Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+33
tGreenWay
Nordic
SawGreen
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
MSU addict
Three_Putt_Par
pulling69
MattyFresh
NigelUno
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Senior Dickfist
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
y2kMgrad
InTenSity
duffy munn
Watch Out Pylon!
CORNER BLITZ
AvgMSUJoe
Tim Wakefield
aualum06
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Cameron
Heat Miser
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
37 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by InTenSity Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Dade is shutting down restaurants again starting on Wednesday. On the flip side the beaches will re-open on Tuesday.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:17 pm

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:There are a lot of really sad, unfortunate things about this pandemic. But among the worst is probably that because of it, steve is on the internet and Twitter all day.

I can think of a lot of worst things but if that's top of your list for you so be it.

It was somewhat of a joke steve. Somewhat. I still love you but sometimes you gotta take a deep breath.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:26 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can think of a lot of worst things but if that's top of your list for you so be it.

It was somewhat of a joke steve. Somewhat. I still love you but sometimes you gotta take a deep breath.

Sorry, it's my first back from a week of vacation and I'm just getting back in the swing of things. Also, just curious which one of my posts prompted it?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 502811600 Every one. It reminds me of when you went to a basketball game and UM beat MSU because they had a true stretch 5 and we had Nick Ward and you became Tex Winter.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:37 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 502811600 Every one. It reminds me of when you went to a basketball game and UM beat MSU because they had a true stretch 5 and we had Nick Ward and you became Tex Winter.

I'm afraid there's no going back for you, WBH. Once you realize how obnoxious steve is, you can't unring that bell. This is your life now.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:37 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 502811600 Every one. It reminds me of when you went to a basketball game and UM beat MSU because they had a true stretch 5 and we had Nick Ward and you became Tex Winter.

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 502811600 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 502811600 Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Cameron wrote:

I'm afraid there's no going back for you, WBH. Once you realize how obnoxious steve is, you can't unring that bell. This is your life now.

I'm actually quite relaxed. Had a great week off and enjoyed a lot of outdoor activities. I don't feel like I've been too obnoxious.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:41 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'm actually quite relaxed. Had a great week off and enjoyed a lot of outdoor activities. I don't feel like I've been too obnoxious.

Of course you don't, steve. Of course you don't.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:44 pm

InTenSity wrote:Dade is shutting down restaurants again starting on Wednesday. On the flip side the beaches will re-open on Tuesday.

with leadership like this..

“We are much better off today than we were in March,” DeSantis says, as number of cases in Florida tops 200,000.

all I can say is good luck.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I went for a big hike last week. I know everyone wants a view on their hikes, but I'm finding more an more I appreciate being on a trail through a forest. Nothing like the fresh air in a forest under the canopy of leaves and munching on some trail mix. It is a way to find some true peace and to just get away from all the horrible shit happening in 2020.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:49 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I went for a big hike last week. I know everyone wants a view on their hikes, but I'm finding more an more I appreciate being on a trail through a forest. Nothing like the fresh air in a forest under the canopy of leaves and munching on some trail mix. It is a way to find some true peace and to just get away from all the horrible shit happening in 2020.

This guy gets it. Have you been to CO, Steve? You should come out after a vaccine and i'll send you recommendations.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This guy gets it. Have you been to CO, Steve? You should come out after a vaccine and i'll send you recommendations.

I haven't outside of a stop at the Denver Airport. I've been to all of the neighboring states but I should make it out there as soon as this crap is over with. Also, I know my tweets and posts are 'obnoxious' but the one I posted a little while back the expert noted this shit is going to go on until 2028 with the way we are handling this. Time to test, to socially distance and wear a mask.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Steve. Take your Prius for a drive and get yourself an Impossible Whopper.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:05 pm

The Pantry wrote:Steve. Take your Prius for a drive and get yourself an Impossible Whopper.

I'm a McDonald's guy. I don't like the flame broilers they have at Burger King.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:16 pm

That team had a modern offense and they were stuffing our offense. They knew where the ball was going the entire game. Also, the ones that came away looking stupid that game were the dumb UofM fans that thought MSU fans were chanting Hitler in MSG.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Why not continue the hijack, it's just the Swill.

So, with that team that we had, we were unstoppable for the first two months of the season. Until OSU figured out that Ward couldn't pass out of a double team. We struggled mightily on offense after that. It wasn't scheme-related. I love Puddin, and he's unstoppable one on one on the block (as we saw on Saturday), but there's a reason the back to the basket 5 is being phased out of the game. With Ward on the floor on Offense, you have a giant pit in the middle of your spacing that doesn't move. It's great when the ball goes into that pit and you can easily convert it into 2. But it's not great if it can't come out of that pit, or that pit doesn't move off of the block in the half court. Ward was not a very good screen setter so he doesn't work well as a pick and roll man. But it's Nick Ward, you gonna take him out of your lineup? He works hard and he runs the floor very well for a big, but he limits what you can do in the halfcourt offensively. Somewhat severely. And also in the halfcourt defensively, when he is forced to match up with a 5 that can step out and truly shoot it. That game and season were never about schematics. Izzo runs some of the best sets out there. Since you are such a big twitter guy, haven't you seen the tweets that were making the rounds a few weeks ago about the horns sets and the action MSU runs on offense from CBB gurus? MSU Twitter was all over retweeting that stuff. It's not just the sets, it's also that he gets guys to buy in and run those things near flawlessly by March of their Sr years.

Sometimes matchups are just bad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:51 pm

steveschneider wrote:

Following WBH's lead on the off-topic continuation.....

Steve, man you are crazy and I love it...from a distance. You seem like a genuinely good dude. I can't lie, I enjoy reading your defenses against your critics. Keep up the good fight. And Cameron, please keep up your end of the deal. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 1853518006

Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:

Steve, man you are crazy and I love it...from a distance.  You seem like a genuinely good dude.  I can't lie, I enjoy reading your defenses against your critics.  Keep up the good fight.  And Cameron, please keep up your end of the deal.    Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 1853518006

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 Cant-stop-wont-stop
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:

Steve, man you are crazy and I love it...from a distance. You seem like a genuinely good dude. I can't lie, I enjoy reading your defenses against your critics. Keep up the good fight. And Cameron, please keep up your end of the deal. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 1853518006

I just keep it real and speak my truth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:20 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why not continue the hijack, it's just the Swill.

So, with that team that we had, we were unstoppable for the first two months of the season. Until OSU figured out that Ward couldn't pass out of a double team. We struggled mightily on offense after that. It wasn't scheme-related. I love Puddin, and he's unstoppable one on one on the block (as we saw on Saturday), but there's a reason the back to the basket 5 is being phased out of the game. With Ward on the floor on Offense, you have a giant pit in the middle of your spacing that doesn't move. It's great when the ball goes into that pit and you can easily convert it into 2. But it's not great if it can't come out of that pit, or that pit doesn't move off of the block in the half court. Ward was not a very good screen setter so he doesn't work well as a pick and roll man. But it's Nick Ward, you gonna take him out of your lineup? He works hard and he runs the floor very well for a big, but he limits what you can do in the halfcourt offensively. Somewhat severely. And also in the halfcourt defensively, when he is forced to match up with a 5 that can step out and truly shoot it. That game and season were never about schematics. Izzo runs some of the best sets out there. Since you are such a big twitter guy, haven't you seen the tweets that were making the rounds a few weeks ago about the horns sets and the action MSU runs on offense from CBB gurus? MSU Twitter was all over retweeting that stuff. It's not just the sets, it's also that he gets guys to buy in and run those things near flawlessly by March of their Sr years.

Sometimes matchups are just bad.

I did see those plays, pretty good stuff. I guess my one challenge to the Ward theory is in 2018 - 2019 the offense looked beautiful and Ward was a part of it. I've also seen Izzo's teams without Ward run into the same stale predictable sets. Appling end of the game running around with all of his guys covered just passing it back and forth to eachother without putting any pressure on the defense, or Gary Harris ISO forced to jack up a near impossible shot....

My call outs were based on more than just that one game and were based on season after season. But I do recall you making this point clear, Izzo is the best we'll ever get and when he calls it a day the odds are against us we enjoy the same level of success. So I am grateful and there's been so many unbelievable moments along the way that I should make it clear that despite my occasional criticisms of his game I'm a die hard loyal fan. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:54 pm

InTenSity wrote:Dade is shutting down restaurants again starting on Wednesday. On the flip side the beaches will re-open on Tuesday.

I'm glad the local counties have the authority to do what DeSantis won't, but this should have been done a week ago. Things always felt like they were opening too soon, but we've been pretty paranoid during this, and never really left lockdown mode (essential store trips only, no visiting family, etc.).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 am

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/this-map-shows-why-it-would-be-terrifying-to-open-canada-u-s-border-1.5012933

Canadian perspective on opening up the US Border.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:57 am

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1279924971146485760?s=21

Texas doctor talking about making the choice of who gets to live.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'm glad the local counties have the authority to do what DeSantis won't, but this should have been done a week ago. Things always felt like they were opening too soon, but we've been pretty paranoid during this, and never really left lockdown mode (essential store trips only, no visiting family, etc.).
didn't I read something about them forcing schools to be open for face-to-face instruction starting next month?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:16 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

didn't I read something about them forcing schools to be open for face-to-face instruction starting next month?

Yeah, and I don't know if the local counties can make their own decisions (school districts here are by county, not individual cities/areas), but I cant imagine a statewide order like that flying, unless things get under control quickly and case numbers go way down. At the very least, there would be massive teacher strikes, parent/student strikes, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

That’s correct. I saw on News Hour Trump still polls well with the economy though that number is down a bit because of the recession. They are saying his strategy is to have some kind of a turn around which will benefit his efforts to get re-elected. Hence the push to re-open and get things going.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:53 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: didn't I read something about them forcing schools to be open for face-to-face instruction starting next month?

Yeah, and I don't know if the local counties can make their own decisions (school districts here are by county, not individual cities/areas), but I cant imagine a statewide order like that flying, unless things get under control quickly and case numbers go way down. At the very least, there would be massive teacher strikes, parent/student strikes, etc.
I would think so, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:55 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: didn't I read something about them forcing schools to be open for face-to-face instruction starting next month?

We just had the survey of what you want to do in the fall with kids and school. There were technically 3 choices, but only 2 real choices. Back to school full time, or school from home full time. For Kyle, we aren't equipped at home to do home schooling with him and he doesn't understand why he has to do school stuff here and not at school. I thought they were talking about a hybrid model, which I would prefer, of 2 days at school and 3 at home or something like that, but I guess they scratched that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 am

Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 3069395473

Florida Education Commissioner mandates all schools to reopen in August
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:56 am

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

We just had the survey of what you want to do in the fall with kids and school. There were technically 3 choices, but only 2 real choices. Back to school full time, or school from home full time. For Kyle, we aren't equipped at home to do home schooling with him and he doesn't understand why he has to do school stuff here and not at school. I thought they were talking about a hybrid model, which I would prefer, of 2 days at school and 3 at home or something like that, but I guess they scratched that.

Yeah, that's got to be even tougher when it comes to Kyle.

I had thought they were strongly looking at alternating days or alternating weeks, but maybe that was Broward or maybe that's changed. This statewide order says that they must go 5 days per week, but that's just another reason why I can't see this order being actually forced into practice. They put everything else in the counties' hands with this pandemic so that they don't have to take any stance at the State level, but then they're going to try to force a statewide stance on schools? They'll probably walk it back somewhat, but in terms of that announcement yesterday, I don't think it's a coincidence that it came on the same day as a certain "Schools must open in the fall" tweet.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Heat Miser wrote: Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 3069395473

Florida Education Commissioner mandates all schools to reopen in August
Alternate Headline: "Party Of Pro-Life Doesn't Care If People Die"

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:23 pm

Reading through that order explains why there is no hybrid model. So what every parent wanted and the schools probably wanted is being over ridden by a hands off approach government in Florida. Great.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 pm

Brazil's president, who called this all a hoax, has tested positive.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Florida, you do you.

[tw]1280514153342480389[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:23 pm

cyclops

[tw]1280484654483636224[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:37 pm

InTenSity wrote:Brazil's president, who called this all a hoax, has tested positive.

I'm pretty sure the guy is Trump's long lost brother.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:37 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Florida, you do you.

Look like a bunch of midwesterners to me. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:15 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Florida, you do you.

Look like a bunch of midwesterners to me. Coronavirus?? We gone?   - Page 12 2599972566
I don't think it is open to the public for a few more days. I believe today was just for cast members and their families/guests. I am pretty sure Disneyland remains closed.

We cancelled our trip to Disney.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Re-open date for WDW is 7/11. DL cast members protested en masse and got their reopening date pushed back.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:32 pm

just when I thought Disneyland couldn't get less appealing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next