Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 10 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-26, 18:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:In case anyone’s interested today’s briefing so far with Pence and Birx talking. Everything’s great because the current spike compared to New York is smaller. Big win. Hate to say it but Nob was right about Birx. She’s overtly underplaying

Nob. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 10 502811600
That was an accident!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-26, 19:06

MattyFresh wrote:Dr. Birx only has moments, she's gone back and forth. I didn't watch it all since Pence's voice and his words are so sick and hollow that it drives me nuts. Fauci looks like a beaten man. The only thing I saw that Birx did of worth today was to encourage masks. Meanwhile, this from a virologist at Columbia after the task force show...

[tw]1276591115521552384[/tw]
[tw]1276591143426256896[/tw]

I may not have been paying attention to everything, but I'd be curious what she liked about?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-26, 19:15

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

She didn't do anything like that, but you be you. Call out people that lie, and then lie yourself. Call out people that ignore scientific facts, and then mock scientists that are presenting facts.

Kingston, I think you read into it something that isn't there. She presented the facts, without much comment, as a good data nerd should do. Everything she showed was to highlight the spikes taking place. The only time NY was mentioned was a graph that showed the top 10-12 states in terms of cases (which was then followed by the next 10-12, and the next 10-12 after that). It would be pretty disingenuous to leave off one state while showing all of the others, wouldn't it? Maybe you also noticed that she directly contradicted the Trump/Pence narrative that cases are only up because testing is up, by showing/discussing several slides that were about the increased positivity rate.

It felt to me like she was selling the admins continued down playing of the virus. I mean at one point they had a different map of the states with red shaded areas over cities instead of highlighting the whole state as an increased rate. Pence said “this is how we prefer to look at it” why? Cause it’s cleaner looking? JFC. 70,000 people have died since their last briefing. And there’s now an uptick. So they came out selling and down playing. Hard disagree my friend.

It's a problem showing which counties it is worse in? That's how they're reported, and local and state governments (including Cuomo and Whitmer) have shown similar maps and/or designations that outlined the counties that are having it worse. Just wondering why that's bad now?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-26, 19:55

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

She didn't do anything like that, but you be you. Call out people that lie, and then lie yourself. Call out people that ignore scientific facts, and then mock scientists that are presenting facts.

Kingston, I think you read into it something that isn't there. She presented the facts, without much comment, as a good data nerd should do. Everything she showed was to highlight the spikes taking place. The only time NY was mentioned was a graph that showed the top 10-12 states in terms of cases (which was then followed by the next 10-12, and the next 10-12 after that). It would be pretty disingenuous to leave off one state while showing all of the others, wouldn't it? Maybe you also noticed that she directly contradicted the Trump/Pence narrative that cases are only up because testing is up, by showing/discussing several slides that were about the increased positivity rate.

It felt to me like she was selling the admins continued down playing of the virus. I mean at one point they had a different map of the states with red shaded areas over cities instead of highlighting the whole state as an increased rate. Pence said “this is how we prefer to look at it” why? Cause it’s cleaner looking? JFC. 70,000 people have died since their last briefing. And there’s now an uptick. So they came out selling and down playing. Hard disagree my friend.
yep.

Maybe a controversial opinion in 2020 America, but I'm not really interested to hear what white supremacists and their hired hands have to say.

Kinda old fashioned, I guess.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-26, 20:32

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

It's a problem showing which counties it is worse in?  That's how they're reported, and local and state governments (including Cuomo and Whitmer) have shown similar maps and/or designations that outlined the counties that are having it worse.  Just wondering why that's bad now?  

My take was they didn’t like the look of a map that showed more red than not red. Which of course gives the political vibe to me. I mean they pretty much said it. “This is how we prefer to look at it” sure it looks less red. It’s basically the same map conservatives like to use when looking at voting heat maps. Look at all the red! And that little blue dot over New York where 5 million problem live. I don’t know man, it was pretty pathetic to me. I can’t remember. Was there any information on a plan to stop the uptick out side of pence saying listen to your local authorities who tell you to use a mask while we show up at a rally without them? Freedom to assemble!! Anything on progress of vaccinations?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-26, 23:29

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

It's a problem showing which counties it is worse in?  That's how they're reported, and local and state governments (including Cuomo and Whitmer) have shown similar maps and/or designations that outlined the counties that are having it worse.  Just wondering why that's bad now?  

My take was they didn’t like the look of a map that showed more red than not red. Which of course gives the political vibe to me. I mean they pretty much said it. “This is how we prefer to look at it” sure it looks less red. It’s basically the same map conservatives like to use when looking at voting heat maps. Look at all the red! And that little blue dot over New York where 5 million problem live. I don’t know man, it was pretty pathetic to me. I can’t remember. Was there any information on a plan to stop the uptick out side of pence saying listen to your local authorities who tell you to use a mask while we show up at a rally without them? Freedom to assemble!! Anything on progress of vaccinations?

Aren't you doing the same thing, but in reverse, wanting to see something that shows red in a wider geographic area so that it looks worse? A map that doesn't distinguish between Detroit and Iron Mountain, but does distinguish between Detroit and Toledo? That doesn't make sense to me if you're trying to look at hotspots. The main map that the NYT shows, as well as CNN, are basically the same as what they showed in the briefing, so are you thinking they're trying to downplay it? (FWIW, I'm referring to the main map on CNN's site, which is by county....but on TV they like to show just the states for whatever reason).

Maybe it is because I'm kind of a data nerd and part of my job is drilling down research and data to find the detailed stories, that I appreciate the maps/graphs that are more of a deeper dive into the data than just a simple graph of number of cases or a state by state map. And on a more direct level, I care far more about what the data is showing in South Florida than I do in Jacksonville or Pensacola. I have about 8 sites bookmarked with covid data parsed and presented in different ways that I look through fairly regularly. But I have heard people suggest that Birx's charts are too technical and they think she's using that to confuse people or obscure the facts. I guess fair enough if that's how people see it, but I get more out of the technical charts and the data geek speak, so maybe that is why I like her briefings.

That's not to say that she can do no wrong. I focus on the facts she presents, but if someone provides something to the contrary I'll evaluate that. I just have trouble with the narrative that she was following the party line, when she literally contradicted the biggest party line of all about the increases, one which Pence had asked governors to perpetuate (that increased cases are just a result of increased testing).

FWIW, I posted my thoughts on Pence's "freedom to assemble" comments in tBin where it belongs, so I'd rather not here.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake and MattyFresh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-27, 13:50

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2020/06/27/harpers-bar-east-lansing-coronavirus-grosse-pointe/3268551001/

What a fiasco and a cautionary tale to take this shit fucking seriously. I see people out here sitting inside places now. No fucking way I’ll sit in a dining room or a bar.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-27, 15:08

leave it to CNN to get a headline wrong.

"Residents" aren't being asked to quarantine, CNN. Just the selfish, spoiled brat kids.

If you wanna know how America got to where we are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-27, 15:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:leave it to CNN to get a headline wrong.

"Residents" aren't being asked to quarantine, CNN. Just the selfish, spoiled brat kids.

I know we have to get the economy going again but I just do not think it's safe to sit inside a bar at this point. They should open up outdoor areas and allow to go drink cups.

Also, I see so many people that can't even put on a mask right or follow six feet spacing guidelines. Every where I go I see people with their noses out over the top of the mask. When you go on an airplane and have to sit through the safety instructions on how to operate a seat belt when you realize how many morons can't even wear a mask right you start to understand why the airline safety speech is necessary.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-27, 17:09

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:leave it to CNN to get a headline wrong.

I know we have to get the economy going again but I just do not think it's safe to sit inside a bar at this point. They should open up outdoor areas and allow to go drink cups.

Also, I see so many people that can't even put on a mask right or follow six feet spacing guidelines. Every where I go I see people with their noses out over the top of the mask. When you go on an airplane and have to sit through the safety instructions on how to operate a seat belt when you realize how many morons can't even wear a mask right you start to understand why the airline safety speech is necessary.

heck no.

I'm not sitting inside anywhere. We've met the kid a time or two at Valley Court Park with lawn chairs and ordered Crunchy's takeout.

(I may have asked them to bring a growler).

That was actually nice. Laid back.. I won't be sitting inside anywhere until there is a vaccine (not released under the current administration).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-27, 18:21

That's why I haven't been to a restaurant. I don't want to sit inside, and it's too fucking hot to sit outside somewhere, even at night.

An infectious disease doctor recently was pointing out that our air conditioning creates a perfect environment for the virus. Add in the fact that it is re-circulating air. Is it any wonder the states blowing up the most are hot states where it is uncomfortable to be outside?

Edit: I should point out that I'm referring to the hot states relative to less hot states that also are careless/stupid with their openings, their rules, and how people are/are not adhering to them.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-27, 18:51; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-06-27, 18:33

ABC news just made reference to Harpers in their opening, more mentions coming.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-06-27, 18:35

Great footage of Jobbie Nooner. Rolling Eyes
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Three_Putt_Par on 2020-06-28, 01:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:That's why I haven't been to a restaurant. I don't want to sit inside, and it's too fucking hot to sit outside somewhere, even at night.

An infectious disease doctor recently was pointing out that our air conditioning creates a perfect environment for the virus. Add in the fact that it is re-circulating air. Is it any wonder the states blowing up the most are hot states where it is uncomfortable to be outside?

Edit: I should point out that I'm referring to the hot states relative to less hot states that also are careless/stupid with their openings, their rules, and how people are/are not adhering to them.

I have zero desire to go to a restaurant/bar until well after this passes.
Three_Putt_Par
Three_Putt_Par
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-06-29, 10:37

[tw]1277611484776980480[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-06-29, 10:39

That's a shame.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-06-29, 10:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:That's a shame.

I'm surprised it wasn't canceled before. I actually applaud them for not jumping the gun and canceling it two months ago. Keep in mind I already avoid that event like the plague.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-29, 11:21

just wait'll college football season is cancelled.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2020-06-29, 12:07

Dublin Square and Lou & Harry's have now been linked to the Harpers outbreak. Both have temporarily closed.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-06-29, 12:12

duffy munn wrote:Dublin Square and Lou & Harry's have now been linked to the Harpers outbreak. Both have temporarily closed.

Thanks, Bob.

They talked about Harper's on NPR's 1A this morning. Had a guest from local NPR station to discuss. Riveting.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2020-06-29, 12:22

Turtleneck wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Dublin Square and Lou & Harry's have now been linked to the Harpers outbreak. Both have temporarily closed.

Thanks, Bob.

They talked about Harper's on NPR's 1A this morning. Had a guest from local NPR station to discuss. Riveting.

What did they say?

And I'm not Bob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-06-29, 12:35

Thanking Bob because it’s his fault. GreenWay played a role, but this is mostly on Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-29, 12:35

Leroy's on Cedar Street, as well.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-29, 12:36

duffy munn wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Thanks, Bob.

What did they say?

And I'm not Bob.
you're a lucky, lucky man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2020-06-29, 12:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Leroy's on Cedar Street, as well.

Yeah I saw that too. Hopefully the operators who are doing it right ( ie the PB and Dags) don't get dragged down.

I'm going to stop at the Barrel on Wednesday for the 40th anniversary party. Yes, Jingles will be there.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-29, 14:09

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Leroy's on Cedar Street, as well.

Yeah I saw that too. Hopefully the operators who are doing it right ( ie the PB and Dags) don't get dragged down.

I'm going to stop at the Barrel on Wednesday for the 40th anniversary party. Yes, Jingles will be there.
saw that.. dollar dogs and dollar Strohs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-06-29, 15:05

In 2 weeks the hospital my wife works at went from having 1 Covid ward, to 2 and yesterday they opened a 3rd one.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-06-29, 15:07

InTenSity wrote:In 2 weeks the hospital my wife works at went from having 1 Covid ward, to 2 and yesterday they opened a 3rd one.

Yikes. This is the shit we were trying to avoid. Stay safe down there.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-06-30, 09:44

Apparently, 2020 isn’t satisfied with only one pandemic and is thinking about starting another.

Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-06-30, 12:29

What's going on with assault rifle crowd at the Capitol today? They protesting because the gyms and movie theaters aren't open or because the Cass Building got renamed?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-30, 12:48

Jake from State Farm wrote:What's going on with assault rifle crowd at the Capitol today? They protesting because the gyms and movie theaters aren't open or because the Cass Building got renamed?
'white people' is what's wrong with them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-06-30, 13:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:What's going on with assault rifle crowd at the Capitol today? They protesting because the gyms and movie theaters aren't open or because the Cass Building got renamed?
'white people' is what's wrong with them.

Could very well be. Hey Bubba, it's a beautiful day out, let's go wander around the Capitol Grounds with our assault rifles.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-06-30, 13:24

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Could very well be. Hey Bubba, it's a beautiful day out, let's go wander around the Capitol Grounds with our assault rifles.
Yeah, since even roofers & ditch diggers are back to work, you gotta think these dumb fuckers can't even hold down those jobs.

Maybe they are protesting lack of adequate mental health care for individual's whose educational path veered off kilter sometime pre-puberty.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-06-30, 14:28

Was listening to The Takeaway (public radio show) today.

They interviewed Dr. Frank LoVecchio, Professor of Emergency Medicine at University of Arizona. His opinion AZ was too slow to shut down in March and in addition to being too soon to reopen the people went bat crazy. From stay at home to crowded bars and huge pool parties doing things like shots off stomachs.

He also addressed the costs. He knows RN’s who went to NYC who were being earning in a week what they had been making in a month pre-COVID. Now they are back home and AZ is competing for nurses with Florida and Texas. Besides the labor expense it takes time for the RN’s to learn the new hospital, it’s custom version of EPIC electronic records, etc.

Bottom line is it’s a freakin’ mess and in my opinion it all starts at the top. In early March Trump was wanting a cruise ship in SF harbor to stay to keep the US COVID-19 count at 15.

Beware of anyone who always thinks they are the smartest person in the room

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/takeaway/segments/phoenix-arizona-covid19-doctor-front-lines
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-06-30, 16:41

And my wife was just notified that they are probably opening up her unit to be a Covid unit. That is 4, when 2 weeks ago they were down to 1...
If she has to self quarantine I'm dropping my kids off at Miami's house. I'll sneak through that security you've got.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-06-30, 17:36

I’m coming close to going full Bee. Started buying TP and PT in larger quantities, because it’s obvious things are going to get worse over the next year. One ply paper towels and toilet paper are just worthless. And that stuff won’t expire before I do. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 10 3836498553
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-06-30, 20:17

InTenSity wrote:And my wife was just notified that they are probably opening up her unit to be a Covid unit. That is 4, when 2 weeks ago they were down to 1...
If she has to self quarantine I'm dropping my kids off at Miami's house. I'll sneak through that security you've got.

Careful, my neighborhood has expanded the security forces.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 10 Image10
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2020-06-30, 21:14

It looks like they are going to shoot each other.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-06-30, 21:17

tGreenWay wrote:I’m coming close to going full Bee. Started buying TP and PT in larger quantities, because it’s obvious things are going to get worse over the next year. One ply paper towels and toilet paper are just worthless. And that stuff won’t expire before I do. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 10 3836498553

I personally don't see those items being in shortage again. I actually don't think we're going to get to a panic point again. There will be a lot of cases, but responsible adults (which is the vast majority) will keep on keeping on with the new normal (masks, staying away from strangers) and I think we'll be fine. I don't see disruptions to the supply chain like we had before, or even in the meat packing plants. Retailers will continue to limit supplies, which is smart but I think we're gonna be ok. The great paper shortage was more or less an internet rumor gone wild.

PS. Get a bidet while you can. If you regret the decision later I will personally reimburse you for the purchase. I'm trying to make the world a better place.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-07-01, 10:59

Yesterday the Allegan County Fair that had already been moved back from August to September 10-18 due to COVID-19 concerns officially cancelled the 2020 event on June 30.  The fair began 167 years ago. Only the 2nd time its been cancelled. The last time was 1942 after the Japanese had bombed Pearl Harbor.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum