Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by Senior Dickfist on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:18 pm

steveschneider wrote:What if this kid plays four years at MSU?

What if CAT really spelled dog?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Emoni Bates: let me be the first to jinx us.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 3434560931
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Haven’t said this in a minute: Fucking Steve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:54 pm

Does Dukes bag man have the Covid?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:04 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:if it weren't for the unfortunate racist connotations, it would be fun to go ahead and nickname him "Master".

Wouldn't it be a worse connotation to nickname a white guy "Master" Bates?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:18 pm

4 Nattys.

Or is it Natties?
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:54 pm

When the fuck did we get this like/dislike thing?

And what is the exchange rate of a +1 to a like? I need answers!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:When the fuck did we get this like/dislike thing?

That’s not something you’ll have to worry about too often. Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 2809484752

Edit: I just went to see who disliked your post and in doing so, accidentally disliked it, myself. Oops. Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:05 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:When the fuck did we get this like/dislike thing?

That’s not something you’ll have to worry about too often. Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 2809484752

Edit: I just went to see who disliked your post and in doing so, accidentally disliked it, myself. Oops. Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 1494614055

Boom! I just dropped the double hammer on you. How you like them apples?

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Watch Out Pylon! likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Disliked your post for liking your own post. Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:13 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Disliked your post for liking your own post. Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 2809484752

Well that's just mean. :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Emoni Fuckin Bates. I hope espn gives this kid the Zion treatment, Nike makes a stronger shoe and we see Obama in Breslin. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Also, the free wrote Izzy finally got his Chris Webber. Fuck Chris Webber.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:11 pm

In before micro fracture.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:19 pm

steveschneider wrote:Emoni Fuckin Bates. I hope espn gives this kid the Zion treatment, Nike makes a stronger shoe and we see Obama in Breslin. Go Green!

I doubt that’s his real middle name, but it would be awesome if it was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm

kingstonlake wrote:In before micro fracture.

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 502811600
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:11 pm

It's all downhill from here boys and girls... this is our high most likely, breathe it in.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 am

But is he a captain?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 am

MattyFresh wrote:It's all downhill from here boys and girls... this is our high most likely, breathe it in.

Your glass appears to be half empty.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 am

[tw]1277752723526410240[/tw]

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 3434560931
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:23 am

So based on what I'm reading, the current rules for the NBA draft state that you must turn 19 in the calendar year of the draft and be 1 year removed from HS. This means that barring a rule change or exception of some sort, Bates will not be draft eligible until the June 2023 NBA Draft.

He is currently in the HS Class of 2022, which would put him on track to have 1 season at MSU ('22/'23 season) and go into the draft. However, based on the chatter and comments from his dad it seems likely that he may reclassify into the HS Class of 2021. They say he will definitely have enough credits to do so if he wishes. This would put him on track to play at MSU for the '21/'22 season but he still won't be eligible for the NBA draft until June of 2023. Barring a rule change/exception.

Hmm.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:02 am

That’s a lot of math WBH.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:05 pm

Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

Barring a rule change he will not be eligible for the NBA Draft until June of 2023.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Are you picking up what I'm laying down?

Barring a rule change he will not be eligible for the NBA Draft until June of 2023.
Let's see him for at least one game before we start dreaming about 2 years...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:38 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So based on what I'm reading, the current rules for the NBA draft state that you must turn 19 in the calendar year of the draft and be 1 year removed from HS. This means that barring a rule change or exception of some sort, Bates will not be draft eligible until the June 2023 NBA Draft.

He is currently in the HS Class of 2022, which would put him on track to have 1 season at MSU ('22/'23 season) and go into the draft. However, based on the chatter and comments from his dad it seems likely that he may reclassify into the HS Class of 2021. They say he will definitely have enough credits to do so if he wishes. This would put him on track to play at MSU for the '21/'22 season but he still won't be eligible for the NBA draft until June of 2023. Barring a rule change/exception.

Hmm.

Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 3434560931 Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 3434560931 Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 3434560931 Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 3434560931 Emoni Bates:  let me be the first to jinx us.  - Page 3 1833121890
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:14 pm

kingstonlake wrote:That’s a lot of math WBH.

TL DR Summary...

2 years in Green.

All da natties... and fuck duke and kentucky and jawan and dickie v and kansas and bobby knight (just cause).
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:So based on what I'm reading, the current rules for the NBA draft state that you must turn 19 in the calendar year of the draft and be 1 year removed from HS. This means that barring a rule change or exception of some sort, Bates will not be draft eligible until the June 2023 NBA Draft.

Hmm.

Didn’t read any of the reports, but did I see Bates is going to his dad’s own academy? Is that only for basketball or will he be taking classes there, too? Not to be a complete Debbie Downer, but it does pose a concern if dad is handling his son’s HS eligibility.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:02 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Hmm.

Didn’t read any of the reports, but did I see Bates is going to his dad’s own academy? Is that only for basketball or will he be taking classes there, too? Not to be a complete Debbie Downer, but it does pose a concern if dad is handling his son’s HS eligibility.

Why?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Everything I've heard on the Dad is he is awesome and is basically the anti Apples Jones. Doing what's best for the kid, keeping him local, letting the kid make his decisions. I wouldn't worry about that. The reason he is opening the Academy is to keep him local instead of having to ship him off to a La Lu or a Huntington Prep, etc for competitive basketball. It's for everything, academics and sports, and it is going to be a satellite of Aim High Academy
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Why?

Like I said; because — AFAIK — his dad isnt in the education business and would be handling his son’s eligibility. The possibility for rookie error seems greater.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:42 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Everything I've heard on the Dad is he is awesome and is basically the anti Apples Jones. Doing what's best for the kid, keeping him local, letting the kid make his decisions. I wouldn't worry about that. The reason he is opening the Academy is to keep him local instead of having to ship him off to a La Lu or a Huntington Prep, etc for competitive basketball. It's for everything, academics and sports, and it is going to be a satellite of Aim High Academy

Cool. Thanks for the input. btw, is Aim High still around in Lansing?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Roger, can't he just go to the G League or whatever it is called? Didn't they just bump those salaries to make it more attractive to one-and-dones?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm

Nordic wrote:

Roger, can't he just go to the G League or whatever it is called? Didn't they just bump those salaries to make it more attractive to one-and-dones?

Pretty sure he’s too young for the g league. But let’s swing back around to Hatch’s first question: Are you in fact picking up what he’s laying down?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:30 pm

Whether Ermoni Bates decides to skip college because fo NBA rule changes and never attends MSU doesn't change the fact that Izzo and staff have developed a good relationship with Bates Sr the coach of Ypsilanti Prep that will give MSU another person saying good things about MSU.

There are 11 other D1 level players who are going to be Ermoni Bates' teammates who might find their way to MSU if there is mutual interest.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum