Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?   Empty Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?

Post by DWags on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:11

Seems to me the "Big Money" assholes in the democratic camp, and the young turks in the ranks, kind of said "shit, I have better things to do than vote today".

Was it Millennials who propped Bernie up in 2016, or was it the younger kids? He did worse than he did in 16 in a lot of states? what happened. I knew the big money Bloomberg faction of the party wouldn't show up. They, by and large, are activists for the fashion sake of it.

I guess this "establishment" of just middle of the road grunts like me, said shit, we don't like Trump, aren't thrilled with Biden, but who else of these dumb asses has a chance to beat Trump?.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?   Empty Re: Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:14

millennials can buy into the GOP/Russian propaganda and think the "establishment" is  stacking the deck against them.. but the bottom line is that they didn't vote.

there is a difference between smoking dope and going to a rock show/political rally and actually showing up on election day.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?   Empty Re: Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?

Post by DWags on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:millennials can buy into the GOP/Russian propaganda and think the "establishment" is  stacking the deck against them.. but the bottom line is that they didn't vote.

there is a difference between smoking dope and going to a rock show/political rally and actually showing up on election day.

And I think that's why Trump wins. These gun toting grunts who were never active in politics will show up in huge numbers again in November because they like the political stuff now and have a hero.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:25

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:millennials can buy into the GOP/Russian propaganda and think the "establishment" is  stacking the deck against them.. but the bottom line is that they didn't vote.

And I think that's why Trump wins.  These gun toting grunts who were never active in politics will show up in huge numbers again in November because they like the political stuff now and have a hero.  
yeah, America is a stupid (and racist) country.

but with every whiny "Bernie or Bust" kid who stays home in November, there will be 2-3 suburban women in swing states that show up to support Biden, should he be the nominee.

we'll see - but, yeah, never underestimate the Russian interference, the GOP, the mainstream media, etc. and the way they're controlling the idiots.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:38; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:34

Bernie has been the leader for awhile, but it wasn't like he had an overwhelming majority of support. Pete and Klobuchar picked a good time (for Biden) to dip out.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:53

Just a heads up the college age kids these days are now Gen Z. I'm gen x and so were a lot of my friends that supported Bernie in 2016. It was funny, I woke up early walked with the wife to the polling place and voted for Bernie in 5 minutes. That night called all my Bernie supporting friends and none of them voted for him. I was shocked. I found out stuff like they refused to switch from independent to Dem or I even heard head scratching stuff like I'll just vote for him in the general election.

Bottom line, it's one thing to go to the rallies, post on social media or whatever and it is an entirely different thing to register, wait in line and vote.

Bernie fans meet a great American Hervis Rogers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hervis-rogers-had-to-wait-seven-hours-to-cast-his-ballot

Take note that's how you fucking do it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 9:55

Young people don’t vote d wags. Aren’t you like 50 something you should know this
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 10:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Young people don’t vote d wags. Aren’t you like 50 something you should know this
Yeah, despite all the talk, all the promotions, all the talk that they will swing the election, all the tak that there is going to be big youth turnout, erc....it never happens to the extent people think. Same thing in the UK, it isn't just the US.

As for Bernie losing ground over 2016, it probably has more to do with the alternatives. While it is realistically just Bernie v Biden, wasn't it literally just Bernie v Hillary at this point in 16? Or at least much more so than now? Warren and Bloomberg both likely took some Bernie votes (Warren as a progressive, and Bloomberg as an outsider, each have traits that Bernie voters like).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 10:24

NigelUno wrote:Bernie has been the leader for awhile, but it wasn't like he had an overwhelming majority of support.  Pete and Klobuchar picked a good time (for Biden) to dip out.

Nigel nailed it. The Democratic establishment pulled off what the Republican establishment could not; they got the moderates/establishment-approved candidates to consolidate early enough to stop the momentum of the "outsider" campaign. It's not a perfectly one-to-one analogy, but the broad strokes resemble each other.

Based on the results, I don't think it probably mattered, but Elizabeth Warren refusing to drop out didn't do Bernie any favors. Consolidate the moderates, keep the progressives split, and you've got a recipe for what happened yesterday.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 10:27

Young people voted for Obama. Maybe the septuagenarian angry grandpa doesn’t excite them as much. Hard to imagine why.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 10:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

And I think that's why Trump wins.  These gun toting grunts who were never active in politics will show up in huge numbers again in November because they like the political stuff now and have a hero.  

but with every whiny "Bernie or Bust" kid who stays home in November, there will be 2-3 suburban women in swing states that show up to support Biden, should he be the nominee.

we'll see - but, yeah, never underestimate the Russian interference, the GOP, the mainstream media, etc. and the way they're controlling the idiots.

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?   1494614055
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:04

I would call Warren a progressive light. You could make a case for her as Biden’s VP. Might help heal the Bernie bro’s feelings a little. After all Dems need to get everyone on board for November.

WAGS don’t rub it in! We need them!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:06

Nordic wrote:

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?   1494614055

He’s a walking contradiction of everything he says.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:09

I can’t emphasize enough that there is no data at all this early about which groups voted and anyone who says otherwise is either infected with pundit brain or is basing it off of wildly unreliable exit polls.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:10

kingstonlake wrote:I would call Warren a progressive light. You could make a case for her as Biden’s VP. Might help heal the Bernie bro’s feelings a little. After all Dems need to get everyone on board for November.

WAGS don’t rub it in! We need them!

Maybe if he was actually expanding the base. As of now the way the suburban mom's and African Americans turned it out for Biden it makes the most sense to go for Harris or Abrams.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I can’t emphasize enough that there is no data at all this early about which groups voted and anyone who says otherwise is either infected with pundit brain or is basing it off of wildly unreliable exit polls.

They are probably basing it upon Biden doing well which at least seems logical.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I can’t emphasize enough that there is no data at all this early about which groups voted and anyone who says otherwise is either infected with pundit brain or is basing it off of wildly unreliable exit polls.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that certain people didn’t vote that voted last time. There’s more than one way to skin a cat Otpt.

I do not know any way to skin a cat tbh and that’s a really weird phrase.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

That doesn’t necessarily mean that certain people didn’t vote that voted last time. There’s more than one way to skin a cat Otpt.

I do not know any way to skin a cat tbh and that’s a really weird phrase.

PETA would be all over you.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:41

I'd put my money on the exit polls. Sanders expanded it in Cali (big deal) but not so much anywhere else.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:44

steveschneider wrote:I'd put my money on the exit polls. Sanders expanded it in Cali (big deal) but not so much anywhere else.

Goddamn I bet you would steve. I bet you would.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:44

I mean, so long as a pundit somewhere told you to.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:45

Like dude, it was just a primary and it was a Tuesday.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean, so long as a pundit somewhere told you to.

I looked at the NBC exit polls. I'll put my money on it if you are serious.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Young people don’t vote d wags. Aren’t you like 50 something you should know this

Yeah. I know.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:53

Funny you guys can't stand journalists or the polls or expert opinion. Here's a secret I actually don't know shit I just parrot what I read in the papers. Just remember it's better to be right than first!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:56

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I mean, so long as a pundit somewhere told you to.

I looked at the NBC exit polls. I'll put my money on it if you are serious.

Serious about what? Making a bet with you? Jesus steve no.

Making wild pronouncements about who didn’t vote the day after a primary when you could wait a couple of weeks and make accurate pronouncements is stupid and a waste of time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 11:57

steveschneider wrote:Funny you guys can't stand journalists or the polls or expert opinion. Here's a secret I actually don't know shit I just parrot what I read in the papers. Just remember it's better to be right than first!

Millennials, where the fuck were you last night?   Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:01

I mean take any polling with a grain of salt, but exit polls are not known to be way off, Travis. Can you explain your skepticism with the conventional wisdom on this one? It looks like young people didn’t vote in the numbers they could have. Again, not sure it would have made a difference because the moderates coalesced behind Biden. It’s hard to know at this point if it was a fear of Sanders or a genuine enthusiasm for Biden, but it’s probably somewhere in the middle. Biden, other than during his victory speeches, has been really weak. In debates and on the campaign trail. He better clean it up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:02

steveschneider wrote:Funny you guys can't stand journalists or the polls or expert opinion. Here's a secret I actually don't know shit I just parrot what I read in the papers. Just remember it's better to be right than first!

It's cute that he thought that was a secret.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:03

I would so much rather have a Klobuchar/ Warrenat this stage than these two old farts but. Here we are. It’s still going to be a damn street fight. Let’s see what Scranton Joe has left in the tank.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:10

Rocinante wrote:I mean take any polling with a grain of salt, but exit polls are not known to be way off, Travis. Can you explain your skepticism with the conventional wisdom on this one? It looks like young people didn’t vote in the numbers they could have. Again, not sure it would have made a difference because the moderates coalesced behind Biden. It’s hard to know at this point if it was a fear of Sanders or a genuine enthusiasm for Biden, but it’s probably somewhere in the middle. Biden, other than during his victory speeches, has been really weak. In debates and on the campaign trail. He better clean it up.

Well for one no one has used any actual numbers nor cited anything from the 2016 primary showing it lower. Just general platitudes about “could have been” which yeah of course there are more young people that didn’t vote there always are.

Second, exit polling data is at best a guess. Especially in a primary. I’ve already said it but it’s jumping the gun for no real reason. Steve said it correctly for once when he said to be right instead of first. If you want to talk about it in a few weeks then fine.

Third, if young people actually did vote less than in the 2016 primary, that’s a huge fucking problem that would need to be dealt with in some kind of panicky massive way. I’d prefer people hold off until they actually know.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:15

I noticed you shied away from the wager I laid out. Wise move.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:15

OK. So please don’t speculate?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:18

Rocinante wrote:OK. So please don’t speculate?

There's enough data out there that Sanders hasn't expanded his vote or turned out the young vote in any of the states besides Cali. I'm open to making a wager on this to anyone that says don't believe the pundits or the polls.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:18

Sort of. But also I have a general distrust of exit polls because of their nature. Even the only one that was mentioned here didn’t poll in every state that was voted in yesterday. And how many districts in each state they did poll? Who the hell knows. I could do an exit poll in Dewitt and not East Lansing and make a similar proclamation. I’d be wrong of course... which then leads you to wondering how much the exit pollsters know about the demographics of where they are polling? In a general election sure, they have time leading up. But in a primary they were just exit polling South Carolina 3 days ago. There’s way too much room for error to trust that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:19

steveschneider wrote:

I don’t bet with random ass weirdos on the internet sorry steve. Offering bets to me has always been the oddest I’d message board behavior.

You also didn’t offer any kind of terms. So yeah.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:21

Sort of. But also I have a general distrust of exit polls because of their nature. Even the only one that was mentioned here didn’t poll in every state that was voted in yesterday. And how many districts in each state they did poll? Who the hell knows. I could do an exit poll in Dewitt and not East Lansing and make a similar proclamation. I’d be wrong of course... which then leads you to wondering how much the exit pollsters know about the demographics of where they are polling? In a general election sure, they have time leading up. But in a primary they were just exit polling South Carolina 3 days ago. There’s way too much room for error to trust that.

CNN did a pretty robust one in I think all the ST states.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 12:24

steveschneider wrote:

I don’t bet with random ass weirdos on the internet sorry steve. Offering bets to me has always been the oddest I’d message board behavior.

You also didn’t offer any kind of terms. So yeah.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 14:01

GRR Spartan wrote:Like dude, it was just a primary and it was a Tuesday.

Yep, I get the feeling that many of "Bernie's Bros" in those states figured like many in 2016, "Hey, Hills got this, I don't need to vote".
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Wed 4 Mar 2020 - 17:15

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum