Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do.

+22
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Travis of the Cosmos
Senior Dickfist
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
StylesGShmooth
InTenSity
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Rocinante
DWags
Nordic
Turtleneck
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 Empty Re: After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do.

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 12:44 am

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I am not middle aged, but I do appreciate having you around to explain to me that nothing is ever related to race.

How old are you?

I don't know. Probaly older than OTPT and younger than Floyd.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 Empty Re: After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do.

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 01:08 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

How old are you?

So your age is in the middle of those two? Seems middle aged to me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 01:20 am

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I did not say it was in the middle. You made that assumption. If OTPT is 25 and Floyd is 45, a 26 year old is older than OTPT and younger than Floyd. I have no idea how old either is because I am also making assumptions.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 01/05/20, 01:26 am

Turtleneck wrote:I am not middle aged, but I do appreciate having you around to explain to me that nothing is ever related to race.

I remember thinking when I turned 42 or so that "damn, I'm middle aged". Well, I wasn't middle aged then. I was fucking going down the hill by at least 6 or 7 years.

Middle age is 34-38 I"m guessing because I bet that average life expectancy of an American male is 72-76.

When you hit 40, you're an old fuck. When you're 58, like me, face it, you could stroke out fairly easy, break a fucking hip, whatever. 58 is less than a education career of k-12 then college away from getting dirt shoveled on you if you ge tthere unscathed. if you drink like I do, eat like shit, have high BP, you're prolly 10 years away from death.

So, carry on, I just wanted a true definition of middle age. 35 is middle age to me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 01:34 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I did not say it was in the middle. You made that assumption. If OTPT is 25 and Floyd is 45, a 26 year old is older than OTPT and younger than Floyd. I have no idea how old either is because I am also making assumptions.

Well, you're clearly gonna be cagey about your exact age, for some reason, so being direct is gonna be difficult. I was born at 9:48 am on August 28th, 1988. Are you older, younger, or exactly the same age as me?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 01:40 am

I cannot verify my birth. There is a piece of paper somewhere with that data, and that paper is considered some kind of legal document, but I personally cannot verify that the information on the paper is exactly correct. It could be off by as much as three years for all I know. My memory gives me an idea of the absolute latter years of my possible birth year range. So...what's your favorite number?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 01/05/20, 01:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 01:42 am

Turtleneck wrote:I cannot verify my birth. There is a piece of paper somewhere with that data, and that paper is considered some kind of legal document, but I personally cannot verify that the information on the paper is exactly correct. It could be off by as much as three years for all I know. What's your favorite number?

My favorite number is 8. Why are you being weird about this? Is your age a national secret? I'd accept a 5 year range at this point.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 01:44 am

Is Turtleneck more artistic than Nigel?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 01/05/20, 01:46 am

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, you're clearly gonna be cagey about your exact age, for some reason, so being direct is gonna be difficult. I was born at 9:48 am on August 28th, 1988. Are you older, younger, or exactly the same age as me?

You were born on a Sunday. you are 31 years 8 months 4 days 5 hours old as of right about now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 01:47 am

Cameron wrote:Is Turtleneck more artistic than Nigel?

Unlikely. Although I am not familar with Nigel's artistry, I am not much of an artist.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 01:53 am

What is middle aged by the way? Is it the middle of the average life expectancy, or is it something else? I kind of thought of it as being that momemt where I begin to think covertables are cool. I guess how it is defined could change some things. Is there an agreed upon definition?

Edit: just saw DWags post. Ok. I might will have to retract my previous statement.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 01/05/20, 02:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:07 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:Is Turtleneck more artistic than Nigel?

Unlikely. Although I am not familar with Nigel's artistry, I am not much of an artist.

I don't know if this is necessary or not, but you are proving yourself to be deliberately obtuse, so I'll treat you as an idiot

I once described Nigel as being "on the spectrum," as it were. In his response, he changed a "u" to an "r," which I found mildly amusing, so I've been replicating the malapropism ever since.

I'm sure you followed that, and I eagerly anticipate your non sequitur response.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:08 am

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You were born on a Sunday. you are 31 years 8 months 4 days 5 hours old as of right about now.

Correct. I am reliably informed that it was a rather hot summer that year.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 02:10 am

No, I did not follow that particular exchange between you and Nigel. Sorry.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:12 am

Turtleneck wrote:No, I did not follow that particular exchange between you and Nigel. Sorry.

I'm saying you're autistic, perhaps to nearly the same extent as Nigel.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 02:12 am

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:No, I did not follow that particular exchange between you and Nigel. Sorry.

You're kind of an asshole, huh?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:22 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You're kind of an asshole, huh?

Yes. How old are you?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 02:25 am

Well, I'm definitely not telling you now. But I have retracted my previous statement and it sucks. I don't even own a braided belt.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:28 am

Turtleneck wrote:Well, I'm definitely not telling you now. But I have retracted my previous statement and it sucks. I don't even own a braided belt.

Yeah, you're a middle aged white man.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:35 am

Coronavirus: Armed protesters enter Michigan statehouse

Always nice when we can make international headlines.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 02:40 am

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Well, I'm definitely not telling you now. But I have retracted my previous statement and it sucks. I don't even own a braided belt.

STFU
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 01/05/20, 02:43 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

STFU
After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 191237986 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 2427441217 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1558547457
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 05:53 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Don't disagree. Keep 'em out of the State Capital. Also, there should be a penalty to be paid if you break the law even if you are open carrying. If this country is going to allow open carry that doesn't mean you get a pass from breaking the law. We have police and they need to enforce the laws to citizens armed or unarmed.

Were they breaking the law though?

They are ignoring the shut down orders and subject to $1000 fine. That would be a good start.

Look Miami is probably right that future prevention is probably for the best. This is going to end in tragedy if you do nothing. These guys are going to push the limits and it has all the necessary ingredients for a new terrifying low in our current national nightmare.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/05/20, 06:12 am

I wonder if Guest had fun in Lansing yesterday?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 06:55 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I wonder if Guest had fun in Lansing yesterday?

Knowing him he was either rolling out a pie crust or in tactical gear cosplaying with the county militia.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 06:59 am

Neck beard!!

[tw]1255953549399293954?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/05/20, 07:50 am

steveschneider wrote:Neck beard!!

[tw]1255953549399293954?s=21[/tw]
insecure white males are the lowest form of human life.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 01/05/20, 08:13 am

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

STFU
After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 191237986 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 2427441217 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1558547457

For sure not even close to that, which is why I thought I had time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 01/05/20, 08:22 am

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Were they breaking the law though?

They are ignoring the shut down orders and subject to $1000 fine. That would be a good start.

Look Miami is probably right that future prevention is probably for the best. This is going to end in tragedy if you do nothing. These guys are going to push the limits and it has all the necessary ingredients for a new terrifying low in our current national nightmare.

OK. I thought the discussion was more about the guns. But setting up a Perimeter around the Capitol (and arresting people for not being 6 feet apart) would be kind of antagonistic.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 09:41 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

OK.  I thought the discussion was more about the guns.  But setting up a Perimeter around the Capitol (and arresting people for not being 6 feet apart) would be kind of antagonistic.  

Yes, but the possibility of going into the capital being asymptomatic and spreading a deadly disease to staff, police and elected officials doesn't sit right with me as well. In the end what difference does it make if someone shoots you with an assault rifle or you die alone in a hospital on a respirator?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/05/20, 09:44 am

did y'all see the video of the little preteen girls wearing short shorts dancing on the Capitol steps yesterday for the brave patriots? One was in black face.

I'm not kidding.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 09:46 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:did y'all see the video of the little preteen girls wearing short shorts dancing on the Capitol steps yesterday for the brave patriots? One was in black face.

I'm not kidding.

I saw it. I thought it showed a complete lack of respect for the state of Michigan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 01/05/20, 09:54 am

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:did y'all see the video of the little preteen girls wearing short shorts dancing on the Capitol steps yesterday for the brave patriots? One was in black face.

I'm not kidding.

I saw it. I thought it showed a complete lack of respect for the state of Michigan.
assault rifles, swastikas, Confederate flags, angry white men screaming in the face of law enforcement and scantily clad preteen girls dancing for onlookers on the Capitol steps.

the Republican party.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 09:59 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

assault rifles, swastikas, Confederate flags, angry white men screaming in the face of law enforcement and scantily clad preteen girls dancing for onlookers on the Capitol steps.

the Republican party.

That event made the global news feed. Yesterday was not a good day for Michigan or America.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 01/05/20, 10:03 am

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

OK.  I thought the discussion was more about the guns.  But setting up a Perimeter around the Capitol (and arresting people for not being 6 feet apart) would be kind of antagonistic.  

Yes, but the possibility of going into the capital being asymptomatic and spreading a deadly disease to staff, police and elected officials doesn't sit right with me as well. In the end what difference does it make if someone shoots you with an assault rifle or you die alone in a hospital on a respirator?

But, if you set up a Perimeter around the Capitol, you'd have the same issues with asymptomatic people infecting the police.

And (I would think) a much greater chance of inciting violence.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 10:09 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

But, if you set up a Perimeter around the Capitol, you'd have the same issues with asymptomatic people infecting the police.

And (I would think) a much greater chance of inciting violence.

Fine them a $1000. The penalty is meant to deter people from breaking the law.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 10:14 am

Also, is this why everytime I'm in Michigan I see pickup trucks hauling ass down the highway well over the posted 75mph speed limit but I can't recall EVER seeing one pulled over for a speeding ticket. Is it because the state is afraid of armed confrontation? Does gun ownership protect you from paying penalties for civil infractions? If so anyone know where I can get a gun rack for my prius?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 01/05/20, 10:27 am

steveschneider wrote:Also, is this why everytime I'm in Michigan I see pickup trucks hauling ass down the highway well over the posted 75mph speed limit but I can't recall EVER seeing one pulled over for a speeding ticket. Is it because the state is afraid of armed confrontation? Does gun ownership protect you from paying penalties for civil infractions? If so anyone know where I can get a gun rack for my prius?

cheers

How about a machine gun mount?

After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 Image1-14-660x321
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 01/05/20, 10:30 am

MattyFresh wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, is this why everytime I'm in Michigan I see pickup trucks hauling ass down the highway well over the posted 75mph speed limit but I can't recall EVER seeing one pulled over for a speeding ticket. Is it because the state is afraid of armed confrontation? Does gun ownership protect you from paying penalties for civil infractions? If so anyone know where I can get a gun rack for my prius?

cheers

How about a machine gun mount?

After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 Image1-14-660x321

After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1966794946 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1966794946 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1966794946 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1966794946 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1966794946 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 1966794946 After today's protests in Lansing, there is only one thing left to do. - Page 5 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 01/05/20, 12:24 pm

I’m Middle aged, Cameron. Probably past middle age unless I live to be 90 which honestly I don’t expect.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next