Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

+22
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
GRR Spartan
msugolfguy
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
Dr. Strangelove
InTenSity
DWags
26 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 17:45

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Shes much stupider than I thought and far less entertaining on Twitter since she took office.

I don't really think she's on the GOP payroll but by God she's acting like she is. She's what Stalin called a useful idiot.

I can't believe she got leading Dem Presidential hopefuls to fall all over themselves to endorse that crap they dropped yesterday. It reads like a transcript of a focus group of stoned high school kids The GOP has probably already started making the ads.

If this shit keeps up Nancy will have her primaried

Pelosi is not on board.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 17:55

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

She did not say the world will end in 12 years. Rolling Eyes

Also, I just read that document. Have you read it? Because it does not contain the words "eliminate fossil fuels entirely". So no, she didn't say that either. Are you making this shit up yourself or getting it from Faux News?

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 Captur28

It appears you fail to understand the meaning of the word "net".
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 17:57

kingstonlake wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:Heres her world is going to end soundbite

Thank You. Hadn't found the correct link.

She's characterizing the concern of "this generation" and "millineals", not stating her belief.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 17:58

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Shes much stupider than I thought and far less entertaining on Twitter since she took office.

I don't really think she's on the GOP payroll but by God she's acting like she is. She's what Stalin called a useful idiot.

I can't believe she got leading Dem Presidential hopefuls to fall all over themselves to endorse that crap they dropped yesterday. It reads like a transcript of a focus group of stoned high school kids The GOP has probably already started making the ads.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1966794946 You fit the title of this thread perfectly.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:00

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 Captur28

It appears you fail to understand the meaning of the word "net".

How do you plan on getting to net zero without the elimination of Carbon dioxide?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:03

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

She's characterizing the concern of "this generation" and "millineals", not stating her belief.

Do I believe she thinks the world is ending in 12 years? I seriously doubt it. But that's not the point. The point is what resonates with voters. Like I said, this isn't the kind of things Dem's should have to worry about come primaries/general. It losing focus on the idiot in the oval office. None of us need AOC questions or topics in a debate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:06

Google is your friend, but I'll admit it's far easier to just say "this crazy brown woman says she wants to eliminate fossil fuels entirely". tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1550444538

Can we get to net zero emissions?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:10

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Do I believe she thinks the world is ending in 12 years? I seriously doubt it. But that's not the point. The point is what resonates with voters. Like I said, this isn't the kind of things Dem's should have to worry about come primaries/general. It losing focus on the idiot in the oval office. None of us need AOC questions or topics in a debate.

That's your opinion & you're welcome to it. I'm sure lots of Wingnut talking heads would like to propagate that opinion. The voters you think that resonates with are not the voters we're after. And don't worry about the idiot. He'll do plenty of idiot things to attract focus.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:10

Heat Miser wrote:

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1966794946 You fit the title of this thread perfectly.

Hardly.

I like her but she's inexperienced and she's not helping herself right now. And the GOP is kicking their chops at making her the postergirl of the Democrat party.

It's like they didn't even edit that crap....farting cows and banning airplanes?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:12

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Hardly.

I like her but she's inexperienced and she's not helping herself right now. And the GOP is kicking their chops at making her the postergirl of the Democrat party.

It's like they didn't even edit that crap....farting cows and banning airplanes?

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1494614055 Yeah, not at all worried about the GOP "making her the postergirl of the Democrat party". I'm sure the "base" will love it, but we're not after them anyway.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:15

Heat Miser wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Hardly.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1494614055 Yeah, not at all worried about the GOP "making her the postergirl of the Democrat party". I'm sure the "base" will love it, but we're not after them anyway.

You think you're getting Joe Union back by talking about banning boats, cars and planes? And jacking his electrical and hearing costs?

The people she appeals to you've already got. But her potential to scare the living shit out of some guy in Minnesota who voted for Obama twice but either sat out 16 or voted for Trump is immense
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:17

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

You think you're getting Joe Union back by talking about banning boats, cars and planes? And jacking his electrical and hearing costs?

The people she appeals to you've already got. But her potential to scare the living shit out of some guy in Minnesota who voted for Obama twice but either sat out 16 or voted for Trump is immense

Meh, it's still Pelosi's party. AOC is still very junior and though she's able to drum up some enthusiasm on issues and can slay it on twitter lets not get carried away.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:18

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Hardly.

Drama much? You sound like Hannity. "banning boats, cars and planes" tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1550444538
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:32

Heat Miser wrote:
Drama much? You sound like Hannity. "banning boats, cars and planes" tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1550444538

https://www.heartland.org/publications-resources/publications/green-new-deal-fact-sheet-and-faq-from-rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-and-sen-edward-markey
We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast

Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle

Their words. Fully get rid of airplanes and replacing every combustion engine vehicle.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:36

Heat Miser wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Hardly.

Heat, I think moderates and independents are going to have some serious issues with her. And like it or not she will be one of the faces of the Dem party. The GOP will point to her and say "This is what they are becoming, this is where they want to go." Sorry midwest guy with the ORV, pick up, snowmobile, or cabin up north. And it doesn't matter if its true or not, exaggerated or not. It will only take a certain % to go into the voting booth fearing we're headed at 150mph on an electric train into making people unwilling to work financially stable.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:40

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

https://www.heartland.org/publications-resources/publications/green-new-deal-fact-sheet-and-faq-from-rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-and-sen-edward-markey
We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast

Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle

Their words. Fully get rid of airplanes and replacing every combustion engine vehicle.

That is not "banning boats, cars and planes". Electric cars already exist. Electric boats are not a stretch. Nor are electric airplanes. Your faux panic over any of this is hilarious.

And for the 3rd time today, goals are ok. We often fall short of our goals. That doesn't mean you don't try.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:44

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Hardly.

Heat, I think moderates and independents are going to have some serious issues with her.  And like it or not she will be one of the faces of the Dem party.  The GOP will point to her and say "This is what they are becoming, this is where they want to go."  Sorry midwest guy with the ORV, pick up, snowmobile, or cabin up north.  And it doesn't matter if its true or not, exaggerated or not.  It will only take a certain % to go into the voting booth fearing we're headed at 150mph on an electric train into making people unwilling to work financially stable.  

If that's the best they've got, good for them. [insert Nancy Pelosi golf clap here] Game on.

The time of tip-toeing around for fear of the Wingnuts latching onto something is over.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:00

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Heat, I think moderates and independents are going to have some serious issues with her.  And like it or not she will be one of the faces of the Dem party.  The GOP will point to her and say "This is what they are becoming, this is where they want to go."  Sorry midwest guy with the ORV, pick up, snowmobile, or cabin up north.  And it doesn't matter if its true or not, exaggerated or not.  It will only take a certain % to go into the voting booth fearing we're headed at 150mph on an electric train into making people unwilling to work financially stable.  

If that's the best they've got, good for them. [insert Nancy Pelosi golf clap here] Game on.

The time of tip-toeing around for fear of the Wingnuts latching onto something is over.

You're not a wing nut if you oppose economic security for those unwilling to work.
You're not a wing nut if you oppose eliminating airplanes if you want to visit Hawaii. Hell Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, laughed at the idea.
You're not a wing nut if you oppose a "federal job guarantee"

Look, it's a non binding resolution. I get it. But count me out and I loath the guy in the oval office and his R enablers.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:06

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You're not a wing nut if you oppose economic security for those unwilling to work.
You're not a wing nut if you oppose eliminating airplanes if you want to visit Hawaii. Hell Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, laughed at the idea.

Look, it's a non binding resolution. I get it. But count me out and I loath the guy in the oval office and his R enablers.

So you're saying you'd vote for the guy you say you "loath", and all of the vile things he's actually done, rather than his opponent, whomever it is, because of something that MIGHT happen in 31 years? Yeah, I think we have different definitions of "loath".
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:13

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

So you're saying you'd vote for the guy you say you "loath", and all of the vile things he's actually done, rather than his opponent, whomever it is, because of something that MIGHT happen in 31 years? Yeah, I think we have different definitions of "loath".

I'd never vote for the guy. I'm not a swing voter in 2020. I'm just saying those that are and did, aren't going to be pulled away by stuff like this. There's a great opportunity here. Keep the focus in HIM. Don't give them fuel. I strongly suspect Pelosi is going to have a heart to heart with her eventually.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:17

Livestock is a MAJOR contributor to methane in the atmosphere. I’m ok with it being referenced as farting cows because it’s funny. But it’s also true.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:19

I love watching the right wingers buy into the mainstream media fear mongering and lies.

The bar tending brown woman is coming for our airplanes!!! tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 502811600

and I ain't laughing because it's a bunch of lies... I'm laughing because it's a bunch of lies that will work on stupid Americans.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:20; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:20

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I'd never vote for the guy. I'm not a swing voter in 2020. I'm just saying those that are and did, aren't going to be pulled away by stuff like this. There's a great opportunity here. Keep the focus in HIM. Don't give them fuel. I strongly suspect Pelosi is going to have a heart to heart with her eventually.

People who are looking for any excuse to vote for Orange Fuckface will find one. Last time around it was emails/woman/etc. This time it'll be "socialism" or something equally moronic. It doesn't matter. Racists gonna racist. The days of wishy-washy Dems trying to please everyone are over [fingers crossed].
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:21

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

People who are looking for any excuse to vote for Orange Fuckface will find one. Last time around it was emails/woman/etc. This time it'll be "socialism" or something equally moronic. It doesn't matter. Racists gonna racist. The days of wishy-washy Dems trying to please everyone are over [fingers crossed].
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 19:23

Heat Miser wrote:

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 502811600

at least we've found someone to take up Goose's commitment to the mainstream media.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:20

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I don't disagree with you. It's just a question of what scares them more. Orange fuck face or in your face socialism. Part of me thinks that many people feel he's just to stupid to really do that much damage. (they're wrong)
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:29

kingstonlake wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I don't disagree with you. It's just a question of what scares them more. Orange fuck face or in your face socialism. Part of me thinks that many people feel he's just to stupid to really do that much damage. (they're wrong)
it's not the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator that I find concerning.

It's the people who prop him up and enable him that disappoint me. We knew what he was. I'm ashamed to say that I thought the GOP loved America. They've proven otherwise.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 20:49

Republicans are more socialist than democrats. They pay more money to subsidize right wing voters than democrats do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 17:33

Texas councilman calls Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a 'bimbo' before apologizing and deleting account
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 20:48

Heat Miser wrote:Texas councilman calls Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a 'bimbo' before apologizing and deleting account
let me guess...

he's a white guy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 10 Feb 2019 - 14:59

The lead story on Fox News right now is AOC.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link Below

https://www.foxnews.com
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 10 Feb 2019 - 17:17

Heat Miser wrote:Texas councilman calls Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a 'bimbo' before apologizing and deleting account

“Between the ear”? If he’s going to continue calling others stupid, he would be prudent to proof his work before sending out the tweets.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 15:56

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mcconnell-senate-will-vote-on-green-new-deal-so-all-lawmakers-can-go-on-record/

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 Databank_ackbar_01_169_55137220
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 18:32

Maybe he should introduce that CR that passed 100-0 at the same time.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 18:35

Dr. Strangelove wrote:https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mcconnell-senate-will-vote-on-green-new-deal-so-all-lawmakers-can-go-on-record/

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 Databank_ackbar_01_169_55137220
awesome.

At least he's good for making sure we all know who the backwards knuckle-draggers are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 19:03

I will be impressed if it gets 35 Ayes in the Senate
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 19:17

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I will be impressed if it gets 35 Ayes in the Senate
the media will demonize it/them while celebrating those who vote in support of coal and confederate flags.

So I'd guess around 28-30 votes in favor of an America we can be proud of.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 8:22

a white guy named Cotton is outraged.. tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 502811600

Arkansas Republican Sen. Tom Cotton unloaded on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal and said the media were “complicit” in burying the most radical parts of the deal.

Cotton, a staunch Republican, appeared on The Hugh Hewitt Show on Tuesday and discussed the widely ridiculed Green New Deal that aims to implement sweeping changes across the nation.

tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1550444538 tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1550444538 tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 1550444538

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 8:33

No ice cream or cheeseburgers?

That's not a good deal.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 8:47

NigelUno wrote:No ice cream or cheeseburgers?

That's not a good deal.  
let's see.. she's saying the world will end in 12 years, that she's putting an end to the airline industry in 10 years.. no more ice cream.. no more cheeseburgers.

man, if you listen to the GOP and the mainstream media, this lady makes Hillary and her email account seem rather pedestrian..  tOfficial "The GOP and Mainstream Media is Obsessed With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez" Thread..  - Page 9 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next