Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Economy entered recession in February

Go down

Economy entered recession in February  Empty Economy entered recession in February

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-06-08, 15:32

Prior to lockdown. Thanks, Don.

The U.S. economy entered a recession in February as the Covid-19 pandemic spread and triggered the shutdown of businesses across the country, according to economists.

The National Bureau of Economic Research made the designation official on Monday, announcing that a 128-month economic expansion — the longest on record — ended that month.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/08/recession-united-states-economy-307403
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Economy entered recession in February  Empty Re: Economy entered recession in February

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-08, 15:42

How about that stock market?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Economy entered recession in February  Empty Re: Economy entered recession in February

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-08, 16:17

steveschneider wrote:How about that stock market?
What about it?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-08, 16:20

So a racist bigot who rapes women, mocks disabled people and filed for bankruptcy five times doesn't know to make sound, rational decisions that ensure security and confidence to a nation of 300 million people?

I'm genuinely surprised.

Next thing you'll tell me is that he appeals to the worst, most disgusting and pathetic aspect of the human condition that provides them with a sense of belonging for the first time in their life and, as such, is why they still support him.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-08, 16:51

Economy entered recession in February  502811600 Oh, c'mon Bob. You can be more derogatory than that. Work up some new material Economy entered recession in February  276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-06-08, 16:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:So a racist bigot who rapes women, mocks disabled people and filed for bankruptcy five times doesn't know to make sound, rational decisions that ensure security and confidence to a nation of 300 million people?

I'm genuinely surprised.

Next thing you'll tell me is that he appeals to the worst, most disgusting and pathetic aspect of the human condition that provides them with a sense of belonging for the first time in their life and, as such, is why they still support him.

So, so very wrong. The US population is 328.2+ million, Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-06-08, 17:03

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:How about that stock market?
What about it?

It's pretty far out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-08, 17:34

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What about it?

It's pretty far out.
Haven't been paying attention lately?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-08, 17:41

The stock market likes having a couple trillion handed to it. Duh.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-08, 19:35

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:So a racist bigot who rapes women, mocks disabled people and filed for bankruptcy five times doesn't know to make sound, rational decisions that ensure security and confidence to a nation of 300 million people?

I'm genuinely surprised.

So, so very wrong. The US population is 328.2+ million, Bob.
I was being sympathetic.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-06-08, 20:35

The Pantry wrote:Economy entered recession in February  502811600 Oh, c'mon Bob. You can be more derogatory than that. Work up some new material Economy entered recession in February  276803595

Bob can be more derogatory than that, but not more than our President can.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-08, 21:09

kingstonlake wrote:The stock market likes having a couple trillion handed to it. Duh.
No ones fault but yours if you didn't get in.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-08, 21:22

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:The stock market likes having a couple trillion handed to it. Duh.
No ones fault but yours if you didn't get in.

I did. And do. But you missed the point.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-08, 21:48

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:No ones fault but yours if you didn't get in.

What point? You guys seem to ignore the good Trump has done for the economy. Biden/Pelosi will sell us out to the Chinese in a heartbeat.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-06-08, 22:34

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

What point? You guys seem to ignore the good Trump has done for the economy. Biden/Pelosi will sell us out to the Chinese in a heartbeat.

Can you like... simply... like I’m really dumb.... explain to me how the largest unemployment rate on record fits into your evaluation?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2020-06-08, 22:40

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Those suburban bubbles sure are comfy, huh?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-06-08, 22:45

Rocinante wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What point? You guys seem to ignore the good Trump has done for the economy. Biden/Pelosi will sell us out to the Chinese in a heartbeat.

Can you like... simply... like I’m really dumb.... explain to me how the largest unemployment rate on record fits into your evaluation?
Because you're stupid enough to not recognize the impact of Covid-19...?

Go ahead...blame it all on Trump. That's what you twats do.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-06-09, 03:27

Ok. Let’s stipulate that coronavirus had an impact. Please explain to me, again, like I’m really dumb, how that is the only thing I should blame, and how exactly I should ignore the fact that three of the last four republican presidents have ended their terms (assuming this is Trumps last term) with the economy in ruins only to be rebuilt by democrats and then coasted on by the next republican president and used to institute a tax break for the rich.

Again, please be kind. I’m just a dumb midwestern State school educated idiot.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-09, 05:29

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Where did that money come from? Was it from consumers spending earned income?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-09, 06:14

The Pantry wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Because you're stupid enough to not recognize the impact of Covid-19...?

Go ahead...blame it all on Trump. That's what you twats do.

You want to give him credit for ignoring and down playing the disease to the point of massive unemployment and an economic free fall that required congress to print two trillion dollars so Wall Street can stay afloat?

Sure. Credit given.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-06-09, 06:25

I'm still surprised that someone who would bankrupt a lemonade stand would lead America into the worst economy since The Great Depression.

I mean.. if only there had been a way to predict this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-06-09, 07:40

You leftists are libbing up this thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2020-06-09, 08:10

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Has The Trump Organization pulled out of all hotel developments bearing its name that are being financed by Chinese banks like the golf resort in Indonesia?

Has The Trump Organization released all brand rights they have lobbied the Chinese government to grant them to use in China?

You do realize that the great stock boom was underwritten by an exploding Federal deficit created by the 2017 Tax Act. Those tax savings was a boon to corporations that promptly took their new tax savings and bought back stocks.

Most Trumpites can’t see past the bs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-06-09, 09:20

GRR Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:What point? You guys seem to ignore the good Trump has done for the economy. Biden/Pelosi will sell us out to the Chinese in a heartbeat.

Has The Trump Organization pulled out of all hotel developments bearing its name that are being financed by Chinese banks like the golf resort in Indonesia?

Has The Trump Organization released all brand rights they have lobbied the Chinese government to grant them to use in China?

You do realize that the great stock boom was underwritten by an exploding Federal deficit created by the 2017 Tax Act. Those tax savings was a boon to corporations that promptly took their new tax savings and bought back stocks.

Most Trumpites can’t see past the bs.

Boom
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum