Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway.

+5
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
9 posters

Go down

Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway. Empty Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway.

Post by InTenSity 10/2/2018, 11:52 pm

Thought this was pretty good.

Another anguished post from a Trump supporter: "Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?"

The serious answer.

Sigh; we do sometimes fall into that rhetorical trap, out of frustration, but if we were to be 100% honest with you we would admit that we find quite a few people on our own side stupid as well, mostly people who have boiled all the complicated issues into slogans and really don't comprehend what they're saying. I think you guys probably look at the dumber of your compatriots and think, "Jesus, this guy's barely rubbing his brain cells together, but at least he can wave a sign."

No, this is what we really think about Trump supporters, the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't.

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2018, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are *less* flattering.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway. Empty Re: Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/3/2018, 5:17 am

Pretty well stated.

I remember telling the republican snowflakes after they elected the racist, bigoted sexual predator that it was going to be a long four years for them with all of the mocking I was gonna do.

And, yes, people who support him are deplorable human beings.. and that's about the nicest thing that can be said about them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway. Empty Re: Saw this on Facebook, but Republicans won't post here anyway.

Post by DWags 10/3/2018, 7:26 am

I guess what has opened my eyes in all of this is that I never realized how many of those type of people there are in our country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/3/2018, 7:50 am

DWags wrote:I guess what has opened my eyes in all of this is that I never realized how many of those type of people there are in our country.
yeah - as you know, they've always been here. During more moral, ethical and respectable times, it was inappropriate for them to be outspoken about their loathsome contempt for human decency. Now that one of their own is in a position of power, they feel emboldened.

Thankfully, there are more of us than there are of them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 10/3/2018, 8:03 am

When the orange pig mocked Dr. ford last night women were visible on camera waving Trump signs and laughing along. They say we aren’t supposed to call these people racists or morons but they aren’t doing much to help the cause.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/3/2018, 8:09 am

steveschneider wrote:When the orange pig mocked Dr. ford last night women were visible on camera waving Trump signs and laughing along. They say we aren’t supposed to call these people racists or morons but they aren’t doing much to help the cause.
if they don't want to be called racists, misogynists, bigots, etc - maybe they should stop giving us a reason to call them that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 10/3/2018, 2:10 pm

DWags wrote:I guess what has opened my eyes in all of this is that I never realized how many of those type of people there are in our country.

Thing is, you don't know it unless you dig into it. I met some really cool people recently through my wife's work... personable, would give you the shirt off their back, funny, welcoming, professional. Then 3 months later, the conversation hits something political and BAM... I thought "Holy shit, they are right wing morons." I so wanted to push them to equate the "republican" with the "good person" thing but it was wife's work, so I didn't.

Frankly, I would bet bee is like that IRL too.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/3/2018, 2:21 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Thing is, you don't know it unless you dig into it. I met some really cool people recently through my wife's work... personable, would give you the shirt off their back, funny, welcoming. Then 3 months later, the conversation hits something political and BAM... I thought "Holy shit, they are right wing morons." I so wanted to push them to equate the "republican" with the "good person" thing but it was wife's work, so I didn't.

I stopped by Stober's Friday night - some knuckle-draggers were sitting at the bar toasting Brett Kavanaugh.

I wasn't sure what was going on - they weren't loud about it, and I had no idea what they were doing at the time - but a young lady, for whatever reason, walks over to me with this certain look on her face. She literally needed help. Her eyes were welled with tears..

I guess I have a fairly welcoming affect about me (part of my job, I guess) - so I looked at her and I go "are you okay" - she was shaking. The words she heard from these guys reminded her of a sexual assault experience she had been through. These guys, drunk, laughing, toasting a sexual predator at a bar on a Friday evening - had her reeling. She confided in me that their behavior and actions were the same sounds she experienced during her assault.

we talked for a couple of minutes.. walked away from the other people - luckily, she had 3 friends meeting her there and they walked through the door not long after she approached me. We (me and the young lady) downplayed our incident but she was okay and I felt okay leaving her with her friends. They went off and got a table.

so - imagine last night - a sexual predator.. someone who, on audio, is bragging about how he likes to "grab 'em by the pussy" - and the potential that has to impact our daughters, our sisters, our moms.. and he's being cheered on.. with uproarious laughter.

Just like what happened to Dr. Ford.. and just like what happened to the young lady at Stober's the other evening.

so disgusting.. the country we live in.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 10/3/2018, 2:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Thing is, you don't know it unless you dig into it. I met some really cool people recently through my wife's work... personable, would give you the shirt off their back, funny, welcoming. Then 3 months later, the conversation hits something political and BAM... I thought "Holy shit, they are right wing morons." I so wanted to push them to equate the "republican" with the "good person" thing but it was wife's work, so I didn't.

I stopped by Stober's Friday night - some knuckle-draggers were sitting at the bar toasting Brett Kavanaugh.

I wasn't sure what was going on - they weren't loud about it, and I had no idea what they were doing at the time - but a young lady, for whatever reason, walks over to me with this certain look on her face. She literally needed help. Her eyes were welled with tears..

I guess I have a fairly welcoming affect about me (part of my job, I guess) - so I looked at her and I go "are you okay" - she was shaking. The words she heard from these guys reminded her of a sexual assault experience she had been through. These guys, drunk, laughing, toasting a sexual predator at a bar on a Friday evening - had her reeling. She confided in me that their behavior and actions were the same sounds she experienced during her assault.

we talked for a couple of minutes.. walked away from the other people - luckily, she had 3 friends meeting her there and they walked through the door not long after she approached me. We (me and the young lady) downplayed our incident but she was okay and I felt okay leaving her with her friends. They went off and got a table.

so - imagine last night - a sexual predator.. someone who, on audio, is bragging about how he likes to "grab 'em by the pussy" - and the potential that has to impact our daughters, our sisters, our moms.. and he's being cheered on.. with uproarious laughter.

Just like what happened to Dr. Ford.. and just like what happened to the young lady at Stober's the other evening.

so disgusting.. the country we live in.

Yeah, I said it earlier I'm realizing I don't understand men.

My wife told me a story about her boss that was doing some internet dating this spring. Met a dude, and was seeing him for a few months. At any rate it was one of the days when a mass shooting was dominating the news cycle and the guy talked about the government was out to take peoples guns and he mentioned Sandy Hook was a hoax.

Relation ship ended that day, but up to that point she had no idea he had those thoughts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 10/3/2018, 2:43 pm

I've got plenty of friends and relatives with horrifying viewpoints who are otherwise decent people, to the best of my knowledge. I struggle to wrap my head around it.

They all can't be this easily duped (I know for a fact that several of my Trump supporting friends and relatives have measurably above average intelligence), but they all seem sincere in their support for the Trump administration, which doesn't seem possible either.

Maybe I'm the crazy one. Down is up, night is day, what you're seeing and hearing is not what's happening. Fuck me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 10/3/2018, 2:49 pm

Cameron wrote:I've got plenty of friends and relatives with horrifying viewpoints who are otherwise decent people, to the best of my knowledge. I struggle to wrap my head around it.

They all can't be this easily duped (I know for a fact that several of my Trump supporting friends and relatives have measurably above average intelligence), but they all seem sincere in their support for the Trump administration, which doesn't seem possible either.

Maybe I'm the crazy one. Down is up, night is day, what you're seeing and hearing is not what's happening. Fuck me.

You can still be intelligent and hold an unreasonable amount of pent up anger and retaliatory vengence for Obama getting elected. To abandon Trump now would just verify it. They've kinda painted themselves into a corner and have to pretend not to see what's in front of their faces at this point.

Oh, and the Clinton's!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 10/3/2018, 3:15 pm

Are they super anti abortion Cam? That’s what gets my mom. My sister is more like “the Democrats are terrible so whatever Trump does doesn’t matter.” It’s about the Supreme Court and immigration for her.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 10/3/2018, 6:07 pm

Rocinante wrote:Are they super anti abortion Cam? That’s what gets my mom. My sister is more like “the Democrats are terrible so whatever Trump does doesn’t matter.” It’s about the Supreme Court and immigration for her.

My relatives generally fall in to the anti-abortion/religious right category (with a dash of "own the libs" thrown in), but most of my friends that support Trump don't give two shits about fetuses. There's definitely some 4chan influence I don't fully comprehend, but I don't think that's all there is to it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 10/3/2018, 6:09 pm

It's worth noting that my friend who has supported Trump the longest and loves Trump the most was born in Russia and got adopted by an American family at 13.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 10/3/2018, 7:33 pm

Everybody loves the idea of being in the cool kids club. That's what young dudes who like Trump / Putin are about: Some club they think they'd be a part of that would give them some kind of advantage and that their privilege would be institutionalized and protected by threat of violence. In other words, they don't want to be Nazis but they sure like the idea of what being a nazi would get them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 10/3/2018, 11:55 pm

This. I take my girls to the park a lot. It's a nice park in a nice neighborhood. A busy park. There are people walking their dogs, jogging, playing with their kids in the sandbox. Normal people. Good people. And then it hits me that at least half of them, and probably more like 2/3ds, voted for Trump and I can't figure it out. How can this many reasonable people see what's going on on a daily basis in this country and yet still support this guy? I don't get it.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/4/2018, 5:30 am

y2kMgrad wrote:

This. I take my girls to the park a lot. It's a nice park in a nice neighborhood. A busy park. There are people walking their dogs, jogging, playing with their kids in the sandbox. Normal people. Good people. And then it hits me that at least half of them, and probably more like 2/3ds, voted for Trump and I can't figure it out. How can this many reasonable people see what's going on on a daily basis in this country and yet still support this guy? I don't get it.
in a society that is drowning in a quagmire of social media and reality TV, it's no surprise that the racist, bigoted sexual predator is a product of social media and reality TV.

When more people know the contestants on Dancing With the Stars than who the Speaker of the House is, you're gonna be in trouble.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 10/4/2018, 8:38 am

from an article in something called "The Atlantic":

Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty.

It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright. The president’s ability to execute that cruelty through word and deed makes them euphoric. It makes them feel good, it makes them feel proud, it makes them feel happy, it makes them feel united. And as long as he makes them feel that way, they will let him get away with anything, no matter what it costs them.

seems quite accurate and what many of us have been saying for years.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down