Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Takeout Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

tOfficial Takeout Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial Takeout Thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-05-27, 20:46

The Pantry wrote:Daughter's Godparents moved to Las Vegas about 20 years ago. He owns a small restaurant downtown. Talked with him few days ago and he enlightened me on how delivery services actually work.

Didn't realize they nail the restaurant for 30% or more of the menu price of the food on top of fees, delivery charge, and tip. Fuck doordash, grubhub, and all the others. Only ordering delivery from restaurants that have their own delivery from now on. Got Jets last night.

Graham Couch of all people did a really good article on this very subject a couple of weeks ago. I've never used them, and certainly won't after reading it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-05-27, 20:47

The Pantry wrote:Daughter's Godparents moved to Las Vegas about 20 years ago. He owns a small restaurant downtown. Talked with him few days ago and he enlightened me on how delivery services actually work.

Didn't realize they nail the restaurant for 30% or more of the menu price of the food on top of fees, delivery charge, and tip. Fuck doordash, grubhub, and all the others. Only ordering delivery from restaurants that have their own delivery from now on. Got Jets last night.
I call the restaurant direct to do pickup. That way there is no middleman. Granted I haven't done much lately, I'm so tired of the food at home, always the same thing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-05-27, 22:31

InTenSity wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Daughter's Godparents moved to Las Vegas about 20 years ago.  He owns a small restaurant downtown.  Talked with him few days ago and he enlightened me on how delivery services actually work.

Didn't realize they nail the restaurant for 30% or more of the menu price of the food on top of fees, delivery charge, and tip.  Fuck doordash, grubhub, and all the others.  Only ordering delivery from restaurants that have their own delivery from now on.  Got Jets last night.
I call the restaurant direct to do pickup. That way there is no middleman. Granted I haven't done much lately, I'm so tired of the food at home, always the same thing.
There's a really good breakfast/lunch restaurant not far away.  Phone ordered and picked it up couple days ago.  Didn't even have to get out of the car.  Very pleasant masked chick walked it out.  

Kinda weird now because call-in orders to a restaurant (paying with credit/debit card) they now ask on the phone if you want to add a tip.  I have no problem with that and tip more than when I picked up paying cash.  

Giant Moose is probably not tipping anyone in this new world.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-10, 18:59

Wanted something different so tried Jersey Mike's today for the first time. #17 Famous Philly. Was very good but not as good as Tubby's Mushroom Steak & Cheese.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-28, 20:53

Ordered delivery from Leo's Coney Island. They offer both Flint and Detroit style coneys. Tried one of each. Both good. The Flint was less messy.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-06-28, 21:27

What was the difference?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-28, 21:52

DWags wrote:What was the difference?

Flint style is 100 times better.

#ConeyWars
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-28, 21:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:

#ConeyWars

+1
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-06-28, 22:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:

#ConeyWars

This is bullshit! Detroit style is 217 times better.

#ConeyWars #DetroitStyleVeryNice
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-29, 16:55

Flint is dryer and more of a ground meat topping. A true Flint coney is supposed to have chopped/ground beef heart in the topping mix. Very easy to eat like a regular hot dog. Detroit is more of a chili dog. Much saucier and messier, sometimes requiring a fork and knife depending on where you get it.

Both Leo's Flint and Detroit styles can be eaten by hand.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2020-06-29, 17:12

The Pantry wrote:
Flint is dryer and more of a ground meat topping. A true Flint coney is supposed to have chopped/ground beef heart in the topping mix. Very easy to eat like a regular hot dog. Detroit is more of a chili dog. Much saucier and messier, sometimes requiring a fork and knife depending on where you get it.

Not as renowned; the Kzoo Coney. It's more like the Flint coney you described. The Kzoo Coney Island is the oldest Coney in Michigan that is still at its original location. I know this to be true because a coworkers wife heard it at work by the water cooler from a delivery guy.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-29, 17:44

Senior Dickfist wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Flint is dryer and more of a ground meat topping. A true Flint coney is supposed to have chopped/ground beef heart in the topping mix. Very easy to eat like a regular hot dog. Detroit is more of a chili dog. Much saucier and messier, sometimes requiring a fork and knife depending on where you get it.

Not as renowned; the Kzoo Coney. It's more like the Flint coney you described. The Kzoo Coney Island is the oldest Coney in Michigan that is still at its original location. I know this to be true because a coworkers wife heard it at work by the water cooler from a delivery guy.
Never heard of a Kzoo coney but have heard there's a Jackson coney...no idea what differentiates that. Maybe Dendro can clear that up.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-06-29, 18:05

The Pantry wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

Not as renowned; the Kzoo Coney.  It's more like the Flint coney you described.  The Kzoo Coney Island is the oldest Coney in Michigan that is still at its original location.  I know this to be true because a coworkers wife heard it at work by the water cooler from a delivery guy.
Never heard of a Kzoo coney but have heard there's a Jackson coney...no idea what differentiates that.  Maybe Dendro can clear that up.
Jackson coneys are only served in prison.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and Senior Dickfist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-07-02, 17:17

On a lamb roll. Got lamb chops from a local restaurant yesterday. Just ordered lamb shish kabob from another place.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-07-02, 18:39

Planning a get-together tomorrow and wanted to order some Middle Eastern food from Sahara. $105 in food quickly became $150 with delivery from Door Dash and "tip". F that. I'll pick that shit up. It was the 1st time I was going to try that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-07-02, 19:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:Planning a get-together tomorrow and wanted to order some Middle Eastern food from Sahara. $105 in food quickly became $150 with delivery from Door Dash and "tip". F that. I'll pick that shit up. It was the 1st time I was going to try that.
Is that place on Metro Parkway?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-07-02, 19:16

The Pantry wrote:On a lamb roll. Got lamb chops from a local restaurant yesterday. Just ordered lamb shish kabob from another place.

What kind of roll do you serve with your lamb?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-07-02, 19:23

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Planning a get-together tomorrow and wanted to order some Middle Eastern food from Sahara. $105 in food quickly became $150 with delivery from Door Dash and "tip". F that. I'll pick that shit up. It was the 1st time I was going to try that.
Is that place on Metro Parkway?

Hall road by Costco.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4