Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by DWags on 2019-04-29, 09:14

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37817
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-04-29, 09:20

BUILD THE WALL! from roughly north Carolina to Oklahoma up and over Texas, AZ, NM, and half of California...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15909
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-04-29, 09:29

DWags wrote:On facebook today. This will set off large panic throughout the country and will ensure the racists in congresses throughout America will do things to stem this.

https://www.axios.com/when-american-minorities-become-the-majority-d8b3ee00-e4f3-4993-8481-93a290fdb057.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100&fbclid=IwAR1M3nK4WVO2NwO7qm5EQ4yJBAO17vFKj-pciAXIxKtKPmEKjM5RwaRetLU
saw that this morning.

the old white folks in America know they'll soon be the minority - which is why they're doing everything they can to marginalize young voters, people of color, women.. implement voter ID laws, close precincts in urban areas or on college campuses, gerrymandering districts.. it's why the political and media elite demonize people like Rashida Tlaib, AOC, Ilham Omar, etc - they know the clock is ticking on white majority rule.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40130
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-04-29, 10:56

That’s just fucking great. Michigan appears to be relatively unaffected by the Axios projections, which means all those racist white pieces of shit are going to invade my beloved state.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39269
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by GRR Spartan on 2019-04-29, 21:32

tGreenWay wrote:That’s just fucking great. Michigan appears to be relatively unaffected by the Axios projections, which means all those racist white pieces of shit are going to invade my beloved state.

Just the UP, the upper third of the LP along with counties that have heavy agriculture like Allegan, Barry, Branch and Hillsdale counties.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7767
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by msugolfguy on 2019-05-02, 21:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:On facebook today. This will set off large panic throughout the country and will ensure the racists in congresses throughout America will do things to stem this.

https://www.axios.com/when-american-minorities-become-the-majority-d8b3ee00-e4f3-4993-8481-93a290fdb057.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100&fbclid=IwAR1M3nK4WVO2NwO7qm5EQ4yJBAO17vFKj-pciAXIxKtKPmEKjM5RwaRetLU
saw that this morning.

the old white folks in America know they'll soon be the minority - which is why they're doing everything they can to marginalize young voters, people of color, women.. implement voter ID laws, close precincts in urban areas or on college campuses, gerrymandering districts.. it's why the political and media elite demonize people like Rashida Tlaib, AOC, Ilham Omar, etc - they know the clock is ticking on white majority rule.


You know i'm pretty fucking dumb. I never really believed this. However at work you can hear the anexity from some older people. Examples include "what's going to happen " "will merit rule the day" "o those social justice warriors will ruin everything".

Then I think about what shitty people they are and I realized that they think shitty things will happen to them or the kids they've set up for success. Merit be dammed as long as jill or Jimmy get that internship. It's total and utter fear of losing power.

Then my thoughts go toward gee if you didn't treat people like shit your whole life because you could get away with it maybe you wouldn't be so damn worried.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 556
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-08-31, 18:47

[tw]1300558487332818948[/tw]
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22311
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-08-31, 19:57

I'm an old white guy and more concerned about how Trump is going to fuck up this country beyond repair in order to keep his white supremacist values going once he flops over dead.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3526
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-08-31, 22:57

I can tell you from the idiocy I'm reading in our local online publication that took the place of local weekly after Advance Newspapers bought out every local weekly they white folks south of GR are sweating.

If they weren't such true believers and implicit Trump followers it would be funny.

This recent wave of violence and protests is setting them all off and I suspect its that way across Fly Over country. All these folks in backwater low population cities who would only see an airport if they went to Chicago, Portland, DC etc with angst about the safety of their towns. No one want to live in their towns. Most are losing population.

Today I saw that 6 mayors who ran as Democrats from Minnesota's Iron Range have declared their support for Trump in the election. They are all blowing the SOCIALISM dog whistle.

They are:
Chris Swanson, Two Harbors MN (population 3500)
John Champa, Chisholm MN (population 4850)
Larry Cuffe, Virginia MN (population 8400)
Chuck Novak, Ely MN, (population 3500)
Robert Vlaisavljevich, Eveleth MN (population 3600)
Andrea Zupancich of Babbitt (population 1500)

All mayors of MN Iron Range towns that have lost over 50% of their population since their peaks that were in the 1910-1930 decades.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7767
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-09-01, 05:46

It doesn't take much to scare whitey. And it will work. Add to that some Biden staffers who contributed to the bailout fund of arrested protesters and you have a recipe for a Trump victory.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15909
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-09-01, 08:02

Fear is a great motivator. All sides in an election try to exploit that across varying issues, regardless of how realistic fear on a given topic might be. It's the basis of most negative campaigning. The key is striking the right chords with that fear.

But look, I'm becoming more and more convinced that there isn't really much of an undecided vote that the candidates are trying to win. People know who they prefer. Turn out, turn out, turn out. That's how this election will be decided. While Trump's racist rhetoric is absolutely about motivating his people to vote, I cant help but think that it also motivates minorities and young people to show up to vote against him.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6867
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-09-01, 10:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:Fear is a great motivator. All sides in an election try to exploit that across varying issues, regardless of how realistic fear on a given topic might be. It's the basis of most negative campaigning. The key is striking the right chords with that fear.

But look, I'm becoming more and more convinced that there isn't really much of an undecided vote that the candidates are trying to win. People know who they prefer. Turn out, turn out, turn out. That's how this election will be decided. While Trump's racist rhetoric is absolutely about motivating his people to vote, I cant help but think that it also motivates minorities and young people to show up to vote against him.
when the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is unabashedly still trying to appeal to his violent, racist base two months before the election, it tells me that he knows he's in trouble.

His ceiling is very hard. There is nobody sitting around thinking "ya know, I gotta find out a little bit more about the candidates before I decide who to vote for".. so, yes, turnout will be everything.

which gets us to the GOP/mainstream media exercise to disenfranchise as many voters as possible. They know when decent Americans vote, they lose.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40130
Join date : 2014-04-15

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by Rick Saunders on 2020-09-01, 12:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Fear is a great motivator.  All sides in an election try to exploit that across varying issues, regardless of how realistic fear on a given topic might be.  It's the basis of most negative campaigning.  The key is striking the right chords with that fear.

But look, I'm becoming more and more convinced that there isn't really much of an undecided vote that the candidates are trying to win.  People know who they prefer.  Turn out, turn out, turn out.  That's how this election will be decided.  While Trump's racist rhetoric is absolutely about motivating his people to vote, I cant help but think that it also motivates minorities and young people to show up to vote against him.
when the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is unabashedly still trying to appeal to his violent, racist base two months before the election, it tells me that he knows he's in trouble.

His ceiling is very hard. There is nobody sitting around thinking "ya know, I gotta find out a little bit more about the candidates before I decide who to vote for".. so, yes, turnout will be everything.

which gets us to the GOP/mainstream media exercise to disenfranchise as many voters as possible. They know when decent Americans vote, they lose.

It is why we have a minority government which is also part of the problem.  For the first two years of Trump's Presidency the minority controlled both Chambers of the legislature and, although I don't like to partify the SC, it leaned (and leans) right of the majority of the national populace.

"If you can keep it" my namesake once said.  Well, if demagoguery and minority elected governments rule the day then the bottom line is that we can't.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Posts : 34
Join date : 2020-01-17

Back to top Go down

Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill Empty Re: Well, this will blow the dog whistle and get the Trump train rolling down hill

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum