Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone here near Midland?

+12
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Heat Miser
The Pantry
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Motown Spartan
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anyone here near Midland? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone here near Midland?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-22, 09:10

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Its what FEMA uses to give the percentage of chance of flood to determine the cost of flood insurance. I live in a .01% flood area, or once in 1000 years, so I get to pay $465 a year in flood insurance.
Sounds cheap. Those in Florida and along the Gulf coast should be paying much more.

Good to know you're an expert on the various landscapes and drainage in the area.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-22, 09:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Sounds cheap. Those in Florida and along the Gulf coast should be paying much more.

Good to know you're an expert on the various landscapes and drainage in the area.
Arguing landscape and drainage in Florida? lol! Don't have to be an expert to know hurricanes come every year, or has common sense escaped you in the sun?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-05-22, 10:11

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Sounds cheap. Those in Florida and along the Gulf coast should be paying much more.

Arguing landscape and drainage in Florida? lol! Don't have to be an expert to know hurricanes come every year, or has common sense escaped you in the sun?

People that live closer to the ocean than him do pay much more. That's how insurance works. Except in Michigan, where everyone pays abnormally high rates for auto insurance.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-05-22, 10:16

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I said that is what I pay for Flood insurance, which is different than my house insurance with the hurricane premium. Without any discounts my home insurance would be around $5500 a year, and that is with a $17,500 deductible if I take damage from a hurricane. Otherwise it is a $2500 deductible. I pay an additional $460 a year for flood insurance, which most likely won't happen during a hurricane with where I live.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-05-22, 13:25

The Pantry wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don't live on the beach. Inten and I live close to each other, and it is a relatively low chance of flood. It's more than 10 miles inland, so storm surge isn't coming anywhere near me. There is a canal behind my house which height is highly controlled, and raised and lowered depending on the forecast for rain, and it's probably a good 8 feet or more below the level of my house to begin with.

This is two major "500 year floods" in the last 35 years in the mid-Michigan area, and you're saying Floridians should be paying more for flood insurance, right? Ok.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-22, 14:19

Heat Miser wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

People that live closer to the ocean than him do pay much more. That's how insurance works. Except in Michigan, where everyone pays abnormally high rates for auto insurance.
That's supposed to change July 1.  Whitmer signed the bill last May.  No idea why it takes over a year to implement.  My company designs, builds, and installs multi-station multi-robot cells in less time.  Lot of fucking around at the state level.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-05-22, 16:14

The Pantry wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

That's supposed to change July 1.  Whitmer signed the bill last May.  No idea why it takes over a year to implement.  My company designs, builds, and installs multi-station multi-robot cells in less time.  Lot of fucking around at the state level.
It was "bargained" into the bill to allow insurance companies to continue to rape... errr... prepare for the coverage switch. Insurance lobby is strong in the Capitol. (see: major industry in Lansing)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum