Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry on 2020-07-16, 18:08

pulling69 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Looked at that brand. Had good reviews but I don't want cookware made of aluminum.

I hear you, next time I am going with either platinum, titanium, or maybe carbon fiber.
btw...mock if you want but aluminum and I have a history of not getting along.

Little over 25 years ago started developing pain in my left shoulder. Didn't worry about it much because I'm right-handed. Got progressively worse over the next year and a half to the point I couldn't raise my left arm from my side to even 90°. Chiropractor I was seeing was no help...performed excruciatingly painful adjustments, yanking up on my left elbow while it was at my side.

Ran into a naturopathic doctor...long story. He diagnosed my issue in less than a minute without any fancy equipment or tests, free of charge. Said I likely had a benign tumor in the shoulder. Told me to quit using antiperspirants (main ingredient in all antiperspirants is aluminum oxide). It worked. 3-4 months later my left shoulder was pain-free and back to normal operating range. Been using only deodorants ever since and shoulder is still fine. I recommend quitting antiperspirants to all, especially anyone experiencing shoulder pain.

As far as cookware, will never chance aluminum again, coated or not.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-07-20, 09:10

Got away for an extended weekend on the Thornapple river. Hauled the smoker with us. Smoked a pork belly and tri-tip. Fucking excellent. I have yet to have a less than stellar experience smoking meat. Should have let the tri-tip rest a bit longer but screw it, we were hungry.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_1510

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_1410

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_1411
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-07-26, 15:12

Been craving pasty for a couple weeks.  Nearest shop closed up in the past year.  None of the good U.P. pasty shops ship during the summer months.  Uncle Peter's Pasty is a small chain in the area that I had not tried...all their locations are out of the way.  There's a nearby store called Peacocks that carries frozen UPP.  Went to buy some couple years ago but they were charging outrageous prices for 12 ounce pasties (tiny by pasty standards).

Was desperate yesterday so went back to Peacocks, willing to pay anything.  Picked an assortment of beef, lamb, venison, and elk pasties.  Was sorta shocked they were only charging $6 each for them, which is a buck or two less (depending on the meat) than Uncle Peter's charges at their restaurants.  Tried the venison yesterday...pretty good.  Gonna try the lamb and elk later today.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200710
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-07-31, 16:00

Hey Floyd.  Srodek's has finally opened.  Didn't go in but went to the restaurant next door.  Got a couple kielbasa...delicious.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200711

Irena's Pastry & Bistro

Srodek's
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-08-01, 17:23

Just had the 2nd kielbasa. Might sound weird but swear, the best I've ever had. Gonna be stopping by Srodek's and Irena's often in the future. From what I've learned Srodek's has a beer garden set-up but not open yet due to covid.

There are a couple new strip centers under construction north of Srodek's. No idea what's going in there. I'm hoping for a Starbucks with a drive-thru.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-08-04, 18:02

[ig]CDeJIm6B_tM[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-08-04, 18:17

CORNER BLITZ wrote:[ig]CDeJIm6B_tM[/ig]

I had Flaming Hot Funyuns this past weekend. They were really good, but I also like Funyuns so there is that...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-08-07, 14:17

WBH recommendation for seasoning my first brisket ever that I will be smoking. I’d like a good bark.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-08-07, 14:55

DWags wrote:WBH recommendation for seasoning my first brisket ever that I will be smoking. I’d like a good bark.

Lots and lots and lots of coarse ground black pepper and kosher salt. Don't be shy with either but at least a 3:1 ratio, probably more like 4:1. You can use a binder if you need to - light coat of mustard, or whatever you have in your fridge.

Grilled wings for lunch. Delicious!

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 50199228058_f289229c48_b
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Yesterday at 11:11

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200810

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200811
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum