Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-31, 13:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:There is an op-ed in Newsweek about how Trump will continue to govern even after he loses the election.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

"The second pathway to subverting the election is even more ominous—but we must be cognizant of it because Trump is already laying the groundwork for how he can lose the popular vote, and even lose in the key swing states necessary for an Electoral College victory, but still remain president."

"Attorney General William Barr, known for his extremist view of the expanse of presidential power, is widely believed to be developing a Justice Department opinion arguing that the president can exercise emergency powers in certain national security situations, while stating that the courts, being extremely reluctant to intervene in the sphere of a national security emergency, would allow the president to proceed unchecked."

Read it and let me know what you think.

That is a downright scary chain of events.

It really is. It’s all going to go down with support from his party, voters and Fox News. We have to accept a good chunk of Americans are on board with an authoritarian dictatorship lead by Donald Trump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26113
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-07-31, 14:39

he's gonna win, guys.

Putin, China, the mainstream media, et  al. are going to make sure of it.

(unless he goes on to be with his heavenly father and all of the other christians first).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-07-31, 15:01

Joe Biden's latest tweet: You won't have to worry about my tweets when I'm President
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3396
Join date : 2014-05-12

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-07-31, 15:17

[tw]1288980193831337984[/tw]
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22070
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-31, 17:47

Jake from State Farm wrote:Joe Biden's latest tweet: You won't have to worry about my tweets when I'm President

It's amazing that just acting like a mature adult is a winning campaign strategy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26113
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-07-31, 18:07

steveschneider wrote:There is an op-ed in Newsweek about how Trump will continue to govern even after he loses the election.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-trump-could-lose-election-still-remain-president-opinion-1513975

"The second pathway to subverting the election is even more ominous—but we must be cognizant of it because Trump is already laying the groundwork for how he can lose the popular vote, and even lose in the key swing states necessary for an Electoral College victory, but still remain president."

"Attorney General William Barr, known for his extremist view of the expanse of presidential power, is widely believed to be developing a Justice Department opinion arguing that the president can exercise emergency powers in certain national security situations, while stating that the courts, being extremely reluctant to intervene in the sphere of a national security emergency, would allow the president to proceed unchecked."

Read it and let me know what you think.


It's one thing to say that the Supreme Court is reluctant to get involved in national security matters. It is quite another to think that they're going to collectively say, "Welp, Trump said this is a national security issue, and Barr wrote this position on that, so I guess we have to stay out of it." The SC is not going to buy some fabricated nonsense like that, and are not going to let any national security issue (real or fake) stop an election. The conservative justices have shown in recent weeks that they aren't Trump shills. So much so that Jom Jordan referred to "5 liberal judges on the Supreme Court" today. As I've said, however, it is good to discuss and be aware of what he may TRY, even if we think he will fail.

What is still concerning, and very real, is the undermining of confidence in the election. Even if he willingly leaves office, there is a high likelihood that he will always call it rigged, fraudulent, etc. Hell, he calls the 2016 election rigged with millions of illegal immigrants voting, just so that he can claim he really won the popular vote. If he loses, he will continue to tweet, hold rallies, go on OAN, go on Fox, and talk about how Biden is illegitimate. There will be claims that they have evidence of fraud. There may even be fabricated evidence presented. It is all intended to erode the confidence in the government. We can't just say, "Who cares, the idiots that will believe that are inconsequential." We are still talking about millions that will believe that the government is illegitimate.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-07-31, 18:48

Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32020
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-08-01, 13:26

For some reason I have this weird feeling Biden is picking Warren to be his VP.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15600
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider on 2020-08-01, 14:18

kingstonlake wrote:For some reason I have this weird feeling Biden is picking Warren to be his VP.

Would be fine with me but I think it is looking like Harris. I think it sort of leaked out the other day.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26113
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-08-01, 14:34

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:For some reason I have this weird feeling Biden is picking Warren to be his VP.

Would be fine with me but I think it is looking like Harris. I think it sort of leaked out the other day.

Agreed. Only reason I say it is I get the usually email flood from the Biden campaign from donating a few times. One of the emails recently seemed curious. If I had to bet, yeah, Harris.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15600
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-01, 14:47

Trump: OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!!!!

Trump's son's school: Yeah, No, not happening.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-01, 19:42

kingstonlake wrote:For some reason I have this weird feeling Biden is picking Warren to be his VP.
I truly don't give a fuck who his VP nominee is.

Of course, the mainstream media will create a controversy about whoever is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by DWags on 2020-08-01, 20:30

I just found out my wife’s cousin is on your East Lansing city council on Duff and tGreenway. Lisa Babcock. She straight?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37494
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 58
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-08-02, 06:40

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3326
Join date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Rocinante on 2020-08-02, 12:04

Not a lot of info in that article about what the mayor and meadows issues with the other three are.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18266
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-02, 13:03

Rumors that our christian hero made an unplanned trip to Walter Reed (again).

Of course, the White House is denying it.. they're good christians so I can't imagine why they would lie.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider on 2020-08-02, 14:28

Just want to say we are under 100 days from the election. I plan on going to the polls and voting in person with an N95 on so that my vote is counted right away.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26113
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-02, 15:21

steveschneider wrote:Just want to say we are under 100 days from the election. I plan on going to the polls and voting in person with an N95 on so that my vote is counted right away.

If I vote by mail, I will drop it off in person, not use the mail. More people need to be aware of this option. If I dont do that, I will do early voting, as that will be pretty uncrowded, unfortunately. It frustrates me seeing the long lines on election day, especially because they aren't necessary. Most of the people that vote on election day could have voted earlier. The more that vote early, the fewer problems on election day for those that weren't able to vote early.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-02, 15:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:For some reason I have this weird feeling Biden is picking Warren to be his VP.
I truly don't give a fuck who his VP nominee is.

Of course, the mainstream media will create a controversy about whoever is.

I should hope so, that's their job to challenge and question politicians. I dont want the rest of the media treating Biden like Fox treats Trump.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-08-02, 15:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Rumors that our christian hero made an unplanned trip to Walter Reed (again).

Of course, the White House is denying it.. they're good christians so I can't imagine why they would lie.


Man, I sure hope it wasn’t hoax related.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15600
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-08-02, 16:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's gonna win, guys.

Putin, China, the mainstream media, et  al. are going to make sure of it.

(unless he goes on to be with his heavenly father and all of the other christians first).

Don’t think win is accurate.  Trump’s best shot is to perpetuate apathy like “he’s gonna win”, quietly continue to have GOP county clerks and State Sec of States continue to purge voter rolls under the cover of a the COVID-19 shutdown;
eliminate polling stations in primarily Democratic leaning precincts;
close USPS postal facilities;
in large facilities the newly appointed “Acting“ Postmaster General can’t close are already seeing GOP friendly Postmasters delay 1st class mail in favor of packages.

Best thing people who want Trump gone is to make sure your name hasn’t been purged from voter rolls and make sure your voter registration is up to date. Make sure you know where your precinct poll is located. Vote in person. If you get an absentee ballot, vote early and hand deliver to  the appropriate offices.  Take the USPS out of the equation.


Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2020-08-02, 17:08; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-02, 16:17

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I truly don't give a fuck who his VP nominee is.

Of course, the mainstream media will create a controversy about whoever is.

I should hope so, that's their job to challenge and question politicians. I dont want the rest of the media treating Biden like Fox treats Trump.
don't worry - they'll do everything they can to challenge and question the pick.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-02, 16:19

GRR Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's gonna win, guys.

Putin, China, the mainstream media, et  al. are going to make sure of it.

(unless he goes on to be with his heavenly father and all of the other christians first).

Don’t think win is accurate.  Trump’s best shot is to perpetuate apathy like “he’s gonna win”, quietly continue to have GOP county clerks and State Sec of States continue to purge voter rolls under the cover of a the COVID-19 shutdown;
eliminate polling stations in primarily Democratic leaning precincts;
close USPS postal facilities;
in large facilities the newly appointed “Acting“ Postmaster General can’t close are already seeing GOP friendly Postmasters delay 1st class mail in favor of packages.

Best thing people who want Trump gone is to vote in person, if they get an absentee ballot, vote early and hand deliver to  the appropriate offices.  Take the USPS out of the equation.
I'm not saying he'll "win" fairly.. I'm just saying that between Russia, the mainstream media, Sec. Of States, courts, etc. he won't be leaving.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-08-02, 17:14

China wants Trump gone. They want predictable markets.

Putin’s economy manufactures very little and it’s major exports are natural resources and he needs Trump to allow him to continue to hide assets in US real estate.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7692
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-08-02, 17:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just want to say we are under 100 days from the election. I plan on going to the polls and voting in person with an N95 on so that my vote is counted right away.

If I vote by mail, I will drop it off in person, not use the mail. More people need to be aware of this option. If I dont do that, I will do early voting, as that will be pretty uncrowded, unfortunately. It frustrates me seeing the long lines on election day, especially because they aren't necessary. Most of the people that vote on election day could have voted earlier. The more that vote early, the fewer problems on election day for those that weren't able to vote early.

I agree. My community has a dedicated drop-off box at the civic center and I'm betting most residents aren't aware of it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22446
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 60
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-08-02, 17:54

GRR Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's gonna win, guys.

Putin, China, the mainstream media, et  al. are going to make sure of it.

(unless he goes on to be with his heavenly father and all of the other christians first).

Don’t think win is accurate.  Trump’s best shot is to perpetuate apathy like “he’s gonna win”, quietly continue to have GOP county clerks and State Sec of States continue to purge voter rolls under the cover of a the COVID-19 shutdown;
eliminate polling stations in primarily Democratic leaning precincts;
close USPS postal facilities;
in large facilities the newly appointed “Acting“ Postmaster General can’t close are already seeing GOP friendly Postmasters delay 1st class mail in favor of packages.

Best thing people who want Trump gone is to make sure your name hasn’t been purged from voter rolls and make sure your voter registration is up to date. Make sure you know where your precinct poll is located. Vote in person. If you get an absentee ballot, vote early and hand deliver to  the appropriate offices.  Take the USPS out of the equation.

If all of that takes place, and I’d suspect it may, the outcome of a Trump victory may prove to far more dangerous than the GOP is willing to risk.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15600
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-03, 09:58

it's starting..

Nevada legislature passes a bill to expand mail in voting.. and the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator responds with "see you in court".

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump ·2h

In an illegal late night coup, Nevada’s clubhouse Governor made it impossible for Republicans to win the state. Post Office could never handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes without preparation. Using Covid to steal the state. See you in Court!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-03, 14:16

Breaking News: NEW YORK (AP) — New York prosecutor seeking Trump's tax returns cites reports of 'protracted criminal conduct' at the Trump Organization.

are we sure we're talking about the same guy? He seems like such an honest, reputable guy with the utmost of integrity.




Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by steveschneider on 2020-08-03, 15:43

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

If I vote by mail, I will drop it off in person, not use the mail. More people need to be aware of this option. If I dont do that, I will do early voting, as that will be pretty uncrowded, unfortunately. It frustrates me seeing the long lines on election day, especially because they aren't necessary. Most of the people that vote on election day could have voted earlier. The more that vote early, the fewer problems on election day for those that weren't able to vote early.

I agree. My community has a dedicated drop-off box at the civic center and I'm betting most residents aren't aware of it.

Solid points. I just want to make sure votes count and that sounds like a legit strategy. Amazing in America a country that brags about being the best country in the world we have to have this discussion.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26113
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-04, 05:36

Anyone think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's attack on the democratic process/voting will actually motivate more decent Americans to vote and possibly suppress the racist knuckle-draggers via a lack of enthusiasm?

I think it's possible, in theory.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-04, 11:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Anyone think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's attack on the democratic process/voting will actually motivate more decent Americans to vote and possibly suppress the racist knuckle-draggers via a lack of enthusiasm?

I think it's possible, in theory.


Yes, this has been discussed here and in the media. Republicans historically vote by mail more than Dems. They're also the ones that believe his nonsense about fraud the most. There's a very good chance this will hurt his own voting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-04, 11:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Anyone think that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's attack on the democratic process/voting will actually motivate more decent Americans to vote and possibly suppress the racist knuckle-draggers via a lack of enthusiasm?

I think it's possible, in theory.


Yes, this has been discussed here and in the media.  Republicans historically vote by mail more than Dems.  They're also the ones that believe his nonsense about fraud the most.  There's a very good chance this will hurt his own voting.
I know I (and probably others here) have said it before, but if you didn't know any better, you'd think he's deliberately trying to lose.. the irony would be, if that was the case, that his supporters are too stupid for him to throw the election.  The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-04, 13:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:


Yes, this has been discussed here and in the media.  Republicans historically vote by mail more than Dems.  They're also the ones that believe his nonsense about fraud the most.  There's a very good chance this will hurt his own voting.
I know I (and probably others here) have said it before, but if you didn't know any better, you'd think he's deliberately trying to lose.. the irony would be, if that was the case, that his supporters are too stupid for him to throw the election.  The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 502811600


Yeah, I've wondered about that. By over playing so much to his base, and alienating the rest of the country, he will lose, but his base will still adore him and he will be able to go out and give speeches to the adoring masses. And isn't that what he really craves above all?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-04, 13:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I know I (and probably others here) have said it before, but if you didn't know any better, you'd think he's deliberately trying to lose.. the irony would be, if that was the case, that his supporters are too stupid for him to throw the election.  The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 502811600


Yeah, I've wondered about that.  By over playing so much to his base, and alienating the rest of the country, he will lose, but his base will still adore him and he will be able to go out and give speeches to the adoring masses.  And isn't that what he really craves above all?
yep - he'll be able to give all the white supremacist speeches he wants.. until he goes on to be with his heavenly father and all the other christians that came before him.

I suspect, though, that the knuckled-draggin' racists will move on to something else.. canning beef parts or trying to get that last Pringle from the tubular chip container not meant for their genetically-stunted beefy handhooks.

or maybe retiring to Mio.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Nordic on 2020-08-04, 21:53

I'll give Biden credit. He's not over playing his hand. Just let Trump hang himself. His commercials are solid so far.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12317
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-05, 08:10

now apparently our christian hero is whining about the debates??

is there anything he doesn't whine about?? The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-08-05, 08:36

Prior to his recent stoppage of ads a couple of weeks ago, had you guys seen more Trump ads than Biden? I had by a large margin.

That will no longer be the case, even when Trump resumes advertising this week.

Approx spend so far:
Trump - $183m
Biden - $74m

Ordered for between Sept 1 and the election:
Trump - $147m
Biden - $280m

So Biden has a little more in total, but Trump shot his load early and is WAY behind on what he can spend now. It also sounds like Trump won't be going back on in Michigan, at least at this point. Theoretically Trump could raise more (as can Biden), but that's a massive gap to make up. And the rich dudes that he needs to donate are seeing the polls and getting reluctant to back a losing horse.

Of course, this is just candidate advertising. The PAC ads in favor of either. will probably start picking up in October, if not September.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-plans-to-spend-280-million-for-advertising-during-the-general-election-11596619800?reflink=share_mobilewebshare
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6606
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-05, 08:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:Prior to his recent stoppage of ads a couple of weeks ago, had you guys seen more Trump ads than Biden? I had by a large margin.

That will no longer be the case, even when Trump resumes advertising this week.

Approx spend so far:
Trump - $183m
Biden - $74m

Ordered for between Sept 1 and the election:
Trump - $147m
Biden - $280m

So Biden has a little more in total, but Trump shot his load early and is WAY behind on what he can spend now. It also sounds like Trump won't be going back on in Michigan, at least at this point. Theoretically Trump could raise more (as can Biden), but that's a massive gap to make up. And the rich dudes that he needs to donate are seeing the polls and getting reluctant to back a losing horse.

Of course, this is just candidate advertising. The PAC ads in favor of either. will probably start picking up in October, if not September.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-plans-to-spend-280-million-for-advertising-during-the-general-election-11596619800?reflink=share_mobilewebshare
been a lot more Biden ads in Michigan.

every now and then you'll see an anti-Biden ad but it's usually from some super PAC. There is one attacking something Biden said in 1987 (seriously.. 33 years ago).

meanwhile, the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator referred to 158,000 dead Americans as "it is what it is" Monday.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-08-05, 09:55

Trumps campaign wanting more debates might be window into his internal polling. Maybe I’m wrong but his people have to know that Trump in front of a camera is a losing proposition in the demographics he needs to improve on. Sounds like a Hail Mary in an attempt to have Biden say something stupid.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15600
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-08-05, 10:03

kingstonlake wrote:Trumps campaign wanting more debates might be window into his internal polling. Maybe I’m wrong but his people have to know that Trump in front of a camera is a losing proposition in the demographics he needs to improve on. Sounds like a Hail Mary in an attempt to have Biden say something stupid.
he knows he's losing and the only way he/Russia/the mainstream media can change that is to disenfranchise voters and create chaos.

and it'll probably work.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39630
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum