Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked

+5
kingstonlake
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
9 posters

Go down

Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked  Empty Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-03-06, 06:15

This practice needs to be abolished. Theres no good justification for this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1150711

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked  Empty Re: Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 07:54

absolutely tragic. We are a barbaric country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked  Empty Re: Every single instance of the death penalty is a travesty, but this is truly fucked

Post by InTenSity 2020-03-06, 08:09

Most likely they are all pro-life that had a chance to stop this.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 08:12

InTenSity wrote:Most likely they are all pro-life that had a chance to stop this.
as we've established, they're only 'pro life' as it relates to certain people.

(but you knew that already).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-03-06, 08:31

We better not ever have one fucking politician call any other country barbaric in the way they treat people. NOT. FUCKING. ONE.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 08:46

DWags wrote:We better not ever have one fucking politician call any other country barbaric in the way they treat people.  NOT.  FUCKING.  ONE.  
yep - those countries that our flag-waving leaders like to pretend we have moral authority over - Iran, China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, et al. - like them, we participate in the government-sponsored murder of our own citizens.

we just have the audacity to sneer at their lack of humanity as we clutch the flag and bible. The height of arrogance and hypocrisy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-06, 09:21

I disagree with the premise that all instances of the death penalty are a travesty. But there are cases that are a travesty.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 09:28

kingstonlake wrote:I disagree with the premise that all instances of the death penalty are a travesty. But there are cases that are a travesty.
people can agree/disagree with the death penalty. That is each person's decision.

the blatant hypocrisy of holding ourselves up to be a moral beacon of christian humanity while murdering its own citizens is what I have a problem with.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-06, 10:29

President too busy pardoning racist sheriffs and guilty-as-sin white collar criminals to intercede. AL Gov was a known POS already, I think. And of course the SCotUS can't be bothered to do anything useful.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 10:47

Cameron wrote:President too busy pardoning racist sheriffs and guilty-as-sin white collar criminals to intercede. AL Gov was a known POS already, I think. And of course the SCotUS can't be bothered to do anything useful.
christian racists are gonna christian racist.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 12:57

a little under a year ago, the same racist governor who authorized Nate's murder last night signed the "Alabama Human Life Protection Act".

“Today, I signed into law the Alabama Human Life Protection Act, a bill that was approved by overwhelming majorities in both chambers of the Legislature. To the bill’s many supporters, this legislation stands as a powerful testament to Alabamians’ deeply held belief that every life is precious and that every life is a sacred gift from God".

I wish hell was real so people like her could burn in eternity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-06, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I disagree with the premise that all instances of the death penalty are a travesty. But there are cases that are a travesty.
people can agree/disagree with the death penalty. That is each person's decision.

the blatant hypocrisy of holding ourselves up to be a moral beacon of christian humanity while murdering its own citizens is what I have a problem with.

Yeah, that’s not me. Wink
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-03-06, 13:28

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Yeah, that’s not me. Wink
good.

Religion is poison and this is the perfect example.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-06, 13:30

Cameron wrote:President too busy pardoning racist sheriffs and guilty-as-sin white collar criminals to intercede. AL Gov was a known POS already, I think. And of course the SCotUS can't be bothered to do anything useful.

Don’t forget the war criminal that shot women and children and was so psychotic that his own unit would sabotage his ability to kill civilians by purposely missing and shooting near them to warn them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-03-06, 14:10

Rocinante wrote:

Don’t forget the war criminal that shot women and children and was so psychotic that his own unit would sabotage his ability to kill civilians by purposely missing and shooting near them to warn them.

Yeah, that was fucked up too. Trump already pardoned his token black person and got a Super Bowl commercial out of it, I wouldn't hold my breath for any more. Too many guilty white people/members of his inner circle to get off the hook first.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-06, 15:15

DWags wrote:We better not ever have one fucking politician call any other country barbaric in the way they treat people. NOT. FUCKING. ONE.

It is OK to be critical of your own country, along with other countries when they do barbaric acts. It is actually encouraged. It is how change happens in this country.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-03-06, 15:51

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Yeah, that was fucked up too. Trump already pardoned his token black person and got a Super Bowl commercial out of it, I wouldn't hold my breath for any more. Too many guilty white people/members of his inner circle to get off the hook first.

To close to an election to be pardoning the colored folk.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-03-06, 22:52

It’s his own fault. He is black and was present when murders were committed in Alabama.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down