Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-02-12, 11:10

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Screenshot-20200212-110600-Instagram
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Empty Re: Mel Tucker the Skullfucker: Please post your first impressions here

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-12, 11:13

A job just opened up for former Buff Eric Bieniemy.

NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-12, 11:20

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Screenshot-20200212-110600-Instagram

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-12, 11:20

NigelUno wrote:A job just opened up for former Buff Eric Bieniemy.

He'd be a great hire. Dude is a master at modern offense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-12, 11:26

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:3. Wont be given much time by our fan base.

It would seem to me he has five years to prove himself (assuming a five year contract).

Also, I think any realistic person expects us to suck this year.

You sir, are correct on both of your points. I think on this board only a few people don't meet what I have put in bold on your post. It's why I love this board. Only a few people are really unrealistic and look to poke the monkeys that we are.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-12, 11:37

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

It would seem to me he has five years to prove himself (assuming a five year contract).

Also, I think any realistic person expects us to suck this year.

You sir, are correct on both of your points. I think on this board only a few people don't meet what I have put in bold on your post. It's why I love this board. Only a few people are really unrealistic and look to poke the monkeys that we are.

At this point the most encouraging take aways I have -

1) we've upgraded our pay for coordinators

2) this guy can recruit

Regarding next year, if we can get any type of QB I think we could see a 5-7 win season. Do we have anything on the bench or is their any chance of going the JUCO route at this point?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-02-12, 11:40

MSU has already become the bane of other schools AD’s existence with Tucker’s salary and the newly expanded assistant coach salary pool.

If Tucker is reaching out to UK’s Marrow it probably means his Colorado guy is staying put and Tucker isn’t going to be shy about poaching assstants with proven track records.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-12, 11:42

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

At this point the most encouraging take aways I have -

1) we've upgraded our pay for coordinators

2) this guy can recruit

Regarding next year, if we can get any type of QB I think we could see a 5-7 win season. Do we have anything on the bench or is their any chance of going the JUCO route at this point?

I don't care what it takes, we need to scratch and claw to 6-6 and bowl eligibility. I mean, if we have to use old 70s wresting tricks like Vaseline in the eyes or cutting people in the pile, do it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-02-12, 12:59

Had a meeting this morning that really cut into my message board time, and was only able to post a couple of small things. Fucking clients.

Anyway, his resume as an assistant is impressive. Like MD, is part of the Saban and Tressel trees. And of course, worked under MD himself. 9-10 years in the NFL means he can sell kids on knowing what it takes for The League. But back in the college game for a few years so he's not out of touch with that.

On the downside, bolting after 1 year, a couple of days after saying that he was staying, is potentially concerning if he's willing to jump for a bigger offer at any point. That will be used against him in recruiting. On the other hand, one of his mentors famously spent one year at a HC job and insisted, in no uncertain terms, that he would not be the next coach at Alabama, before leaving for that very job a couple of weeks later. And that worked out ok for Alabama, I think (yes, I'm calling multiple NC's for MSU).

Overall, it's a great hire. In light of the events of the last couple of days, it's an absolutely tremendous hire. He was always very high on MSU's list. Fine, we can't realistically say that he was our first choice, but he was choice 1B. I feared a Brady Hoke type 8th choice hire. To make this happen was absolutely monstrous for the perception of the program. Assuming it all gets made official, of course.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-12, 13:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:Had a meeting this morning that really cut into my message board time, and was only able to post a couple of small things. Fucking clients.

Anyway, his resume as an assistant is impressive. Like MD, is part of the Saban and Tressel trees. And of course, worked under MD himself. 9-10 years in the NFL means he can sell kids on knowing what it takes for The League. But back in the college game for a few years so he's not out of touch with that.

On the downside, bolting after 1 year, a couple of days after saying that he was staying, is potentially concerning if he's willing to jump for a bigger offer at any point. That will be used against him in recruiting. On the other hand, one of his mentors famously spent one year at a HC job and insisted, in no uncertain terms, that he would not be the next coach at Alabama, before leaving for that very job a couple of weeks later. And that worked out ok for Alabama, I think (yes, I'm calling multiple NC's for MSU).

Overall, it's a great hire. In light of the events of the last couple of days, it's an absolutely tremendous hire. He was always very high on MSU's list. Fine, we can't realistically say that he was our first choice, but he was choice 1B. I feared a Brady Hoke type 8th choice hire. To make this happen was absolutely monstrous for the perception of the program. Assuming it all gets made official, of course.

Could be used against him in recruiting but I think in a little bit it will be forgotten. Also, with his contract pretty safe bet MSU has him locked up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-02-12, 13:22

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Had a meeting this morning that really cut into my message board time, and was only able to post a couple of small things. Fucking clients.

Could be used against him in recruiting but I think in a little bit it will be forgotten. Also, with his contract pretty safe bet MSU has him locked up.
If he is successful, there are schools that will be more than willing to offer him a big raise. Of course, that will be a good thing (the successful part).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-12, 13:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

If he is successful, there are schools that will be more than willing to offer him a big raise. Of course, that will be a good thing (the successful part).

Agreed, I've said it earlier if we end up with someone that has success and uses this place as a spring board to another job I'm cool with it. Give me 3-5 years of good football and I'm good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-12, 13:32

I'm pretty apathetic about all of this guys. This tom-fuckery that has gone on in the last few days/week has me questioning the future of the program. I'm hoping for the best but right now I'm kind of numb to all of it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2020-02-12, 13:38

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
If he is successful, there are schools that will be more than willing to offer him a big raise.  Of course, that will be a good thing (the successful part).

Agreed, I've said it earlier if we end up with someone that has success and uses this place as a spring board to another job I'm cool with it. Give me 3-5 years of good football and I'm good.

If he's successful here, I think the list of realistic 'step up' schools will be small..
Of course 'successful' means B1G championships and contending for the Natty....

I'm just happy we didn't end up with Brett Bielema....
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-12, 13:41

If he is successful, he might just head back to the pros. If he is unsuccessful, he can always mod here. I would buy him a hat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-02-12, 13:43

Pending approval from the Michigan State Board of Trustees this afternoon, Mel Tucker will be named the 25th head coach in Spartan Football history. Coach Tucker will be introduced at a press conference later today. Fans will be able to watch live on Big Ten Network at 6:30 p.m., or stream it on BTN.com and the FOX Sports app.
study
Full Press Release

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 3493939353
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-12, 13:44

Turtleneck wrote:If he is successful, he might just head back to the pros. If he is unsuccessful, he can always mod here. I would buy him a hat.

If he's successful and leaves, that would be a plus for us. Now we've decided to pay with the big boys, lets go. Next guy after Tucker will have a succesful team to come to who pays well and is willing to keep up with the big boys. If he fails, well, we still have the purse string precedent we've set for the next guy. Win win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-12, 13:45

Been watching BTN. These guys love the hire.

Press conference at 6:30.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-12, 13:46

I like that he’s an Ohio guy, a Saban and Tressel descendant, and appears to be a good recruiter. I love that the U has opened the wallet for assistants. No idea if the man can coach, but I’m extra happy we have a leader for the program heading into spring practice. We’ve been adrift and rudderless since MD’s announcement.
Mike Tressel may one day be a great HC, and he may one day be a great HC right in EL, but not now, not without some HC experience. Letting him take the position for a year would’ve been terrible for the program, or what was left of it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2020-02-12, 13:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm pretty apathetic about all of this guys. This tom-fuckery that has gone on in the last few days/week has me questioning the future of the program. I'm hoping for the best but right now I'm kind of numb to all of it.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Giphy
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2020-02-12, 13:49

tGreenWay wrote:I like that he’s an Ohio guy,
So happy to hear you feel that way about me.....
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-12, 13:51

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I like that he’s an Ohio guy,
So happy to hear you feel that way about me.....

You’re not an MSU FB coach. I’m content hating on you, pinhead. Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-12, 13:55

NigelUno wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm pretty apathetic about all of this guys. This tom-fuckery that has gone on in the last few days/week has me questioning the future of the program. I'm hoping for the best but right now I'm kind of numb to all of it.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Giphy

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 I+feel+like+this+but+its+like+whatever+ill+care+_e56347bf77f24b16ba006973242c246a
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2020-02-12, 14:08

Same here. I just can’t buy into this hype right now.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-12, 14:16

[tw]1227671515732332545[/tw]

Interesting perspective on the PAC-10.

It’s basically raining Spartan green everywhere.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-12, 14:19

I’m opposite of the apathy group. First time I’ve been excited/have any hope about the football program in years.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2020-02-12, 14:20

Dendrobates wrote:

I understand, though I'm thinking that all the tom-fuckery and subsequent ass-covering scramble, inadvertently led us to a good hire and a HUGE boost to assistant salaries which will lead to a more competitive team.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-12, 14:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m opposite of the apathy group. First time I’ve been excited/have any hope about the football program in years.

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 Source
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on 2020-02-12, 14:45

I AM PUMPED OTPT!
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-02-12, 14:52

Of the 7 loses at CU five of them were Oregon, USC, Utah, Washington St.and Air Force.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2020-02-12, 15:00

kingstonlake wrote:Of the 7 loses at CU five of them were Oregon, USC, Utah, Washington St.and Air Force.

...and Mel managed to beat Herm.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-12, 15:05

MattyFresh wrote:I AM PUMPED OTPT!

Mel Tucker the Skullfucker:  Please post your first impressions here - Page 2 3493939353
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-02-12, 15:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m opposite of the apathy group. First time I’ve been excited/have any hope about the football program in years.

Just upping the pay for coordinators is a step in the right direction. Recruiting should improve. About as good as we could hope for this late in the game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-12, 15:10

How can we get him to inherit Dantonio's hatred of UM?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-12, 15:11

Turtleneck wrote:How can we get him to inherit Dantonio's hatred of UM?

It's just starting.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-02-12, 15:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:How can we get him to inherit Dantonio's hatred of UM?

It's just starting.

What is?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-12, 15:17

Dendrobates wrote:

The reasons I’m not more excited are:
•I don’t know who this guy is
•Dantonio let all of the air out of the program
•Next season isn’t going to be good
•Nassar fallout malaise
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-02-12, 15:17

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

It's just starting.

What is?

I told you guys (and Dendro) this guy is a blue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-12, 15:27

[tw]1227669069253488640[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-12, 15:28

[tw]1227689688003158016[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum