Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by DWags on 2020-04-19, 22:41

This is pretty good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-04-20, 11:43

Has anyone gotten down with Letterkenny on Hulu? Not sure if its been brought up but its my favorite show rn
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-04-20, 12:08

The Magnificent Seven was good, but I think The Three Amigos version of the story was better.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-04-20, 12:19

MattyFresh wrote:Has anyone gotten down with Letterkenny on Hulu? Not sure if its been brought up but its my favorite show rn
I've seen it talked about on here. I haven't seen it. Maybe it was Roc or Cameron who was talking about it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-04-20, 12:22

MattyFresh wrote:Has anyone gotten down with Letterkenny on Hulu? Not sure if its been brought up but its my favorite show rn

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-04-20, 13:23

Going to give a look at Fauda on Netflix once I'm done with Bosch.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-20, 14:24

InTenSity wrote:
I've seen it talked about on here. I haven't seen it. Maybe it was Roc or Cameron who was talking about it.

Ditto. Looks good, but don't have/want to splurge for Hulu. Looks like they have 1-month free, so I'll check it out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-04-20, 14:46

"Ray Charles has got Buddy Holly in a rear-naked, Buddy Holly's tapping, Ray Charles says "No way, not how this ends"...
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-04-20, 14:56

Haven’t seen an entire season, but we just got Hulu so I might binge soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-04-20, 14:58

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Ditto. Looks good, but don't have/want to splurge for Hulu. Looks like they have 1-month free, so I'll check it out.

Hulu is about $6 a month with ads and they really aren't that bad. Not like network TV where you have 3 minutes of the show and then five minutes of commercials and then rinse and repeat.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-04-20, 15:54

I can’t stand the ads on Hulu. Just can’t do it anymore.

I have only seen Letterkenny through videos posted on here. It seems like some hilarious bits that have been shoehorned into a story.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-04-20, 16:10

Rocinante wrote:I can’t stand the ads on Hulu. Just can’t do it anymore.

I have only seen Letterkenny through videos posted on here. It seems like some hilarious bits that have been shoehorned into a story.

Its a bit of a niche show but I find it rather enjoyable. I think in the 25 minute episodes with Hulu ads there's 3 breaks of 30 seconds throughout.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-04-20, 18:14

The mute button comes in really handy. There's sometimes a timer in the top of the screen that let's you know when the commercials are about to be done with.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-04-20, 18:19

MattyFresh wrote:

Its a bit of a niche show but I find it rather enjoyable. I think in the 25 minute episodes with Hulu ads there's 3 breaks of 30 seconds throughout.

I've mostly only watched shows that are an hour-ish long and commercial breaks are usually 60-90 seconds, but maybe they do more 30 second breaks in 30 minute shows. The thing is, when really binging, you'll start to see fewer ads and sometimes ad breaks will be skipped altogether, as most of the advertisers set a frequency cap, so a user can only be served an ad X number of times in a given time span. Of course, that might vary depending on which advertisers are targeting you.

BTW, if you have Sprint, you may get Hulu for free. That's why I have it. Call Sprint if you are wondering. I hope that doesn't go away with the T-Mobile takeover, though.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-04-20, 18:32

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'm sure I have some grass to watch grow or paint to watch dry before I get around to watching that.

But with all due respect to your buddies, they are beyond delusional if they think this will draw Super Bowl numbers. I mean, I'm having trouble wondering how that even enters into their head, lockdown or not. There are SO many options for people to watch and this isn't transcending sports by any means. Right now, a Kobe documentary would get better ratings.

Good points, and I'm going to steal them for our facebook group. LOL

If you care, the Jordan thing got 6.1 million viewers combined between ESPN and ESPN2. It was ESPN's most watched documentary ever. That is the equivalent of a successful primetime show, so it did well. But for perspective, the Super Bowl gets over 90 million, sometimes over 100 million viewers.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-04-20, 19:46

I fucking love Letterkenny.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2020-04-20, 22:30

Lalo is such a great character
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-21, 00:13

Peanut butter falcon tonight
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-21, 21:18

One episode in the Jordan doc is solid. Pumped for the bad boys episodes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-04-21, 21:57

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:One episode in the Jordan doc is solid. Pumped for the bad boys episodes

I liked them both. F Scottie Pippen. Also Jordan couldn't beat the super teams of the 80s and it's crap the media doesn't recognize his career until 91
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-21, 23:34

Tim Wakefield wrote:Lalo is such a great character

He gonna be pissed
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-04-21, 23:48

Started 11/22/63. Good stuff
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-04-21, 23:54

aualum06 wrote:Started 11/22/63. Good stuff

I really enjoyed that show.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-04-22, 00:13

aualum06 wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:One episode in the Jordan doc is solid. Pumped for the bad boys episodes

I liked them both. F Scottie Pippen. Also Jordan couldn't beat the super teams of the 80s and it's crap the media doesn't recognize his career until 91

Jordan is two years younger than Zeke. They won their first Championship at the same age. Be reasonable. Hate on the dude as a man, he deserves it. To hate on him as a player is just showing bias. I was in my emotionally formative years and probably would have wished him dead if I could have in 91. But gotta move on, gotta grow and that turns into respect.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-04-22, 00:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Jordan is two years younger than Zeke. They won their first Championship at the same age. Be reasonable. Hate on the dude as a man, he deserves it. To hate on him as a player is just showing bias. I was in my emotionally formative years and probably would have wished him dead if I could have in 91. But gotta move on, gotta grow and that turns into respect.

Meh I don't mind Jordan. Like I said f Scottie
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2020-04-22, 09:19

MJ is cool af lol
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-22, 12:24

USA running NCIS reruns all day.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-04-22, 13:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Started 11/22/63. Good stuff

Is that the one where you can travel back in time and change history? And whatshisname is trying to stop the JFK assassination?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-22, 13:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Is that the one where you can travel back in time and change history? And whatshisname is trying to stop the JFK assassination?

Yep. Franco. Based on a Stephen King book. Great read.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-04-22, 15:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yep. Franco. Based on a Stephen King book. Great read.

I had forgotten it was based on one of his books. He has quite a partnership with Hulu. I like their Castle Rock anthology series, as well.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-04-22, 16:16

Nordic wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Lalo is such a great character

He gonna be pissed

I’d hate to be Nacho.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-04-25, 22:06

It only took ten years, but I finally watched The King’s Speech. Fantastic film.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-04-25, 22:42

tGreenWay wrote:It only took ten years, but I finally watched The King’s Speech. Fantastic film.

Now watch The Pianist
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-04-25, 22:57

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It only took ten years, but I finally watched The King’s Speech. Fantastic film.

Now watch The Pianist

Forgot all about that one. Good suggestion. Thanks.
FYI, I draw the line at The English Patient.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-04-26, 00:54

Fuck The Pianist. Watch The Piano.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-04-26, 01:40

Code 8 on Netflix is.... Different

Quarantine life though
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-26, 20:57

Hulu downloaded. Letterkenny started.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-04-26, 21:02

Bad Education was a good movie about a messed up story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-04-26, 21:34

Fuck the pianist on the piano.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-04-26, 21:36

I watched IT chapter 2 last night. It was not as bad as people say. In fact it was very much like a SKing book. Kinda goofy and had some pretty funny parts. It wasn’t scary at all but it was fine.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum