Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

+28
MattyFresh
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
MSU addict
CORNER BLITZ
Banks2Mason
Cameron
Nordic
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
duffy munn
Death Roe
TheReal_LWS
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
The Pantry
aualum06
DWags
32 posters

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-17, 08:46

It’s pretty fucked for all of us that Martha dying impacts the amount that we collect in taxes from them upon the Ford’s selling the team. The bill should have to be collected, death or no.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-12-17, 08:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s pretty fucked for all of us that Martha dying impacts the amount that we collect in taxes from them upon the Ford’s selling the team. The bill should have to be collected, death or no.

Please explain or I'm cancelling my subscription to your newsletter.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-17, 08:56

It’s mentioned in the article but apparently the reason they don’t want to sell is that if she sold now she’d have a huge capital gains tax to pay since they bought they team for like $15 and a sack of potatoes in 1962 or whatever. If she dies then her heirs sold the team, I’m not exactly sure how it works of the top of my head, but that taxable amount is significantly reduced.

So anyone buying the team now would probably have to pony up extra to cover that bill vs what they would need to do if they waited until a 90 something year old died. I argue that I don’t really care if she dies or not and that the capital gains should have to be paid regardless since we have roads to fix and shit. And also they could sell the team faster if they pay the bill regardless
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-12-17, 09:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s mentioned in the article but apparently the reason they don’t want to sell is that if she sold now she’d have a huge capital gains tax to pay since they bought they team for like $15 and a sack of potatoes in 1962 or whatever. If she dies then her heirs sold the team, I’m not exactly sure how it works of the top of my head, but that taxable amount is significantly reduced.

So anyone buying the team now would probably have to pony up extra to cover that bill vs what they would need to do if they waited until a 90 something year old died. I argue that I don’t really care if she dies or not and that the capital gains should have to be paid regardless since we have roads to fix and shit. And also they could sell the team faster if they pay the bill regardless

Hmmm. That makes sense. I'm renewing my sub for another year, thanks!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 09:20

DWags wrote:Bezos met with the Fords twice interested in buying team.

Please, Fords do the right thing and get the deal done. Screw the taxes stuff you guys have plenty of money and owe it to the state for all the suffering and incompetence.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 09:22

So kind of Lions related but the Vikings need to win out and need the Lions to beat the Packers last game of the year to win the central. I do think the Vikings have a decent shot of beating the Packers but no way in hell the Packers lose to the Lions. I think Greenbay is a lock to win the division even if the Vikings win their next two games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-17, 09:42

steveschneider wrote:So kind of Lions related but the Vikings need to win out and need the Lions to beat the Packers last game of the year to win the central. I do think the Vikings have a decent shot of beating the Packers but no way in hell the Packers lose to the Lions. I think Greenbay is a lock to win the division even if the Vikings win their next two games.

Packers have never won at the Vikings US Bank field. Cousins has never won on Monday night. Something has to give.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 10:05

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:So kind of Lions related but the Vikings need to win out and need the Lions to beat the Packers last game of the year to win the central. I do think the Vikings have a decent shot of beating the Packers but no way in hell the Packers lose to the Lions. I think Greenbay is a lock to win the division even if the Vikings win their next two games.

Packers have never won at the Vikings US Bank field. Cousins has never won on Monday night. Something has to give.

I think the Cousins MNF narrative is a lazy one. He played a good chunk of his slump at Washington which is a dumpster fire. I watched the entire game vs Seattle. That third quarter the entire team stunk it up. Also, when they had a chance to play for the tie the kicker missed the extra point making it a 4 point lead which changed the dynamic of the Vikings final drive. I like the Vikings chances to win vs Greenbay but it doesn't matter after that because Greenbay will take care of business vs the Lions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-17, 15:13

Patricia Quinn back for 2020. Jesus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28320380/lions-retaining-coach-matt-patricia-improvement-sought%3fplatform=amp
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 15:25

DWags wrote:Patricia Quinn back for 2020. Jesus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28320380/lions-retaining-coach-matt-patricia-improvement-sought%3fplatform=amp

I still can't believe that we had a coach that was actually able to have a winning record in Detroit and we canned him for this bozo. I swear I could run the Lions better than Quinn and I don't even watch that many games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 15:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s mentioned in the article but apparently the reason they don’t want to sell is that if she sold now she’d have a huge capital gains tax to pay since they bought they team for like $15 and a sack of potatoes in 1962 or whatever. If she dies then her heirs sold the team, I’m not exactly sure how it works of the top of my head, but that taxable amount is significantly reduced.

Hmmm. That makes sense. I'm renewing my sub for another year, thanks!

Careful, Floyd. Just because Travis works at the Frandor Cash Advance store doesn’t make him a tax genius. You’re getting hoodwinked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-17, 16:39

Here’s my question about Patricia:
What is it about him that turns off so many players? A recent article quotes a former Lion whose name I don’t recognize, and there’s a lot of descriptive words tossed about, but very little in the way of examples, aside from Patricia being late to meetings all the time. The best writing advice I ever got from an MSU JRN instructor was show, don’t tell, and all we’ve ever gotten from the Lions’ beat writers and others is he’s a bad coach. Rarely are there examples.
BTW, I also thought the article below was interesting in that the ex Lion says Patricia’s approach would do well on college kids. Maybe the guy’s future is at some university.
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/12/12/21012789/hakeem-valles-rips-matt-patricia-detroit-lions-martha-ford
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-17, 16:53

tGreenWay wrote:Here’s my question about Patricia:
What is it about him that turns off so many players? A recent article quotes a former Lion whose name I don’t recognize, and there’s a lot of descriptive words tossed about, but very little in the way of examples, aside from Patricia being late to meetings all the time. The best writing advice I ever got from an MSU JRN instructor was show, don’t tell, and all we’ve ever gotten from the Lions’ beat writers and others is he’s a bad coach. Rarely are there examples.
BTW, I also thought the article below was interesting in that the ex Lion says Patricia’s approach would do well on college kids. Maybe the guy’s future is at some university.
https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2019/12/12/21012789/hakeem-valles-rips-matt-patricia-detroit-lions-martha-ford

So basically he's a fat hairy Lou Holtz?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-17, 17:10

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Here’s my question about Patricia:

So basically he's a fat hairy Lou Holtz?

“The greatest coach, in my opinion, in the NFL of the coaches I know,” Valles said. “And the best player’s coach of anyone. I know the fans might not feel that way, but, man, Caldwell was unreal as a coach, to say the least.”

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 1486952199 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 1486952199 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 1486952199 tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 1486952199
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-18, 08:09

Seeing the Bezos speculation. We’d go from the biggest buffoons to the biggest douche bag. No thanks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-12-18, 08:11

steveschneider wrote:Seeing the Bezos speculation. We’d go from the biggest buffoons to the biggest douche bag. No thanks.

Only if he puts in a good word for me with his ex-wife would I take him as Lions owner.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-18, 08:20

DWags wrote:Patricia Quinn back for 2020. Jesus.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-18, 09:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Seeing the Bezos speculation. We’d go from the biggest buffoons to the biggest douche bag. No thanks.

Only if he puts in a good word for me with his ex-wife would I take him as Lions owner.

Haha! She is damn fine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-12-18, 09:06

Actually surprised it took this long for the rich guy bashing to start.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-18, 09:24

To be fair Nordic I’m pretty sure that saying “tax the dead rich guy” would be considered rich guy bashing in rich guy circles
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-18, 18:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:To be fair Nordic I’m pretty sure that saying “tax the dead rich guy” would be considered rich guy bashing in rich guy circles

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-28, 13:45

Restructured Stafford’s contract, freeing up a few million dollars more for next season.

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/2757164001
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-28, 14:15

tGreenWay wrote:Restructured Stafford’s contract, freeing up a few million dollars more for next season.

Do I smell super bowl?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-28, 14:18

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Restructured Stafford’s contract, freeing up a few million dollars more for next season.

Do I smell super bowl?

Absolutely no idea. As bad as the Lions have stunk it up in my lifetime, I’m pretty much nose-blind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-28, 19:29

Marvin Jones’ youngest son has died.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/12/28/lions-wr-marvin-jones-announces-passing-youngest-son/2766501001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-31, 18:34

Patricia fires six assistants
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-31, 18:41

kingstonlake wrote:Patricia fires six assistants

I hope he has replacements already lined up. Might be difficult convincing top assistants to come coach for a guy who has been told to win or say adios.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-31, 18:43

They need to fire whoever didn’t change the locks on Ford Field.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-31, 18:47

The Lions fired strength coach Harold Nash, special-teams coordinator John Bonamego and four other assistants Tuesday as they start what could be a significant offseason makeover.

Along with Nash and Bonamego, defensive backs coach Brian Stewart, linebackers coach Al Golden, tight ends coach Chris White and assistant strength coach Rodney Hill were let go Tuesday.

Defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni remains on staff.

Lolololololololololol
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-12-31, 18:50

The Al golden that coached at Temple and Miami?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-31, 19:10

kingstonlake wrote:The Lions fired strength coach Harold Nash, special-teams coordinator John Bonamego and four other assistants Tuesday as they start what could be a significant offseason makeover.

Along with Nash and Bonamego, defensive backs coach Brian Stewart, linebackers coach Al Golden, tight ends coach Chris White and assistant strength coach Rodney Hill were let go Tuesday.

Lolololololololololol

tOfficial Detroit Lions Thread: Sheila ain't fucking around - Page 9 502811600

He and Patricia are longtime buddies. Will be curious to see if a change is made after the playoffs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-31, 19:22

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/12/31/detroit-lions-fire-four-assistant-coaches-plus-strength-and-conditioning-staff/2786286001/

Things that make me go “Hmmm...”

”As for the strength and conditioning staff, the writing was on the wall after both Patricia and general manager Bob Quinn highlighted the number of injuries the Lions dealt with during the 2019 season, including 16 players finishing the year on injured reserve.
‘We had a lot of injuries this year, and we have to look at that and see what happened there, and see where we can get better,’ Quinn said on Monday.”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-02, 15:13

[tw]1212829034146652162[/tw]

lol
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-02, 15:53

Wait, with what staff?

[tw]1212838916727984130[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-02, 15:59

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:The Lions fired strength coach Harold Nash, special-teams coordinator John Bonamego and four other assistants Tuesday as they start what could be a significant offseason makeover.

Lolololololololololol

He and Patricia are longtime buddies. Will be curious to see if a change is made after the playoffs.

PP's contract was up, so he wasn't "fired." Big surprise, moron NFL writers don't get the distinction.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-02, 16:05

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

PP's contract was up, so he wasn't "fired." Big surprise, moron NFL writers don't get the distinction.

I would hazard a guess that most get the distinction, but don’t want to upset those in charge and lose their access, thus actually having to work for their stories.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-02, 16:08

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

they want clicks/comments and "PP WASN'T FIRED" gets those.

I would hazard a guess that most get the distinction, but don’t want to upset those in charge and lose their access, thus actually having to work for their stories.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-02, 16:13

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

they want clicks/comments and "PP WASN'T FIRED" gets those.

Very true.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-02, 16:15

The Lions have come a long way since Tommy Hudspeth. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-02, 16:28

tGreenWay wrote:The Lions have come a long way since Tommy Hudspeth. Rolling Eyes

He was no Rick Forzano
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next