Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vidya Gaming Thread

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Vidya Gaming Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Vidya Gaming Thread

Post by aualum06 on 2020-04-21, 23:48

Nordic wrote:Bubby Brister had a game!

Bubby Brister is having a season. Pass plays only for the season and he's spent most of it in bad
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2020-04-22, 09:18

Fuckin hell, I put maybe 3 hours into Madden ultimate team challenges last night to put together a decent squad (a couple mid 90s players and the rest are above 80). I go into a head-to-head matchup.... the opponent has players rated 99 across the board. Ridiculous
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-22, 13:04

Tim Wakefield wrote:Fuckin hell, I put maybe 3 hours into Madden ultimate team challenges last night to put together a decent squad (a couple mid 90s players and the rest are above 80). I go into a head-to-head matchup.... the opponent has players rated 99 across the board. Ridiculous

There is always some asshole in these games that is max'ed out. I play a lot of Clash of Clans on my phone. I slowly upgrade, but as soon as new levels/updates come out people drop hundreds of $s to max out as quick as possible. I don't get it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-22, 13:50

Tim Wakefield wrote:Fuckin hell, I put maybe 3 hours into Madden ultimate team challenges last night to put together a decent squad (a couple mid 90s players and the rest are above 80). I go into a head-to-head matchup.... the opponent has players rated 99 across the board. Ridiculous

So i see fifa has this too. Everyone plays as one player? Or you just build your own squad?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-22, 13:51

Also ea doesn’t make tiger woods any more? Lame!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-04-22, 13:54

While cleaning out a drawer I found a Best Buy store credit amongst an army of other unspent gift cards. I figured I should spend that quickly before they go out of business. Picked up 2k for what amounts to free but I have to wait for them to ship it as only the disk version was $30, the digital was still $60. Stupid, but fine I’ll wait rather than pay money.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2020-04-22, 14:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

So i see fifa has this too. Everyone plays as one player? Or you just build your own squad?

I like FUT a whole lot better than madden. Madden is a POS game that's not worth the $20 I spent.

TLDR of ultimate team is that you get a starter squad made up of mostly shit players (in the 60s and low 70s overall) from different leagues/nationalities. As you play more you get coins with which you can buy better players and so on. Obv EA put in a thing called FIFA points which let you buy packs of good players.

Players have to have chemistry with each other (same nationality, league, team, or any combo of the 3) to play better. It'd be tough to hop in now near the end of the game's cycle since people have had months to build up their rosters. I'm planning on grabbing the next fifa and going in on FUT. Best game mode in a sports game IMO
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-04-22, 14:10

I like the story modes and just controlling one player in sports games tbh.

But I don’t really play against other people, i won’t turn up the difficulty, I don’t intend on getting very good at the game, but I will see if I can get my guy to average 50+ ppg when 2k shows up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2020-04-22, 14:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also ea doesn’t make tiger woods any more? Lame!

Too bad, there's a missed marketing opportunity. They need to play up his transgressions in a dark, almost Grand Theft Auto type of way. The game would only loosely revolve around golf, playing a few holes here and there for extra points. Instead, the main objective would be to bang as many skanks as possible, all while scoring the drugs needed to fuel these outlandish, but somewhat true, exploits.

If this were a game I'd most certainly get back into video games. It would be just like living out my wildest fantasies, minus the golf part. I fucking hate golf.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-22, 14:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:While cleaning out a drawer I found a Best Buy store credit amongst an army of other unspent gift cards. I figured I should spend that quickly before they go out of business. Picked up 2k for what amounts to free but I have to wait for them to ship it as only the disk version was $30, the digital was still $60. Stupid, but fine I’ll wait rather than pay money.

Best Buy usually has like 2 day shipping if the game is close enough. Even if not my shit didn’t take long.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-04-22, 14:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:While cleaning out a drawer I found a Best Buy store credit amongst an army of other unspent gift cards. I figured I should spend that quickly before they go out of business. Picked up 2k for what amounts to free but I have to wait for them to ship it as only the disk version was $30, the digital was still $60. Stupid, but fine I’ll wait rather than pay money.

Best Buy usually has like 2 day shipping if the game is close enough. Even if not my shit didn’t take long.

Yeah they were like “you won’t get it until April 29th if you don’t pay for shipping” but I’m assuming I’ll have it by Friday
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-04-22, 14:25

Just picked up my new Xbox 1 X with the NBA 2K20. Got it curb side pick-up from the local Best Buy. Thanks for the guidance OTPT. Can't wait for the work day to end so I can fire up some vidya gaming.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-04-22, 14:34

steveschneider wrote:Just picked up my new Xbox 1 X with the NBA 2K20. Got it curb side pick-up from the local Best Buy. Thanks for the guidance OTPT. Can't wait for the work day to end so I can fire up some vidya gaming.

Vidya Gaming Thread - Page 5 969504605

It should come with free a game pass trial and you can download games for free through there. Including GTA 5.

Here are the games i have so far:
Halo master chief collection
Nba 2k20
FIFA 20
NHL 20
Call of duty black ops4
Red dead redemption 2
Call of duty ww2
GTA 5
Star Wars battlefront 2

Downloaded rocket league(gamepass) and modern warfare warzone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-04-22, 21:56

I threw a TempeTantrum tonight. After watching part of The last Dance he wanted to be the all time Bulls. I said fine I'll be the all time Pistons. Game on. I swear in this game in some games the AI pre determines who is going to win/get all the breaks. I would not even be in traffic, lightly guarded with one of, if not the best ball handlers of all times in Zeke. Stolen. About 5x. Zeke fouled out which I've never ever had happen, and I was not controlling him on defense. I finally lost it with about 2 minutes left down 8 and fucking Billups and Blake Griffin are literally con fabbing at the Bulls FT line while the computer lets him in bound the ball at half court after a time out, resulting in an easy 5-3 dunk. What in the absolute fuck.

MJ clowns everyone in this game. I often deploy the Boeheim zone because my kid is not a good perimeter shooter. So I will take control of a shot blocker down low and use him to double or provide off ball help when he drives. Tailor made against the Bulls, I can deploy Big Ben or Griffin or Lanier and leave Rodman open. Obv Rodman makes jumpers like it's his job tonight and despite perfect timing Jordan dunks over Wallace with zero effort. SMH.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-04-22, 22:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I threw a TempeTantrum tonight. After watching part of The last Dance he wanted to be the all time Bulls. I said fine I'll be the all time Pistons. Game on. I swear in this game in some games the AI pre determines who is going to win/get all the breaks. I would not even be in traffic, lightly guarded with one of, if not the best ball handlers of all times in Zeke. Stolen. About 5x. Zeke fouled out which I've never ever had happen, and I was not controlling him on defense. I finally lost it with about 2 minutes left down 8 and fucking Billups and Blake Griffin are literally con fabbing at the Bulls FT line while the computer lets him in bound the ball at half court after a time out, resulting in an easy 5-3 dunk. What in the absolute fuck.

MJ clowns everyone in this game. I often deploy the Boeheim zone because my kid is not a good perimeter shooter. So I will take control of a shot blocker down low and use him to double or provide off ball help when he drives. Tailor made against the Bulls, I can deploy Big Ben or Griffin or Lanier and leave Rodman open. Obv Rodman makes jumpers like it's his job tonight and despite perfect timing Jordan dunks over Wallace with zero effort. SMH.

Yeah except it happens for me with stupid people Like Jeff teague
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-22, 23:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I threw a TempeTantrum tonight. After watching part of The last Dance he wanted to be the all time Bulls. I said fine I'll be the all time Pistons. Game on. I swear in this game in some games the AI pre determines who is going to win/get all the breaks. I would not even be in traffic, lightly guarded with one of, if not the best ball handlers of all times in Zeke. Stolen. About 5x. Zeke fouled out which I've never ever had happen, and I was not controlling him on defense. I finally lost it with about 2 minutes left down 8 and fucking Billups and Blake Griffin are literally con fabbing at the Bulls FT line while the computer lets him in bound the ball at half court after a time out, resulting in an easy 5-3 dunk. What in the absolute fuck.

Welp, your kid is now the alpha of the house.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-04-23, 00:31

Vidya Gaming Thread - Page 5 Hqdefault
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth on 2020-04-23, 21:32

So, did anyone check out the Fortnite Travis Scott concert. It was pretty damn good. They did an excellent job. Not a huge Travis Scott fan, but it was fucking sweet.

Now, back to Borderlands 3. Which combines all the fun of a FPS along with the planning in a RPG.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-23, 21:33

StylesGShmooth wrote:So, did anyone check out the Fortnite Travis Scott concert. It was pretty damn good. They did an excellent job. Not a huge Travis Scott fan, but it was fucking sweet.

Now, back to Borderlands 3. Which combines all the fun of a FPS along with the planning in a RPG.

I saw the stage and statues earlier and was intrigued. But of course I forgot...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth on 2020-04-23, 21:37

Nordic wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:So, did anyone check out the Fortnite Travis Scott concert.  It was pretty damn good.  They did an excellent job.  Not a huge Travis Scott fan, but it was fucking sweet.  

Now, back to Borderlands 3.  Which combines all the fun of a FPS along with the planning in a RPG.

I saw the stage and statues earlier and was intrigued. But of course I forgot...

Encore Saturday at 6 PM.  Epic did a really good job.  It's pure carnage right before it starts but then all weapons are removed.  

Last edited by StylesGShmooth on 2020-04-23, 22:43; edited 1 time in total
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-04-23, 21:40

Slinging the ball around
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-23, 21:43

Ahhhh...I was wondering how they were going to do it.

Vidya Gaming Thread - Page 5 4113017228 I have no idea who Travis Scott is
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-04-25, 01:06

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Encore Saturday at 6 PM.  Epic did a really good job.  It's pure carnage right before it starts but then all weapons are removed.  

Must of caught it the right time. Was flying through space listening to tunes. Then we were dropping in and killing people.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-07, 16:06

How do we feel about Risk? Free to play on Steam for PC. Also has app for Apple & Android.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-05-07, 16:43

I like risk. I don’t know any of the tricks so it would probably be really easy to beat me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-05-07, 19:37

Deadmeau5 concert on Fortnite tonight 9pm
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-07, 19:53

I'd play risk but I feel like the last time I played a game it took like 8hrs to finish. Vidya Gaming Thread - Page 5 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-05-07, 20:24

steveschneider wrote:I'd play risk but I feel like the last time I played a game it took like 8hrs to finish. Vidya Gaming Thread - Page 5 502811600

Let's just start a monopoly game instead
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 2020-05-07, 21:29

If we are playing board games get in on some Axis and Allies...good games of that can 10+ hours to a few days.

pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-05-07, 23:19

pulling69 wrote:If we are playing board games get in on some Axis and Allies...good games of that can 10+ hours to a few days.

Right on
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-07, 23:45

pulling69 wrote:If we are playing board games get in on some Axis and Allies...good games of that can 10+ hours to a few days.

The idea is something 2 or more of us can play & stream on Discord with audio chat & others can watch/discuss/heckle. Ideally, the game would be free or something people already have/are willing to get. Axis & Allies is $20 on Steam.

Shooting for maybe a Swill virtual happy hour tomorrow around 7pm-ish.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 on 2020-05-08, 18:37

Warzone mode on Call of Duty is free and available on PS4, XBone, and PC.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-05-08, 19:14

Currently getting owned 2-3 times a day by my 9 year old daughter on Mario Kart 8...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-08, 21:57

Heat Miser wrote:

I’m in.

The idea is something 2 or more of us can play & stream on Discord with audio chat & others can watch/discuss/heckle. Ideally, the game would be free or something people already have/are willing to get. Axis & Allies is $20 on Steam.

Shooting for maybe a Swill virtual happy hour tomorrow around 7pm-ish.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 on 2020-05-18, 15:35

I just started a myplayer on NBA wtf is this crap
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-05-18, 15:57

aualum06 wrote:I just started a myplayer on NBA wtf is this crap

The story part this year was boring and weird but whatever. It’s always more or less the same kind of underdog that has to make it to the nba type of thing. There’s only so many ways to do it.

As far as the game play itself, I prefer it. Managing just one player and playing through the season while making them better is more fun to me than playing with the whole team. I prefer being a center that can just dunk and rebound and block
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-05-18, 15:58

Addendum- a few years ago you got to start out at an actual real college, MSU being one of the choices. That was really fun
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-05-18, 16:34

MyPlayer/MyCareer peaked at 2k16 or 2k17. Wasn't much story then, just post game pressers and the occasional GM sit down. In 2k18, they introduced cutscene and voice acting and the neighborhood. Not my cup of tea, but not the reason I disliked it. At that same time, they also tweaked player progression and the amount of upgrade points you earn for actually playing games, in an obvious move to try to get people to spend more on microtransactions to upgrade their player.

Used to be you could start a guy and be able to actually dribble, pass, and score within a few games. Now, the guys start out so shitty, and you earn so few points for playing games, that it takes fucking forever to get your guy good enough to actually perform dribble moves without losing the ball, or hit an open 3. If I start a guy as a 3 point specialist, it shouldn't take me half a season to get his 3 point rating over 75. And god forbid he be able to also perform a crossover or dunk. No NBA player has ALL those skills, much less a rookie...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-05-18, 16:38

Yeah so the trick is to wait until the game is cheap enough to buy plus buy some of the vc to kick start that shit. If I buy the game for $60 then no way. But if I pay $15 for it, plus I’m using a gift card I had long forgot about to buy it anyway- then sure I’ll give you an extra 10 to start out much further ahead
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-05-18, 16:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah so the trick is to wait until the game is cheap enough to buy plus buy some of the vc to kick start that shit. If I buy the game for $60 then no way. But if I pay $15 for it, plus I’m using a gift card I had long forgot about to buy it anyway- then sure I’ll give you an extra 10 to start out much further ahead

My problem is that I get bored with guys. I used to start a guy, play him until he was good enough to drop 30 a game with regularity, then start a new guy at a different position. I play Skyrim the same way. Start a guy, level up until I can bomb fireballs on a dragon and kill it without taking damage, then start a new guy. I have literally hundreds of hours in Skyrim, and I have no idea how it ends.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum