I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.   Empty I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.

Post by DWags on 2020-05-05, 21:51

Love the family but the walls are closing in. Walks are getting boring. Bikes too. Wanted to kill a blue cross blue shield messa employee today and it wasn’t her fault. A one hour task is turning into three hours, or 15 minutes or not at all. Cant stand tv. I’m reading the same paragraph in a book two or three time. I’m grippin. This shit is getting to me. Anybody else? Don’t know what to do. And I know I don’t have it bad. But fuck this shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.   Empty Re: I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-05-05, 21:53

Go jerk off.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.   Empty Re: I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.

Post by Bill Cain on 2020-05-05, 21:58

Welcome to my life post 7th grade.

Go for a hike, lick the trees, start a fire and put it out, research the spiciest food and eat it, put a tampon up your ass. There’s so much to do in this existence might as well make it memorable
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2020-05-05, 22:09

Don't listen to Bill. Do not start putting things up your ass. That way lies madness.

You just need a new hobby. Try woodworking or something.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-05-05, 22:26

Don't feel like it is too minor, and still try to talk about it. You don't need to go to a shrink. There are hotlines, people online, etc. If that's here that you talk about it, that's good, too....hopefully people can be serious in their responses (or at least some people, as the humorous responses can help, too).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-05-05, 22:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:Don't feel like it is too minor, and still try to talk about it. You don't need to go to a shrink. There are hotlines, people online, etc. If that's here that you talk about it, that's good, too....hopefully people can be serious in their responses (or at least some people, as the humorous responses can help, too).

Thanks. I know this and I think the wife is tuned in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2020-05-05, 22:30

DWags wrote:Love the family but the walls are closing in. Walks are getting boring. Bikes too. Wanted to kill a blue cross blue shield messa employee today and it wasn’t her fault. A one hour task is turning into three hours, or 15 minutes or not at all. Cant stand tv. I’m reading the same paragraph in a book two or three time. I’m grippin. This shit is getting to me. Anybody else? Don’t know what to do. And I know I don’t have it bad. But fuck this shit.

I hear ya Wags. Getting out to play 9 holes last night, yes with Jingles, did wonders. Spent the day today with my 16 month old grand daughter.

Both helped me stop crying for few hours anyway.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-05-05, 22:35

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Love the family but the walls are closing in. Walks are getting boring. Bikes too. Wanted to kill a blue cross blue shield messa employee today and it wasn’t her fault. A one hour task is turning into three hours, or 15 minutes or not at all. Cant stand tv. I’m reading the same paragraph in a book two or three time. I’m grippin. This shit is getting to me. Anybody else? Don’t know what to do. And I know I don’t have it bad. But fuck this shit.

I hear ya Wags. Getting out to play 9 holes last night, yes with Jingles, did wonders. Spent the day today with my 16 month old grand daughter.

You deserve that Duffy. What did his hair look like?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2020-05-05, 22:41

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You deserve that Duffy. What did his hair look like?

Starting to see some chinks in the armor.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-05-06, 00:05

Definitely stick a tampon up your ass.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-05-06, 00:25

I'm calling for a Swill Zoom/MS Teams meeting this weekend. Cameras optional. Anyone game?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-06, 01:00

I've setup a private Swill Discord server. It's called "tSwill". There's 1 text "channel" and 1 voice "channel" at the moment. It's also video capable.

The voice channel is always open. You can talk to anyone who's there.

PM me for the link to join.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-05-06, 02:59

Depression is no joke.  I'm a fully functional dysthymic.  Wasn't diagnosed until I was 43.  What's going on now is a bummer but nothing near things in my past.  

Get a grip, DWags.  Chin-up, fucker.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-05-06, 06:17

that's a lot of words for basically trying to say "I miss that time I drank beer with Bobby Sak".

Have you tried hanging out with some friends (social distancing policy applies)? I know you love hanging out with your 3 ladies.. but we went over to some friends house this past Saturday. Hung out in their backyard for about 3 hours just talking and laughing. Spent the entire time probably 10 feet from them. Music on, drinking beer.. just told stories and laughed.

Was very calming and you forget how valuable socializing is for most of us.

Hang in there, my man. Lots of resources out there. Reach out to any of us if you need to.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-05-06, 08:15

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Don't feel like it is too minor, and still try to talk about it. You don't need to go to a shrink. There are hotlines, people online, etc. If that's here that you talk about it, that's good, too....hopefully people can be serious in their responses (or at least some people, as the humorous responses can help, too).

Thanks. I know this and I think the wife is tuned in.

Did you talk to tWife about it? Know that can be tough but tuned in vs talk is different
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-05-06, 08:18

I got a new puppy, that seems to be helping here.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2020-05-06, 08:25

DWags wrote:Love the family but the walls are closing in.  Walks are getting boring.  Bikes too. Wanted to kill a blue cross blue shield messa employee today and it wasn’t her fault.  A one hour task is turning into three hours, or 15 minutes or not at all.   Cant stand tv.  I’m reading the same paragraph in a book two or three time. I’m grippin.  This shit is getting to me.  Anybody else?  Don’t know what to do. And I know I don’t have it bad. But fuck this shit.

Alright, listen here you old son of a gun.  What you're talking about is real and the 1st step of treating any issue is admitting that it exists, which you've done.  I've dealt with depression in the past.  It's ugly and no one should have to go through it alone.  You can always reach out to me about anything at anytime.  I understand you don't know me, but having been there, I think I can offer help or would be willing to try.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2020-05-06, 08:27

Heat Miser wrote:I've setup a private Swill Discord server. It's called "tSwill". There's 1 text "channel" and 1 voice "channel" at the moment. It's also video capable.

The voice channel is always open. You can talk to anyone who's there.

PM me for the link to join.

Heat, please send me a PM. Hell, I'll put my face on there if it can provide just a few seconds of levity for someone. For the record, my face does not look like a dick...I just am one.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-05-06, 09:14

I PM'd you heat, but it is still in my outbox. Or does that happen until it is read, I've never really paid attention.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-06, 09:21

I've definitely had some moments where I felt really low through all this and I've never felt like that before. Was in our farmers market and saw all these familiar faces but with masks on. It really triggered something in me, felt awful.

Two things i've tried to do -

A) Lay off the alcohol, lower the amounts I have on week nights.

B) Exercise.

It helps but there's some emotional elements to all of this that are still challenging. I feel like if sports came back I'd be fine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-06, 10:00

Discord link PM'd to all the "regulars" here. Don't be offended if I left you out. I was just going from memory. Just PM me and I'll send it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-05-06, 10:22

Heat Miser wrote:Discord link PM'd to all the "regulars" here. Don't be offended if I left you out. I was just going from memory. Just PM me and I'll send it.
thanks, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-06, 10:32

Gambling bot added. Gamble against the bot, or play with your fellow Swillers. Everyone starts with 5k credits. I drew ace-jack in my first game of Blackjack cheers . Just start a text conversation with the bot & enter a command.

Here's the link to the help commands. https://top.gg/bot/395385545326592010
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-05-06, 10:41

This closing in on 45-50 days where trips to the grocer, drug stores and portions of big box stores are the sum total of socializing in the public.

My kids are in different fields, insurance and medicine, Son-in-law is a college prof and the screen time their jobs require has become a grind. They aren’t used to conversing with others on Zoom several hours a day and they all say it’s exhausting to watch the multiple screen and pay attention to what you do along with hearing your own voice.

Like SteveS I’ve cut way back on alcohol and walk. 3-5 miles per day with about 6 different routes with a 1.5 AM and a longer afternoon. Also been doing a lot of reading because our county library system has a great online selection.

What you all are feeling is real. This drastic change can expose issues you’ve managed on your own without ever knowing they existed pre-pandemic. Pantry went through about 50% of his life before his diagnosis.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2020-05-06, 10:52

GRR Spartan wrote:This closing in on 45-50 days where trips to the grocer, drug stores and portions of big box stores are the sum total of socializing in the public.

Got to wondering on my weekly outing yesterday...I filled up my tank ~3 weeks ago and when I left the driveway checked to see that I had driven 47 miles on that tank. Normally if I filled up on a Sunday I would have over that by 7:45am on Monday. Not to mention it was also carpooling with another person to talk to. Crazy
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-05-06, 11:23

I realize there have been a lot of tips going around about how to cope with being home/working from home, etc., but I've found that structure really is important. I work out in the mornings.. get home and eat something, take a shower and put on actual clothes. Something about the putting on of actual clothes makes me 'feel' more productive.

I like drinking as much or more than the next person, but I've done my best not to drink every day. It can make me feel a little sluggish and, at my advanced age, I feel like I spend half the night in the bathroom after I have a few drinks.. doesn't help with the sluggish feeling.

I try to stay away from TV - especially 'news' type of stuff. I tell my wife "I know what's going on in the world. I don't need some bleach blonde with plastic teeth to tell me". It's just not productive.

each of us have things that work for us (or things that don't work). It's a tough time for all of us and we all handle it differently. It manifests itself differently for all of us, as well. I enjoy connecting with people I haven't heard from or seen in a while. Yardwork helps me quite a bit. I can burn energy while being able to look back after a hour or so and see what I've accomplished.

Just some tips that I've been trying to be conscientious of.

Hang in there, DWags.. and everyone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-06, 11:30

They had a news hour article on people that experiencing isolation when stationed in Antarctica...a lot of people go up there thinking oh I'll have 4 months to myself, I'm going to work on learning a new language or I'm going to read a stack of books and it rarely works out that way. After a few weeks they lose the motivation and they say it can lead to depression. They episode is up on youtube, might be worth a watch. They had some expert advice in there that I don't really remember but this thread has me motivated to check it out again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain on 2020-05-06, 11:38

Heat Miser wrote:Discord link PM'd to all the "regulars" here. Don't be offended if I left you out. I was just going from memory. Just PM me and I'll send it.

I just want you to know I’m not offended that I’m left out. Would not be the first time. I understand that I’m not the most popular man here. Plus it’d be weird that a young man like myself would be talking to older gentlemen like yourselves.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-06, 11:56

Heat Miser wrote:Gambling bot added. Gamble against the bot, or play with your fellow Swillers. Everyone starts with 5k credits. I drew ace-jack in my first game of Blackjack  cheers . Just start a text conversation with the bot & enter a command.

If you're on Swill desktop, you can see who is currently on the Discord server by expanding the widget column on the right side of the page by clicking the small gold box.

If you're on Swill mobile, scroll to the bottom of the page.

Tap/click the Discord logo to go to the server.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-05-06, 12:11

Heat Miser wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Gambling bot added. Gamble against the bot, or play with your fellow Swillers. Everyone starts with 5k credits. I drew ace-jack in my first game of Blackjack  cheers . Just start a text conversation with the bot & enter a command.

If you're on Swill desktop, you can see who is currently on the Discord server by expanding the widget column on the right side of the page by clicking the small gold box.

Pretty cool. I don’t know guys, I think I’m fighting depression.   55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-05-06, 13:18

learning a new skill is always good. I’d never built anything to actual specifications before and am working now on a little house on our property. It’s certainly taken the edge off. I’ll tell you I am not really a socializer though so not being with people hasn’t really affected me too bad. The tampon in the ass helps too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-05-06, 13:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

It doesn't take me to the app though, it takes me to the website on my phone's browser. That's odd as links for something that I have an app for usually open the app.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-05-06, 13:36

Thanks all, I worked out today and did some yard work too. Feel better but, like all of us, this is about as big of a rut in my life as I've ever been in. I appreciate all the tips and as always they are helpful.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-05-06, 13:56

Are you guys using voice chat on there
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-06, 14:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

It doesn't take me to the app though, it takes me to the website on my phone's browser. That's odd as links for something that I have an app for usually open the app.

Scroll to the bottom of that screen & there should be an "Open Discord" button.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-05-06, 14:11

This probably puts to rest the idea that any of us could handle extended space travel. You’d probably have to have a ship the size of Wayne county to kill the isolation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser on 2020-05-06, 14:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Are you guys using voice chat on there

Not yet, but that's the idea.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-05-06, 14:49

i’m on the voice chat right now all by myself.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-05-06, 15:15

I didn't see any voice memos.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on 2020-05-06, 15:18

they’re no voice memos, it’s live chat
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum