Class warfare

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Class warfare Empty Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-07-23, 19:27

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Heat Miser on 2018-07-23, 19:32

I've heard there are more jobs than people right now so this shouldn't be a problem.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5807
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Rocinante on 2018-07-23, 22:41

Bernanko and HamNo, why do you hate The Market (tm)
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17954
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-08-09, 15:01

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-09, 15:24

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

Of course it's class warfare... It has been since the Gilded age. The masses were holding their own for a while, then Reagan slaughtered it with voodoo economics AND allowed the propaganda machines to take hold of the dolts among us....

We are wallowing in the shithole of those changes today.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Heat Miser on 2018-08-09, 15:39

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

Of course it's class warfare... It has been since the Gilded age. The masses were holding their own for a while, then Reagan slaughtered it with voodoo economics AND allowed the propaganda machines to take hold of the dolts among us....

We are wallowing in the shithole of those changes today.

Problem is that a large part of one class is willfully conned by the other class because guns/Jesus/abortion/brown people/owning the libs. "Here dumbass, look at these shiny things while we take your money & laugh at you over dinner at the country club."
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Posts : 5807
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-09, 15:44

Heat Miser wrote:"Here dumbass, look at these shiny things while we take your money & laugh at you over dinner at the country club."

Agree.

Will the Dems ever own this? They haven't yet.

Political Ad idea. Show a fucking graph of marginal tax rates over laying a graph of income disparity. Say the words ... slowly ... If you want to make america great again. Fix the marginal tax rates.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by kingstonlake on 2018-08-09, 17:16

Once the rich/corporate America own enough of the wealth, socialism in it's purist form will take over.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14908
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-08-09, 17:50

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:"Here dumbass, look at these shiny things while we take your money & laugh at you over dinner at the country club."

Agree.

Will the Dems ever own this? They haven't yet.

Political Ad idea. Show a fucking graph of marginal tax rates over laying a graph of income disparity. Say the words ... slowly ... If you want to make america great again. Fix the marginal tax rates.

So your plan is to reach the idiots using graphs?

Bold strategy, Cotton...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-08-15, 14:12

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-21, 13:10

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-08-21, 13:23

America is a stupid country.

Republicans know that and take advantage of it. I think Democrats like to believe that people are smarter/less gullible than they really are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38846
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-21, 13:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is a stupid country.

Republicans know that and take advantage of it. I think Democrats like to believe that people are smarter/less gullible than they really are.


Agree. Dems need to state the obvious.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-08-21, 14:00


Every time I see a story like that, I am reminded that so much of what we talk about nowadays is just a distraction from the truly important issues. Plutocratic sleight of hand, if you will.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-08-21, 14:09

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is a stupid country.

Republicans know that and take advantage of it. I think Democrats like to believe that people are smarter/less gullible than they really are.


Agree. Dems need to state the obvious.
did you hear that coal is making a comeback??

Class warfare 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38846
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-21, 15:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Agree. Dems need to state the obvious.
did you hear that coal is making a comeback??

Class warfare 502811600

Zactly.

Dem Ad Premise: "The purpose of the Republican tax cut was to blow the deficit up so they can take away your social security and medicare, all while giving a big payout to really really rich guys (not you, no really... not you). Continue to vote for Republicans if you agree with that."
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-08-21, 15:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Agree. Dems need to state the obvious.
did you hear that coal is making a comeback??

Class warfare 502811600

Clean coal!
Class warfare 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37663
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-08-21, 15:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Agree. Dems need to state the obvious.
did you hear that coal is making a comeback??

Class warfare 502811600

Wait, I though we were just focusing on "clean" coal? Wink
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22024
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-08-21, 15:26

Jinx buy me a coke....
Class warfare Maxresdefault
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-08-24, 10:47

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-09-14, 10:02

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-09-14, 19:33


Hamilton Nolan sounds like a communist. Maybe someone else should have created Amazon.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22024
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Rocinante on 2018-09-14, 19:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Hamilton Nolan sounds like a communist. Maybe someone else should have created Amazon.

He’s not a communist but he leans pretty far to socialist. Those are different things floyd.

Also. Tax Ritchie people more and we don’t have to worry about where the crumbs from their tables fall.

Also. Break up the big tech companies. They are monopolies.

Also. Power to the people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17954
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-09-14, 20:41

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Hamilton Nolan sounds like a communist.  Maybe someone else should have created Amazon.

He’s not a communist but he leans pretty far to socialist. Those are different things floyd.

Also. Tax Ritchie people more and we don’t have to worry about where the crumbs from their tables fall.

Also. Break up the big tech companies. They are monopolies.

Also. Power to the people.

Sounds good Che.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 21751
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-09-18, 09:21

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-10-11, 11:23

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Rocinante on 2018-10-11, 13:51


Watch how the Trump Administration tiptoes around the assissination of a critic of the new Saudi regime by the crown prince. Can you imagine a world where Saudi Arabia is punished even a little for this brazen human rights violation (as if the bombings and sieges in Yemen - which we are a part of - are not enough)? The world is following Trump / Putin's lead. Strongmen (fascists) are in vogue. How do we get out of this without large scale wars?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17954
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-10-11, 13:53

Rocinante wrote:

Watch how the Trump Administration tiptoes around the assissination of a critic of the new Saudi regime by the crown prince. Can you imagine a world where Saudi Arabia is punished even a little for this brazen human rights violation (as if the bombings and sieges in Yemen - which we are a part of - are not enough)? The world is following Trump / Putin's lead. Strongmen (fascists) are in vogue. How do we get out of this without large scale wars?
maybe a large scale war is what we need.

you know the racist, bigoted sexual predator and his friends aren't sending their kids to fight - that leaves the children of the deplorables..

of course, they'll probably blame it on the colored boy or the evil grandmother with the email account.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38846
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Rocinante on 2018-10-11, 14:01

maybe a large scale war is what we need.

You just made Dick Cheney cum. I don't like that kind of talk, Bob. War is never what we "need".
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17954
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-10-11, 14:11

Rocinante wrote:
maybe a large scale war is what we need.

You just made Dick Cheney cum.  I don't like that kind of talk, Bob.  War is never what we "need".
that's the point.

Dick Cheney's mutant offspring wouldn't fight - they would leave it to the deplorables. So.. maybe the deplorables, when faced with the thought of their children being sent off to war, would come to their senses and stop supporting someone with the IQ of a creek rock.

(I realize that I'm giving the deplorables way too much credit here as it relates to critical thinking. They're gonna send their children off to get murdered, some knuckle-dragger will write a country song about it, the racist, bigoted sexual predator will blame colored people and his popularity with the brain-dead masses will spike).

it's sometimes difficult being a non-stupid person living in a stupid country... I mean, it's funny - to point and laugh - and mock the stupidity of others. As long as you understand where we are.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 38846
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-10-11, 16:23

Rocinante wrote:

Watch how the Trump Administration tiptoes around the assissination of a critic of the new Saudi regime by the crown prince.  Can you imagine a world where Saudi Arabia is punished even a little for this brazen human rights violation (as if the bombings and sieges in Yemen - which we are a part of - are not enough)?  The world is following Trump / Putin's lead.  Strongmen (fascists) are in vogue.  How do we get out of this without large scale wars?

The only way out is through. It will probably get much worse before it gets better. But the pendulum is always in motion.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-11-16, 17:17

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by steveschneider on 2018-11-16, 17:44

Saw Steve Ballmer on Real Time talking about his wealth. He agreed no one person should have as much money as him and he’s in the process of “giving it away” and he’s coming up with projects for children charities. Why is it always kids? There’s vets living in tent cities in Florida and with little money at all this guy could improve their lives.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25174
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-11-16, 18:50

steveschneider wrote:Saw Steve Ballmer on Real Time talking about his wealth. He agreed no one person should have as much money as him and he’s in the process of “giving it away” and he’s coming up with projects for children charities. Why is it always kids? There’s vets living in tent cities in Florida and with little money at all this guy could improve their lives.

I think about things like that. Jeff Bezos could personally see to it that every human on Earth has easy access to potable water and still have enough cash left over to buy every NFL team. The fact that he doesn't tells me all I need to know about him.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2018-11-19, 12:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You just made Dick Cheney cum.  I don't like that kind of talk, Bob.  War is never what we "need".
that's the point.

Dick Cheney's mutant offspring wouldn't fight - they would leave it to the deplorables. So.. maybe the deplorables, when faced with the thought of their children being sent off to war, would come to their senses and stop supporting someone with the IQ of a creek rock.

(I realize that I'm giving the deplorables way too much credit here as it relates to critical thinking. They're gonna send their children off to get murdered, some knuckle-dragger will write a country song about it, the racist, bigoted sexual predator will blame colored people and his popularity with the brain-dead masses will spike).

it's sometimes difficult being a non-stupid person living in a stupid country... I mean, it's funny - to point and laugh - and mock the stupidity of others. As long as you understand where we are.


No they wouldn't... Too much military worship in this country. The deplorables would send their babies off (to defend a "Trump Tower/Golf Resort" in Saudi Arabia or some shit) and die... Then plaster stickers on their trucks and be the people of honor at the local high school's homecoming game next year...

Too difficult to admit to themselves their kid's life amounted to a disposable pawn in wealthy powerful people's whims. Hell, look at desert storm. How many military families from that disaster laid blame solely on Chaney/W? Zero political backlash... The deplorables died protecting "FREEDOM"... of course it was Saudi Freedom from Iranian interference in their oil cartel, and W's boner to out do his daddy....(but they didn't need to know that.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3175
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by steveschneider on 2018-11-20, 12:19

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Saw Steve Ballmer on Real Time talking about his wealth. He agreed no one person should have as much money as him and he’s in the process of “giving it away” and he’s coming up with projects for children charities. Why is it always kids? There’s vets living in tent cities in Florida and with little money at all this guy could improve their lives.

I think about things like that. Jeff Bezos could personally see to it that every human on Earth has easy access to potable water and still have enough cash left over to buy every NFL team. The fact that he doesn't tells me all I need to know about him.

Yeah, or just doing something about poverty in our own country. We were driving out to Massachusetts on the Taconic Parkway. It’s an old scenic highway that connects up to the Berkshires. You pass by super wealthy towns like Rhinebeck and Hudson. Bard and Vassar College are nearby. Then there’s Poughkeepsie. You stop in that town and the despair is so palpable. Just seems like a crime ridden city that’s past its days of glory and is left to rot. The best hope for Poughkeepsie is it’s proximity to the city and maybe people priced out will move there. The best thing it has going is it has a MetroNorth and Amtrak hub there. Then there’s other small towns past Hudson if you stop there it feels like a third world country. Rotting infrastructure, dilapidated houses. No cafes, bars, movie theaters, bookstores, libraries. Seems like the only activity in town where locals interact is at the local gas station where the shelves are stocked with beer, sodas, energy drinks or crummy gas station food. I can’t imagine anyone growing up in these towns having the same opportunities in life that I had and under no circumstances can I picture the quality of life improving their.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25174
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Cameron on 2018-11-20, 19:54

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7018
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 31
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by steveschneider on 2018-11-27, 11:01

GM cuts 14,000 jobs

8,000 white collar jobs and roughly 6,000 blue collar jobs.

Most likely those people are going to end up working low pay service industry jobs that are just going to get replaced by computers and robots.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25174
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Rocinante on 2018-11-27, 11:26

steveschneider wrote:GM cuts 14,000 jobs

8,000 white collar jobs and roughly 6,000 blue collar jobs.

Most likely those people are going to end up working low pay service industry jobs that are just going to get replaced by computers and robots.

Yeah but it didn't happen until after the midterms, so it's the Democrats' fault.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17954
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Class warfare Empty Re: Class warfare

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum