Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The civil unrest thread

+20
NigelUno
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
Cameron
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
msugolfguy
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
24 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The civil unrest thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The civil unrest thread

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-04, 13:10

Oops, wrong bible
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-04, 13:48

White Privilege in Pictures: Re-Open Protests vs. Black Lives Matter Protests

Last edited by Cameron on 2020-06-04, 13:48; edited 1 time in total
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-04, 13:48

Jake from State Farm wrote:Oops, wrong bible

While hilarious, the Christian cultists have made it clear it doesn’t matter what he does, they are with him. This will be over their heads and off their radars.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-04, 13:52

Cameron wrote:White Privilege in Pictures: Re-Open Protests vs. Black Lives Matter Protests

That’s good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-06-04, 14:03

Let me try to briefly tell you what an outside observer is seeing as the misinformation trend on social media. The narrative (sorry ‘neck) is beginning to take hold that 1). The cities where protests continue are democratically controlled so democrats are obviously almost as bad as republicans. 2). Voting doesn’t matter because this is happening no matter what party is in power.

If you don’t think these are narratives being pushed by Russia, or Russia-type propagandists, including the Trump campaign, you’re nuts. They don’t give a shit if you vote for them, they just want you not to vote. They have their solid 40% that’s going to vote for them no matter what. So if you don’t vote, they win. That’s what they are counting on. So don’t let motherfuckers push this propaganda.

There is an absolute difference and voting is necessary.

I god damned hate social media.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-04, 15:13

Rocinante wrote:Let me try to briefly tell you what an outside observer is seeing as the misinformation trend on social media. The narrative (sorry ‘neck) is beginning to take hold that 1). The cities where protests continue are democratically controlled so democrats are obviously almost as bad as republicans. 2). Voting doesn’t matter because this is happening no matter what party is in power.

If you don’t think these are narratives being pushed by Russia, or Russia-type propagandists, including the Trump campaign, you’re nuts. They don’t give a shit if you vote for them, they just want you not to vote. They have their solid 40% that’s going to vote for them no matter what. So if you don’t vote, they win. That’s what they are counting on. So don’t let motherfuckers push this propaganda.

There is an absolute difference and voting is necessary.

I god damned hate social media.

Good stuff.

Speaking of social media, saw Candace Owens post about trashing George Floyd is trending #1 on Facebook. What a garbage dump that site is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-04, 15:36

so.. apparently now the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is building a wall around.. himself? The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600

he promised the racist bigots they'd get their wall and now he's kinda like 'fuck it.. y'all are on your own'.

President Donald Trump is trapped inside the White House, as a tall and imposing wall is erected around him, and prison guards stand watch.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-04, 16:19

Total chaos erupts in SLC.

[tw]1268582434876133388?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-05, 09:01

Rocinante wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Oops, wrong bible

While hilarious, the Christian cultists have made it clear it doesn’t matter what he does, they are with him. This will be over their heads and off their radars.

Perhaps the hard core cultists, but his behavior this week really pissed off the Episcopalean and Catholic leaders. I know they're quite a bit different from the Evangelicals, but in trying to be President Christianity, he's offending big segments of Christians.

Simultaneously, he was pissing off current and former military leaders unlike ever before.

Really not a good couple of days with two segments that he absolutely needs on his side.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-05, 09:25

check this out, a mainstream media personality dressed up in Army gear and marched with the military so they could get some inside reporting.. The civil unrest thread - Page 8 1966794946

"I watched bottles and bricks and rocks be thrown at us throughout," Hegseth said. "This was a violent anti-cop, anti-American riot at many levels that would have gone much further without the additional federal support."

The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600 The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-05, 10:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:check this out, a mainstream media personality dressed up in Army gear and marched with the military so they could get some inside reporting.. The civil unrest thread - Page 8 1966794946

"I watched bottles and bricks and rocks be thrown at us throughout," Hegseth said. "This was a violent anti-cop, anti-American riot at many levels that would have gone much further without the additional federal support."

The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600 The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600

He is a retired Army National Guard officer, so it's fine that he put on the uniform. I don't really believe much of what he said since he lies for a living and is overall gross human. No, really, he is gross. He once claimed on air he doesn't wash his hands so he is immune from sickness.

Oh yeah, and this...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-06-05, 10:26

The narrative is “Anti-American”.

Any form of protest against the status quo (Policing, civil rights, income inequality) is anti-American ergo Donald Trump’s second term is the only thing that can save us.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2020-06-05, 11:39; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-05, 10:58

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:check this out, a mainstream media personality dressed up in Army gear and marched with the military so they could get some inside reporting.. The civil unrest thread - Page 8 1966794946

He is a retired Army National Guard officer, so it's fine that he put on the uniform. I don't really believe much of what he said since he lies for a living and is overall gross human. No, really, he is gross. He once claimed on air he doesn't wash his hands so he is immune from sickness.

Oh yeah, and this...

I'm sure he's an idiot. And I'm not at all surprised that the mainstream media would hire some former military mercenary to infiltrate Antifa live on camera. The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600 The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-05, 11:37

According to Trump, it's a great day to be dead.

[tw]1268920829074604032[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-05, 11:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:According to Trump, it's a great day to be dead.

[tw]1268920829074604032[/tw]

Master of spectacle, and grabbing attention. He's going to say crazy shit from now until the cows come home. His other line about being in perfect shape was just horse shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-05, 12:09

Just wow.

https://twitter.com/mayorbowser/status/1268928589975695361?s=21

DC is doing it right.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-05, 12:13

it's always a great day to be choked to the death.

oh - and remember, this guy is 'pro life'.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-05, 12:51

the Mayor of DC (who has two things going against her from a MAGA perspective: she's black AND a woman) just renamed the plaza in front of the White House - "Black Lives Matter Plaza".

well done, Mayor.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-05, 15:44

This makes me happy for a couple of reasons.

1. Macomb is pretty conservative politically
2. That part of Macomb is not particularly diverse in terms of black population. (~ 8% vs. ~ 13% for Oakland)

I know there has been stuff in Troy, which also makes me happy, but Troy is pretty liberal, especially socially, and also extremely diverse.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2020/06/05/macomb-county-anti-police-brutality-protest/3155893001/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-05, 17:16

Step in the right direction.

https://twitter.com/alivelshi/status/1268960910871269382?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-06-05, 17:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This makes me happy for a couple of reasons.

2. That part of Macomb is not particularly diverse in terms of black population. (~ 8% vs. ~ 13% for Oakland)

I know there has been stuff in Troy, which also makes me happy, but Troy is pretty liberal, especially socially, and also extremely diverse.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/macomb/2020/06/05/macomb-county-anti-police-brutality-protest/3155893001/

This is very close where I live, and has been listed as a march all this week. My concern now is the stupid Shelby twp chief police. He had a troll twitter account that was linked to him. The shit he said wasn’t good. So I could see shit getting bad because of him.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-05, 17:31

Dendrobates wrote:

This is very close where I live, and has been listed as a march all this week. My concern now is the stupid Shelby twp chief police. He had a troll twitter account that was linked to him. The shit he said wasn’t good. So I could see shit getting bad because of him.

To any poster that considers going you should look at the shit that has gone down at other protests in the 'f the police thread'. I'd seriously go with safety equipment on. You should expect to get gassed, hit or shot at with a rubber bullet. Hong Kong protestors show up prepared, and I've seen enough the police are coming to these ready to fight.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-05, 17:47

Dendrobates wrote:

As a Shelby Twp resident, Chief Shelide has become an overnight embarrassment. He needs to fired for conduct unbecoming. Fuck his apology.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-05, 21:33

There was one at Troy Athens tonight. I would have taken my 10 year old in a heartbeat if we had been home but we were across town at my parents. Troy police are by and large awesome. Wife saw lots of folks from our kids school were there on FB. Bummed we couldn't join them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-06, 22:10

[tw]1269432974203895812?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-07, 11:28

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an-antifa-twitter-account-that-called-for-looting-white-hoods-was-actually-run-by-white-nationalist-group-identity-evropa/ar-BB14VbX3?ocid=sf

An 'ANTIFA' Twitter account that called for looting 'white hoods' was actually run by white nationalist group Identity Evropa
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-07, 12:42

Turtleneck wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/an-antifa-twitter-account-that-called-for-looting-white-hoods-was-actually-run-by-white-nationalist-group-identity-evropa/ar-BB14VbX3?ocid=sf

An 'ANTIFA' Twitter account that called for looting 'white hoods' was actually run by white nationalist group Identity Evropa

Yeah, CNN or MSNBC showed this last week (pointing out who was really behind it) because Donny Junior supposedly fell for it and tweeted it to show what a terrorist organization Antifa is.

I say "supposedly", because it is hard to be sure if he really fell for it or knew who was behind it and that's why he tweeted it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-07, 18:06

You all understand ANTIFA is mostly kids recruited from college campuses by far left wingers, correct?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-07, 18:44

The Pantry wrote:You all understand ANTIFA is mostly kids recruited from college campuses by far left wingers, correct?

Anyone that peacefully opposes this totalitarian regime is cool in my book.

The violent Antifa members can go to war with the Boogaloo boys. You signing up Pantry? You've been creaming in your pants for a civil war for quite some time now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-06-07, 20:03

The Pantry wrote:You all understand ANTIFA is mostly kids recruited from college campuses by far left wingers, correct?

You understand that 73% of violent extremist acts that resulted in deaths since September 12, 2001, have been carried out by right wing groups, correct? (this is a US government number).

And of course, without a doubt, you understand that where the members of antifa come from and who recruits them has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that white supremacists faked a tweet by them to make them look bad, correct?....and that Donny Jr fell for it (if we give him the benefit of the doubt that he is merely dumb and didn't know the real origin even though it had been reported for days).

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-07, 20:10; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-07, 20:08

I'm proud to be anti-fascist.  The civil unrest thread - Page 8 969504605

(I don't even know what Antifa is, but if racists hate them, they're cool in my book).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-06-07, 20:59

antifa is a right wing media creation. Period.

I kind of wish there were a real organization set to fight fascism at every turn. But the last one I know about was the us military in 1940's...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-06-07, 21:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
antifa is a right wing media creation. Period.

I kind of wish there were a real organization set to fight fascism at every turn. But the last one I know about was the us military in 1940's...
funny when republicans pretty well admit they're pro-fascism.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-08, 09:17

The civil unrest thread - Page 8 Its-fun-to-make-things-up-quote-1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-08, 10:20

Turtleneck wrote:

The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600 You clowns do it multiple times every day.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-06-08, 10:46

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

The civil unrest thread - Page 8 502811600 You clowns do it multiple times every day.

You haven’t seen a presidential briefing in the last 3 1/2 years, have you?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-06-08, 18:54

ANTIFA!!!! Oh, wait....

[tw]1270026760785203204?s=21[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck