Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now..

+12
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Turtleneck
DWags
16 posters

Go down

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now.. Empty Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now..

Post by DWags 2020-05-29, 10:08

I am.

We have a leader who just fucking posted he wants people shot and killed. Justify it anyway you want. We have incidents of Murder in Georgia, Minnesota, and Kentucky that for all intents and purposes seem to be done through ignorance, "fear?", and malice towards a race by people who are supposed to protect us. We have a lady who was an executive in NY lying to police about being attacked by an African American who was fucking bird watching.

I think we're five months away from this country exploding into a civil war. An election that I was looking forward to, so we can help remove some stains, will not eliminate the people who are full of hate in this country. They're still going to be here, and if nothing else, Trumps election in 2016, bared these people openly to us.

I was at the point in life thinking that it will be pretty cool to start getting rooms and cottages ready in case I had grand kids in 4 or 5 years. Now, I don't give a shit about that. This is just nuts. "When the looting starts, the shooting starts'????? how the fuck do we come back from that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now.. Empty Re: Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now..

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-29, 10:11

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/psychic-who-predicted-jfk-assassination-21388817
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now.. Empty Re: Somebody tell me why I shouldn't be scared right now..

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-29, 10:11

It is very unsettling no question about it. i guess I'm prone to get anxious, and well those tweets last night definitely got me going.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-29, 10:22

Whether all-out anarchy happens in the next seven days, seven months or 17 years, the revolution is going to happen. Whether it happens as a right vs. left ideological meltdown or 1% vs. 99% overthrow, it's coming. The only question is what's on the other side.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-29, 10:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:The only question is what's on the other side.

The rise of tSwill.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-29, 10:33

DWags wrote:I am.  

We have a leader who just fucking posted he wants people shot and killed.  Justify it anyway you want.  We have incidents of Murder in Georgia, Minnesota, and Kentucky that for all intents and purposes seem to be done through ignorance, "fear?", and malice towards a race by people who are supposed to protect us.  We have a lady who was an executive in NY lying to police about being attacked by an African American who was fucking bird watching.  

I think we're five months away from this country exploding into a civil war.   An election that I was looking forward to, so we can help remove some stains, will not eliminate the people who are full of hate in this country.  They're still going to be here, and if nothing else, Trumps election in 2016, bared these people openly to us.  

I was at the point in life thinking that it will be pretty cool to start getting rooms and cottages ready in case I had grand kids in 4 or 5 years.   Now, I don't give a shit about that.  This is just nuts.  "When the looting starts, the shooting starts'?????  how the fuck do we come back from that?  
the amount of hate, anger and violence that arose from having a successful, beloved, universally admired black president is genuinely amazing.

the racist deplorables - we even see it here at tSwill - have been emboldened by the White House, there is no doubt about it. America needs to have a revolution at the voting precincts in November. That's why the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is doing everything he can to stop Americans from voting. He knows the clock is ticking.. it's just a matter of "if" decent Americans mobilize and turn out in November.

I do think we can get back to where America used to be, but it's not going to be easy and it won't be quick. The most vile, disgusting aspects of humanity used to lay in the weeds. Now they are amplified from the Oval Office and, as I mentioned, we even see it here. In our small message board community.. we see the seeds of hate that have blossomed here.

it's sad, sickening and disgusting - but we have to keep working toward bending that arc of the moral universe toward justice.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-05-29, 10:41

You should be frightened as am I.  I’ve been anticipating the current state of affairs BC (Before COVID-19)

Trump won The White House, has a what’s proven to be a veto proof majority in the Senate, named Barr to be the AG,  has approved 150 Federal Judges to lifetime appointments and has fired 4 Inspctor Generals (Regan fired all of them in 1981)

He wants to censor social media and sue all media.  He wants to have the power to order K-12 schools and churches to open.

Now he’s talking about shooting people and resuming nuclear testing.

DWags you are not an alarmist.  Our country elected a President who wants to be a dictator.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-29, 11:00

Also, I don't care what anyone says wait until he refuses to leave the White House. I read through every thoughtful answer as to why it won't happen and I dont' think Trump cares about any of the institutions or his supporters. He wants to be an authoritarian and authoritarians are going to authoritarian.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-29, 11:04

steveschneider wrote:Also, I don't care what anyone says wait until he refuses to leave the White House. I read through every thoughtful answer as to why it won't happen and I dont' think Trump cares about any of the institutions or his supporters. He wants to be an authoritarian and authoritarians are going to authoritarian.
yep - after his continual public display of total disregard for the Constitution, American values, the legal system, law enforcement, etc. it really is odd that some people think he'll just say 'okay, that was fun' and ride off into the sunset.

(if he loses in November.. which I don't think he will).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-05-29, 11:20

steveschneider wrote:Also, I don't care what anyone says wait until he refuses to leave the White House. I read through every thoughtful answer as to why it won't happen and I dont' think Trump cares about any of the institutions or his supporters. He wants to be an authoritarian and authoritarians are going to authoritarian.

It’s just a house steve. It doesn’t have magical powers. He can refuse to leave if he wants but it doesn’t make him still president.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-29, 11:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

It’s just a house steve. It doesn’t have magical powers. He can refuse to leave if he wants but it doesn’t make him still president.

We live in a time where Red State Americans boo the FBI because him and Fox News tells them too. They also believe in Q Anon. I'm not as optimistic, wish I was.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-29, 12:03

This is a really scary and unsettling time. It’s needed, but what’s going to happen? This is some crazy shit.

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-29, 12:10

103,000+ Americans dead.. a toll that will continue to rise.
The worst economy since The Great Depression.
A President who takes to social media and threatens to murder Americans.

you really do wonder when decent Republicans, if there are any left, will say 'enough'.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-05-29, 12:18

If it makes you feel any better dwags this is what republicans have been for a very long time now it’s just that you didn’t realize it until trump. It’s not like he changed anything or is an anomaly

[tw]1266398716115783683[/tw]

I hope I’ve made you feel better
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-29, 12:33

If someone could let me know when the “don’t tread on me locked and loaded combat ready super hero’s” are planning their protest at the Minnesota state capital, I’d appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-29, 12:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If it makes you feel any better dwags this is what republicans have been for a very long time now it’s just that you didn’t realize it until trump. It’s not like he changed anything or is an anomaly

[tw]1266398716115783683[/tw]

I hope I’ve made you feel better

Oh, I get it. But it seems like when you embolden somebody that is evil, they'll take every advantage of it. We've always had these people among us who are full of hate. just think in the past, they weren't as emboldened as they are now.

I think the tweet alone today, telling authority to shoot and kill American Citizens and giving them the white house and presidents blessing will cause more murders in the next couple of months than we've ever seen. October might be a blood bath.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-29, 12:38

I really love Will Smith’s quote, from several years ago:

Racism isn’t getting worse, it’s getting filmed
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-29, 12:46

Exactly. This isn’t the new Republican Party. It’s the same one that we’ve had since Nixon.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-29, 12:55

Make a deal with the protesters, right?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-29, 13:17

It’s all upside down, bro

[tw]1266392274549776387?s=21[/tw]

[tw]1266409249103417344?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-05-29, 13:19

I'm seeing some of my "online acquaintances" (wouldn't say "friends" at this point) who are starting to question Dear Leader.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-05-29, 13:31

You know what would help? Voting in someone who doesn't use hatred of "others" as a political platform. The Trump experiment has failed miserably. The authoritarian idiots of this country can't be allowed to fuck up this country any more than it already has been fucked up. This November may be the most important general election in this country's history.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-29, 13:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You know what would help? Voting in someone who doesn't use hatred of "others" as a political platform. The Trump experiment has failed miserably. The authoritarian idiots of this country can't be allowed to fuck up this country any more than it already has been fucked up. This November may be the most important general election in this country's history.
I don't think there is any question about that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-29, 13:50

Tim Wakefield wrote:I'm seeing some of my "online acquaintances" (wouldn't say "friends" at this point) who are starting to question Dear Leader.

Odds are they'll still vote for him sadly. Most of them are single issue voters and the RNC is good at keeping them on board.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-05-29, 13:51

Tim Wakefield wrote:I'm seeing some of my "online acquaintances" (wouldn't say "friends" at this point) who are starting to question Dear Leader.

I had an "online acquaintance" of mine calling for Governor Whitmer to be put to death over her handling of the coronavirus "hoax". He's been relegated to former acquaintance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-29, 13:58

Jake from State Farm wrote:

I had an "online acquaintance" of mine calling for Governor Whitmer to be put to death over her handling of the coronavirus "hoax". He's been relegated to former acquaintance.

Once Covid-19 started I muted all of my Maga friends. I just wasn't in the mood to see the usual dumb Nancy Pelosi memes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-29, 14:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You know what would help? Voting in someone who doesn't use hatred of "others" as a political platform. The Trump experiment has failed miserably. The authoritarian idiots of this country can't be allowed to fuck up this country any more than it already has been fucked up. This November may be the most important general election in this country's history.

Yes to aLL of this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-05-29, 15:12

Is there any precedent where a presidents lifetime appointees can be removed outside of impeachment? My fear is removing him is akin to dumping a teaspoon of water on a forest fire.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-29, 15:43

Prediction. Shit gonna get wild in the D tonight.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-29, 16:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Prediction. Shit gonna get wild in the D tonight.

You feeling the riot vibes?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-05-30, 07:50

It’s going to be ok you guys. Turn off the news.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-05-30, 10:54

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down