no money. And conversely, slow service.
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/2020/04/22/michigan-state-workers-layoffs-coronavirus-whitmer-economy/3003401001/
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-04-23, 09:39

The Pantry wrote:
Careful, FarLEFTJoe.  You'll offend more than just myself.
True... shouldn't have used that term. We'll just call them "Republicans" and keep the connotation.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-04-23, 10:02

Given the prior biggest week of employment claims of 628,000 was in March 2009, I guess the critics going after every state governor including Whitmer think the states (including MI) should have been ready to process over 26M clams over the last five weeks.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-04-23, 10:30

GRR Spartan wrote:Given the prior biggest week of employment claims of 628,000 was in March 2009, I guess the critics going after every state governor including Whitmer think the states (including MI) should have been ready to process over 26M clams over the last five weeks.
My BIL is trying in FL to keep filing for unemployment. He's only getting $275/wk and the website keeps timing out on him. I've never filed for UE, so I'm not sure how the process works, does he need to file separately for the federal UE? Also, his family applied for food stamps, everyone was approved except for one of his daughters. They asked me why she was denied, I have no idea. There are 6 of them, maybe there is a cap? Anyway, for 6, they will get $325/month in food stamps, or whatever its called. No idea how a family is supposed to live off of that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum