Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Trump doubles down on his own stupidity.

President Donald Trump on Tuesday insisted he was serious when he revealed that he had directed his administration to slow coronavirus testing in the United States, shattering the defenses of senior White House aides who argued Trump’s remarks were made in jest.

“I don’t kid. Let me just tell you. Let me make it clear,” Trump told reporters, when pressed on whether his comments at a campaign rally Saturday in Tulsa, Okla., were intended as a joke.

“We have got the greatest testing program anywhere in the world. We test better than anybody in the world. Our tests are the best in the world, and we have the most of them. By having more tests, we find more cases,” he continued.
reminder that he and his supporters are 'pro-life'.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:22 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:14 cases traced back to idiots at Harpers.

because America is a stupid, selfish country... and I know this isn't the right thread - but this is exactly why football won't happen this fall.

I’d appreciate if it’s a news story a link. I know one young lady I need to send all stories like that to. I’ve lost the battle of her staying home one more semester.

Something tells me the battle won't matter and the decision will be made for her. I just don't see campus being open in 60 days.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:48 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’d appreciate if it’s a news story a link. I know one young lady I need to send all stories like that to.    I’ve lost the battle of her staying home one more semester.

Something tells me the battle won't matter and the decision will be made for her. I just don't see campus being open in 60 days.
yeah, my daughter has already had one fall semester class converted online. I suspect most others might follow.

as I believe I mentioned here, she's in a fairly small college, so a lot of her major-specific courses only have 14-18 students in them anyway. They can practice social distancing in those, wearing masks etc.

my apprehension isn't what happens on campus. MSU has a lot of fairly extraordinary contingency plans in place for buildings, residence halls, dining halls, etc - the recklessness will occur off campus and then be brought on campus the next day, the next week. MSU can't do anything about that.

but, yeah, I admire the optimism of MSU (and most other schools at this point), but things will change between now and then. The most frustrating part, aside from the fact that this was ignored for so long and people are dead because of it, is that our state has done magnificent things with regard to stopping the spread, flattening the curve.. but somehow a virus - a FUCKING VIRUS - has been spun into a political issue because America is too selfish to care about other people.

we're going to see a spike.. the country is already seeing it. And that comes from the top down. It's deliberate, purposeful and premeditated. And it's disgusting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Hey Bob and GreenWay, you both need to isolate yourselves. That means no Internet because viruses spread via computers, too.

https://statenews.com/article/2020/06/harpers-restaurant-and-brewpub-to-temporarily-close-following-at-least-14-positive-covid-19-cases?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_featured
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Hey Bob and GreenWay, you both need to isolate yourselves. That means no Internet because viruses spread via computers, too.

https://statenews.com/article/2020/06/harpers-restaurant-and-brewpub-to-temporarily-close-following-at-least-14-positive-covid-19-cases?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_featured

No way, really?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Harpers!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:08 pm

5500 new cases in Florida yesterday. Blowing away our daily record yet again.

Prior to June 10, Florida had only ever had 1 day with more than 1500 cases (a little over 2000 back in early April). Every day since has been over that, most days WAY over.

Thanks, Millenials (those whippersnappers are the ones driving the spike).

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:40 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:5500 new cases in Florida yesterday.  Blowing away our daily record yet again.

Prior to June 10, Florida had only ever had 1 day with more than 1500 cases (a little over 2000 back in early April).  Every day since has been over that, most days WAY over.  

Millenials are old now, blame gen z.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:51 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:5500 new cases in Florida yesterday. Blowing away our daily record yet again.

Prior to June 10, Florida had only ever had 1 day with more than 1500 cases (a little over 2000 back in early April). Every day since has been over that, most days WAY over.

It’s the testing. Turns out, the more you test, the more positive cases you get. Maybe we should test less...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:27 am

Is this weeks Covid Hoax talking point that hospitals are making lots of $$ off of Covid? I've heard it a couple of times in the last few days. Obviously all the information came from Youtube. I was asked if the hospital my wife works at is supposed to change people to having Covid so they get more $$. I don't know, its whacko.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:31 am

InTenSity wrote:Is this weeks Covid Hoax talking point that hospitals are making lots of $$ off of Covid? I've heard it a couple of times in the last few days. Obviously all the information came from Youtube. I was asked if the hospital my wife works at is supposed to change people to having Covid so they get more $$. I don't know, its whacko.

Which physicians would lose their license if they listed those causes just because. No one is going to risk that. And physicians do not see extra money from any of that either.
But you know, people don’t like hearing the truth that their dumbass selves are making things worse.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:55 am

InTenSity wrote:Is this weeks Covid Hoax talking point that hospitals are making lots of $$ off of Covid? I've heard it a couple of times in the last few days. Obviously all the information came from Youtube. I was asked if the hospital my wife works at is supposed to change people to having Covid so they get more $$. I don't know, its whacko.

The opposite is true. Hospitals are losing money because of covid.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:07 am

The number from Harper's is now up to 34 positive tests for the hoax.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 am

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Fb_img14
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:11 am

Dendrobates wrote:Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Fb_img14

The Trump Virus is much much worse and has inflicted way more damage than COVID. As a matter of fact I’m starting to think COVID is part of the cure for the TRUMP virus.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 am

Yeah, someone here posted something similar that they had seen on FB or somewhere saying similar things. It isn't that hospitals don't make anything off Covid patients, it's that Covid causes them to lose procedures that make them so much more money than they make from Covid. And the hospitals will ultimately only be paid by insurance/medicare/Cares Act a fraction of the numbers that people see on the bills.

I work with a hospital down here (not your wife's) and can assure anyone that they are hurting badly due to having to stop non-emergency procedures for 2+ months. And now with the spike in hospitalizations, it's not getting better for them.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:26 am

[tw]1276172320965636099[/tw]

You have to appreciate corona virus humor.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:52 am

It is always jarring to me when I am reminded that the Daily Show still exists, post-Stewart.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:20 pm

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:42 pm

InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm

I've seen a few posts where a friend of a friend got killed in a motorcycle crash and the hospital classified it as a covid-19 death so they could get the $35k the government pays out.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Fb_img14

The Trump Virus is much much worse and has inflicted way more damage than COVID. As a matter of fact I’m starting to think COVID is part of the cure for the TRUMP virus.

Good point
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Local company has started manufacturing hand sanitizer stations.  Supposedly sold a bunch to GM, Ford and FCA so far.  $600.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Saniti10

Last edited by The Pantry on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : price update)
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:17 pm

The Pantry wrote:Local company has started manufacturing hand sanitizer stations.  Supposedly sold a bunch to GM, Ford and FCA so far.  $600.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 Saniti10

Those are a good idea.

In my OB office, there were several cardboard standing stations for hand sanitizer. First I had seen those. It kind of reminded me of those movie theater cut out advertisements, because it was big, boxie, and purell labeled all over. Still a good thing to have around.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Local company has started manufacturing hand sanitizer stations.  Supposedly sold a bunch to GM, Ford and FCA so far.  $600.

Those are a good idea.

In my OB office, there were several cardboard standing stations for hand sanitizer.  First I had seen those. It kind of reminded me of those movie theater cut out advertisements,  because it was big, boxie, and purell labeled all over. Still a good thing to have around.
Some good features designed into it:

No electricity or batteries
2 gallon capacity
Can use any brand of sanitizer (doesn't require proprietary refills)

All they've built so far have been made from stainless steel.  They've discussed also offering a version using mild steel for the stampings, which would cut the price maybe $150, but everyone wants stainless.

Feel free to pass the info on to someone at Beaumont.  If they're interested, get back to me.  I'll see what kind of commission I can arrange for a mulit-unit sale and split it with you Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 55953254
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Starting to think that electing a guy who bankrupted 5 businesses to "run America like a business" wasn't a good idea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Cameron wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:5500 new cases in Florida yesterday.  Blowing away our daily record yet again.

Prior to June 10, Florida had only ever had 1 day with more than 1500 cases (a little over 2000 back in early April).  Every day since has been over that, most days WAY over.  

Umm, no. Median age of recent cases in Florida is around 30. Millenials are about 23-39.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Umm, no.  Median age of recent cases in Florida is around 30.  Millenials are about 23-39.

How dare you confront my deflection with facts?!

Reality can be so inconvenient...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:23 pm

63 positive cases of the hoax now attached to Harper's.

also, kid texted and told me two more of her fall semester courses were moved online (not shocking, of course).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:63 positive cases of the hoax now attached to Harper's.

also, kid texted and told me two more of her fall semester courses were moved online (not shocking, of course).

MSU: We will hold classes in the fall and students are expected to return to campus ( Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 4113017228 unless they have lab components, classes will be remote so you could have probably just stayed home
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:16 pm

In case anyone’s interested today’s briefing so far with Pence and Birx talking. Everything’s great because the current spike compared to New York is smaller. Big win. Hate to say it but Nob was right about Birx. She’s overtly underplaying
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Oh and the good news is younger people getting it means less death for them. And go shopping.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:17 pm

Fauchi is more direct on what’s going on. Less cheerleading.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:19 pm

kingstonlake wrote:In case anyone’s interested today’s briefing so far with Pence and Birx talking. Everything’s great because the current spike compared to New York is smaller. Big win. Hate to say it but Nob was right about Birx. She’s overtly underplaying  
shocked.. SHOCKED.. that Dr. Scarf would adhere rigidly to the predetermined narrative coming from the same person who called a virus that has killed 125,000+ Americans a 'hoax'.

(keep in mind, she went on the various media chat shows and talked about how brilliant our christian hero in the White House is). Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:In case anyone’s interested today’s briefing so far with Pence and Birx talking. Everything’s great because the current spike compared to New York is smaller. Big win. Hate to say it but Nob was right about Birx. She’s overtly underplaying  
shocked.. SHOCKED.. that Dr. Scarf would adhere rigidly to the predetermined narrative coming from the same person who called a virus that has killed 125,000+ Americans a 'hoax'.

(keep in mind, she went on the various media chat shows and talked about how brilliant our christian hero in the White House is). Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600

She didn't do anything like that, but you be you. Call out people that lie, and then lie yourself. Call out people that ignore scientific facts, and then mock scientists that are presenting facts.

Kingston, I think you read into it something that isn't there. She presented the facts, without much comment, as a good data nerd should do. Everything she showed was to highlight the spikes taking place. The only time NY was mentioned was a graph that showed the top 10-12 states in terms of cases (which was then followed by the next 10-12, and the next 10-12 after that). It would be pretty disingenuous to leave off one state while showing all of the others, wouldn't it? Maybe you also noticed that she directly contradicted the Trump/Pence narrative that cases are only up because testing is up, by showing/discussing several slides that were about the increased positivity rate.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:01 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

She didn't do anything like that, but you be you. Call out people that lie, and then lie yourself. Call out people that ignore scientific facts, and then mock scientists that are presenting facts.

Kingston, I think you read into it something that isn't there. She presented the facts, without much comment, as a good data nerd should do. Everything she showed was to highlight the spikes taking place. The only time NY was mentioned was a graph that showed the top 10-12 states in terms of cases (which was then followed by the next 10-12, and the next 10-12 after that). It would be pretty disingenuous to leave off one state while showing all of the others, wouldn't it? Maybe you also noticed that she directly contradicted the Trump/Pence narrative that cases are only up because testing is up, by showing/discussing several slides that were about the increased positivity rate.
you're welcome to your own assessment. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Dr. Birx only has moments, she's gone back and forth. I didn't watch it all since Pence's voice and his words are so sick and hollow that it drives me nuts. Fauci looks like a beaten man. The only thing I saw that Birx did of worth today was to encourage masks. Meanwhile, this from a virologist at Columbia after the task force show...

[tw]1276591115521552384[/tw]
[tw]1276591143426256896[/tw]
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:36 pm

oh and now all we need is Trump to say that Dick Cheney is a far-left lib turd.

[tw]1276591702321647616[/tw]
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Nob. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 9 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:44 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It felt to me like she was selling the admins continued down playing of the virus. I mean at one point they had a different map of the states with red shaded areas over cities instead of highlighting the whole state as an increased rate. Pence said “this is how we prefer to look at it” why? Cause it’s cleaner looking? JFC. 70,000 people have died since their last briefing. And there’s now an uptick. So they came out selling and down playing. Hard disagree my friend.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum