Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice)

+8
Nordic
Heat Miser
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
12 posters

Go down

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Empty Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice)

Post by steveschneider Wed May 20, 2020 4:32 pm

I'm going to stop wearing shorts. I saw a picture of myself in shorts the other year and in my middle age years it's just not a flattering look. I have pencil legs, a beer gut and it just looks disproportionate. when I have pants I'm able to conceal my beer gut a little better. I'll wear shorts in athletic/sporty situations or when I'm doing yard work but out and about I'd prefer that my legs are covered. Definitely looking for something casual, light weight and breathable. I'll hang up and listen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Empty Re: Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed May 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Sounds like insecurity to me, Steve. Life is too short to give a fuck about what people think

And i like Larry David.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Empty Re: Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice)

Post by steveschneider Wed May 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sounds like insecurity to me, Steve. Life is too short to give a fuck about what people think

And i like Larry David.

I agree however the one that has an issue with this look is myself.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed May 20, 2020 4:49 pm

Children wear shorts. Unless you’re swimming wear pants. There are many light weight pants options Steve. Welcome to adulthood
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed May 20, 2020 4:53 pm

you literally can't go wrong with a combo option

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Pants10
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed May 20, 2020 4:56 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:you literally can't go wrong with a combo option

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Pants10

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 502811600 Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 502811600 Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm

I can hear it now...

"Oh but CB...I work in an office. I could never pull the combo look off"

Think again

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Pants210

Last edited by CORNER BLITZ on Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm

You can have my khaki cargo shorts when you pry them from my cold, dead body.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Rocinante wrote:Children wear shorts. Unless you’re swimming wear pants. There are many light weight pants options Steve. Welcome to adulthood

Yeah, when I saw that pic of me wearing shorts, and a short sleeved button down I was like fuck that is terrible. Shorts were great back in the day when I'd wear surfer shorts and converse but now it's time to grow the fuck up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed May 20, 2020 5:04 pm

tGreenWay wrote:You can have my cargo jorts when you pry them from my cold, dead body.

Fixed
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed May 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:You can have my cargo jorts when you pry them from my cold, dead body.

Fixed

Is greenway an animal?? Does he not make his own jorts???
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Wed May 20, 2020 5:19 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Children wear shorts. Unless you’re swimming wear pants. There are many light weight pants options Steve. Welcome to adulthood

Yeah, when I saw that pic of me wearing shorts, and a short sleeved button down I was like fuck that is terrible. Shorts were great back in the day when I'd wear surfer shorts and converse but now it's time to grow the fuck up.

I don't think the shorts are the problem here.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed May 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't think the shorts are the problem here.

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 1966794946
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 pm

I have pencil legs, a beer gut 

Squats. Two birds, one stone, wear shorts.

I wear shorts 300 days out of the year. Not because I squat, but because they are comfortable and GAF.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed May 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Fuck that. Shorts all the way for me. Granted, I'd probably wear long pants a lot more if I was in Wyoming as opposed to Miami (in fact, the last time I wore long pants for something other than a client meeting, I WAS in Wyoming).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed May 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Downlo12
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Pants are ridiculous. Who wears pants unless required for work? Literally the only time I've worn pants in the past year is when I'm onsite with a client.

100% of the rest of the time I'm completely bare-assed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed May 20, 2020 6:16 pm

Fuck adulthood. They can pry my shorts off my cold, dead body. Or just burn me in them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed May 20, 2020 6:56 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pants are ridiculous. Who wears pants unless required for work? Literally the only time I've worn pants in the past year is when I'm onsite with a client.

Just don't fart in public bare assed, as that can spread the Rona.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed May 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Cameron wrote:Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Downlo12

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 502811600 Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 502811600 Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed May 20, 2020 9:21 pm

steveschneider wrote:I'm going to stop wearing shorts. I saw a picture of myself in shorts the other year and in my middle age years it's just not a flattering look. I have pencil legs, a beer gut and it just looks disproportionate. when I have pants I'm able to conceal my beer gut a little better. I'll wear shorts in athletic/sporty situations or when I'm doing yard work but out and about I'd prefer that my legs are covered. Definitely looking for something casual, light weight and breathable. I'll hang up and listen.

steveschneider wrote:

Casual?  Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 2705 
Light weight?  Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 2705 
Breathable?  Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) 2705
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed May 20, 2020 10:21 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pants are ridiculous. Who wears pants unless required for work? Literally the only time I've worn pants in the past year is when I'm onsite with a client.

This

Except the last part
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 am

I don't think I'm a linen pants or seer sucker guy. The search continues.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu May 21, 2020 9:35 am

steveschneider wrote:I don't think I'm a linen pants or seer sucker guy. The search continues.

Maybe you can make this look work.

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Image
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 21, 2020 9:40 am

Heat Miser wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I don't think I'm a linen pants or seer sucker guy. The search continues.

Maybe you can make this look work.

Taking a cue from Larry David...(need some advice) Image

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu May 21, 2020 2:33 pm

If you really want a real suggestion buy Nike Golf pants

lululemon makes some nice ones - but I'm cheap so can't bring myself to blow that chedda on pants
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 21, 2020 2:37 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:If you really want a real suggestion buy Nike Golf pants

lululemon makes some nice ones - but I'm cheap so can't bring myself to blow that chedda on pants

I consulted with the wife and she agreed my khaki shorts look is hideous. My days of khaki shorts with a polo or button down short sleeve shirt are over. She said if I'm doing shorts I gotta roll with the sportier athletic ones. I'm checking out your link now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu May 21, 2020 3:31 pm

Co-signed, except when mowing, using the chainsaw, or frying bacon. That’s when assless chaps come in mighty handy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu May 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Lemme guess: You has to answer your parents in only two ways:
Yes, Mother.
No, Mother.
Yes, Father.
No, Father.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Actually really liking the jogger pants on Lululemon. I'd want to try them on first who knows. Pretty solid recommend...thank you!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu May 21, 2020 3:36 pm

The only reason I know those come in green & white is because some RCMBer use to wear them to games.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu May 21, 2020 3:38 pm

Not to mention that whole lululemon is a cult thingy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down