Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lincoln Project

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lincoln Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Lincoln Project

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-22, 16:34

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I agree. The problem is there’s an element of the D party working against the D party. While Bernie or Warren weren’t my first choice, had they gotten the nomination, I wouldn’t have had to “hold my nose” to vote for either of them. I’d welcome Warren as the VP (again, not my first choice). I’m not pissy about the process. I understand the D party is a huge umbrella. There was a chance my guy wasn’t gonna get the nomination and he didn’t. Biden signed a “charter” I believe with Bernie. Good idea. Full disclosure that I haven’t read it. Incorporate some of his and his supporters ideas. Time will tell if it has teeth. I’m just not a petulant kid who was told he could only have two cookies instead of five and threw a fit over it because it’s five or nothing. I believe you and I would both punch the ticket for Sanders if he won without hesitation, whining or complaining. There’s a segment of the D party that don’t feel that way. And you’re right. Some of them won’t vote. No matter what they tell you.

I think they hate everyone that can't win a gold medal in the Woke Olympics.

lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-07-22, 16:36

I could give a shit about wokeness. I just don’t kid myself about who the Republican Party is. And most of the Democrats too.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-07-22, 16:49

It is pretty weird that a bunch of centrists in this thread are talking to liberals who *have all said they’ll vote for biden unapologetically* in such a dismissive way while slobbering all over some republicans.

I mean, I guess it isn’t really weird.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-22, 16:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It is pretty weird that a bunch of centrists in this thread are talking to liberals who *have all said they’ll vote for biden unapologetically* in such a dismissive way while slobbering all over some republicans.

They are all voting for Biden and so are Bernie supporters. Take note this is what a winning coalition looks like and is a good thing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-22, 16:55

There you go again.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-07-22, 16:56

I'm gonna vote for the Lincoln project.

Isn't there something shady going on with their fundraising/spending? I feel like I read something about it a few weeks ago but I can't find anything now.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-07-22, 17:00

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It is pretty weird that a bunch of centrists in this thread are talking to liberals who *have all said they’ll vote for biden unapologetically* in such a dismissive way while slobbering all over some republicans.

They are all voting for Biden and so are Bernie supporters. Take note this is what a winning coalition looks like and is a good thing.

Thanks pundit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-22, 17:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm gonna vote for the Lincoln project.

Isn't there something shady going on with their fundraising/spending? I feel like I read something about it a few weeks ago but I can't find anything now.

Some Trump surrogate trashed them in the New York Post the other day. Who knows...honestly after the election I'll say thanks and be glad to part company or consider any of their future efforts on a case by case basis.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-07-22, 17:03

But again, also, it’s pretty weird that you’re talking to “Bernie supporters” when you’re literally not talking to a single person that was a Bernie supporter during the primary.

It’s just that you have terminal pundit disease from too much cable news watching. You’re melding into one of them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-22, 17:07

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Thanks pundit

I got called a Pundit. I'm going to guess I didn't podium at the Woke Olympics lefty purity competition.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-22, 17:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But again, also, it’s pretty weird that you’re talking to “Bernie supporters” when you’re literally not talking to a single person that was a Bernie supporter during the primary.

It’s just that you have terminal pundit disease from too much cable news watching. You’re melding into one of them.

Ahh I failed by watching too much cable news. Got it that's what caused me to miss out on a podium.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-22, 17:10

Take note centrists shun these things:

A) cable news
B) Lincoln Project
C) Anyone that takes money from a billionaire in a wine cave
D) Anyone that drinks almond milk instead of oat milk

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2020-07-22, 17:13

Those first three are pretty good starts.

Or at least you don’t have to bow down and praise them. You could just, like, ignore them and say nothing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-22, 17:19

steveschneider wrote:Take note centrists shun these things:

A) cable news
B) Lincoln Project
C) Anyone that takes money from a billionaire in a wine cave
D) Anyone that drinks almond milk instead of oat milk

Steve, were just Republicans with slightly less racism.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-07-22, 17:25

I don't fucking care if they're trying to reshape the GOP in their image. The GOP needs a serious re-shaping, and it has for about 15-20 years, ever since the neocons and tea party influence started taking over, as a reaction to the Clinton presidency. Agree or disagree with what their politics are after November, they are kicking ass, trolling Trump, and contributing toward his demise.

But the Lincoln project did not just pop up when Trump's numbers went bad. As an organization, they started late last year, I believe. If you want to look at major events that had an impact on them getting organized/activated, I think it has more to do with the Impeachment, and the gutless Senators that let him get away with that, and emboldened him to do so much more. But I would also point out that the GOP establishment hated Trump in 2015/16. The ones in office/seeking office sucked him off because they needed him to get re-elected. But I don't think these Lincoln Party guys were ever on board with him, whether enthusiastically or grudgingly. Kelly Ann Conway's husband has long been known to be a critic of Trump's throughout his presidency.

I'm fully on board with the Lincoln Project. I don't know what their agenda is in Trump-free times, and I don't care. Their agenda right now is viciously against Trump and his enablers (i.e., most of the Senate and House Republicans, as well as many R governors), and that aligns with mine. Not because I'm a Democrat (I'm not), but because, like them, I feel that Trump is an incredible danger to this country and responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people and counting.

I am not usually very engaged in politics or tBin, and when I am, it's usually to provide a bit of balanced thought among the strong one-sidedness here. Generally, I think both sides are made up of largely self-serving lying assholes. But, although I was always against Trump, the Ukraine thing really pissed me off. Since effectively being told by the Senate that he could do whatever the fuck he wanted, his increased and blatant disregard of the Constitution and Rule of Law, has riled me the fuck up. It feels like the timing of my personal increase in getting pissed off as mirrored that of the Lincoln Project. So maybe that's why I see their rise as genuine about getting rid of Trump. That doesn't mean they don't have goals beyond that, but that's irrelevant to the bigger picture.

So you can call me a Reagan Democrat, but that implies that I was ever a Democrat. I was always somewhere between a Reagan Republican and independent when I was younger, and have evolved, where I now am firmly in the independent realm, with a lean to one side or another depending on the issue. Trump has made me agree more with all of you dolts here than I would prefer, and that is another aspect of him that pisses me off. I mean, agreeing with so many things that Travis and Bob post? Ugh, fuck you for making that happen, Trump.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-07-22, 17:28

Let’s all just agree that this coalition of guys who got GW elected twice are the best thing since sliced bread.

I just hope to god that the progressives hold Biden’s feet to the fire and get some real legislation passed in his first two years. I suspect he’ll alienate the progressives and the dems will lose their advantage without accomplishing anything of substance, but I would love to be proven wrong.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-07-22, 17:29

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm gonna vote for the Lincoln project.

Some Trump surrogate trashed them in the New York Post the other day. Who knows...honestly after the election I'll say thanks and be glad to part company or consider any of their future efforts on a case by case basis.

Apparently the Lincoln Project's Ivanka ad about "Find something new" really got under the skin of Trump and Kushner and they called in favors with the Newscorp, which is why all of a sudden within 2 days of that ad hitting, the NY Post and Fox News started trashing the Lincoln Project.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-07-22, 17:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Those first three are pretty good starts.

Or at least you don’t have to bow down and praise them. You could just, like, ignore them and say nothing.

Travis telling people what to say/think/post about again.

Now of course, he'll say that he doesn't care what people say/think/post, after just showing that he does care.

(ahh, feels good that Travis can still post nonsense that I disagree with). Wink
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-22, 17:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:I don't fucking care if they're trying to reshape the GOP in their image. The GOP needs a serious re-shaping, and it has for about 15-20 years, ever since the neocons and tea party influence started taking over, as a reaction to the Clinton presidency. Agree or disagree with what their politics are after November, they are kicking ass, trolling Trump, and contributing toward his demise.

But the Lincoln project did not just pop up when Trump's numbers went bad. As an organization, they started late last year, I believe. If you want to look at major events that had an impact on them getting organized/activated, I think it has more to do with the Impeachment, and the gutless Senators that let him get away with that, and emboldened him to do so much more. But I would also point out that the GOP establishment hated Trump in 2015/16. The ones in office/seeking office sucked him off because they needed him to get re-elected. But I don't think these Lincoln Party guys were ever on board with him, whether enthusiastically or grudgingly. Kelly Ann Conway's husband has long been known to be a critic of Trump's throughout his presidency.

I'm fully on board with the Lincoln Project. I don't know what their agenda is in Trump-free times, and I don't care. Their agenda right now is viciously against Trump and his enablers (i.e., most of the Senate and House Republicans, as well as many R governors), and that aligns with mine. Not because I'm a Democrat (I'm not), but because, like them, I feel that Trump is an incredible danger to this country and responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people and counting.

I am not usually very engaged in politics or tBin, and when I am, it's usually to provide a bit of balanced thought among the strong one-sidedness here. Generally, I think both sides are made up of largely self-serving lying assholes. But, although I was always against Trump, the Ukraine thing really pissed me off. Since effectively being told by the Senate that he could do whatever the fuck he wanted, his increased and blatant disregard of the Constitution and Rule of Law, has riled me the fuck up. It feels like the timing of my personal increase in getting pissed off as mirrored that of the Lincoln Project. So maybe that's why I see their rise as genuine about getting rid of Trump. That doesn't mean they don't have goals beyond that, but that's irrelevant to the bigger picture.

So you can call me a Reagan Democrat, but that implies that I was ever a Democrat. I was always somewhere between a Reagan Republican and independent when I was younger, and have evolved, where I now am firmly in the independent realm, with a lean to one side or another depending on the issue. Trump has made me agree more with all of you dolts here than I would prefer, and that is another aspect of him that pisses me off. I mean, agreeing with so many things that Travis and Bob post? Ugh, fuck you for making that happen, Trump.

Welcome to the coalition, Miami. Defeating Trump is an all hands on deck situation and I welcome the Lincoln Project.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-22, 17:37

Rocinante wrote:Let’s all just agree that this coalition of guys who got GW elected twice are the best thing since sliced bread.

I just hope to god that the progressives hold Biden’s feet to the fire and get some real legislation passed in his first two years.  I suspect he’ll alienate the progressives and the dems will lose their advantage without accomplishing anything of substance, but I would love to be proven wrong.

What grounds does the far left wing of the democrat party have to “hold Biden’s feet to the fire” They got trounced. I’m all for working with them an incorporating agendas. But let’s not pretend Warren or Bernie won and they decided to hand the nomination to Biden.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-07-23, 03:44

The “far” left of the party are an important block for victory. That’s their grounds. They require things that will excite their base, notoriously flaky and mistrusting of politicians in general. That’s why Biden has met with and formulated policies with the Bernie wing. He knows he needs it and it will bolt to moms basement to smoke a bowl if it doesn’t feel like voting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-23, 06:00

Rocinante wrote:The “far” left of the party are an important block for victory. That’s their grounds. They require things that will excite their base, notoriously flaky and mistrusting of politicians in general. That’s why Biden has met with and formulated policies with the Bernie wing.  He knows he needs it and it will bolt to moms basement to smoke a bowl if it doesn’t feel like voting.

This is true. Notoriously flaky. Completely agree that working with them is vital. I guess i Onondaga misinterpreted “holding his feet to the fire”. I mean honestly, they didn’t even show up to vote for him, lol. We Dems are fickle bunch in general, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-23, 06:42

The far left won’t get anything passed because they are too busy alienating and driving away voters to actuallY win. Common quotes on elections ‘lesser than evil is still evil’, ‘____ voted for the Iraq war’, ‘____ gave a speech on wall street’, ‘____ voted for a crime bill thirty years ago’.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-23, 07:14

steveschneider wrote:The far left won’t get anything passed because they are too busy alienating and driving away voters to actuallY win. Common quotes on elections ‘lesser than evil is still evil’, ‘____ voted for the Iraq war’, ‘____ gave a speech on wall street’, ‘____ voted for a crime bill thirty years ago’.

I wouldn’t go so far as saying they alienate voters outside their agenda. It just seems they are not willing to work towards the goal. They want to start the drive on the five yard line, lol. Some of the far lefts ideas are definitely worth investing in. Investing... You're not going to fundamentally Overturn the Democrat party in one election. If Biden wins it will be interesting to see what happens in 2024. They are a touchy group. Having an open discussion about certain topics sends them into a tizzy if it’s not along their lines of thinking. They have a tendency to be closed minded at times.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-23, 07:22

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:The far left won’t get anything passed because they are too busy alienating and driving away voters to actuallY win. Common quotes on elections ‘lesser than evil is still evil’, ‘____ voted for the Iraq war’, ‘____ gave a speech on wall street’, ‘____ voted for a crime bill thirty years ago’.

I wouldn’t go so far as saying they alienate voters outside their agenda. It just seems they are not willing to work towards the goal. They want to start the drive on the five yard line, lol. Some of the far lefts ideas are definitely worth investing in. Investing... You're not going to fundamentally Overturn the Democrat party in one election. If Biden wins it will be interesting to see what happens in 2024. They are a touchy group. Having an open discussion about certain topics sends them into a tizzy if it’s not along their lines of thinking. They have a tendency to be closed minded at times.

You have to win elections and the more people helping the better. There is no contract between any of us and the Lincoln Party. After the election all parties are free to do whatever. I’m a single issue voter in 2020 and that is to defeat Trump and I welcome all to the cause.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-23, 09:34

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-07-23, 19:58

FWIW these guys are tweeting out asking people to follow and get behind a D Senator in Alaska, a Jewish Doctor who is all about climate change.

I have no dog in this fight, just found that interesting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-07-23, 20:01

Here's the original tweet.

[tw]1286320475774255105[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-23, 20:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here's the original tweet.

[tw]1286320475774255105[/tw]

I’ll be their huckleberry
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-07-24, 01:10

[tw]1286105602205405184[/tw]

Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946 Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-24, 08:48

Keep doing what you are doing Lincoln Project. Best commercials of the season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2020-07-24, 13:50

No dog in the fight yesterday, but now I am a big fan of these guys. Eat shit Roc and Travis!

[tw]1286687854823903232[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-24, 13:57

Holy shit. Hilarious!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-24, 14:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No dog in the fight yesterday, but now I am a big fan of these guys. Eat shit Roc and Travis!

Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946 Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946 Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946 Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946 Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946 Lincoln Project - Page 2 1966794946

Also, to toot my own horn fuckin' Steve was right again!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2020-07-24, 14:10

Get ready for president Romney in 4 years.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2020-07-24, 14:13

steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2020-07-24, 14:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No dog in the fight yesterday, but now I am a big fan of these guys. Eat shit Roc and Travis!

My family and I couldn't stop laughing at this.

But actually, it is from The Tonight show. They credited it in the follow up post.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-07-24, 19:26

He's as senile as my dad. He used to do the same type of thing, and was proud of it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-07-24, 20:36

FYI - the 2nd post in this thread:

Bobby Sak wrote:
Their ads and mission are very good and very necessary.

I just hope Democrats have a plan down the road to react to them when their sights are turned away from the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and toward them.

You're welcome.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-07-24, 20:54

Lincoln Project has targeted Dems?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte