Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Jake from State Farm on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 7:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did anyone see the sun in SE MI this evening? It was very strange. I almost thought it was the moon until I oriented myself and realized what direction I was facing and what time of day it was. It was just...there. Perfect sphere above the horizon. Hazy so you could almost look directly at it. Kind of eerie. I tried to take a picture but my camera didn't capture the definition of the sphere.

Edit to add... It was very large on the horizon. Like when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie. Definitely silver dollar nipples.

Smoke gets in everyone's eye
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 9:21

The Pantry wrote:btw...is Nevets still a chiropractor?

Yup.
I do get some extra benefits than other people. While he’s still fully licensed, he’s not practicing in an office right now. He’s worked for a lot of shitty people. So he’s trying to find a good place, but with COVID, there won’t be any openings for a while. He does these workman comp cases from home in the meantime.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 9:28

Dendrobates wrote:

Yup.
I do get some extra benefits than other people. While he’s still fully licensed, he’s not practicing in an office right now. He’s worked for a lot of shitty people. So he’s trying to find a good place, but with COVID, there won’t be any openings for a while. He does these workman comp cases from home in the meantime.

Ugh, that's gotta be rough. Hope you guys are managing ok.

I've got a brother in law that is/was an event coordinator down in Louisville. He hasn't worked for 6 months now. Shitty thing was he was just about set to sell the venue he owns to branch out and do something else with his career when the lockdown hit. Now he's stuck with this place until who knows when.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 10:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Yup.

Ugh, that's gotta be rough. Hope you guys are managing ok.

I've got a brother in law that is/was an event coordinator down in Louisville. He hasn't worked for 6 months now. Shitty thing was he was just about set to sell the venue he owns to branch out and do something else with his career when the lockdown hit. Now he's stuck with this place until who knows when.

This has actually been going on for 3 years now. Since having a kid. Out of 3 years, there have been 2 places he really wanted to work for, and he was the runner up both times. He’s been offered several jobs, but when he learns more about their practice, he doesn’t want to be a part of that. We can manage, although it’s not easy. Poor guy wants to get out and is done being home/stay at home dad. But many places/owners are toxic. So I don’t blame him being picky. COVID stalled his current job for 3 months, but it’s back to where it was. Despite it barely making anything, it’s better than nothing.

He does a phenomenal job as a stay at home dad though Random Ramblings - Page 15 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 11:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Did anyone see the sun in SE MI this evening? It was very strange. I almost thought it was the moon until I oriented myself and realized what direction I was facing and what time of day it was. It was just...there. Perfect sphere above the horizon. Hazy so you could almost look directly at it. Kind of eerie. I tried to take a picture but my camera didn't capture the definition of the sphere.

Edit to add... It was very large on the horizon. Like when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie. Definitely silver dollar nipples.
Strangely the sunrise here in Delaware looked like that this morning.  I am out walking before the sun comes up so I kind of keep track of the moon phases and saw the last waning crescent this morning.  I knew it was the sun - but is sure looked like a supersize full moon.  It was cool this morning was the first time in few months so our normal humid morning haze did not make much sense and the sun burns through that quickly. 

The smoke from the western wild fires as JFSF posted makes sense.

Edit:  The weatherman says there is not a cloud in the sky this morning yet is a very light gray, not its usual bright blue.  It is crazy.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 14:25

Too bad the forests aren't properly swept on the west coast....Rolling Eyes
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 16:01

Dendrobates wrote:

Yup.
Just curious. Has he ever worked for or interviewed at Discover Chiropractic? (Sq. Lake/John R)
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 12:29

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Yup.
Just curious. Has he ever worked for or interviewed at Discover Chiropractic? (Sq. Lake/John R)

No on both counts
He hasn’t heard of them. But there are so many out there, it’s really hard to know them. Looking on their website, they are Palmer grads. But we think Palmer grads are better trained than other schools.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 15:54

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Just curious. Has he ever worked for or interviewed at Discover Chiropractic? (Sq. Lake/John R)

No on both counts
He hasn’t heard of them. But there are so many out there, it’s really hard to know them. Looking on their website, they are Palmer grads. But we think Palmer grads are better trained than other schools.
Went to Discover about 10 years. Credit Christopher, the owner, with curing my string of sinus infections for good after antibiotics kept failing. Haven't had one in over 20 years, knock on wood.

Wasn't aware he had joined practices with the other guy.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 21:42

I live in Delaware.  Today I was out talking with a neighbor and a guy walks by wearing a shirt with this logo:

Random Ramblings - Page 15 State210
I instinctively say "go green."  The guy looks at me like I am stupid.  

I ask if he went to Michigan State.  He says "no, but my kid goes to Saint Marks."  Saint Marks is a local Catholic high school with a Spartan mascot very similar to ours.  I point out that his shirt doesn't really say Spartans.  Yeah, I am the stupid one.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 21:45

MSU addict wrote:I live in Delaware.  Today I was out talking with a neighbor and a guy walks by wearing a shirt with this logo:

Random Ramblings - Page 15 State210
I instinctively say "go green."  The guy looks at me like I am stupid.  

I ask if he went to Michigan State.  He says "no, but my kid goes to Saint Marks."  Saint Marks is a local Catholic high school with a Spartan mascot very similar to ours.  I point out that his shirt doesn't really say Spartans.  Yeah, I am the stupid one.
That is absurd, fuck that guy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 21:46

Although I guess that means our brand is strong...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 22:08

Cameron wrote:Although I guess that means our brand is strong...
That thought crossed my mind as well.  I have seen Saint Marks kids/parents wear MSU stuff, but usually it is just the Spartan head logo or something that says Spartans.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum