Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 22 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/28/2020, 12:24 pm

kingstonlake wrote:I know at least three people who are voting for Trump based on “knowing” that Obama and George Clooney molest children on a private island.

I’m not kidding.

Then you look at their Facebook post stating it and see 8 people liked the post.

This country is so far beyond fucked, it’s incredible.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 22 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/28/2020, 9:08 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Good bit of info from Dana Bash at CNN. Said the people she’s spoken to within his re-election inner circle have been trying to convince him his opponent is not Joe Biden. It’s The coronavirus and it’s beating him. Badly. He’s starting to realize he needs to change course or he’ll lose. We’ll see how this plays out. Can he help himself? He’s still painting a picture of BS, just in a better, less combative tone. I’m sure he’ll get better poll numbers with the tone change. This thing ain’t over folks. Never was of course. November is soooooo far away.

I can't imagine that he can keep that tone up for 3 weeks, let alone 3 months. If he does, it will show restraint that he has never shown before. Even if he does, it won't be anything close to enough. He will need it to magically go away, have a vaccine perfected and fully distributed well in advance of the election, and have the economy snap right back to pre-covid levels. All that, and the continued softer tone, is needed to significantly reduce the gap, but is still likely not enough.

But wouldn't that hurt Trump if it magically goes away, because rational people won't have any fears of going out to vote, no absurd claims of mail in voter fraud, etc.

So he only made it about a week with the new tone.

Trump retweets videos of doctor saying you don't need masks and hydroxychloroquine is a cure.

Trump proceeds to tout this doctor in his press conference.

Reporter tells Trump that the doctor in the video is on record as believing that alien DNA is being used in medicines, that doctors are putting stuff in vaccines that will make people stop believing in God, and also believes that gynecological issues are caused by sex with witches and demons. (Yes, really!)

Trump continues to defend it trying to say that the doctor was saying some very good things, then starts to take another question, but instead of letting the reporter finish the question, storms out of the press conference.

Somehow he continues to one up himself.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/28/2020, 9:56 pm

I’m guessing Binder Barbie signaled him to pull the plug at that very moment.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/29/2020, 4:57 pm

"Dr Fauci is throwing out a First Pitch? Oh yeah, well, I'M throwing out a first pitch, too....on, ah, August 15th, yeah, and for the uh, New York Yankees, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!" (Yankees say, What? No you aren't). "I've decided to cancel my throwing of the first pitch to focus on the virus."

"Why is Fauci's approval rating so high, but mine is low? He works for me, so my approval should be high, too. I guess people don't like me."

Sniff, sniff, Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 7/29/2020, 5:30 pm

Walking out of the Tuesday briefing after he was questioned on why he re-tweeted Dr Emanuella Samuel 's claims about the efficacy of hydroxycholorquinine and if he knew about her other claims,  President Trump walked out.

He's never figured out that the bush league moves he regularly used in businsess as CEO of a private company don't work out well if you are any elected official, especially POTUS.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/29/2020, 7:46 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Walking out of the Tuesday briefing after he was questioned on why he re-tweeted Dr Emanuella Samuel 's claims about the efficacy of hydroxycholorquinine and if he knew about her other claims,  President Trump walked out.

He's never figured out that the bush league moves he regularly used in businsess as CEO of a private company don't work out well if you are any elected official, especially POTUS.

He was caught of guard learning that his new hero is a nut job, and ran away from further questioning. But then 18 hours later doubles down on it and says how impressed he was by her.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/29/2020, 9:00 pm

SIAP, Trump has stopped advertising in Michigan.

Trump campaign goes quiet on Michigan airwaves
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 7/29/2020, 9:26 pm

I read that earlier. Very good news.

Hopefully Wisconsin and Pennsylvania are next.

Followed by Florida, Ohio and NC.

And then for the coup de grace, Texas and Georgia.

One can dream anyway.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 7/29/2020, 9:31 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:SIAP, Trump has stopped advertising in Michigan.

Could they do the same in FL, please? Or at least that commercial with the old scared lady should finish with blood splattered on the screen and Trump laughing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/29/2020, 9:40 pm

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:SIAP, Trump has stopped advertising in Michigan.

Could they do the same in FL, please? Or at least that commercial with the old scared lady should finish with blood splattered on the screen and Trump laughing.

There’s no virtually no path for him without Florida. He’ll spend every penny he has there.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/30/2020, 8:45 am

This election will be challenged in court. 100% guaranteed. Three swing states (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin) currently do not allow mailed in votes to be counted before Election Day. These states will be close obviously and GOP operatives will swarm in to challenge and reject votes. No way with the number of mailed in votes, will you get an election result the night of the election. There’s just to many. Of course the (R) controlled senate in Michigan will not allow a vote on the bill allowing the counting to begin Early. Im telling you a fix in the works. The GOP will reject any vote that shows a misspelling, any vote that shows the voter has multiple addresses in their history, etc. There is no reason to not allow early counting other that wanting the ability to scrub votes after polling has closed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 7/30/2020, 9:23 am

Welp, it's starting: Trump wants election delayed
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 7/30/2020, 9:24 am

It's official. He's so desperate this is all he can cling to. Delay and distrust.

[tw]1288818160389558273[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/30/2020, 9:27 am

Also wants more than $1200 stimulus payment because he “loves the people” plus gives him a buffer to announce a vaccine.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 9:41 am

kingstonlake wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

There’s no virtually no path for him without Florida. He’ll spend every penny he has there.

I have heard rumblings that he may give up on the Miami-Ft Lauderdale TV market, however, and focus the dollars elsewhere in the state where he can have more impact, as there probably aren't many undecideds here.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 7/30/2020, 9:43 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's official. He's so desperate this is all he can cling to. Delay and distrust.

He’s not going to go easily. I hope people understand this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 9:45 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's official. He's so desperate this is all he can cling to. Delay and distrust.

I believe one of the more astute posters here has been saying this would be his strategy for at least the last 6 months or so.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 9:46 am

Classic Trump. Says something that will rile everyone up, then when asked about will probably say, "I was just asking the question, not saying that we should."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 9:47 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I believe one of the more astute posters here has been saying this would be his strategy for at least the last 6 months or so.

Not only has an astute poster said it, but I think you have also said it, Bob.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 9:49 am

By the way, that tweet is doing a great job of diverting attention from the announcement of a 32% decline in GDP, the worst in history.

Guarantee that is exactly what the intention of the tweet was.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 10:12 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I believe one of the more astute posters here has been saying this would be his strategy for at least the last 6 months or so.

Not only has an astute poster said it, but I think you have also said it, Bob.
The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 22 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 10:13 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:By the way, that tweet is doing a great job of diverting attention from the announcement of a 32% decline in GDP, the worst in history.

true.

the worst economy since The Great Depression, 150,000+ dead Americans, trying to steal the limelight away from W, Clinton, Obama eulogizing John Lewis, etc..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 10:20 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:By the way, that tweet is doing a great job of diverting attention from the announcement of a 32% decline in GDP, the worst in history.

true.

the worst economy since The Great Depression, 150,000+ dead Americans, trying to steal the limelight away from W, Clinton, Obama eulogizing John Lewis, etc..

My wife and I were just imagining the conversation that those three will have about Trump today.

Bush: Damn, Bill, and I thought YOU were a womanizing sleaze ball.

Clinton: And I thought we'd never have as big of a moron as you, George.

Obama: Hell, I thought it was easy for me to look good after 16 years of you two, but Joe is really going to have it made.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/30/2020, 10:32 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I have heard rumblings that he may give up on the Miami-Ft Lauderdale TV market, however, and focus the dollars elsewhere in the state where he can have more impact, as there probably aren't many undecideds here.

I’ve been meaning to ask you. Percentage wise what is your opinion on Biden winning Florida? Maybe it’s the places I’ve been jading me (Mostly pan handle and collier county) but I just don’t see how Biden can win the state.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/30/2020, 10:49 am

I guarantee eventually you’ll see a tweet where he floats the idea of matching addresses of mail in votes to immigration status.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 10:50 am

now it's not even the worst economy since The Great Depression.. it's the worst drop on record.

New York (CNN Business) - The US economy contracted at a 32.9% annual rate from April through June, its worst drop on record, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said Thursday.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 10:55 am

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I’ve been meaning to ask you. Percentage wise what is your opinion on Biden winning Florida? Maybe it’s the places I’ve been jading me (Mostly pan handle and collier county) but I just don’t see how Biden can win the state.

I'd say a 60% chance Biden wins Florida. Generally I would have thought it's 50/50, but being so hard hit with Covid lately hurts him, including DeSantis. Polls range from Biden having a few percentage point lead to double digits, with some having Biden near, if not over, 50%. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Hillary or Trump having anywhere near 50% in the polls here.

Republicans won the governor and Senate in 2018, but they were very, very close, so it is still mostly a toss up, or perhaps just a slight Republican lean. But the economy, covid, and DeSantis just passing the buck to the counties, is probably going to give Biden the edge, unless something significant changes.

Disclaimer: I may be skewed by living in an area that is mostly Democrat, except for the Cubans which are overly Republican (for reasons that haven't been relevant in 30 years).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 11:01 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: true.

My wife and I were just imagining the conversation that those three will have about Trump today.

Bush: Damn, Bill, and I thought YOU were a womanizing sleaze ball.

Clinton: And I thought we'd never have as big of a moron as you, George.

Obama: Hell, I thought it was easy for me to look good after 16 years of you two, but Joe is really going to have it made.
The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 22 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 11:03 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:now it's not even the worst economy since The Great Depression.. it's the worst drop on record.

New York (CNN Business) - The US economy contracted at a 32.9% annual rate from April through June, its worst drop on record, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said Thursday.

But wait until the end of October when Q3 numbers come out. It will be up, say 10%, and he will tout it as the greatest recovery ever, ignoring the net loss. Just like when he talks about the most new jobs ever (even though they arent NEW jobs) or that June was the biggest month ever for retail (which it wasn't).

He would drop two $10 bills on the floor, pick one of them up and tell people that he made $10 (except on his taxes).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 11:16 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:now it's not even the worst economy since The Great Depression.. it's the worst drop on record.

But wait until the end of October when Q3 numbers come out. It will be up, say 10%, and he will tout it as the greatest recovery ever, ignoring the net loss. Just like when he talks about the most new jobs ever (even though they arent NEW jobs) or that June was the biggest month ever for retail (which it wasn't).

He would drop two $10 bills on the floor, pick one of them up and tell people that he made $10 (except on his taxes).
oh, I know - and a lot of people will believe it.. 'cause America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 7/30/2020, 12:39 pm

And any Q3 expansion will be from unearned income that was handed to Americans (not saying it shouldn’t have happened).
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 7/30/2020, 12:52 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I believe one of the more paranoid posters has too. Interesting. Others have rightly said that you can’t suspend the constitution. So it’s happening. Also absentee voting and mail-in voting are literally the exact same fucking thing.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 12:56 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I believe one of the more astute posters here has been saying this would be his strategy for at least the last 6 months or so.

I believe one of the more paranoid posters has too. Interesting. Others have rightly said that you can’t suspend the constitution. So it’s happening. Also absentee voting and mail-in voting are literally the exact same fucking thing.
I think our patriotic christian hero in the White House is coming unglued at the seams.. his dementia, drug-addiction and assortment of diseases seem to be exacerbating his already tenuous existence.

now you throw in paranoia, all of the seething hatred he harbors, etc. Dude is hanging by a thin thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 1:42 pm

from half hour ago:

The White House press pool was just abruptly called to gather. President Trump has nothing on his schedule for another 90 minutes.

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator trying to downplay the worst economy in the history of America and wanting networks to cut away from the John Lewis funeral.. and, of course, the mainstream media will probably do it. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 22 502811600 The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 22 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 7/30/2020, 1:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:

Portions of the constitution have certainly been suspended plenty of times before, especially in a national emergency. And he doesn't have to try to order a delay in the election, but he can try to order something that would keep people from voting (hypothetically a stay at home order, curfew, etc.). Notice I said "try", though. Obviously something that would impact the election would get the Supreme Court involved. Contrary to what some here think, the SC isn't going to do anything he wants, though.

As I've said before with some of these types of discussions, it is wise for us (especially those with power, but regular folk should as well) to be aware of what certain small actions now could potentially lead to down the road, and also to contemplate potential circumstances. If we wait until he actually does cross that extra line to raise a fuss about it, it is already too late.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/30/2020, 2:20 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Portions of the constitution have certainly been suspended plenty of times before, especially in a national emergency. And he doesn't have to try to order a delay in the election, but he can try to order something that would keep people from voting (hypothetically a stay at home order, curfew, etc.). Notice I said "try", though. Obviously something that would impact the election would get the Supreme Court involved. Contrary to what some here think, the SC isn't going to do anything he wants, though.

As I've said before with some of these types of discussions, it is wise for us (especially those with power, but regular folk should as well) to be aware of what certain small actions now could potentially lead to down the road, and also to contemplate potential circumstances. If we wait until he actually does cross that extra line to raise a fuss about it, it is already too late.
yeah - I suspect the Biden team has a team of lawyers on call for this sort of thing. Between all of the previous election interference from Russia, his requests from Ukraine, China, etc., not to mention his treasonous actions with the DOJ and other entities, I think (hope) the Democrats know that there is nothing our christian hero won't do and nothing the GOP won't support relative to him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 7/31/2020, 10:34 am

There is an op-ed in Newsweek about how Trump will continue to govern even after he loses the election.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

"The second pathway to subverting the election is even more ominous—but we must be cognizant of it because Trump is already laying the groundwork for how he can lose the popular vote, and even lose in the key swing states necessary for an Electoral College victory, but still remain president."

"Attorney General William Barr, known for his extremist view of the expanse of presidential power, is widely believed to be developing a Justice Department opinion arguing that the president can exercise emergency powers in certain national security situations, while stating that the courts, being extremely reluctant to intervene in the sphere of a national security emergency, would allow the president to proceed unchecked."

Read it and let me know what you think.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 7/31/2020, 11:54 am

steveschneider wrote:There is an op-ed in Newsweek about how Trump will continue to govern even after he loses the election.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

"The second pathway to subverting the election is even more ominous—but we must be cognizant of it because Trump is already laying the groundwork for how he can lose the popular vote, and even lose in the key swing states necessary for an Electoral College victory, but still remain president."

"Attorney General William Barr, known for his extremist view of the expanse of presidential power, is widely believed to be developing a Justice Department opinion arguing that the president can exercise emergency powers in certain national security situations, while stating that the courts, being extremely reluctant to intervene in the sphere of a national security emergency, would allow the president to proceed unchecked."

it's the reason that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is sending his thug goons into cities to start trouble. He wants/needs to create chaos, as it'll help him subvert election day, limit gathering at precincts, and lay the groundwork for the very emergency powers the article stated (though I didn't read it - I gleaned that from your post).

he's going to try everything. We've been saying this for months, if not years. He wants/needs people to die, it's part of why he doesn't care about the virus.

he's not going away. Putin and the mainstream media are doing everything they can to make sure of it.

I still think there is a good chance that he goes on to be with his heavenly father in god's kingdom with all of the other dead religious people before election day.. we'll see.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 7/31/2020, 1:00 pm

steveschneider wrote:There is an op-ed in Newsweek about how Trump will continue to govern even after he loses the election.

That is a downright scary chain of events.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 7/31/2020, 1:09 pm

Postal Service backlog sparks worries that ballot delivery could be delayed in November

DeJoy, a North Carolina logistics executive who donated more than $2 million to GOP political committees in the past four years, approved changes that took effect July 13 that the agency said were aimed at cutting costs for the debt-laden mail service. They included prohibiting overtime pay, shutting down sorting machines early and requiring letter carriers to leave mail behind when necessary to avoid extra trips or late delivery on routes.

The new policies have resulted in at least a two-day delay in scattered parts of the country, even for express mail, according to multiple postal workers and union leaders. Letter carriers are manually sorting more mail, adding to the delivery time. Bins of mail ready for delivery are sitting in post offices because of scheduling and route changes. And without the ability to work overtime, workers say the logjam is worsening without an end in sight.

The fact that Trump could appoint a huge donor as Postmaster General, who then helps rig the delivery system in Trumps favor should make everyone nauseous.

If only we had some Inspectors General still working for us.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum